• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

May Wrasslin' |OT2| Where the Big Boys Play

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date

Cagey

Banned
Batista has been relegated to Big Dude in Evolution (again). How in the hell has he been a problem, in any way, for WWE programming recently?

Batista has been relegated to Big Dude in Evolution (again). How in the hell has he been a problem, in any way, for WWE programming recently?
He's been great since they listened to the fans and reacted appropriately.

The funniest part about Batista being the Big Dude in Evolution is he's very obviously the smallest member now, but they keep talking about him like he's the Reigns of the group.

You fat shit, you'll never look like your Muscle Mentor.

Did Tanahashi ever sit around for weeks because he's lazy or fat? No, he's a goddamn champion.

Be that champion, fat boy. Get your ass up and to the gym and get your diet right, you fat.

Tanahashi says:
"Don't be a lemon or a rosebud. Get your diet right, fat boy, and become a once in 1,000 grams of protein champion!"

Q6Zpn5z.jpg

i7wdE6vJq5LCx.gif

I'M READY. WOOOOOOOSH!

Cagey

Banned
He's been great since they listened to the fans and reacted appropriately.

The funniest part about Batista being the Big Dude in Evolution is he's very obviously the smallest member now, but they keep talking about him like he's the Reigns of the group.

I agree, I've liked Batista as a character since they logically flipped. He adds to my experience watching, so him leaving isn't good for the product. I wouldn't say he's the smallest guy though -- he's slimmed down from his King Shit days but he's still a big dude. Bigger than Orton and more impressive than Triple H given the bodyfat %.

Sephzilla

I think HHH looks more impressive than Batista honestly. Batista looks awkward right now, HHH doesn't. I wan't to say HHH also looks more natural, but that might be a stretch.

Cagey

Banned
Sometimes I wish I could summon Brock like in an rpg. Have him come in like Knights of the Round and shit.

I said the same thing to a buddy during the Young Bucks match at the ROH/NJPW show.

The one time Heyman got on his knees and actually summoned Lesnar like he was fucking Odin was the best thing ever.

DiscoJon

Banned
I'll never understand the fascination you guys have with Bork. He's the prick in High School that would get into fights with the popular kids but still wouldn't hesitate to shove your ass into a locker no matter how much you sucked up to him.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Did Jericho ever come back so out of shape that they had to redo WrestleMania plans because of it?

It's not really a "return" but Warrior in WCW is what I immediately think of when I think about 2014 Batista - a complete disaster, although for completely different reasons.

They didn't redo Mania due to Batista's in-ring shape, it was due to assuming Bryan needed the title, and that's definitely played out differently than anyone had hoped.

Cagey

Banned
I'll never understand the fascination you guys have with Bork. He's the prick in High School that would get into fights with the popular kids but still wouldn't hesitate to shove your ass into a locker no matter how much you sucked up to him.

With the (inevitable) neutering of Mark Henry, Brock Lesnar is the only guy in the WWE who creates a sense of danger and inspires that ever-desired OHHHH SHIT reaction when his music hits. As JR would say, business picks up to an unmatched level when Brock arrives.

Plus he might kill someone, and that's exciting..

And that's how he's booked. It's a perfect character right now.

With the (inevitable) neutering of Mark Henry, Brock Lesnar is the only guy in the WWE who creates a sense of danger and inspires that ever-desired OHHHH SHIT reaction when his music hits. As JR would say, business picks up to an unmatched level when Brock arrives.
Pretty much. He raises hype just by existing.

Sephzilla

They didn't redo Mania due to Batista's in-ring shape, it was due to assuming Bryan needed the title, and that's definitely played out differently than anyone had hoped.

I honestly don't believe that for a second. If Batista could go more than five minutes without gassing himself when he came back Bryan would have been jobbing to Shaemus at WM30, chants be damned.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
One of the big reasons Bork appeals so much is that he hasn't been oversaturating shows. He's still SPECIAL, goddammit, and that's important.

Gorillaz

One of the big reasons Bork appeals so much is that he hasn't been oversaturating shows. He's still SPECIAL, goddammit, and that's important.

Pretty much. He reminds me of that sea monster thing from Pirates 2, who is only called up to do some search and destroy type shit and crush people.

Cagey

Banned
Here's an example. Let's take a random heel doing random heel shit and heeling it up. Damien Sandow, for instance. Sandow is out there shitting on the crowd, on Daniel Bryan and John Cena and all the other faces, just being a smug jerk.

If some wrestler's music hit to interrupt him talking because that wrestler decided he wanted to be on TV at that moment instead of the dope in the ring talking, who would make you laugh the hardest because you knew Sandow was one million percent guaranted to get hospitalized?

Brock Lesnar. And to me, that's very entertaining.

The last time a non-Lesnar dude pulled that off at Lesnar levels I recall was twofold: Mark Henry interrupting Cena at Raw after WM29, and then the Shield interrupting Undertaker. Crowd went "OOOOOOOOH", not simply cheers or boos, but the reaction that signaled that shit bout to go down.

strobogo

Banned
My god, the new Freebirds song/entrance/video from Clash XVII is so much worse than Badstreet USA. It's the most hokey, generic Southern buttrock, but with Hayes and Garvin singing it.

Sometimes I wish I could summon Brock like in an rpg. Have him come in like Knights of the Round and shit.

He announces himself like this. It would be fantastic.

Plus he might kill someone, and that's exciting..

Brock really is the only one with credibility these days. Backstage bullshit like Sheamus getting rocked by Yoshi Tatsu and Sin Cara eliminates Sheamus, and Henry's been neutered by time. Harper and Rowan could have been this, but they've been neutered by Cena.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Here's an example. Let's take a random heel doing random heel shit and heeling it up. Damien Sandow, for instance. Sandow is out there shitting on the crowd, on Daniel Bryan and John Cena and all the other faces, just being a smug jerk.

If some wrestler's music hit to interrupt him talking because that wrestler decided he wanted to be on TV at that moment instead of the dope in the ring talking, who would make you laugh the hardest because you knew Sandow was one million percent guaranted to get hospitalized?

The last time a non-Lesnar dude pulled that off at Lesnar levels I recall was twofold: Mark Henry interrupting Cena at Raw after WM29, and then the Shield interrupting Undertaker. Crowd went "OOOOOOOOH", not simply cheers or boos, but the reaction that signaled that shit bout to go down.

Sounds like how they booked The Cat vs Scott Norton. And I loved every second of it.

Sephzilla

Agreed with everything here. Brock is one of the only heels left who gets that reaction. Honestly, I think he'd get even bigger reactions like this if he didn't lose to Cena.

Sephzilla

I cannot for the life of me find any reason to defend that finish, no matter how hard you try.

Really.

If he went over Cena and then just vanished to do his sporadic appearances like he does now, he'd probably be a god-tier GOAT heel who would be the final boss of WWE. Plus, it would have instantly made him look so much stronger for Taker.

Vylash

When did Brock/Cena happen, how was the match, and how was the finish booked?

It was Brock's first match back in like 2011 or 2012, the match itself was pretty good mainly because it was just Brock beating the shit out of Cena for the whole match, the finish was lol Cena wins with an AA on the steps

Bowser

The finish of that match was horrendous, made even worse by Cena randomly grabbing a mic afterwards to proclaim he was taking some time off...only to show up the next night (and every week after) on Raw -___-

jmdajr

The finish of that match was horrendous, made even worse by Cena randomly grabbing a mic afterwards to proclaim he was taking some time off...only to show up the next night (and every week after) on Raw -___-

WITH A BIG GRIN ON HIS FACE TOO!

Sblargh

Banned
Agreed with everything here. Brock is one of the only heels left who gets that reaction. Honestly, I think he'd get even bigger reactions like this if he didn't lose to Cena.

That goes for so many people on the roster.

A part-timer monster who is a legit MMA champion shouldn't lose, to no one, ever, he should be booked more like Andre The Giant, he is an attraction, he doesn't come for titles, he is above it, he comes so people can say "ooohhh", then he demolishes people, say "I'm better than all of you and all of your heroes" and leave to nuclear heat and letting people wait for the next time someone will get a shot at him. But given how Vince has booked Andre since Wrestlemania 3, it's no wonder he thinks feeding his best attraction to his worst ever top face is a smart move.

Andre vs Hogan at WM 3 was a genius move. Barely moving Andre as a heel being defeated by anyone shows how Vince doesn't understand why the smart things he does are smart.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I cannot believe Polygon ran that fucking headline.

Top Bottom