• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

May Wrasslin' |OT2| Where the Big Boys Play

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date
Here's the thing:

IQo1o5pl.jpg

inst. Hashimoto's son going to New Japan. he left Zero 1 if i remember

He's left Z1, but whether he ends up at New Japan is anyone's guess. He's still young though, just 22, and a few years in the NJPW dojo would do him the world of good - plus, New Japan do need more trainees. It's something Tanahashi's complained about, as they only managed to find a couple of guys from the high school/college try-outs they held in Japan last year.

Daichi hasn't wrestled since March, however, as in his last match for Z1 he got his jaw broken by Tenryu.

serenewarfare said:
WWE pushed the Monday Night War series for the Network back. It won't air on the Network until sometime in the fall.

Damn, guess they're gonna use it to tempt people into resubscribing - personally, I doubt I'll agree to another six months when they're drip feeding us content at such a slow rate.

Damn, guess they're gonna use it to tempt people into resubscribing - personally, I doubt I'll agree to another six months when they're drip feeding us content at such a slow rate.

Slow rate? We've gotten a year and half of the early Raws, a few old SDs, Countdown and WM Rewind, Legends House, the documentaries, a bunch of WCCW and ECW TV, Legends of Wrestling and all the PPVs. I don't love the Network, but they have certainly not been light on providing content.

Slow rate? We've gotten a year and half of the early Raws, a few old SDs, Countdown and WM Rewind, Legends House, the documentaries, a bunch of WCCW and ECW TV, Legends of Wrestling and all the PPVs. I don't love the Network, but they have certainly not been light on providing content.

I guess it depends on the content you're after - the best things on the network for me so far have been the Legends of Wrestling roundtables and Clash of the Champions shows. Having all the PPVs on there is great, but I'd love to be able to put them in context with the television shows that surrounded them at the time. Also, the vault additions to WCCW and old WWF house shows have seemingly dried up in recent weeks and there's little sign of footage from other territories appearing any time soon, which is a real shame for me personally.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
COUNTDOWN: Things I want to see on the network:

10: Random weird ass WCW cross promotion events that aren't up but WWE probably has the rights to.
09: Shotgun Saturday Night: The Headbanger's Show!
08: Monday Night War: Just to see how bad the WWE propaganda gets.
07: Saturday Night's Main Event.
06: Primetime.
05: Sunday Night Heat.
04: Monday Night Nitro: Yes.
03: WCW Saturday Night: Fun fun show. Especially during the Nitro years.
02: Superstars: I loved this show as a kid.
01: WCW Thunder. I avoided this even when I was a hard WCW mark. I want to suffer through it with hindsight.

Watching Clash of the Champions VII...holy shit, that 'merica. Fucking helicopter fly-bys and shit. The crowd are hyped as fuck, though.

Wow. The Dynamic Dudes. They're one of those tag teams that you struggle to believe were actually a thing that happened.

Jamie OD

Tomorrow's New Japan show has the potential to be both a great and awful show. The great stuff hopefully being Styles Vs Okada II, Tanahashi/Makabe Vs Shibata/Goto (with extra emphasis on Tana & Shibata hating each other), Ibushi Vs Ishii and Naito Vs Fale. The awful stuff being not one but two Gracie matches (even though one of them features Nakamura) and a same old same old 1st half of the card.

Jamie OD said:
Tomorrow's New Japan show has the potential to be both a great and awful show. The great stuff hopefully being Styles Vs Okada II, Tanahashi/Makabe Vs Shibata/Goto (with extra emphasis on Tana & Shibata hating each other), Ibushi Vs Ishii and Naito Vs Fale. The awful stuff being not one but two Gracie matches (even though one of them features Nakamura) and a same old same old 1st half of the card.

Mascara Dorada in the opener, though. Dude's awesome.

Also, I'm not ruling out Nakamura being able to get a good match out of his Gracie.

More rumors and speculation

-The latest word is Daniel Bryan will be appearing on next Monday night's episode of Raw and he will be relinquishing the WWE world heavyweight championship. The idea, apparently, is not to rush him back too soon, instead focusing on his long term health. Bringing him back and having him drop the belts himself gives them the ability to book a segment to gain a ton of sympathy for him on his way out so he can be really hot upon his return. It is expected he'll be right back in the main event scene when he does come back.

-If everything goes according to plan, the winner of the title could end up defending it against either Daniel Bryan or Brock Lesnar at SummerSlam. You can expect Lesnar back, by the way, just after the Battleground event.

-Rusev vs. Big E is no longer happening, for whatever reason. So what's the plan for Rusev? Your guess is just as good as anyone else's.

-The reason Ric Flair was shot down when he requested to work with Dolph Ziggler is because WWE didn't like the idea of two loose cannons working together. The Miz is the guy Flair will work with because he's a company guy and they feel like he can be counted on to do the right thing at all times, no matter how wild Flair may get.

DMczaf

-The reason Ric Flair was shot down when he requested to work with Dolph Ziggler is because WWE didn't like the idea of two loose cannons working together. The Miz is the guy Flair will work with because he's a company guy and they feel like he can be counted on to do the right thing at all times, no matter how wild Flair may get.

smh

Rusev vs Big E was planned? my god, the negatory force of the shitness in display would open a black hole in the arena to which all life would get sucked into.

Top Bottom