• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

May Wrasslin' |OT2| Where the Big Boys Play

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date
Either way they'll be able to get through to someone who'll be able to offer them life saving treatment, but at what cost... you were close though, there maybe hope for you little Colony yet. Now, if you'll excuse me I must depart it's time for a jolly good show at the Grand Emporium Bizarre.

Do you know if Harrods is having a midnight launch event for WWE 2K15?

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Steen's fat ass should be thankful to even be in the ring with an actual fucking star. Fuck him.

Stone Cold Alicia Fox. This is incredible. So now Paige is 95-96 Bret Hart that Alicia will come out and constantly cause DQs for and hit her with chairs. Then we'll have 'Anti-Diva? What is that crap?' and tell Emma 'I don't dance, son.'

Also:

Regarding Trevor Mann’s (Ricochet) tryout several months back, apparently he was super in the ring but didn’t get signed. Exactly why he wasn’t signed is weird but one person familiar with the process said it was all psychological. Not that he didn’t have psychology, but he was a victim of timing and circumstances. Usually when guys come in, even with indie reps, it’s no big deal unless it was the KENTA deal, but WWE understood that. But with Mann, when he came in, there were a lot of younger wrestlers there who reacted to him like he was a big deal, but to the company, he’s just a guy whose never done anything who they don’t know who is getting a tryout for a developmental deal. Since management didn’t know who he was, that was already a strike until Jamie Noble outright told people that this guy was something special. In the end, that didn’t help, as even though he got high marks from the judges, the decision was that they already have too many guys of that size in developmental right now, and they’ve got more than their quota of high flyers.

strobogo

Banned
you know Stro. If I wasn't a nice guy I'd probably lose my temper and give you a stern talking to

iDo3waNqmXPl0.gif

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
After much research and sitting through some awful raws for one man, I've come to a conclusion that I've always kind of known. Stone Cold from 1996 to 1997 is the greatest character of all time. He's so enthralling every time he's in front of a camera. He makes up for all the bullshit you had to watch on Raw because he's so fucking unpredictable. Pillman was crazy in a more abstract but Austin was just a gasoline can always standing right near a torch. Focused chaos. He's not even my favorite of all time, but he's close. But I just can't deny his feuds, his character, his promos, his in-ring movements, his character existing in the time it did was also very important. But unlike Hogan or Rock, I give Austin a lot of the credit here and only give McMahon credit for recognizing him and giving him the spotlight he needed. But everything was perfect.

And I think the only real 'fault' of it is that he can't be my favorite wrestler because of the later years. And yet it's an unfair statement because he basically started with perfection and couldn't go anywhere but down(though I did enjoy heel Austin but nowhere near this ones levels) and he couldnt just do this gimmick again because it was a different time and it was a different era. And he was cool. But unlike Diesel or Razor, you could tell he wasn't trying to be cool. There was never any pandering to the 'against the grain' fans who cheered him. Even his stunner was more brutal and less comical and gimmicky during this time.

if they put a mask on Tyson, they should team him up with Ricardo again. That way Kalisto can get his singles push while two guys who aren't as good can have something to do

Hasney

if they put a mask on Tyson, they should team him up with Ricardo again. That way Kalisto can get his singles push while two guys who aren't as good can have something to do

Instead, a lucha stable with Sin Cara to take down the man who's been overshadowing them: Rey Mysterio. He then loses his retirement match against Kalisto at WM31.

Holy shit watching the WWE 25 Greatest Rivalries video on the Network and seeing the foreheads on Bruiser Brody and Abdullah the Butcher...

3c308720645c222c499124f8edd57fc6476df41dd81b342b66cda0953c4e8d04.jpg

Mick Foley said it pretty good. If they were playing poker, they could hide their chips in the grooves in their foreheads from the blading.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I think Meng and Barbarian could have been a pretty cool team if they actually did something with them. Great look.

The fucking worst, shittiest thing about WCW commentary is whenever Goldberg is in the fucking ring. Tony and Tenay will NOT stop giving fellatio to Goldberg on commentary. Any time they praise the opponent, one or the other will go YEAH BUT HES NOT GOLDBERG. Heenan and Larry were the only ones that didn't get the memo of 'dont put anyone over but Goldberg. Everyone should b e asking at all times 'where's goldberg.''

Promo video for PROGRESS Chapter 13 that'll be airing on Sky Sports here in the UK;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f5c0yRj_DD0

Holy shit watching the WWE 25 Greatest Rivalries video on the Network and seeing the foreheads on Bruiser Brody and Abdullah the Butcher...

Mick Foley said it pretty good. If they were playing poker, they could hide their chips in the grooves in their foreheads from the blading.

It's hard to beat Kintaro Kanemura when it comes to fucked up foreheads;

U1XZSY3.jpg

Alucard

Banned
WWE business fails:

-XFL
-Tout

What else?

Edit: found some others:

-World Bodybuilding Federation
-WWE Niagara Falls
-WWF New York/The World (dance club?)

MC Safety

WWE business fails:

-XFL
-Tout

What else?

Edit: found some others:

-World Bodybuilding Federation
-WWE Niagara Falls
-WWF New York/The World (dance club?)

WWF New York was a themed restaurant in Times Square. I went there once. It was pretty unremarkable, and I think I still have a souvenir glass.

Edit: Apparently it was a nightclub, too. I wholly missed that part.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
so-so

also ICOPRO, Linda McMahon senate runs

The Austin podcast with Bischoff is fantastic. I wish Bischoff would do a Timeline for KC.

Alucard

Banned
Found out that Goldberg now has a podcast too. Too many guys trying to leech off a good thing.

Colt
Austin
Jericho
Ross
Piper
Goldberg

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Wait, so Vince has lost $750 million in two months? What is his total net worth?

That's an insane amount of money.

Sblargh

Banned
It's an investment.

I don't know if you're being facetious, but I really think so. PPV busisness model seems insane to me, you have a 3 hour free weekly show and then you rely people to spend 50 bucks on an extra 3 hour monthly show that can be more easily pirated online than softwares. And still you have to give other companies a cut.

Unless the Network completely fold, which I doubt, they have created a stable busisness model, it may not grow so much as they want or expect, but they just adapted themselves to the internet; more than a lot of other entertainment companies can say.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
No, it really is an investment. High costs lately. Performance Center, Network costs, digitizing the old libraries. It's a labor of love that will hopefully someday pay off. I bet it will, but there are hard times ahead.

Sblargh

Banned
Result of their shitty tv deal?

From the little I understand, Vince treated investors as wrestling fans and cut promos saying they would invest a lot of money on the network, piss off PPV carriers, canibalize their own PPV money and still come out of this with profit by next year or so.

Than reality creashed down and stocks crashed down with it. The company is still profitable, however WWE made money since the 80s, is still making them money, but the market is adjusting to how much money that is.

If I am to give Vince too much credit and do a conspiracy theory at the same time, here is what I think he did (which might be ilegal, but hey, it's Vince): he lied to investors to get money to start the Network, then he started the Network, and now fuck you investors, I am free from my previous busisness model. If shares completely tank, he can just buy his own company back and keep on trucking.

RP912

Banned
The rate wwe going with financial stresses, they might as well go back to the good ole days and have shows in the tri-state and occasionally some other states. It will save money and preserve wrestlers at that route until things die down with all of these issues.

Vylash

Or just make Bo Dallas the champ,such an inspirational figure as the face of the company will trigger a massive stock and ratings surge

Sblargh

Banned
Doesn't their house shows print money, tho? I remember reading somewhere that it is a significant source of their income.

I don't think anything relating to their usual busisness, i.e., staging live fake fights, makes them lose money.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Who has had the most bad storylines? Kurt Angle? Kane? Big Show?

Spider from Mars

tap that thorax
Wrestling is still a thing?
WWE is copying TNA again by making shitty shows and losing money.
Wrestling shirts are staying in the dresser until wrestling is watchable again.

Alucard

Banned
Sure. Just like Adam Rose. Bo's gimmick has NO range. You can not do anything with heel who doesnt know he's heel after the initial run.

You'd probably make a tumblr campaign for Jesse Ventura making fun of Sapphire.

Adam Rose's gimmick is one-note. I think Bo's could have a lot of range. Could see him turning more vicious as he realizes people aren't buying his message. Imagine him saying his lines through gritted teeth to downed opponents and yelling at them. "All you had to do was Bolieve! But you didn't, and now where are you?!" I see that as taking him away from a comedy act to a serious character. And he could transition into a face beyond that. There's like a two or three year arc that could be done with Bo.

Alucard

Banned
Wrestling is still a thing?
WWE is copying TNA again by making shitty shows and losing money.
Wrestling shirts are staying in the dresser until wrestling is watchable again.

If only The Menagerie would go back to being as awesome as they were in their debut. :( Their second appearance was a little too chaotic and lacked purpose.

Sure. Just like Adam Rose. Bo's gimmick has NO range. You can not do anything with heel who doesnt know he's heel after the initial run.

You'd probably make a tumblr campaign for Jesse Ventura making fun of Sapphire.

Someone wasn't watching NXT when Bo occupied.

Basically, you start with a guy who thinks he's inspiring fans that isn't. Eventually it ends up at a guy like Gob Bluth who still tries to maintain the front that he's a fan favorite but deep down inside knows it to be a lie.

And that's a really awesome character imho.

Seeing Bo break down crying when no one occupied NXT yelling 'I GAVE YOU COOKIES' was amazing.

Top Bottom