• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

May Wrasslin' |OT2| Where the Big Boys Play

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
You guys still watch the super hero movies? I checked out after Iron Man 2. Too much all at once. And Blade is still the GOAT, so they messed up there.

Punisher War Zone was the last one I gave a shit about it. Blade was dope.

We should have a Blade 3 viewing party, since Triple H is prominently in it. Or maybe Stro should review/gif it.

New Page = The best Frank Castle besides Lundgren
L1EtCzJ.jpg

Hell let's bring Lundgren on
mIztPoY.jpg

RP912

Banned
A price increase wouldn't be surprising, but that wouldn't save them in the long run. The reason many aren't subscribing is the fact that they're not getting people interesting in purchasing a subscription. Hell! They're already making people such as myself regretting the purchase. It's one of the reasons why they lost a ton of money in the Stock Market.

Honestly, if the wwe would have put out the network around the time they advertised it in 2011...it would have worked. Instead they postponed it to the point where people forgot about it, just to have a lukewarm conference out of nowhere trying to put out the network within a month and a half.

Another factor with the network is the older shows being better than the current product. I find myself watching wcw and ecw ppvs/shows over the actual up to date content. Legend's house has got to be the worst friggin show I have ever seen. It's just a bunch of old wrestling personalities doing off the wall shit just for the "omgz what have I gotten myself into?" reactions. Even piper wants nothing to do with the show by his facial expressions.

I clicked on my phone to avoid getting the big boot. It's just a screenshot of text from a forum.

But the text is burn the internet down and then burn the ashes and then scatter the remains in the ocean territory.

Made it through 3 posts and noped the fuck out.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Sometimes I wish Wesley got more roles but then he was in three of my favorite movies of all time(Blade II, Demolition Man, and New Jack City) so I guess things worked out ok regardless.

joelseph

The reason many aren't subscribing is the fact that they're not getting people interesting in purchasing a subscription. .

It's worse than that for me, it drove me to find better subscriptions to spend my money on. The catalog on WWEN is pretty anemic once you get over the initial hype of the older PPV offerings. I want a one stop shop for current television offerings. Therefore I now enjoy Hulu+ more than I do WWEN. Smackdown, Main Event and NXT next day is much better value than all the old PPV in my opinion.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Sometimes I wish Wesley got more roles but then he was in three of my favorite movies of all time(Blade II, Demolition Man, and New Jack City) so I guess things worked out ok regardless.

He's great in most of what he got. Passenger 57, Money Train, To Wong Foo, White Men Can't Jump, Demo Man, New Jack City. All worth it.

Punisher War Zone was the last one I gave a shit about it. Blade was dope.

We should have a Blade 3 viewing party, since Triple H is prominently in it. Or maybe Stro should review/gif it.

New Page = The best Frank Castle besides Lundgren
L1EtCzJ.jpg

Hell let's bring Lundgren on
mIztPoY.jpg
Ray Stevenson Punisher was cool, Thomas Jane Punisher was Fantastic Four levels of lame.

Best Punisher movie is Denzel playing Frank Castle in Man on Fire.

Check out Days of Future Past. An amazing film!

0.jpg

Wesley Snipes entry on Wikipedia said:
On April 24, 2008, Snipes was sentenced to three years in prison for willful failure to file federal income tax returns...Snipes was released on April 2, 2013

That explains the timing for Snipes's appearance in The Expendables III.

But there's a trove of Wesley Snipes direct-to-video movies that he made before serving time you can watch: 7 Seconds, The Marksman, Chaos, The Detonator, Hard Luck, The Contractor, The Art of War II: Betrayal, Game of Death, and Gallowwalkers.

Adam Rose is lame. Change him into that mean guy that he was channeling when he beat up Swagger, that was way more interesting.

And Thomas Jane's Punisher was good.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Adam Rose is lame. Change him into that mean guy that he was channeling when he beat up Swagger, that was way more interesting.

And Thomas Jane's Punisher was good.

I got a pal who is convinced the eventual kidnapping of the Bunny is going to reawaken LEO KRUGER for his hunt.

Honestly, if the wwe would have put out the network around the time they advertised it in 2011...it would have worked. Instead they postponed it to the point where people forgot about it, just to have a lukewarm conference out of nowhere trying to put out the network within a month and a half.

Another factor with the network is the older shows being better than the current product. I find myself watching wcw and ecw ppvs/shows over the actual up to date content. Legend's house has got to be the worst friggin show I have ever seen. It's just a bunch of old wrestling personalities doing off the wall shit just for the "omgz what have I gotten myself into?" reactions. Even piper wants nothing to do with the show by his facial expressions.

They really should have done it Big Brother style.

I got a pal who is convinced the eventual kidnapping of the Bunny is going to reawaken LEO KRUGER for his hunt.

I remember one episode of NXT where Cesaro feuded with Kruger a bit and had Cesaro in a high angle shot yelling KRUGER!!! as it zoomed out and thought that name alone was gonna be over like crazy. Tis a shame really.

Just as I expected, Watch Dogs 2 will probably be amazing.

Gorillaz

Looking for redbox in my area to get Watch Doges. Haven't even stepped foot in that thread but I can guess how bad the fuckery is.
That explains the timing for Snipes's appearance in The Expendables III.

Snipes was actually suppose to be in the Expendables back from the start, but the whole tax case fucked it up.

Speaking of his movies I always felt Art of War was underrated. Or maybe it was just me, it could be

I'm probably one of three people discounting Snipes' family members that liked U.S. Marshals more than the first Fugitive.
it wasn't bad, it was hard to follow up after Ford from the Fugitive but honestly the sequel was pretty good. Also I forgot RDJ was in it as well

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Speaking of his movies I always felt Art of War was underrated. Or maybe it was just me, it could be

Art of War was great because it wouldn't play in PS2s initially. I was still feeling like the Dreamcast had another couple good years left, so I lorded that little factoid over everyone I knew and watched my Dreamcast die.

Still the best goddamn system ever.

Another Snipes movie I liked a lot was the Fan, I always thought that was an underrated one. In my crazy mind I always thought Snipes was playing Bonds and Primo/Del Toro was Jeff Kent, lol.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
ah The Fan. It had good box art, but I never watched it.

Looking for redbox in my area to get Watch Doges. Haven't even stepped foot in that thread but I can guess how bad the fuckery is.

Snipes was actually suppose to be in the Expendables back from the start, but the whole tax case fucked it up.

it wasn't bad, it was hard to follow up after Ford from the Fugitive but honestly the sequel was pretty good. Also I forgot RDJ was in it as well

This was an excellent movie. Excellent.

I think That and Rising Sun are very under appreciated.

RP912

Banned
So I'm watching starrcade 86 and it amazes me how almost every match ends up with a blade job. Dudes are losing more blood than a Tommy Dreamer/Raven match.

Carnby

How legit shook will you be when Sony calls Yukes to the stage at E3 to premier the first in game footage of 2k15, with exclusive DLC for the Sony PS4?

Sephzilla

Lungren or Stevenson's Punishers over Jane's?

Jesus Christ, before you know it you people will be acting like Corporate Kane was the best Kane.

Cagey

Banned
The feels that movie me made me feel. It made me think of my parents at a really low point in their lives, and I just totally broke down after.

Cagey

Banned
At the risk of sounding 'gnistic, why does Renee look like a 7th grader with a huge crush who draws pictures of her in the arms of All The Wrestlers in her Trapper Keeper after she interviews every wrestler. Get it together honey.

jred2k

Watch dogs has to be written by Vince Russo. There is no way it could come from anyone else's mind.

It has always looked like they wanted to tackle a large societal issue, but had absolutely nothing new or interesting to say about it. That whole reveal was completely hamfisted.

strobogo

Banned
At the risk of sounding 'gnistic, why does Renee look like a 7th grader with a huge crush who draws pictures of her in the arms of All The Wrestlers in her Trapper Keeper after she interviews every wrestler. Get it together honey.

She loves her job. It's refreshing to see someone on screen, particularly from the non-wrestlers, who appears to actually like what they do for a living.

Top Bottom