• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

May Wrasslin' |OT2| Where the Big Boys Play

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date
Section 113 row E, next to the Raw Pre Game set.

Some of the matches were so dead you could hear a pin drop. No crowd reaction for Cesaro. Depressing.

That sucks. I'd say at least half of my section were doing the Cesaro arm gun thing, which gave me hope. People booed the FUCK out of Adam Rose though lol.

I thought Raw was alright tonight.

Also, my wife asked what I wanted as a gift for our anniversary and I'm tempted to ask for a Replica/Commemorative WWE belt. I'm torn between these 4...

W06505.jpg

The Undisputed belt is probably my favorite one of them all and I'm leaning towards it. The bad part is there isn't the $200 Commemorative version.

W03636.jpg

But I also love me the Attitude Era belt... Same as above, no $200 version.

00677.jpg

W05574.jpg

The big gold belt is a classic and I kinda like the look of the newest belt and these DO come in the cheaper version.

Decisions decisions...
Ask her to give you the value of one of those title belts in the form of WWE stock.

strobogo

Banned
I think First Class and Days of Future Past are better than any of the original 3.

Nah brah. X2 is in the top 5 of all comic book movies. First Class is pretty bad except when Xavier/Magneto were being bros. X1 was cheap and dumb. X3 was okay, but really messy and dropped every ball X2 set up. Origins was bad, but watchable. Origins and 3 are not the total garbage terrible movie the internet claims. They're okay. The Wolverine was pretty good until it went off the rails in the last 20-30 minutes.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Is Savage/Flair the most disappointing feud of all time? I know people like to cite your Lesnar/Goldbergs and Invasion and all that, but Flair/Savage just seemed like pure money. Yet, I can't remember a single match. They tried to do it in WWF and WCW and it failed to impress me on either.

I think a big problem was that it focused on Liz too much. And in the WCW feud there was just WAY too many people involved in the angle. And I think both men were phoning it in on the mic and ring for both feuds except for Flair's Royal Rumble promo.

What's the over/under on how long before WWE pulls the plug on offering "special events" on their failing Network and runs back to the cable providers with their tail between their legs, bean breath?

Raw ratings are so low and WWE Network numbers are small enough that it's plausible for them to quietly and gradually kill the Network without causing much of a fuss. I can definitely visualize it.

Nah brah. X2 is in the top 5 of all comic book movies. First Class is pretty bad except when Xavier/Magneto were being bros. X1 was cheap and dumb. X3 was okay, but really messy and dropped every ball X2 set up. Origins was bad, but watchable. Origins and 3 are not the total garbage terrible movie the internet claims. They're okay. The Wolverine was pretty good until it went off the rails in the last 20-30 minutes.

Nah yo, Origins is definitely as bad as everyone thinks. I can't stand by while you use your Professor X mind tricks on these innocent people.

strobogo

Banned
Is Savage/Flair the most disappointing feud of all time? I know people like to cite your Lesnar/Goldbergs and Invasion and all that, but Flair/Savage just seemed like pure money. Yet, I can't remember a single match. They tried to do it in WWF and WCW and it failed to impress me on either.

I think a big problem was that it focused on Liz too much. And in the WCW feud there was just WAY too many people involved in the angle. And I think both men were phoning it in on the mic and ring for both feuds except for Flair's Royal Rumble promo.

The WCW feud was better than the WWF one. GAB 1995 has my favorite match of theirs.

Nah yo, Origins is definitely as bad as everyone thinks. I can't stand by while you use your Professor X mind tricks on these innocent people.

It's not close to good, but it is watchable.

Laserfrog

Use your access to an empty being cleaned cinema to film At The Movies with Stro. Rating system should be based on amount of alcohol consumed.

Savage/Flair was the first feud in WCW that actually increased house show attendance and drew ratings to a appreciable degree before the nWo.

Instead of watching Raw or the Pacers game, I took a third, seemingly worse option: I went to see The Amazing Spiderman 2. However, it was free and we were the only ones in the theater, so I spent the whole time making fun of it. That movie is hilariously garbage and was fun to shit on. More fun than I would have had watching Raw or the Pacers game.

That movie is SO BAD. I can't even believe how bad it was. But it definitely hit the so bad its good line. Especially since I didn't have to pay for it. But fucking MIKE wasn't doing a good job of cleaning the god damn theater. Lazy piece of shit. Looked like it hadn't been cleaned in 3 showings.

FUCK YOU MIKE. GET YOUR SHIT TOGETHER.

izEQPONDLCvU.gif
Do you pay money for anything?

I feel like the newer movies just flow better and the pacing was better. To be fair though, I haven't seen X1-3 in a long time while these movies are more fresh in my mind.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Scott Steiner suplexing the Giant is about the most I've ever marked out for Scott Steiner. Not counting the cotheslineathon.

Scott Steiner suplexing the Giant is about the most I've ever marked out for Scott Steiner. Not counting the cotheslineathon.

That time he pulled out the top rope Frankensteiner in TNA after like 10 years was the most I've ever marked out for him.

---

What has Sandow done/not done for these cheese gimmicks?

DiscoJon

Banned
Well, RAW was. Okay? I dunno. I'm feeling burned out on WWE. I missed the Chikara ppv yesterday, how was it?

Oh yeah, NEW AVATAR BABY!
TtIwxw2.png

Well, RAW was. Okay? I dunno. I'm feeling burned out on WWE. I missed the Chikara ppv yesterday, how was it?

Oh yeah, NEW AVATAR BABY!
TtIwxw2.png

I'm going to watch the From the Ashes movie first and then get the PPV on DVD, don't want Quack to come and put me into a CHIKARA Special for being a Bean Breath.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I'm watching 'prime' WCW and am completely bored then Disco saves the day

YEAH DISCO I said before thinking, 'Did I really get excited because of Disco Inferno?' Seriously, he's been the highlight so far, and I usually hate stupid dancing gimmicks but at least WCW realized that a stupid dancing gimmick should be the heel

Vylash

How is the interaction with the world? There's a feeling you can be creative with hax superpowers or it's mostly scripted?

You can hack a ton of shit like bridges and traffic lights, even trigger explosions in certain places, there's also always something for me to do, and the fact that every NPC is different really helps the world feel rich and vibrant, instead of just an empty open world

DiscoJon

Banned
I'm watching 'prime' WCW and am completely bored then Disco saves the day

YEAH DISCO I said before thinking, 'Did I really get excited because of Disco Inferno?' Seriously, he's been the highlight so far, and I usually hate stupid dancing gimmicks but at least WCW realized that a stupid dancing gimmick should be the heel

I'm still pissed WWE buried him in that Worst Gimmick Countdown a while back. Hugh Morris was talking shit about him. HUGH MORRIS. I think Dusty was shitting on him too.

Disco was fine, he had a catchy gimmick that the crowd dug and he was a decent worker.

Sblargh

Banned
You can hack a ton of shit like bridges and traffic lights, even trigger explosions in certain places, there's also always something for me to do, and the fact that every NPC is different really helps the world feel rich and vibrant, instead of just an empty open world

Cool. That's what I was hoping for. :)

I'm still pissed WWE buried him in that Worst Gimmick Countdown a while back. Hugh Morris was talking shit about him. HUGH MORRIS. I think Dusty was shitting on him too.

Disco was fine, he had a catchy gimmick that the crowd dug and he was a decent worker.

That Disco Dojo unity.

Top Bottom