• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

May Wrasslin' |OT2| Where the Big Boys Play

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date

Vylash

Someone wasn't watching NXT when Bo occupied.

Basically, you start with a guy who thinks he's inspiring fans that isn't. Eventually it ends up at a guy like Gob Bluth who still tries to maintain the front that he's a fan favorite but deep down inside knows it to be a lie.

And that's a really awesome character imho.

Seeing Bo break down crying when no one occupied NXT yelling 'I GAVE YOU COOKIES' was amazing.

"I just want you to know that I greatly dislike each and everyone of you, I don't usually use language like this, but you guys really stink"

Alucard

Banned
Someone wasn't watching NXT when Bo occupied.

Basically, you start with a guy who thinks he's inspiring fans that isn't. Eventually it ends up at a guy like Gob Bluth who still tries to maintain the front that he's a fan favorite but deep down inside knows it to be a lie.

And that's a really awesome character imho.

Seeing Bo break down crying when no one occupied NXT yelling 'I GAVE YOU COOKIES' was amazing.

That sounds great. And from there he could devolve into a classic heel.

Spider from Mars

tap that thorax
If only The Menagerie would go back to being as awesome as they were in their debut. :( Their second appearance was a little too chaotic and lacked purpose.

TNA tried to make the worst wrestling show of the week last week. They almost succeeded, but WWE trumped them ultimately. How anyone can sit and watch Raw and Smackdown live is beyond me. I can watch Raw in 40 minutes and miss nothing. How you put on a 3 hour show where you can skip all but 3 segments and miss absolutely nothing of importance is astounding.

Also, Del Rio and She Mouse have had like 15 singles matches on television. No more

Alucard

Banned
TNA tried to make the worst wrestling show of the week last week. They almost succeeded, but WWE trumped them ultimately. How anyone can sit and watch Raw and Smackdown live is beyond me. I can watch Raw in 40 minutes and miss nothing. How you put on a 3 hour show where you can skip all but 3 segments and miss absolutely nothing of importance is astounding.

Also, Del Rio and She Mouse have had like 15 singles matches on television. No more

Impact was abysmal last Thursday outside of a few bright spots. (Lashley's spears, EC3, and EY and MVP's promos) Let's hope for better today.

Will catch up on Raw later on, but I find it hard to believe it was worse than last Thursday's Impact.

Vylash

Impact was abysmal last Thursday outside of a few bright spots. (Lashley's spears, EC3, and EY and MVP's promos) Let's hope for better today.

Will catch up on Raw later on, but I find it hard to believe it was worse than last Thursday's Impact.

Raw was complete garbage except for the last hour

But you know what won't be garbage?

nxt-takeover-620x361.jpg

WWE NXT Title Match:
Adrian Neville vs. Tyson Kidd

NXT Women’s Title Match:
Charlotte w/Ric Flair vs. Natalya w/Bret Hart

WWE NXT Tag Team Title Match:
The Ascension vs. Kalisto and El Local

#1 Contender’s Match:
Tyler Breeze vs. Sami Zayn

Adam Rose vs. Camacho

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Looking forward to seeing Charlotte and the Ascension. <3 And Tyler Breeze. And that's mostly all I'm interested in, which is fine. 2-hour special event is good. Make this 4 and I'm not so interested. I do expect an Ascension loss, though.

Sblargh

Banned
I was watching an interview with Daniel Bryan from after night of the champions (during his 2nd run with the world title, fated to end in a few hours after) and he named Tyson Kidd as someone he thinks has great potential.

I want to believe, but he's just someone who I can't take seriously for some reason. He has the anti-it factor.

He should not only wear a mask, but also a voice modulator.

Edit: Speaking of The Ascension, how do you book a match between luchadores and angry tough guys? I am interested in the match because they are so different, but I don't know how strong dudes running with cloheslines can mesh with flippy crazy lucha.

I was watching an interview with Daniel Bryan from after night of the champions (during his 2nd run with the world title, fated to end in a few hours after) and he named Tyson Kidd as someone he thinks has great potential.

I want to believe, but he's just someone who I can't take seriously for some reason. He has the anti-it factor.

He should not only wear a mask, but also a voice modulator.

Great ring work. If the tag division was worth a shit, stick him with another high flier and you'd have gold.

But the tag division hasn't been worth a shit for years sadly.

JavyOO7

I have a feeling the Ascension are going to lose tonight. I hope not, personally.

I know they ain't too hot in the ring but the crowd entertains themselves by yelling 'yah!' Konnor to do another kick or slam.

Quick glance at Wikipedia says that these dudes have been around developmental for quite a bit. Maybe soon they get called up or released? I hope they get called up, man...

Striker

I don’t know if this will go anywhere, but the plan right now is to make T.J. Wilson into a masked wrestler. He’s already had the mask designed by a Lucha Libre mask guy. The feeling is he’s a talented wrestler but they’ve marginalized Tyson Kidd for so long that there’s nothing they can do with him past the prelim level.
So an awful lot of the roster is boned, then?

Ascension reminds me of the South Park Episode with the Goth, Vamp, and Emo kids.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
We don't have enough masks and disguises in WWE.

Bunny is just the beginning.

El-Suave

Is Corey Graves injured again or why isn't he on the card for Takeover? I also wish they had another Divas match instead of trying to sell us Adam Rose once again.

Sblargh

Banned
Is Corey Graves injured again or why isn't he on the card for Takeover? I also wish they had another Divas match instead of trying to sell us Adam Rose once again.

The gland that produces hormones that makes him entertaining to watch is missing. Doctors don't know the cure.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I think Meng and Barbarian could have been a pretty cool team if they actually did something with them. Great look.

The fucking worst, shittiest thing about WCW commentary is whenever Goldberg is in the fucking ring. Tony and Tenay will NOT stop giving fellatio to Goldberg on commentary. Any time they praise the opponent, one or the other will go YEAH BUT HES NOT GOLDBERG. Heenan and Larry were the only ones that didn't get the memo of 'dont put anyone over but Goldberg. Everyone should b e asking at all times 'where's goldberg.''

The Brain loves the fuck out of Goldberg.

Omega

Banned
went to check my yahoo email, see an article about how vince lost 750 million (old i know) and i can't help but laugh.

This is what the WWE gets for valuing merchandise sales for the past decade and losing customers who weren't interested in Cena Then. Now. Forever. No effort was made to keep the older fanbase interested because Little Jimmy wanted that cool viper shirt or 10 cena wristbands.

I find it glorious it all backfired. Maybe Shane and Stephanie had their own credit card when they were 10 but did Vince think every 10 year old in the world did? With how much they put into the WWE Network, you would think they would make sure the demographic that could sign up for it would be happy.

went to check my yahoo email, see an article about how vince lost 750 million (old i know) and i can't help but laugh.

This is what the WWE gets for valuing merchandise sales for the past decade and losing customers who weren't interested in Cena Then. Now. Forever. No effort was made to keep the older fanbase interested because Little Jimmy wanted that cool viper shirt or 10 cena wristbands.

I find it glorious it all backfired. Maybe Shane and Stephanie had their own credit card when they were 10 but did Vince think every 10 year old in the world did? With how much they put into the WWE Network, you would think they would make sure the demographic that could sign up for it would be happy.
This is really short sighted.

Are you an investor?

Entropia

No One Remembers
Raw was complete garbage except for the last hour

But you know what won't be garbage?

nxt-takeover-620x361.jpg

WWE NXT Title Match:
Adrian Neville vs. Tyson Kidd

NXT Women’s Title Match:
Charlotte w/Ric Flair vs. Natalya w/Bret Hart

WWE NXT Tag Team Title Match:
The Ascension vs. Kalisto and El Local

#1 Contender’s Match:
Tyler Breeze vs. Sami Zayn

Adam Rose vs. Camacho

Are Kidd and Natty gonna win?! "OMG HUSBAND AND WIFE COMBO HAVE BOTH THE TITLES!!!!!!!!!"????????????

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member

What am I even reading? John Cena feeds us.

Entropia

No One Remembers

The problem is they keep backpedaling and baiting content on the Network.

Monday Night Wars is months off (outside of the initial 6 month subscription), older RAWs are slowly trickling in. I don't think Smackdown (like when it premiered) are in at all?

The WWE should've made old content table stakes.

Sblargh

Banned
The problem is they keep backpedaling and baiting content on the Network.

Monday Night Wars is months off (outside of the initial 6 month subscription), older RAWs are slowly trickling in. I don't think Smackdown (like when it premiered) are in at all?

The WWE should've made old content table stakes.

I get wanting to watch something specific that isn't up yet, but it's insane to complain about lack of content.

Edit: Love or hate John Cena, you have to hate him.

Top Bottom