• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

May Wrasslin' |OT2| Where the Big Boys Play

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date

Hasney

Watching Raw in chunks because I can't sit through a whole show now. Hate the Usos for saving Lawler, hope they get buried.

strobogo

Banned
How has no one noticed that Richard Parker and Peter Parker both have names that are slang for a penis? I hope Peter has a kid in AMS3 and names it Donger. Then Fandonger can get an angle where he is upset that this kid has a similar name to him, leading to Spiderman making an appearance on Raw to thwip thwip at him. And Spiderman will be treated as real, much like the Muppets were.

FAVE FIVE THINGS OF AMAZING SPIDERMAN 2 THAT AREN'T REALLY PLOT SPOILING (even though there really isn't a plot and the movie is about 4 unconnected stories that are jumped to at random.

1. Everything about Jamie Foxx as Electro. It's one of the dumbest characters I've ever seen. Pre and post transformation. Pre transformation, he's basically Jerry Lewis Nutty Professor and it is SO BAD. The transformation itself is hilarious. Post transformation, he is full of one liners and takes time to play music with structures during a fight. And his suit that materializes and vanishes whenever he wants and has lovely lighting bolt patches on it.

2. This guy:
75236318.jpg
is supposed to be 18.

3. The terrible hair and wigs. The cake taker is Jamie Foxx having white dude hair and a comb over with it. Harry had a tremendous comb forward until his transformation, when he then had a head of hair that looked like it was a collection of cat hairs vacuumed out of the carpet.

4. Dick Parker using what appeared to be a modern Sony Vaio laptop and in flight wifi in what was 2004 at the latest, but more likely 2002. Peter is 18 in the movie, which takes place in either 2013 or 2014. Aunt May said his parents left when he was 6.

5. The camera work that looked like BronsonLee was falling asleep on the job. Instead of just being in a Dutch angle, there were at least 3 shots where the camera started level, then slowly tipped into a Dutch angle. Instead of making things seem like Peter's work is turning upside down or that things are in chaos, it just looked like a camera man was nodding off. There were also MULTIPLE shots in the Kafka/Electro scene where they would switch off extreme facial close ups on each guy. Each time it looks super weird and bad, like the aspect ratio was changing or something.

There could probably be another Fave Five on it.

Sblargh

Banned
Bryan had the worst segment on Raw again. He's the champion.

He really is, though; still over, still wake up the deadest of crowds, people rooting for him to keep the titles even when it clearly means that he won't be defending it. It's that you never liked him pandering, which is cool, matter of taste, I guess, but I still enjoy his segments with Steph.

Even with this bullshit month we had after wrestlemania, still feels like "Daniel Bryan's titles" and still feel like that anyone carrying them will be automatically a paper champion stealing "Daniel Bryan's titles". If that's not being the champ, I don't know what is.

Honestly, the only thing lacking in the segment was Steph not looking so victorious at the end, but even that feeling is me being a mark and cheering for the face while wishing to see the heel defeated.

Off-topic Edit: I always enjoyed Electro's comic book origin. He is a damn good eletrician, but who is lazy, a dick to his coworkers and just in general abuses the little power he has (i.e., the power of fixing electrical stuff that his coworkers can't because he got that mad skillz). One day he accidently gets superpowers and keeps being the same petty lazy asshole, but now with superpowers.

Even with this bullshit month we had after wrestlemania, still feels like "Daniel Bryan's titles" and still feel like that anyone carrying them will be automatically a paper champion stealing "Daniel Bryan's titles". If that's not being the champ, I don't know what is.

To me, this whole Daniel Bryan chase has been a way to fill a year or so 'til Reigns is ready to take over the #1A spot and stand alongside Cena.

strobogo

Banned
Jamie Foxx just needed friends, stro

I can't believe that I forgot to mention that whenever he's on screen, there are voices in the sound track that make it sound like people in the theater are talking. It's supposed to be the voices in his head, I guess. Right before their first battle, the voices get louder and louder until, in song form, they say, "Spiderman is my enemy". Pre-transformation Electro seems to be portrayed as on the Autism Spectrum and psychotic/delusional/schitzo from the start, even though he works at Oscorp in what I believe was an engineering position.

Later on in the movie, Harry goes to visit him and they both are in agreement to go kill Spiderman, despite there being zero relationship between the two, and Spiderman having not been mentioned at all. Harry might have known about Electro's issue with Spidey since it was all over the news, but Electro would have absolutely no knowledge that Harry had a vendetta against Spiderman.

A giant old timey clock next to a super, super , super high tech electrical plant that has tubs of water that have covers that aren't locked on in anyway.

A weirdly sexual scene with Peter and Aunt May.

Reigns is nowhere near ready and won't be for a long time

Goldberg drew more money in a month than Daniel Bryan ever will and he did it with three moves. As long as a guy is booked as impressive, he doesn't need to be a good wrestler. Let him squash Sandow, Ryder, Ziggler, and so on in five minute squashes on RAW weekly and he won't need to be in 20 minute main events.

Aiii

So not worth it
So, one hour into Raw, Brad Maddox got Piledrivered by THE DEMON KANE and Rusev squashed Zack Ryder.

Last Saturday in Rotterdam, I saw Brad Maddox get Piledrivered by THE DEMON KANE and saw Rusev CRUSH Zack Ryder.

I think the writers accidentally took the European House Show script to Raw this week.

Sblargh

Banned
To me, this whole Daniel Bryan chase has been a way to fill a year or so 'til Reigns is ready to take over the #1A spot and stand alongside Cena.

Which is all right, even if I think Roman won't be there yet for some time, I don't want Bryan to be the Top One Guy For The Next 10 Years, but I do want to see a good title reign where he is a legit fighting champ, which is not happening due to a string of bad luck/bad Creative.

But this "there can be only one guy at the top and everyone else is just there to feed him" kind of thing is what makes a roster full of talented people look like one giant jobber squad. I don't see why we can't have Bryan doing awesome matches, then The Shield being a dominant stable, then Roman Reigns also being dominant, so on and so on; they have 7 hours of weekly program between Raw, Smackdown, Main Event and Superstars, plus a monthly PPV, plus they can start new stuff on the Network at any time (even if it is not looking like they will do it); this notion that we have to look for the Top One Guy who can draw while ratings are clearly dropping when he is off-screen is so self-destructive.

Goldberg drew more money in a month than Daniel Bryan ever will and he did it with three moves. As long as a guy is booked as impressive, he doesn't need to be a good wrestler. Let him squash Sandow, Ryder, Ziggler, and so on in five minute squashes on RAW weekly and he won't need to be in 20 minute main events.

See? Let's build a top guy by having him bury talent and never actually have any exciting matches because lol wrestling nobody like matches. Then let's complain the 3 hour show is shitty for some mysterious reason.

This review for Watch Dogs on Amazon, hahaha.

0 of 45 people found the following review helpful
1.0 out of 5 stars Boring May 27, 2014
By Stephanie
Platform for Display:playStation 4
They game is just like GTA, just with a different story. The only fun thing to do is running around the city. But you can only do that for so long

Please like this review and i hope i helped :)

Hasney

Compressing Raw into an hour makes it tolerable. Watched RVD/Cesaro, Wyatt promo, Alicia Fox turning into R-Truth, Daniel Bryan segment and the Shield part. Loved the Bryan segment up until Brie was brought up, hope that Bryan keeps the title anyway and just says "Fuck her". Would get a giant pop even though it's the biggest heel move ever.

Which is all right, even if I think Roman won't be there yet for some time, I don't want Bryan to be the Top One Guy For The Next 10 Years, but I do want to see a good title reign where he is a legit fighting champ, which is not happening due to a string of bad luck/bad Creative.

I have no problem with Bryan being a fighting champion, then dropping the title to Brock at Summerslam.

But this "there can be only one guy at the top and everyone else is just there to feed him" kind of thing is what makes a roster full of talented people look like one giant jobber squad.

You can have a top guy without the rest of the promotion looking like a jobber squad. There is a difference. However, there does have to be a top guy elevated above others, as the past 100 years of professional wrestling has shown.

I don't see why we can't have Bryan doing awesome matches, then The Shield being a dominant stable, then Roman Reigns also being dominant, so on and so on

Um, you can have all that, but again, somebody has to be champion and the in theory, the champion should be the main guy on TV and he should win the vast majority of the time unless it's to set up a new challenger.

this notion that we have to look for the Top One Guy who can draw while ratings are clearly dropping when he is off-screen is so self-destructive.

Again, you can have a Top Guy who draws ratings along with other people who also draw ratings.

See? Let's build a top guy by having him bury talent and never actually have any exciting matches because lol wrestling nobody like matches. Then let's complain the 3 hour show is shitty for some mysterious reason.

Well, first, I'd say a three hour wrestling show is going to be inherently shitty. Anything longer than 90 minutes is asking for useless filler to be a large portion of the show.

The way you make somebody a star is by having them beat people in impressive fashion, not struggle to beat somebody whose been beaten by everybody else in 10 minute matches. I'm sorry, but Ryder, Ziggler, and Sandow are midcarders 4 life. If you want somebody non-beloved on that list, Del Rio likely is as well.

So, yes, a guy you're pushing to the top, whether it be Roman Reigns, or let's say for smarky pleasure, Prince Devitt should beat midcarders decisively and pretty easily. Because that's how wrestling has worked since the beginning. A few guys on top who beat everybody else. Another tier of guys who beat everyone below them, and so on.

You can't create stars w/ 50/50 booking where Big E; Langston wins one match on RAW, Cesaro wins the rematch on Main Event, and there's a schmozz on Smackdown. Some people are stars. Some people are midcarders. The sooner that's figured out, the better.

Aiii

So not worth it
Seriously, who are these critics that are acclaiming Legends' House? Because I need to have words with them.

MC Safety

Bryan had the worst segment on Raw again. He's the champion.

At least they kept that segment relatively short and had Stephanie to play villain. Bray Wyatt's singalong sessions are getting longer and longer and less and less coherent.

I'm not sure, but I think they had a flashback segment where Wyatt sang "He's Got the Whole World" and then went back to the live broadcast where he sang it again.

Aiii

So not worth it
Sheamus runs out after Cesaro has a match, brogue kicks him and that's "YAY SHEAMUS YAY"

Cesaro comes out after Sheamus has a match, hits the Neutralizer and that's "vicious and uncalled for."

Wait.

What?

Why?

Sblargh

Banned
But you yourself is not figuring that out, because you can only see Top Talent and Jobbers To Top Talent and Top Talent only wins and Jobber only loses. If that was the answer, booking a wrestling show would be the easiest thing in the world.

Every talent need to be protected, because there is nothing to be gained from squashing morons. And every talent is protected different. WWE doesn't even protect their own top talent, with making Bryan do long talking segments with Brie and Cena do horrible toilet humor and matches based on 5 moves of doom after being beaten down for 30 minutes. And their entire midcard is made to look like incompetent morons who are either constantly on losing streaks, or losing non-title matches while carrying the title, or exchanging victories/losses in a meaningless fashion.

And so the plan is to squash incompetent morons? For what? To do what? To be the king of jobbers? To fall into the worst part of smark territory where we don't care about how much we ourselves like the show, and instead play backsteat promoter guessing who will look better on talking shows or move merchandise? And so we don't even protect wrestling itself, because the fact that is scripted and people win based on their merchandising sells becomes a giant neon sign blinking "fake fake fake".

Booking a card where people who lose aren't buried and people who win don't look unbeatable must be really tough and the E doesn't even seem to be trying to do that, because someone convinced them that all it takes is for the top to win and the bottom to lose. And this, in turn, is decided by merchandising sales, so we hang on the Observer rankings of who sell the most towels, because that's what makes a champion.

Bullshit all around.

At least they kept that segment relatively short and had Stephanie to play villain. Bray Wyatt's singalong sessions are getting longer and longer and less and less coherent.

I'm not sure, but I think they had a flashback segment where Wyatt sang "He's Got the Whole World" and then went back to the live broadcast where he sang it again.

They did, WWE recapping is reaching a point where they are recapping the future now.

Jamie OD

Sheamus runs out after Cesaro has a match, brogue kicks him and that's "YAY SHEAMUS YAY"

Cesaro comes out after Sheamus has a match, hits the Neutralizer and that's "vicious and uncalled for."

Wait.

What?

Why?

WWE has never been good at explaining why a face doing stuff is good and a heel doing stuff is bad.

Went to bed half way through RAW for the first time in ages.

Fun to see they had 2 divas matches on the same night for the first time in god knows how long. If that isnt a sign of a shit show with no direction I dont know what is.

Oh and Batista turning into a Maison Ryan with a bald spot is cool. They really need to look at those family trees and make sure they dont have the same grandad or something

Sblargh

Banned

Fun to see they had 2 divas matches on the same night for the first time in god knows how long. If that isnt a sign of a shit show with no direction I dont know what is.

Oh and Batista turning into a Maison Ryan with a bald spot is cool. They really need to look at those family trees and make sure they dont have the same grandad or something

http://www.hairlossfromsteroids.com/Hair-Loss-From-Steroids.html

Browny

Banned
The look on Dallas's face when he beat Cara...

"I did it!"

I lol'd.

Also, Brie needs to come out and tell Bryan that it's ok for her to be fired - as she's pregnant. Then the Russo swerve - it's HHH's!

The feud carries on for a couple of months, Steph gets annoyed, and so on. Then Brie can come out and say "I'm not really pregnant, I just love cake". Heel turn complete.

Sblargh

Banned
Beard bet with myself number... 3 I think. If Bryan keeps the title through Payback, regardless of what that mean for Brie, I'll shave my beard.

Aiii

So not worth it
I wouldn't at all be surprised if Brie is taking time off soon, she's 30 and got married, so I suppose kids are in the near future for her and Bryan. Might be they're using this as an excuse to write her off of TV by having her "sacrifice" her career for the good of Bryan's title run.

Sblargh

Banned
I wouldn't at all be surprised if Brie is taking time off soon, she's 30 and got married, so I suppose kids are in the near future for her and Bryan. Might be they're using this as an excuse to write her off of TV by having her "sacrifice" her career for the good of Bryan's title run.

I can see that.

We can only hope...though I get the feeling Brie and Nikki are a package deal

I don't think so much so anymore. Nikki was at ringside helping Eva Marie out for no reason and Brie has been alone on this Bryan thing pretty much all the time (which just makes sense).
Brie being fired could give Nikki some depht to her character. Now she can be the shallow talentless materialistic girlfriend of John Cena whose sister got fired by the authority. Also she likes Eva Marie, because someone has to.

lupinko

I'm still pissed WWE buried him in that Worst Gimmick Countdown a while back. Hugh Morris was talking shit about him. HUGH MORRIS. I think Dusty was shitting on him too.

Disco was fine, he had a catchy gimmick that the crowd dug and he was a decent worker.

Hey Bill Demott is no laughing matter.

alstein

That's why WCW had Cruiserweights and the TV title division.

Old-school WWF had your Valentines and Martels for that role.

Current WWF has a number of folks who could fill that role- Cesaro will likely end up this gen's Valentine.

Did the same despite being at work. I'd rather even watch the Braves replay than last night's Raw, that's how painful it was.

Cagey

Banned
This page is evidence why terms like bury and jobber, among a bunch of others, should only be used in a joking manner by wrestling fans.

EVOLVE announced a couple of dates in Florida on August 8th and 9th, but also confirmed there will be no DGUSA shows this summer.

It's getting kinda ridiculous now - they should just stop with DGUSA and concentrate on EVOLVE, then do one big Dragon Gate USA tour every year similar to the Dragon Gate UK events. There's not much point having the Japanese guys over as anything more than a yearly attraction when you can't involve them in any storylines, as it's seemingly impossible to guarantee they'll be available for the next set of shows.

Man, Landmark is fun as fuck.

What's this? The new Everquest thing?

Top Bottom