• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

May Wrasslin' |OT2| Where the Big Boys Play

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date
I cannot believe Polygon ran that fucking headline.

Legit spooked.

Q8BGBbN.gif

Alucard

Banned
I'll have to watch that one day. Only been watching WWE regularly again since about the middle of 2012. Must have just missed the Cena/Brock feud.

strobogo

Banned
I'll have to watch that one day. Only been watching WWE regularly again since about the middle of 2012. Must have just missed the Cena/Brock feud.

It was right before that.

I'm dealing with Comcast customer support because they added a charge for Ecobilling being removed, even though we've never had Ecobilling. And this $6 charge added $12 to the bill.

Sblargh

Banned
I did not know spook was a bad word, it must be an awful word if americans don't even use it on pop culture so I can learn it.

Aiii

So not worth it
Posted in: WWE
WWE SmackDown Viewership Up, WWE NXT Star Comments on Being Used for Music Video
By Marc Middleton
May 27, 2014 - 4:23:40 PM

- WWE's website has an article about NXT star Tyler Breeze being used in the infamous "#Selfie" music video by The Chainsmokers. Most of the selfies featured in the video were grabbed off social media. Breeze tweeted:

"Hey wannabreeze's a band called @TheChainsmokers is trying to ride my gorgeous coat tails.. please let them know who made #SELFIE relevant"

The Chainsmokers replied:

"Uh @Mmmgorgeous thinks he's the #SelfieKing. Looks like we'll need a #SELFIEMatch at @WWENXT to settle this. #TeamDrew #TeamAlex #TeamBreeze"

No clue what this is about since I cut the cord last year and stopped listening to the radio years ago. But Breeze working that mainstream media like a champ. Vince is gonna love that.

somedevil

The finish of that match was horrendous, made even worse by Cena randomly grabbing a mic afterwards to proclaim he was taking some time off...only to show up the next night (and every week after) on Raw -___-

It was weird. It seemed he was going to leave to try to fix things with his ex wife but instead of doing that he decided to divorce her. Then showed up back at Raw.

strobogo

Banned
I did not know spook was a bad word, it must be an awful word if americans don't even use it on pop culture so I can learn it.

Spook is an old timey racist word for black people. It hasn't been used in decades except by old racists. Most people under 30 have no idea of the past connotations.

Makes Fex saying 2spooky4me make a lot more sense, doesn't it?

No clue what this is about since I cut the cord last year and stopped listening to the radio years ago. But Breeze working that mainstream media like a champ. Vince is gonna love that.

I thought that shitty song died already. Leave to WWE to try to make it hip again

G-Fex

Spook is an old timey racist word for black people. It hasn't been used in decades except by old racists. Most people under 30 have no idea of the past connotations.

Stro is 4Racist8Me

kiguel182

Brock Lesnar as this monster who comes out at times and destroys everyone sounds so cool.

But Cena needed a win after The Rock so fuck that.

Sblargh

Banned
I'm more shook at Wolfenstein showing the horror of concentratio camps firsthand than at the spook thing, but, again, I did not even knew it was not a good word.

KissVibes

Banned
That polygon headline isn't a big deal. Potentially offensive? I guess but certainly isn't intentional. Especially as it calls back to a William Gibson novel about similar subject matter (spook is a popular term within the intelligence community)

I suppose if you base all definitions for words off urban dictionary, it is.

Sorry if already posted

ECTVtvS.jpg

Zoomed-in contract from last night

World Wrestling Entertainment is a creative genius. The whole creation of the universe was fashioned by his ever-toiling hands. All living mortals should praise his name and image.

Sblargh

Banned
I love Big E, and the answer is still Big E.

I want to like him, but I don't remember a single memorable match or a single memorable segment outside the unintentional humor of him watching TV. I still have hope he will either come out of his shell / the entire creative department of WWE will be fired at once and he can show us that twitter personality.

I want to like him, but I don't remember a single memorable match or a single memorable segment outside the unintentional humor of him watching TV. I still have hope he will either come out of his shell / the entire creative department of WWE will be fired at once and he can show us that twitter personality.

You know, I get the whole "watching the match in the back" thing. But why are they always standing? ESPECIALLY IN THE LOCKER ROOM. I'd be kickin' back in a chair or something.

strobogo

Banned
You know, I get the whole "watching the match in the back" thing. But why are they always standing? ESPECIALLY IN THE LOCKER ROOM. I'd be kickin' back in a chair or something.

That's more of a recent thing. When they did shots like that in the mid-late 90s, guys were almost always chilling out in a chair while watching. I have no idea why they make a point to have people standing staring at TVs now.

Sblargh

Banned

I don't even get that. Unless you have been banned from ringside for story reasons, why are you not near the ring watching it live?

That's more of a recent thing. When they did shots like that in the mid-late 90s, guys were almost always chilling out in a chair while watching. I have no idea why they make a point to have people standing staring at TVs now.

Makes no sense. I'd be playing board games, getting a back rub, smoking a jazz cigarette, channel surfing...just anything besides standing there looking like a doofus.

Hasney

"We now go back to XPac watching this European Title Match and... He's shooting up some heroin." "Why not, he has the night off after all McMahon."

Jamie OD

I decided to get the full version of The Ashes of Chikara. It's not good but it wasn't horrible. Well, Icarus and Quack acting is horrible but I enjoyed seeing a few loose ends tied up. I wouldn't recommend it unless you like Chikara's storylines. Not quite "A for effort" but I guess it's nice it exists.

I first heard it when I saw Back to the Future many a year ago and my mother accidentally called a black girl it who was dressed up as a ghost or something undead or whatever during in a walk though a haunted forest one year when I was a kid. I laughed after she realized it...

I thought spook referred to undercover officers or something. Never heard it used in a racist way.

Narc? Never heard spook used in that manner.

I don't even get that. Unless you have been banned from ringside for story reasons, why are you not near the ring watching it live?
The funny thing is I remember Big E coming out at least a couple of times to watch a match, but he stood next to the commentators.

One of those times was made funnier when AJ came out later to do the same thing, but she was seated and had a headset so she could talk.

strobogo

Banned
I've heard spook in reference to cops/agents trailing dudes more than in reference to black people, for sure. It really hasn't been used as a racial term since the 60s or maybe even earlier. Sneaky government guys kind of usurped it in the 70s.

Konnor needs to tone up some. He looks doughy more than powerful. He doesn't have to be cut up. He can be a big strong guy with a body type like Bork. But he has love handles and his gut hangs over his tights and his tits jiggle too much.

Top Bottom