• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

May Wrasslin' |OT2| Where the Big Boys Play

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date

Carnby

Red Eye Chicago interviewed Punk in today's newspaper about being a part of the project. Punk will be commemorating Kerry Wood's 20 strikeout games in 1998, and was asked if that was more impressive than holding the WWE Championship for 434 days. Punk fielded that question, replying that Wood's would have to answer that and noting that he felt that it was the most impressively pitched game in major league history.

The only other wrestling related question was Punk being asked about being retired at 35 and if he would be doing more charity work now. Punk admitted that "it feels good," before talking about supporting charities for organizations like the Chicago Cubs.

Read more at http://www.wrestlinginc.com/wi/news...alks-being-retired-at-35/#shXdQzEg7lq0kW6Y.99

Punk is retired.

Someone call Heavy. We need to post this in OT.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I honestly don't get what wrestling fans want sometimes - if you've got a problem with 'the top guy' being a pandering shill like John Cena then just fucking quit watching WWE, because it's ALWAYS going to happen. Just be grateful the guy they're trying to position in that spot is one of the best technical wrestlers in the world who can excite the crowd with his matches, rather than put them to sleep. Or, just forget about him latch on to some up-and-comer who you'll complain about not getting pushed incessantly despite increasing popularity, then turn on the moment said popularity morphs him into a prototypical WWE face.

I dunno I just watch almost everything and complain about many things because I know what I want!

I want more muscled dudes who look dangerous or women who look dangerous doing dangerous badass shit.

So that's why I watch puro in the 90s and NWA/WCW

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
i1ApCiH67y6Od.gif

hoo boy this...this is a good one

Punk needs a new job. What can he do?

work in a comic book store as a person you go in there to buy from and harass.

He's the worst wrestler in the world because of a tweet. Cry me a fucking river.
He's a wrestler who can't even wrestle right now. That's already bad enough before you remember that means he can still cut terrible promos while he's injured.

Randy Orton was injured and gave us RNN. What is Daniel Bryan giving us? I hold champions up to the standard of previous champions, and Bryan isn't close to anyone.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Damn that article about the Least Successful Tag Teams is brutal. Look at 3MB's

When you have a match with all three fellas, their record is 1-24. (December 4, 2012 on Smackdown, 3MB beat Brodus Clay and the Usos).
Drew McIntyre & Heath Slater are 2-12.
Drew McIntyre & Jinder Mahal are 2-22-1.
Health Slater & Drew McIntyre are 7-7 (they defeated Team CoBro – Santino Marella & Zack Ryder – several times).

He's a wrestler who can't even wrestle right now. That's already bad enough before you remember that means he can still cut terrible promos while he's injured.

Randy Orton was injured and gave us RNN. What is Daniel Bryan giving us? I hold champions up to the standard of previous champions, and Bryan isn't close to anyone.

An angle concerning his wife, Stephanie, and his title. He'll be back by mid June at the earliest. It's basically like that time Punk was injured and missed TLC. People are just so reactionary sometimes.

Fuck dude Liu Kang is no longer in my fave five. Asshole had a block button in his dial combo. Fuck him. And fuck you too I guess.

tm24

Yeah I saw this. Keep me updated. Wouldn't mind kickstarting this.

OK, to go deeper into this, while the game might be alright, the people in charge of this are Game Salute, a publisher infamous for launching multiple kickstarters after they have other kickstarters way past overdue their promised delivery date. Their quality is suspect, their CS is terrible, they change components after the KS for cheaper looking stuff and theyre just plain terrible

http://boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/171113/game-salute-a-cautionary-tale

An angle concerning his wife, Stephanie, and his title. He'll be back by mid June at the earliest. It's basically like that time Punk was injured and missed TLC. People are just so reactionary sometimes.

Fuck dude Liu Kang is no longer in my fave five. Asshole had a block button in his dial combo. Fuck him. And fuck you too I guess.
When Punk was out, he was hilarious. Another example of a wrestler about 1000 leagues above Bryan in talent and charisma.

OK, to go deeper into this, while the game might be alright, the people in charge of this are Game Salute, a publisher infamous for launching multiple kickstarters after they have other kickstarters way past overdue their promised delivery date. Their quality is suspect, their CS is terrible, they change components after the KS for cheaper looking stuff and theyre just plain terrible

http://boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/171113/game-salute-a-cautionary-tale

As a fellow PWG and board game fan, thanks for the heads up. Guess I will be voting NO CONFIDENCE on this one.

Sblargh

Banned
I honestly don't get what wrestling fans want sometimes - if you've got a problem with 'the top guy' being a pandering shill like John Cena then just fucking quit watching WWE, because it's ALWAYS going to happen. Just be grateful the guy they're trying to position in that spot is one of the best technical wrestlers in the world who can excite the crowd with his matches, rather than put them to sleep. Or, just forget about him latch on to some up-and-comer who you'll complain about not getting pushed incessantly despite increasing popularity, then turn on the moment said popularity morphs him into a prototypical WWE face.

I think most people like Bryan; they just wanted him to have a proper reign which isn't happening due to a string of bad luck.

Then you have the people who troll that they don't like him to a point that I can't honestly tell if it's real or not; it's just their thing, they come in here and say "Daniel Bryan sucks lol" among each other, and I don't know, maybe it's fun for them.

Then you have people like Sunny who is seriously turned off by his looks, which is fair if you watch to see hot dudes, but then, I don't know how he deals with good wrestlers who aren't hot dudes.

And you have Liu Kang Baking a Pie who honestly hates D-Bry, who have been hating on him since before Wrestlemania, so, he is at least consistent. But now he is just fishing for anything at all to hate. He is the worst wrestler in the world because he had neck surgery and can't wrestle right now. I don't think even my own hate for Cena reach that.

The only memorable matches Bryan has had recently were against Wyatt, Cena, Orton, and Triple H, all of whom have solid matches all the time, so I don't see where Bryan's natural wrestling talent is overcoming his other extreme shortcomings like people want me to believe. He's truly the worst promo in the company right now, and that's not me trolling or being hyperbolic. Think about it. He's at least in everyone's bottom five promo guys if you're being generous.

Sblargh

Banned
The only memorable matches Bryan has had recently were against Wyatt, Cena, Orton, and Triple H, all of whom have solid matches all the time. I don't see where Bryan's natural wrestling talent is overcoming his other extreme shortcomings like people want me to believe. He's truly the worst promo in the company right now, and that's not me trolling or being hyperbolic. Think about it.

?

And yeah, the only memorable matches Bryan had since the beggining of the year is with half the roster. Worst wrestler in the world.

?

And yeah, the only memorable matches Bryan had since the beggining of the year is with half the roster. Worst wrestler in the world.
I think if Punk hadn't left and wasn't just a mopey doofus who wasn't trying anymore anyway, we'd all have very different feelings about Bryan. He's been pushed out of necessity to fill that hole, and he hasn't stepped up like I wanted him to.

gurudyne

I think if Punk hadn't left and wasn't just a mopey doofus who wasn't trying anymore anyway, we'd all have very different feelings about Bryan. He's been pushed out of necessity to fill that hole, and he hasn't stepped up like I wanted him to.

The hell do you want? The dude got married, his dad died, got stuck in a feud with supernatural!Kane which robbed the feud of a lot of things that might have made a Kane feud work in 2014, then he got injured. Punk couldn't have rolled with those exact same punches, so what are you even saying here?

This is what has my one foot off the Bryan bandwagon. It's been said many times before, but I can't imagine any other serious top guy to allow themselves to look the way he has, even with the circumstances he's been dealt. Before you could say WWE was burying him and all that but at this point it's on him.

The hell do you want? The dude got married, his dad died, got stuck in a feud with supernatural!Kane which robbed the feud of a lot of things that might have made a Kane feud work in 2014, then he got injured. Punk couldn't have rolled with those exact same punches, so what are you even saying here?
I wanted him to cut one good promo to ever make me care about him. He's tried a lot. Sometimes you can sense even the fans watching are cautiously cheering and chanting, because they're like "whoa this guy is pretty awkward." People don't have confidence in him like they do with Punk.

He was pushed to fill that hole because they didn't want the Superdome to be pelted with countless amounts of garbage in the ring. And I sound like a broken record whenever I say that among many of Bryan's problems as champion about a 70/30 ratio has to do with his personal issues regarding his life and just bad writing from Creative. Had they kept it simple for Bryan, we'd all be having a great time right now. I think.

I wanted him to cut one good promo to ever make me care about him. He's tried a lot. Sometimes you can sense even the fans watching are cautiously cheering and chanting, because they're like "whoa this guy is pretty awkward." People don't have confidence in him like they do with Punk.

Ok look, he isn't great at the stick, he's just adequate to good sometimes. But what they should be doing is book to his strengths and hide his weaknesses. Bryan's too much of a Yes man to reject anything given to him, which is a flaw I must admit, but the whole chicken shit to chicken salad for Bryan is WAYYYY past him now. You invest in the guy, give me the guy. We all know he's capable for it.

He had the promo with Cena and the RAW before Mania promo on the post show.

This is what has my one foot off the Bryan bandwagon. It's been said many times before, but I can't imagine any other serious top guy to allow themselves to look the way he has, even with the circumstances he's been dealt. Before you could say WWE was burying him and all that but at this point it's on him.

Yeah, cause speaking out always works! Right, Dolph?

FkQBiTG.gif

Sblargh

Banned

People were hijacking shows calling for Bryan way before Punk left. And before you say, not the yes chants, they were going "Da - niel - Bry - an *clap clap clapclapclap"

He hasn't stepped up, I'll give you that. In part was stuff happening (honeymoon, dad died, neck surgery); in part was creative being awful (feud with Teh Demon Kane) and in part was that, yeah, he hasn't stepped up, maybe he could have pulled something out of his hat to make the two or three Raws that he was in since Wrestlemania to do something, but he didn't. I don't know what he could have done without ignoring everything the writers gave him and just improvising on the spot, but yeah.

And then there are about a hundred guys in WWE who had spoken up and came off as incredible superstars to the audience instead of what they might have been. Dolph's a whiner who can't completely back it up.

He was referencing speaking up about being booked poorly, which has nothing to do with the audience. Dolph backed it up by getting over and putting on good matches. Speaking out is what got them sour on him.

He was referencing speaking up about being booked poorly, which has nothing to do with the audience.
Yes it does. That's the whole point. That's why we all have a trigger finger to say a guy's being buried and why we care so much about who Cena's making look bad. How you're booked and presented to the audience means everything. Bryan wouldn't have been a main eventer if they didn't spend 2013 having him actually win a lot for once.

Sblargh

Banned
And then there are about a hundred guys in WWE who had spoken up and came off as incredible superstars to the audience instead of what they might have been. Dolph's a whiner who can't completely back it up.

No, there haven't. Vince hired Steve Austin, told him to dress in a ridiculous outfit and call himself "The Ringmaster" and he said "Yes, sir".

Talent shouldn't just say yes to everything, but this notion that they have to keep fighting against creative borders on corporate shilling; why the hell is this "Creative" entity giving away so many bad ideas that force the people playing the characters to ignore them in order to have success?

It still makes no sense how they just destroyed Ryder. I don't get it.

Boots! I plan to watch PROGRESS 13. Any other UK shows I should check out?

He was referencing speaking up about being booked poorly, which has nothing to do with the audience. Dolph backed it up by getting over and putting on good matches. Speaking out is what got them sour on him.

In Dolph's case, I think there's a difference between speaking out and attitude. Dolph simply just rubbed all the wrong people the wrong way. He has a ton of goodwill in the future with plenty of people backing him up, but it's up to him to properly conduct himself to be where he wants to go.

Yes it does. That's the whole point. That's why we all have a trigger finger to say a guy's being buried and why we care so much about who Cena's making look bad. How you're booked and presented to the audience means everything. Bryan wouldn't have been a main eventer if they didn't spend 2013 having him actually win a lot for once.

What I meant is that Bryan would have to speak up to management about being booked poorly with the Kane beatdown stuff, which is exactly what got Dolph in the doghouse.

No, there haven't. Vince hired Steve Austin, told him to dress in a ridiculous outfit and call himself "The Ringmaster" and he said "Yes, sir".
This ignores all the speaking up Austin did when he was a main eventer, which proves my point.

Talent shouldn't just say yes to everything, but this notion that they have to keep fighting against creative borders on corporate shilling; why the hell is this "Creative" entity giving away so many bad ideas that force the people playing the characters to ignore them in order to have success?
No one knows you better than you.

Top Bottom