• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

May Wrasslin' |OT2| Where the Big Boys Play

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date
jxwTSs.gif

gurudyne

I agree that developmental is important, but the people running NXT are idiots, and WWE is just as idiotic for being marks for their own d-league. When the company lacks the objectivity to realize that only the poorest and most illiterate yokels buy into gimmicks like "Adam Rose" and "Emma-lution" and "I Don't Get Hyped, I Stay Hyped," they hurt their brand, they hurt the potential of these young wrestlers, and they end up with the type of product that gets...well, the TV deal they got.

I'm confused here. What's your ideal WWE look like? What are the gimmicks? What's the focus of the show?

We hate NXT now?

Only the same people who hate everything WWE hate NXT. RAW's been so shitty of late that even GAF viewership's started dropping off, so the anti-WWE smarks needed something to do to draw some heat.

Bloodwake

Got back from Raw. Dead crowd was dead.

Also, the show was bad. Although I tried to get people to sing John Cena Sucks and a nine year old took a swing at me. That was the highlight of my night.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Wonder what ever happened to that Bryan Danielson guy? Small, but he had a future. Certainly wouldn't turn into some filthy vegan hippie who uses the WWE to marry a diva.

I haven't seen ASM 2 but it just seemed like something so middle of the road that it wouldn't make for a "so-bad-its-good" watch
I only ever watched the original X-Men trilogy. Are any of the movies they shat out since any good?
some of them are watchable but apparently the new one is Very Good

strobogo

Banned
WTF stro, you go watch that crap but not X-Mans?

S'rong witchu?

1. It was free. I didn't pay for it. I wouldn't pay for it. The only reason I went was so I could MST3K it.

2. I would go to X-Dudes if I didn't have to pay, but my hook up had already seen it. I will watch X-Cisists when it comes to Redbox.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
How the hell did Mongo get into the Horsemen. Most of the Horsemen roster is pretty good and even the iffy guys like Roma and Jarrett are decent.

But what the fuck, Mongo.

gurudyne

First Class and the Japan Wolverine one are unremarkable but watchable unlike the "first" Wolverine movie.

Shame, since the Japan one had promise. First two thirds of the movie grounded the mutant world in our own better than the trilogy did and had enough heart to keep you interested in the same "What's Logan living for?" BS that his character can't move beyond
then a snake woman builds a robot body for a dying multimillionaire to steal Wolverine's regeneration ability by chopping off his claws with a superheated adamantium samurai sword.

strobogo

Banned
I haven't seen ASM 2 but it just seemed like something so middle of the road that it wouldn't make for a "so-bad-its-good" watch

Oh no, it is TERRIBLE. It's like 6 little mini movies combined into one way too long movie with nothing connecting them and jumping back and forth with massive tone shifts, unbelievably hammy and bad acting, terrible dialogue, and really weird camera shifts. And 3 music videos. Straight up music videos in the middle of the movie. It's amazingly terrible. Almost every single scene in the movie has a legitimate, "wait, why is that happening?" or, "that makes no sense". That's not even exaggerating. Almost every scene in the movie makes little sense within the context of the over all movie, but often even with in the individual scene.

DiscoJon

Banned
Lana is by far the hottest woman in the 'E right now. It's not even a contest, she's in a whole different league than the rest of the divas.

Wrecker, please comment on the Lout Brother's promo and please compare with today's WWE roster and their ability to run their moufs

That was the most intense promo I've seen in years. John Cena on his most yellingest shillingest preacherest day couldn't come close. The amount of spit alone contained more animosity than the last 6 months of feuds. Lout Brothers ain't no joke. They are generals, we are the enemies.

I only ever watched the original X-Men trilogy. Are any of the movies they shat out since any good?

First Class is fine, nothing special. Avoid Wolverine Origins like the plague. Wolverine II: Japan Gettin Got is fine, nothing special.

But apparently X-Mans Days of Past Yesterdays is pretty good. I haven't seen it yet, but my comment to stro stems from a discussion from the movie's OT thread, and because everyone seems to like it, and because he refuses to see it because Godzilla made him depressed or something idk. Basically, stro sawft.

Oh no, it is TERRIBLE. It's like 6 little mini movies combined into one way too long movie with nothing connecting them and jumping back and forth with massive tone shifts, unbelievably hammy and bad acting, terrible dialogue, and really weird camera shifts. And 3 music videos. Straight up music videos in the middle of the movie. It's amazingly terrible. Almost every single scene in the movie has a legitimate, "wait, why is that happening?" or, "that makes no sense". That's not even exaggerating. Almost every scene in the movie makes little sense within the context of the over all movie, but often even with in the individual scene.
I'm more interested in this movie than ever before. I'll probably end up seeing it on DVD, good to know it's all-around garbage than boring garbage

First Class and the Japan Wolverine one are unremarkable but watchable unlike the "first" Wolverine movie.

First Class is fine, nothing special. Avoid Wolverine Origins like the plague. Wolverine II: Japan Gettin Got is fine, nothing special.

But apparently X-Mans Days of Past Yesterdays is pretty good. I haven't seen it yet, but my comment to stro stems from a discussion from the movie's OT thread, and because everyone seems to like it, and because he refuses to see it because Godzilla made him depressed or something idk. Basically, stro sawft.

Would you guys say any of them are as good as X-2? I really enjoyed that one.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Did they stick Elizabeth with Woman and Debrah just to make it more obvious how attractive Elizabeth was?

Yeah, Sunny, I'm talking shit about Woman's looks. She's three reps away from looking like Chyna.

Top Bottom