• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

May Wrasslin' |OT2| Where the Big Boys Play

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
We need details, like the last one... blow-by-blow, with names changed to protect the innocent.

I actually can't,. this is gonna get legal and fast. Gotta stay quiet.

Having feelings of revenge and rage torward women and acting on them are two very different things. While it's crucial to identify aspects of rape culture in actions that aren't actual rape, well, those actions aren't actual rape, so it's important to identify that, too.

Tragedies like this always feel like sorta of swiss cheese with the holes aligned kind of thing, as society does have a lot of safety nets against someone going into a murderous rampage over these feelings: from education teaching you that those feelings are wrong, going through religion teaching you that something better is on the afterlife, to something going on right on people's life that he is not willing to sacrifice that because of what is going wrong, etc etc.; anything that prevents you from doing this is a a safety net, and to somehow slip through the cracks of all of them takes a conjunction of factors. And people will go on like "if only he had better parenting"; "if only he wasn't sick in the head"; "if only he had religion"; "if only he wasn't taught that feminism is bullshit", etc etc.; but I think the fact is that all of those are potentially right and none of them are ultimately the answer. Something should have held it back, again, society has a lot of things in place to hold you back, all of them failed.

And I think Sunny is right, not enough shame on this people, shaming people for believing they are entitled to other people's body/feelings is one of those safety net. Having an internet community that tells you it's all right to hate on other people removes one of those safety nets.

I mean, don't get me wrong - I think the internet pulled some people out of what was perceived shameful behavior (trans people, gay, everything really) but it also made a haven for pedos, uguu~ people that pretend the 1300 year old demon that appears to be 8 is sexy, shit like that. That made people think "Oh well fuck what people say, they're WRONG and this is pure" - which is totally not ok. There's a lot of dark places on the internet (like Pamperchu as well) that are better left isolated in a village instead of with other like-minded people.

Bleh. Whoever wins, we lose.

Hasney

Someone's getting the boot at work today.

ncefK.gif

Sblargh

Banned
I mean, don't get me wrong - I think the internet pulled some people out of what was perceived shameful behavior (trans people, gay, everything really) but it also made a haven for pedos, uguu~ people that pretend the 1300 year old demon that appears to be 8 is sexy, shit like that. That made people think "Oh well fuck what people say, they're WRONG and this is pure" - which is totally not ok. There's a lot of dark places on the internet (like Pamperchu as well) that are better left isolated in a village instead of with other like-minded people.

Bleh. Whoever wins, we lose.

Yeah, but this is the self-fulfilled prophecy aspect of the slippery slope kind of thinking. Pedo groups seek legitimacy by comparing themselves to homossexuals and homophobic groups agree with them as to say "see, if we allow gay people, then we also allow pedos"; which is mind-numbling stupid and irresponsible.

They distort a message of "this behavior that is considered wrong actually is not harmful at all and shouldn't be shamed" into "all behavior...etc.".; only it's something can backfire in so many ways. We shouldn't be blindly accept claims of what is right and what is wrong, but yeah, given that we are thinking people, we should arrive at the conclusion that so and so should be ashamed. It won't mean the future won't look at us as being unfair, but we have to drop the bullshit that we either believe in so-called traditional values, otherwise we open the floodgates to just accept everything.

Yeah, but this is the self-fulfilled prophecy aspect of the slippery slope kind of thinking. Pedo groups seek legitimacy by comparing themselves to homossexuals and homophobic groups agree with them as to say "see, if we allow gay people, then we also allow pedos"; which is mind-numbling stupid and irresponsible.

They distort a message of "this behavior that is considered wrong actually is not harmful at all and shouldn't be shamed" into "all behavior...etc.".; only it's something can backfire in so many ways. We shouldn't be blindly accept claims of what is right and what is wrong, but yeah, given that we are thinking people, we should arrive at the conclusion that so and so should be ashamed. It won't mean the future won't look at us as being unfair, but we have to drop the bullshit that we either believe in so-called traditional values, otherwise we open the floodgates to just accept everything.
Why can't people just not be cunts? That shouldn't be too hard, right?

Cagey

Banned
Well, I'm not clicking on that at work.

I clicked on my phone to avoid getting the big boot. It's just a screenshot of text from a forum.

But the text is burn the internet down and then burn the ashes and then scatter the remains in the ocean territory.

Carnby

This is a scary stat for WWE. They will lose more money in 2014 than any other wrestling company in history, in a calendar year, besides WCW in 2000. WWE is expecting to lose between $45 million and $52 million in 2014. WCW lost $62 million in 2000.
WWE previously expected that they would lose $23 million to $26 million in the first 6 months of this year, but then with the Network and the new TV deal kicking in during October, they expected to break even in quarter three and then make substantial profits in quarter four, ending the year at close to breaking even.

It's a big story and a major loss for WWE, but they aren't going out of business. There's been a lot of speculation and rumors among fans online lately.

Read more at http://www.wrestlinginc.com/wi/news...-wwe-is-losing-this-year/#Ko10pjBkdksoyBrD.99

Interesting...

Sblargh

Banned
Why can't people just not be cunts? That shouldn't be too hard, right?

It kind of should, as the line between right and wrong isn't self evident in a lot of cases and directly conflicts (as it should) with many aspects of our nature. There's no civilization without repression and some things are just hard to repress to some people.

Living in society is a tricky thing, even when it doesn't end in a rampage, it often leads to a lot of everyday bad behavior; I'm sure everyone here is an asshole to people who don't deserve it at some point or another. I mean, just look at how Sunny is unfair to D-Bry even though he is an excellent human being and a great role model of what our sport should be. But if he represses those feelings, who knows what this will do to his psyche.

Everyday ethics is hard stuff.; when do you hold yourself back, when do you act in ways other people say it's wrong, when do you stick to your values, when do you seek to change based on what society tells you to? There's no clear answers to these a lot of times.

Sblargh

Banned
Considering they launched te network . This was always going to be a loss year. Network expansion will help things

It's clearly worse than they expected, tho maybe that's mostly the fault of their expectations rather than their busisness model. They found the backdoor out of the PPV model as they should, they launched a top quality streaming service, which screams "this is the future" and it will probably justify itself more and more in the coming years; but they shouldn't have hyped it as a short term investment.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Souled Out 97 was a dope-ass show, I liked the different feel. DiBiase on commentary!

Sblargh

Banned
Network can't be judged success or failure until next WM when it will be available everywhere

Not launching it in Canada was a mistake I think

Going by how good the service is, I already consider it a success, if it all it cost was wall street money and 1/3 of Vince's fortune, then I say everyone who matters wins.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
They stole that from 1994 royal rumble!

nWo were always renegades. They do what they want, when they want!

I read in Bischoff's book the original plan for nWo to become its own brand, and I would have liked seeing how that played out. Oversaturation was in full effect in 97, though. It was starting to hit a wall.

RP912

Banned
Souled Out 97 was a dope-ass show, I liked the different feel. DiBiase on commentary!

No doubt. I don't understand the hatred for it. Probably one of my favorite wcw...well nwo ppvs of all time. The whole griminess of it and the announcer getting all praises to the nwo wrestlers, while shitting on the wcw wrestlers.

I was hoping that nexus would have taken over wwe completely for it's own ppv theme.

That would have been awesome.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
legitshook.com may be adopting a sister site, swoleeats.com - Fit-GAF food recommendations.

No doubt. I don't understand the hatred for it. Probably one of my favorite wcw...well nwo ppvs of all time. The whole griminess of it and the announcer getting all praises to the nwo wrestlers, while shitting on the wcw wrestlers.

I was hoping that nexus would have taken over wwe completely for it's own ppv theme.

That would have been awesome.

I was also a big fan of concrete and chain link fences. That show DELIVERED. My favorite color is gray, too. Weird, I know.

Nexus flirted with that for the Bragging Rights poster that year but never had any impact:
IB6UJGM.jpg

My subscription ends in August. I'm thinking of renewing by then, especially with Nitro being around the corner.
They're making it really hard for me to renew. As much as I'd love to watch some of the classic episodes, I'd rather wait a year or two before resubscribing. They'll have more content then too.

RP912

Banned
They're making it really hard for me to renew. As much as I'd love to watch some of the classic episodes, I'd rather wait a year or two before resubscribing. They'll have more content then too.

True.

Hopefully the network will exist by that time since there's not enough subscribers. Most likely there will be a price increase unfortunately :(.

True.

Hopefully the network will exist by that time since there's not enough subscribers. Most likely there will be a price increase unfortunately :(.
A price increase wouldn't be surprising, but that wouldn't save them in the long run. The reason many aren't subscribing is the fact that they're not getting people interesting in purchasing a subscription. Hell! They're already making people such as myself regretting the purchase. It's one of the reasons why they lost a ton of money in the Stock Market.

strobogo

Banned
Hey Stro isn't ASM2 great?

So awesome, like a comic book come alive

It really was like a comic book come alive. I'll give it that. I hate to say it, but I enjoyed ASM2 more than Godzilla, even though ASM2 was terrible and Godzilla was okay. I got more enjoyment making fun of ASM2 than I did out of being mostly bored during Godzilla.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
You guys still watch the super hero movies? I checked out after Iron Man 2. Too much all at once. And Blade is still the GOAT, so they messed up there.

Top Bottom