• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

May Wrasslin' |OT2| Where the Big Boys Play

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date

G-Fex

It really was like a comic book come alive. I'll give it that. I hate to say it, but I enjoyed ASM2 more than Godzilla, even though ASM2 was terrible and Godzilla was okay. I got more enjoyment making fun of ASM2 than I did out of being mostly bored during Godzilla.

Godzilla was boring eh? Were the characters just dull and their very lives you didn't care for?

She loves her job. It's refreshing to see someone on screen, particularly from the non-wrestlers, who appears to actually like what they do for a living.

michael-cole.jpg

Cagey

Banned
She loves her job. It's refreshing to see someone on screen, particularly from the non-wrestlers, who appears to actually like what they do for a living.

It's definitely an upgrade over the Random Guy Who Wants to be on ESPN, that's for sure, though it's odd that she gets these googly heart eyes after so many interviews. Certainly one way of visually demonstrating interest in the job.

strobogo

Banned
It's definitely an upgrade over the Random Guy Who Wants to be on ESPN, that's for sure, though it's odd that she gets these googly heart eyes after so many interviews. Certainly one way of visually demonstrating interest in the job.

Titty Master keeps her a happy woman.

Her soul will be crushed eventually. Give it time.

Just wait until they have her announce a RAW or Smackdown taping and see how she is with a cranky Vince screaming curses into her headset for 3 hours.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
At the risk of sounding 'gnistic, why does Renee look like a 7th grader with a huge crush who draws pictures of her in the arms of All The Wrestlers in her Trapper Keeper after she interviews every wrestler. Get it together honey.
She's marking out bro.

Aiii

So not worth it
Alicia is an entirely different kind of crazy, so I don't really see a problem with Alicia's gimmick. It's fun and different, though it remains to be seen for how long. Depends entirely on how they evolve it from her doing cray stuff at ringside.

Marked out hard for the wedgie, that was the spot of the night.

If we're getting on people for showing enthusiasm now I'm totally out, ya'll are on the yayo

They landed a goldmine with Renee because she legitimately enjoys what she's doing, it's what she wants to do, and she meshes very well with everyone with her interviews in terms of setting them up for phrases and segments

Renee is the best backstage interviewer since Mean Gene. It's not even really close either.

Pretty much. You remember Mean Gene because he was just in everything. You remember Renee because her role in interviews is a lot more than just setup -> throw to promo. She provides reactions when necessary, a straight man to bounce a joke off of when it's a comedy gimmick, etc, etc, etc.

UberTag

They need to make R-Truth crazy again and pair them up. Maybe then they could take out Rusevs oppression.
I wonder what Xavier Woods feels like knowing that wrestling fans across the globe preferred invisible Little Jimmy as R-Truth's partner in crime over him.

strobogo

Banned
Alicia doesn't even have a crazy gimmick. She isn't being crazy, she's just acting out her frustrations.

Boy is it awkward when WCW had women stuffing dollar bills in Johnny B. Badd's garters and then one show they focus on a little girl who couldn't be more than 6 waiting to put some money in his garter. Luckily it didn't happen, but the idea that the camera stayed on this little girl waiving her dollar while wearing a boa and wanting Johnny to come over was fucking weird.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Alicia doesn't even have a crazy gimmick. She isn't being crazy, she's just acting out her frustrations.

Boy is it awkward when WCW had women stuffing dollar bills in Johnny B. Badd's garters and then one show they focus on a little girl who couldn't be more than 6 waiting to put some money in his garter. Luckily it didn't happen, but the idea that the camera stayed on this little girl waiving her dollar while wearing a boa and wanting Johnny to come over was fucking weird.

nooooooooooooo :(

UberTag

No one would have guessed at any time in wrestling history that the most entertaining and talented people on the roster right now are women. Not joking at all.
Stephanie, AJ, Alicia, Renee, Lana's legs... just give them ALL the airtime.
(Maybe Paige and Emma too if they let them actually wrestle and not look like ass.)

Notice how I did not name either Bella.

Tuesday news bits from the Observer:
-- Supposedly, last night was Batista's last Raw for the time being. But you know how those things go.

NAH NAH NAH, NAH NAH NAH, HEY HEY HEY GOOD BYE

-- Besides being advertised for upcoming house shows, the belief is that Daniel Bryan will be wrestling Kane at TLC, likely in a Buried Alive match.

I assume Bryan means Money in the Bank. One of my favorite things right now is Dave and Bryan not remembering the PPV names. Dave called it "King of the Ring" on the LAW this week.

Top Bottom