• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

May Wrasslin' |OT2| Where the Big Boys Play

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date
hjYc8sg.png

I am kind of shocked that there are still Indy/NJPW fans (is NJPW considered Indy?) that think that anyone would pass on a contract for WWE because "they like it where they are". Has it happened? Yeah, probably, but 99% of guys would go without even thinking.

That show has an unpleasantness about it that borders on sinister sometimes. I'm still surprised it aired on Nickelodeon when I was a kid.

Had some fucking hilarious moments though.

WE! ARE! GENERALS! YOU ARE THE ENEMY! WE WILL HAVE! OUR! REVENGE!

Imagine if D.Brine actually grew a pair and cut a promo with that much intensity. Vince would shit himself.

EDIT: I mean damn, he even mentions that he's gonna meet them in the STREETS. DM, why are you not praising this!?

Thinking of all the potential match-ups for Devitt in NXT/WWE is making me excited. His being in Japan for almost his whole career means there are so many awesome guys he's never worked with. We could potentially see in the future:

Devitt vs. Zayn
Devitt vs. Steen
Devitt vs. Bryan
Devitt vs. Cesaro
Devitt vs. Neville (although that did happen once before)

Man, NXT is about to get really exciting again with the new guys coming in.

Vylash

Can't wait for Devitt vs Mojo Rawley, or Devitt vs Camacho! Devitt vs Angelo Dawkins should be a real barn burner

gurudyne

Imagine if D.Brine actually grew a pair and cut a promo with that much intensity. Vince would shit himself.

EDIT: I mean damn, he even mentions that he's gonna meet them in the STREETS. DM, why are you not praising this!?

Funny thing is, he could totally do it. R&S was totally PG. I guess that means overt threats of breaking people's bones on the sidewalk are A-okay with the ratings people.

KANE I WILL KICK YOUR FACE UNTIL YOUR MASK BREAKS AND THEN I WILL KICK YOUR FACE UNTIL YOUR FACE BREAKS BECAUSE MY KICKS ARE THE BEST IN THE WORLD AND WHEN WE GET IN THE RING ONLY I WILL WALK OUT OF THE RING BECAUSE I AM GOING TO BREAK YOUR LEGS AND THEN DRAG YOU BACK TO HELL BY YOUR BROKEN LEGS AND YOU WILL BE SCREAMING FOR HELP FROM A GOD THAT HAS FORSAKEN YOU YES YES YES

Bloodwake

Here's how I see it in clearer terms:

Cena wins:
-Cena overcame and defeated evil despite teetering and feeling afraid at times. Hustle, loyalty, respect, brrrrrrrappledough!
-Wyatt says Cena may have won the battle, but Wyatt is still winning the war for the hearts and minds of the WWE Universe, and there's no one who can stop him.

Wyatt wins:
-Cena says he did his best and held true to his principles but couldn't get it done. Cena starts doubting himself and actually experiences character growth as we see vignettes of Cena skipping pebbles by a lake and ruminating over his life.
-Wyatt says he is stronger than ever and that he exposed John for the fraud he is.

Really, if Wyatt wins, I see this feud continuing through MitB. If Cena wins, it's over. Kind of hope Cena wins just for that alone.

Wyatt needs to win. If not, WWE will have succeeded in making their most interesting gimmick in recent memory irrelevant. I would like to see Wyatt win and somehow get the title down the road. I could see WWE playing into the whole Face of the WWE bullshit with Wyatt winning the title and then using that as his justification for further corrupting the minds of the WWE Universe.

What will actually happen: Cena wins lol. Wyatt feuds for the US and IC titles. Nobody gives a fuck about this gimmick by Wrestlemania next year. I complain.

I just realized how there is a sudden surge of European talent winning belts in WWE. Neville has the NXT title, Barrett is IC champ, Sheamus is US champ, Paige has the Divas title, and Cesaro will probably get the WWE title at some point. Europe is taking over.

Bloodwake

I just realized how there is a sudden surge of European talent winning belts in WWE. Neville has the NXT title, Barrett is IC champ, Sheamus is US champ, Paige has the Divas title, and Cesaro will probably get the WWE title at some point. Europe is taking over.

If Cesaro gets the WWE WHC I will throw a party.

Or They wanted good representation for their Euro tour. A little of both I say

I fully expect him to win MitB. No one else really makes sense.

oh god what if it's Wyatt?

If they're too scared on putting the belt on Brock by August, I can totally see him and Bryan main eventing Summerslam. Only I see zero sense in putting the belt on Wyatt this early. I just want this match to happen just to piss off bean and bionic.

Vylash

9__Elimination__AC_PIN.gif

Cena_vs_Sheamus_TLC1.jpg

John-Cena-defeated-Wade-Barrett.jpg

Gorillaz

So just heard on Total Diva's from the Queen herself that it takes most wrestlers 2 years of devolpment, to get to where she is now.

And she did it in 1 month. The goddess in 1 month proved to them what greatness really was
VWb1n.png

Bad News Barrett, Bray Wyatt, Roman Reigns (or any of the Shield for that matter) is on my short list of possible winners along with Cesaro.

I would say Reigns is the most likely.

Typically they don't give it to secondary champions, so I'd say Barrett is out. I don't think they want Reigns', or any of the Shield members, first big title win to be a cash-in, so I don't really think it'll be them. I think Wyatt and Cena will still be feuding by that point, so I'm not even sure he'll be in the match. I highly doubt it'll be Reigns though. They'll want him going over strong as possible into and during a title match, and a cash-in isn't the way to do that. A Royal Rumble win next year for Reigns? Now that I can absolutely see.

Typically they don't give it to secondary champions, so I'd say Barrett is out. I don't think they want Reigns', or any of the Shield members, first big title win to be a cash-in, so I don't really think it'll be him. I think Wyatt and Cena will still be feuding by that point, so I'm not even sure he'll be in the match. I highly doubt it'll be Reigns though. They'll want him going over strong as possible into and during a title match, and a cash-in isn't the way to do that. A Royal Rumble win next year for Reigns? Now that I can absolutely see.

Yeah, Reigns first title win will be from a big feud. They're too high on him to give him the title off of something like MITB, I agree.

Bloodwake

Yeah, Reigns first title win will be from a big feud. They're too high on him to give him the title off of something like MITB, I agree.

Just because Reigns wins the MITB doesn't mean he has to do a run in to cash the briefcase in. He could say he wants the match at a PPV and then they can build over the following weeks.

I wish they would just get rid of MITB sometimes. We have all been conditioned to think that the run in and cash in is the only way to use the briefcase. It seems like a babyface thing to do to just challenge the heel title holder and set a date.

Just because Reigns wins the MITB doesn't mean he has to do a run in to cash the briefcase in. He could say he wants the match at a PPV and then they can build over the following weeks.

I wish they would just get rid of MITB sometimes. We have all been conditioned to think that the run in and cash in is the only way to use the briefcase. It seems like a babyface thing to do to just challenge the heel title holder and set a date.

I was taking that into account in my argument. Irrelevant of how it is used, MitB is not the strongest way to win the belt. If they really want Reigns to be the next "guy" they will use the strongest way possible to get him there. Which is why I think it'll more than likely be the Rumble.

Anth0ny

when was the last time mitb meaningfully elevated someone?

ziggler had the night after mania god pop, then nothing. Does bryan's WHC count?

if barett wins mitb I can see him cashing in and jobbing to an injured cena on raw at some point later this year

Top Bottom