• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

May Wrasslin' |OT2| Where the Big Boys Play

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date
Totally slacked on wrestling lately, as I've been playing computer games. Sorry bros. I expect and accept to be jobbing to the young up and coming posters for the next few OTs.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Watching clash of the Champions and they announce a match where three cages are stacked on top of each other. Have they really done that? The tower of doom?

tumblr_n0q0muY19w1s0zdtdo1_500.jpg

So, final thoughts on CHIKARA tonight?

It was fun, nothing too spectacular - I expect the hardcore crowd would have really loved it, but there were some things that fell flat for me (Quack's promo and the show's ending, for instance). It's good to have CHIKARA back, though - I don't know if I'll be following them with the same regularity I once did, but I'll definitely check out the big shows and am excited for King of Trios 2014!

Alucard

Banned
It was fun, nothing too spectacular - I expect the hardcore crowd would have really loved it, but there were some things that fell flat for me (Quack's promo and the show's ending, for instance). It's good to have CHIKARA back, though - I don't know if I'll be following them with the same regularity I once did, but I'll definitely check out the big shows and am excited for King of Trios 2014!

Cool. Glad to have another alternative out there.

Cards for the next few iPPVs from Japan;

NJPW, "BEST OF THE SUPER Jr's XXI", 2014.05.30
Tokyo Korakuen Hall

1. Best of the Super Jr. – Block B: El Desperado vs. Taichi
2. Best of the Super Jr. – Block B: Alex Shelley vs. Nick Jackson
3. Best of the Super Jr. – Block B: Ryusuke Taguchi vs. Kenny Omega
4. Best of the Super Jr. – Block B: Tiger Mask vs. Rocky Romero
5. Best of the Super Jr. – Block A: Mascara Dorada vs. TAKA Michinoku
6. Best of the Super Jr. – Block A: KUSHIDA vs. Matt Jackson
7. Best of the Super Jr. – Block A: Ricochet vs. Alex Koslov
8. Best of the Super Jr. – Block A: Jushin Thunder Liger vs. BUSHI

DRAGON GATE, 2014.06.05
Tokyo Korakuen Hall

0. K-ness & Kenichiro Arai vs. Super Shisa & Chihiro Tominaga
1. U-T & Yosuke♡Santa Maria vs. Gamma & Hollywood Stalker Ichikawa
2. Open the Brave Gate #1 Contender Match: Jimmy Kagetora vs. Shachihoko BOY
3. Don Fujii & Ryotsu Shimizu vs. Jimmy Susumu & Mr. High Tension Kotoka
4. T-Hawk & Eita vs. Masaaki Mochizuki & Dragon Kid
5. Masato Yoshino, Akira Tozawa & Shingo Takagi vs. Mr. Quu Quu Tanizaki Naoki Toyonaka Dolphin, Genki Horiguchi H.A.Gee.Mee!! & Jimmy Kanda
6. Nombre contra Nombre 5 vs. 1 Scramble Elimination Match: YAMATO, Kzy, Naruki Doi, Cyber Kong & Mondai Ryu vs. BxB Hulk*

*Hulk will face each member of MAD BLANKEY in a series of singles matches. He has to defeat all of them to win the match. MAD BLANKEY only need to defeat Hulk once. The winners of the match gain the rights to the MAD BLANKEY name and logo.

NJPW, "BEST OF THE SUPER Jr's XXI", 2014.06.03
Tokyo Korakuen Hall

1. Best of the Super Jr. – Block B: Rocky Romero vs. Taichi
2. Best of the Super Jr. – Block B: El Desperado vs. Kenny Omega
3. Best of the Super Jr. – Block B: Ryusuke Taguchi vs. Alex Shelley
4. Best of the Super Jr. – Block B: Tiger Mask vs. Nick Jackson
5. Best of the Super Jr. – Block A: TAKA Michinoku vs. Matt Jackson
6. Best of the Super Jr. – Block A: Alex Koslov vs. Mascara Dorada
7. Best of the Super Jr. – Block A: KUSHIDA vs. BUSHI
8. Best of the Super Jr. – Block A: Jushin Thunder Liger vs. Ricochet

All three shows are $15. New Japan also have the BOSJ final on 06.08 and DOMINION on 06.21 up for pre-order at $25, plus Kizuna Road 06.29 for $15.

Just got done with my second playthrough of Wolfenstein. This is all a fantastic set-up for a sequel should it ever happen. I pray the sales are above expectations.

Or they'll probably make another one for no reason just like this one :)

8/16 Super Jrs are gaijins.

And you think NJPW isn't heading towards Inoki booking again?

Not sure how the two are connected, the Super Jr's has often been a fairly gaijin-heavy tournament, although maybe not as much as this year. But look at New Japan's jr's division minus the gaijins. It's tiny.

JavyOO7

Match was a bit slow but Nikita Koloff vs Terry Taylor (Starrcade 87) wasn't so bad. Crowd got into it at the end. Then they exploded when Nikita hit his finisher. They were going bonkers. It was great.

Hopefully, someone will post the non iPPV matches online as well. I'm rooting for Ricochet but I think the smart money is in KUSHIDA.

Bryan's been exposed so much in the last few months. I really dislike seeing him on TV.

ONE OF US! ONE OF US!

Cena and Nikki are more interesting and you can tell Cena's emotionally dead inside.

The Cena/Nikki relationship is hilarious because she's the only one who doesn't realize Cena's only dating her because she's hotter and more easily accessible than finding a new rat every night in Sheboygan or Galveston.

tm24

So, final thoughts on CHIKARA tonight?
My only chikara show for the rest of the year will probably be KoT.

The storyline is getting to be ridiculous in a bad way. They keep recycling the same storyline with just bigger numbers DBZ-style

JavyOO7

So far, Road Warriors vs Tully/Arn is like an Ascension squash match. Crowd super into it when ever the Road Warriors do something to their opponents.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
The big plot of the next GWF season should be an invasion of TNA loyalists, wanting GWF to move to Thursday Nights after Impact, the true show worth watching each week.

Cagey

Banned
I watched the Triple H and the Batista docs on the Network today.

I watched the Batista documentary on the Network. He was a right dweeb.

EDIT: I posted without even seeing the above, what a coincidence.

I liked Batista, but now I like Batista a lot more. Dude pushed 350 in his bouncing days, what a monster. Best part was Triple H saying "so one day Batista decides he's Filipino. That was news to me." #dealwithit

Alucard

Banned
jHLhdn71pKKRH.jpg

#FollowTheBuzzards

It's so...wonderful.

Get ready for another Cena feud win!

Really though, let's try to answer this:

If Wyatt wins, where does he go next? Cena can easily become someone else's target and Cena can get back up, but booking-wwise, Cena winning makes sense for where each character goes next...Wyatt just has to say he got inside Cena's head and that he's not about winning and losing.

Razorskin

----- ------
It's so...wonderful.

Get ready for another Cena feud win!

Really though, let's try to answer this:

If Wyatt wins, where does he go next? Cena can easily become someone else's target and Cena can get back up, but booking-wwise, Cena winning makes sense for where each character goes next...Wyatt just has to say he got inside Cena's head and that he's not about winning and losing.

It's going to be terrible to see Cena win a 3 on 1 Last Man Standing match.

Wyatts can go be a comedy stable à la 3MB

Alucard

Banned
Here's how I see it in clearer terms:

Cena wins:
-Cena overcame and defeated evil despite teetering and feeling afraid at times. Hustle, loyalty, respect, brrrrrrrappledough!
-Wyatt says Cena may have won the battle, but Wyatt is still winning the war for the hearts and minds of the WWE Universe, and there's no one who can stop him.

Wyatt wins:
-Cena says he did his best and held true to his principles but couldn't get it done. Cena starts doubting himself and actually experiences character growth as we see vignettes of Cena skipping pebbles by a lake and ruminating over his life.
-Wyatt says he is stronger than ever and that he exposed John for the fraud he is.

Really, if Wyatt wins, I see this feud continuing through MitB. If Cena wins, it's over. Kind of hope Cena wins just for that alone.

Top Bottom