• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

May Wrasslin' |OT2| Where the Big Boys Play

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date
I should have listened to those in this community that warned me of being a Bryan fan. I was wrong to doubt you, just like I was wrong to doubt Triple H.

Payback preview

QzPkLjO.gif

gurudyne

Especially after fuckery like this (JC posted it lol)
http://giant.gfycat.com/RawWetFlatcoatretriever.gif/IMG]
yea, game 6 might be interesting[/QUOTE]

I have a slow connection so this gif loaded at 2 frames per second and it just made the whole thing better. Blowing on the ear, the Welp face, sidelong glance to the camera, roll credits. Better storytelling than RAW.

[quote="Dragonzord, post: 113849947"]I just want SWAT 5.[/QUOTE]

Amen.

Soooo, I was watching a LoW show on the network and they played the WCW clip of Scott Hall introducing Kevin Nash.

I just realized that Nash fucked up his line. It was along the lines of "They tell me this is where the big boys play. Look at the adjective. Play. We're not here to play." Uhhh, Kevin, that's the verb, not the adjective.

I can never watch that the same way again and ruined the title of this OT.

Soooo, I was watching a LoW show on the network and they played the WCW clip of Scott Hall introducing Kevin Nash.

I just realized that Nash fucked up his line. It was along the lines of "They tell me this is where the big boys play. Look at the adjective. Play. We're not here to play." Uhhh, Kevin, that's the verb, not the adjective.

I can never watch that the same way again and ruined the title of this OT.

what? I can't tell if you are serious or not.

What's the worst, the MK cartoon, the Street Fighter cartoon, or the Darkstalkers cartoon

I remember watching the Mortal Kombat cartoon when I was 8 thinking it was going to be just like the game and be all bloody and violent with cool animated fatalities.

I was horribly disappointed.

What's the worst, the MK cartoon, the Street Fighter cartoon, or the Darkstalkers cartoon

Street Fighter's is the greatest only because it has Bison YES'ng before Diego Sanchez or Daniel Bryan even considered to beat up dudes for a living. This Mortal Kombat kartoon was fuckin shitshow with Baraka's flying spaceships shooting shit and it's all horrible.

Don't feel too bad.

I recently learned that #YesMovement is a play on words meaning both the grassroots movement to get Daniel Bryan over as well as the gesture of moving both of your arms above your head repeatedly while chanting "yes".

Also that the "Vanilla" in Vanilla Midget referred to their bland, wishy-washy personas and not their skin color.

Also, that 'dancing in the dark', the lyric and title from the Bruce Springsteen song, means sex.

PInk Tape

Banned
I'd say Darkstalkers because of how they pushed the whole kid/mentor thing when there was nothing like that in the game.
Also it only lasted 13 episodes, bastardized most of the characters, and that it's awful.
Not the "It's so bad it's good" awful, but the honest to God "please don't watch this for your own sanity" awful. Plus I'd reckon that most people forgot that actually existed, like I did.

I'd also recommend Zelda but I can actually watch that and laugh.

I'd say Darkstalkers because of how they pushed the whole kid/mentor thing when there was nothing like that in the game.
Also it only lasted 13 episodes, bastardized most of the characters, and that it's awful.
Not the "It's so bad it's good" awful, but the honest to God "please don't watch this for your own sanity" awful. Plus I'd reckon that most people forgot that actually existed, like I did.

I'd also recommend Zelda but I can actually watch that and laugh.
I think I only saw the intro episode, Demitri looked like a total dipshit in that cartoon.

Crap, now I'm remembering all sorts of shitty cartoons like Wildcats and GI Joe Extreme.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Disco Inferno's theme has been stuck in my head for the past three days, and the only way I can get it out is with a bullet.

PInk Tape

Banned
Those contacts are pretty cool. Too bad I'm chicken to wear any :/

I think I only saw the intro episode, Demitri looked like a total dipshit in that cartoon.

Crap, now I'm remembering all sorts of shitty cartoons like Wildcats and GI Joe Extreme.
I only watched them because I was curious to see what it actually was and.. yeah. I should of done homework or surfed meme sites instead.
Disco Inferno's theme has been stuck in my head for the past three days, and the only way I can get it out is with a bullet.
Fight fire with an inferno -ahem- either listen to your favorite song(s)/a more annoying one or distract yourself with reading, something challenging like a puzzle, or exercise.

Also:
doink_zps1aae638d.png

I'm sure someone could find a use for it. Especially here.

Awesome youtube channel is awesome;

http://www.youtube.com/user/BestPuroresuVideos

Lots of full AJW shows, with some JWP, LLPW, NJPW, AJPW and Toryumon shows here and there.

BRAINBUSTER DANGEROUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUS

What a catchphrase. I guess this counts as a catchphrase of Gabe's as well, as he used to say it multiple times per show;

"This is great action here folks, but we've got to take a minute to pay the bills..."

The worst commentator catchphrase has to be the combined double act of whichever morons commentated on XPW - whenever something crazy/stupid/reckless happened, one of them would scream "AAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!!" in a super high-pitched voice, followed by the other screaming "SOMEBODY CALL 9-1-1!!".

The worst commentator catchphrase has to be the combined double act of whichever morons commentated on XPW - whenever something crazy/stupid/reckless happened, one of them would scream "AAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!!" in a super high-pitched voice, followed by the other screaming "SOMEBODY CALL 9-1-1!!".

Yes x All the numbers. Yes, I'm getting flashbacks now. Damn you.

There's a very good reason it's 999, but none of you Colonials will be interested as I know you care not for Science. Now if you'll excuse me, I must depart in my Steamship, tally-ho.

There's a very good reason it's 999, but none of you Colonials will be interested as I know you care not for Science. Now if you'll excuse me, I must depart in my Steamship, tally-ho.

Is it because it's easier for someone that's incapacitated to dial the same number three times? I bet you didn't think about this though, what if they're looking at their phone upside down and accidentally dial 666? Bit more confusing than 911, innit?

Is it because it's easier for someone that's incapacitated to dial the same number three times? I bet you didn't think about this though, what if they're looking at their phone upside down and accidentally dial 666? Bit more confusing than 911, innit?

Either way they'll be able to get through to someone who'll be able to offer them life saving treatment, but at what cost... you were close though, there maybe hope for you little Colony yet. Now, if you'll excuse me I must depart it's time for a jolly good show at the Grand Emporium Bizarre.

Big block of news from the new Observer:

The Money in the Bank show will at this point have one multi-person ladder match for a title shot at any point in one year. While the name Cesaro is the front-runner and has been talked about, we also could confirm that no decision has been made yet on who wins. Given that he’s earmarked for a big singles push, and as of a few weeks ago was slotted as the no. 3 babyface behind Cena and Bryan for later in the year, it’s doubtful he’d be Sandow’d if he wins.

While we don’t know exactly how the angle plays out, we do know that advertising is out for Bryan to wrestle on the 6/24 Smackdown tapings in Pittsburgh (dark match eight man tag, Bryan & The Shield vs. Randy Orton & The Wyatt Family) and on the biggest U.S. house show of the summer on 7/12 in Madison Square Garden, where Bryan vs. HHH in a street fight for the title started being advertised as the main event several days after Bryan’s surgery.

The situation with Willie Mack, and most likely Kevin Steen, is that they are in the background check phase which does mean they are planning on offering both a contract. They do the background check first, then if there are no issues, then schedule them for medicals, and if they pass their testing, then they would be offered a deal.

I don’t know if this will go anywhere, but the plan right now is to make T.J. Wilson into a masked wrestler. He’s already had the mask designed by a Lucha Libre mask guy. The feeling is he’s a talented wrestler but they’ve marginalized Tyson Kidd for so long that there’s nothing they can do with him past the prelim level.

There has been at least preliminary talk of involving the Four Horsewomen in something at SummerSlam, since it’s 8/17 in Los Angeles. Ronda Rousey has said that she’s interested in doing WrestleMania but the timing didn’t work out this year.

On the WWE Network, they are now releasing new episodes of Raw and Smackdown on a 30-day delay, which likely has to do with the contract with NBCU.

As things are currently planned if all goes right, KENTA, Prince Devitt and Kevin Steen will all be coming to Orlando in August. In all three cases, there could be hangups between Visas, medicals, or other issues, but it is the going plan.

On the Rey Mysterio front, his contract was to have expired a few weeks ago. He got word that Vince McMahon had renewed it for one year, even though there was no option period of that type in the contract. WWE contracts are allowed to be frozen in the event of injury. The WWE went with the idea that due to his missing so much time during the contract period due to injuries, that Mysterio owed them time and he was renewed through May of 2015 on that basis.

Christian was scheduled to return as part of the NXT Takeover pre-show panel on 5/29. No word yet on his status as far as being able to wrestle again after suffering two serious concussions over the last year. There are those in the company who want to hire him as a producer/agent when his contract as a wrestler expires. As noted before, the talk within the company is that his active career was expected to be phasing down this year even before the second concussion.

Christopher Daniels has signed a contract with ROH and will be in full-time starting with the 6/22 show.

We’ve had a lot of questions about this, but the 6/22 PPV show will be available on inDemand in the U.S., Dish and DirecTV, which covers all the PPV in the U.S., as well as Rogers Communications (the Canadian cable powerhouse) and Bell Canada satellite.

Adam Cole and Michael Elgin both tried out for Gedo & Jado when they were in. Cole got accepted and should be going over soon. Elgin didn’t, and it was said to be a pretty big blow to him.

There is nothing right now on the books for New Japan coming back, but ROH wants to get someone in for Final Battle. The guy they want is Kazuchika Okada, since aside from Jushin Liger, Okada was the one who got over the best.

There was an issue with Kevin Steen as far as being unhappy about losing to Shinsuke Nakamura. Steen wasn’t happy after losing to Cole in Toronto that he came back to lose to Nakamura, but that was how the negotiations went with New Japan and ROH and the decision was made based on Steen’s contract expiring. New Japan had a strict no jobs proviso for Okada, Hiroshi Tanahashi and Nakamura. One person said that they think Steen doesn’t follow New Japan closely and didn’t realize who the biggest stars were and Nakamura’s standing, but even so, he was the most over of the ROH talent and he was working the next PPV and house shows and there are no dates for Nakamura currently on the books. At the end, we’re told everything worked out. As far as how big a deal this was, we’ve heard people say it was a big thing the night of the show, and others have downplayed it, saying it was an issue the week of the show but no longer the day of the show. Steen did bring up losing twice in a row in his interview after the match where he all but said he was leaving the promotion and noted losing to Cole and Nakamura made his decision easier.

Tickets for the first set of TNA New York tapings were not moving well at all. All the front row is gone for all three nights, but tons of ringside seats are left and they only have 800 seats to fill and aren’t close and New York is traditionally a fast out of the block market.

Gorillaz

When I see multiperson ladder I just assumed for some reason they were going to use a 4 sided ladder and call it a day lol

Rhonda has been interested in WWE for awhile tho, I think she use to talk to Philly Brook about possibly doing a 1 time thing with them since she's a big fan of him

Top Bottom