• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

May Wrasslin' |OT2| Where the Big Boys Play

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date

Jamie OD

I Didn't know WWE Magazine did spoilers..
This might be photoshopped but still funny if true.

It's possible that was written earlier in the year when the plan was to split up The Shield.

But spoilers like this have happened before. The magazine spoiled Jericho's return during the save.us angle because the issue with him on the cover went out to subscribers a week or two before the reveal.

charsace

Does anyone think Sandow is in some sort of long term storyline and that eventually in this storyline he will reach a bursting point?

The guy is talented and I'm having a hard time believing that the WWE doesn't see it. It couldn't be that someone in the back hates him and is burying him this bad? Right?

joelseph

Does anyone think Sandow is in some sort of long term storyline and that eventually in this storyline he will reach a bursting point?

The guy is talented and I'm having a hard time believing that the WWE doesn't see it. It couldn't be that someone in the back hates him and is burying him this bad? Right?

There are a whole bunch of guys that deserve more air time, I don't think they have it out for any one of them personally.

Hasney

I dare WrassleGAF to say positive things about Wrasslin.

do it motherfuckers

Not watching much of it the past couple of weeks has given me more free time.

:thumbsup

Yeah, kind of like MVPs losing streak.

Wait...

Awesome match posted to SHIMMER's youtube. See what Sara Del Rey was up to before she was preparing Divas for 3-minute TV matches and teaching them roll-ups;

Ayako Hamada & Ayumi Kurihara (c) vs Sara Del Rey & Madison Eagles - (SHIMMER 2011/10/02)

Seriously, great match, the undercard has improved dramatically in the past year or so and, while there have been some missteps (Morishima's crappy heel stable and KENTA leaving) there's also been a lot to like. I've also been really enjoying Zack Sabre Jr. & Yoshinari Ogawa's GHC Jr. Tag Title run and Sugiura's new team with Masato Tanaka (Dangan Yankees!!). NOAH's definitely in a much better place at present, but they also really need some new blood in the heavyweight division.

Yeah I haven't followed much of NOAH besides random matches here and there. That dailymotion channel had a number of recent events so I will start trying to watch now.

RP912

Banned
It kind of bothers me that raw is 3 hours, yet uses the same wrestlers over and over again. It would be nice to have 1 hour dedicated to the low card, the second hour dedicated to the midcarders, and the last hour to the main eventers. It would be glorious but then again I like "wrasslin" so...

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I dare WrassleGAF to say positive things about Wrasslin.

do it motherfuckers

A90XcDv.gif

Penguin

Watching these old Raws on the stream

When did Sunday nights become the norm for PPVs?

SummerSlam was on Mondays. Survivor Series on Thurs.

Some WrestleManias were in the afternoon

I would like to point out something:

In the process of WrassleGAF's continued attempts to belittle me, my glorious height, and my fantastic camera skills, all of you have broken the code of Be A Star.

As such, I am taking your stars away.

And then running you over in a H1 Hummer because OVERCOMPENSATIONNNNN

I say loads of positive things about wrestling. Seeing wrestling live, is a really fun audience participation type of thing. There's a dynamic between the performers and the crowd that's hard to really explain to people, but it's definitely there. People who imagine it as some fully rehearsed planned out thing are missing how much of it is improv based completely on what the crowd are reacting to.

You don't get that with real sports much at all, if ever.

The larger than life characters in a world where everything can be resolved by fighting, sanctioned or otherwise, makes for great television. Kayfabe is this fun other universe slightly one step removed from reality where there are no assault charges, Miss Piggy is a real living breathing thing, and where you can get rewarded for jumping the CEO.

It's way more multicultural than most American TV even if it veers into horrible stereotypes at times... but where else can you see a diverse group of good guys? Heroes are hugely important to kids, and the WWE provides a weird and diverse batch of guys and gals for kids to get behind.

Black superheroes are still rare here in 2014. Wrestling has been doing a better job pushing minority stars than Hollywood for over two decades.

And the women's division right now is like the most amazing advert ever for mixing races.

strobogo

Banned
I would like to point out something:

In the process of WrassleGAF's continued attempts to belittle me, my glorious height, and my fantastic camera skills, all of you have broken the code of Be A Star.

As such, I am taking your stars away.

And then running you over in a H1 Hummer because OVERCOMPENSATIONNNNN

Well damn, no one even said you had a tiny dick. Didn't have to let that cat out of the bag, my man.

how legit shook will you be when bryan gives up the title on sunday

"My wife is more important to me than this title. She means more to me than some title ever will. So, Stephanie, here you go."

how legit shook will you be when bryan gives up the title on sunday

"My wife is more important to me than this title. She means more to me than some title ever will. So, Stephanie, here you go."

I'm very interested to see how they play it. Brie could 'quit' to save Bryan from the dilemma and that could lead to some fun twin storyline shenanigans where Brie and Bella switch around to screw with Stephanie. It'd give Bella something to do too which would be nice.

Hey gang, does WWE pay Twitter to have their hashtags trend?

No. They just put them on their broadcast AND they tell people to use them. Any show with the viewing figures RAW gets that did that would get things to trend. Community got things to trend with much lower viewing figures. Hannibal too, I believe.

joelseph

I'm very interested to see how they play it. Brie could 'quit' to save Bryan from the dilemma and that could lead to some fun twin storyline shenanigans where Brie and Bella switch around to screw with Stephanie. It'd give Bella something to do too which would be nice.

But the boob job.

Gorillaz

happy bday peeps

may the red goddess make your day better

idk how much longer I can keep going with the Allredeverything

G-Fex

Why is the birthday message so close to his private area?

This is a kid's birthday card.
You don't question these things like when Rick Rude does it.

He didn't have a pen or paper yo.

Besides kids are down with word life today. It's basic thuganomics DM.

Honestly, could see it going something like this:

"Stephanie, I know you want me to give up the title because I can't defend it. I understand that. I want an active champion as much as anybody. So, as an inactive champion, I don't see a problem with giving up the title, especially if it means my wife can continue her career.

BUT

Before I came out here, I was informed by the WWE medical staff that I have been cleared to compete as of RIGHT. NOW."

Wouldn't shock me a bit.

DMczaf

You don't question these things like when Rick Rude does it.

He didn't have a pen or paper yo.

Besides kids are down with word life today. It's basic thuganomics DM.

Kids have NO idea about word life. WWE has trained these kids into thinking Cena has always been a super hero marine.

If that Basic Thuganomics theme hit today, it would be dead silent like an Adam Rose, Emma or Bo segment.

Sblargh

Banned
Happy birthday, Sunny, thanks for being so welcoming to newcomers like me. I hope you lose just enough money so you can learn to appreciate the simple things in life, but never so much that you start considering yourself poor. You are the economic elite we deserve.

Edit: Steph is the ultimate heel of the PG era because when she antagonizes male wrestlers, they can't use the good old physical violence as a means to demonstrate moral superiority. Without Triple H's face to be on the receiving end of a flying knee, I don't know how they will settle this without Brie learning how to do wrestling move.

Top Bottom