• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

May Wrasslin' |OT2| Where the Big Boys Play

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date

Sblargh

Banned
That's probably why Heyman calls himself an "advocate." It's meta-commentary on how you have to sell yourself to the company.

Oh, so now you have to fend itself against creative making bad decisions and you have to do it right, you been in development, you passed their tests, but still you have to sell yourself to the company, and you sell yourself to the company by saying their ideas for you are stupid, but you have to do it the right way, etc etc.

It's like the entire company are innocent idiots while the wrestlers have to somehow know better, and not only know better, but speak to them like the children they are. And they also have to be good technical wrestlers, good actors, have charisma and "that intangible 'it' factor".

Bullshit. Protecting your talent should be the number 1 lesson of this busisness and they can't even do it in a podcast where you basically throw Sandow under a bus by directly referencing the pink trunks.

You know what, him not wrestling since ER is just gonna make his in-ring return all the more special. No matter who the opponent is
Kane

I'm kinda digging the new Zayn theme. That ooooohhhhhh ooooohhhhh part i'm assuming is a possible replacement for his OLE chants. Hope Full Sail puts it over tonight.

Kane, but then things aren't looking good for his title run all things considered if the next opponent really is Triple H.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Natalya should personally design and sew TJ's mask.

Here you go:

v4iM5WD.jpg

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I guess nobody's over, then.

Not like they could be, no...dark times. Seriously, who's happy about anything?

Look at the train derailments since Mania.

Bryan's train - off the rails. Even just based on his Kane feud. Everything else didn't help.
Cesaro's train - off the rails. Let's confuse fans by putting him with Heyman. And be a heel. But people want to cheer.

Did anyone else have any steam in their little engines?

Oh, so now you have to fend itself against creative making bad decisions and you have to do it right, you been in development, you passed their tests, but still you have to sell yourself to the company, and you sell yourself to the company by saying their ideas for you are stupid, but you have to do it the right way, etc etc.

It's like the entire company are innocent idiots while the wrestlers have to somehow know better, and not only know better, but speak to them like the children they are. And they also have to be good technical wrestlers, good actors, have charisma and "that intangible 'it' factor".

Bullshit. Protecting your talent should be the number 1 lesson of this busisness and they can't even do it in a podcast where you basically throw Sandow under a bus by directly referencing the pink trunks.
You should tell this to WWE instead of the Internet, Dolph.

Laserfrog

I just thought back to that cage reaction vs his recent appearances. Train's dead. Gotta put more coal in it. More Cole.

"Real Emojion"
"Emoji Willie"
"Mr. Emoji"

I like Mr. Emoji, there's money in that. I'll put it to the board of directors to go with that. Also during every Mr. Emoji match Michael Cole must commentate using a synthesiser and a talk box.

Kane, but then things aren't looking good for his title run all things considered.

I mean if oracle Meltzer is correct, you got Cesaro entering the title hunt! That'll be fun right? They really should've built for HHH/Bryan II for Payback though.

You know if you want people to like Brie: have her volunteer to give up her job for the title and promise Bryan to be the best he could be. Make this the key plot device for Bryan to live up to his title and really play up how he's kind of letting everybody down with his constant beat downs and trips to the hospital. Have Brie become the key motivation to pull in all the stops for anyone to fight him for that title but also have the inherent danger of his neck and how it conflicts with everything he's fighting for.

Sblargh

Banned
Not like they could be, no...dark times. Seriously, who's happy about anything?

Look at the train derailments since Mania.

Bryan's train - off the rails. Even just based on his Kane feud. Everything else didn't help.
Cesaro's train - off the rails. Let's confuse fans by putting him with Heyman. And be a heel. But people want to cheer.

Did anyone else have any steam in their little engines?

The Shield is also losing steam due to "and yet again you will fight Evolution". Wyatt is dead and was super over, too. (the match at Elimination Chamber where people were going "Let's go Wyatt! Let's go Shield"! Everyone was over!)

I guess those 8 talented wrestlers who got over by doing their job and having excellent matches should have learned to say no to the pink trunks.

DMczaf

What happened now?

I posted in that Empire Magazine Top Movies voted by fans thread, made a quick joke about how the loud minority continue to hate TDK and the first reply is something about how the majority is often wrong and that most of America still believe in God.

that last statement was dafuk. Why take it there?

And bros, I have to shoot with you. I just got on some new meds today, so I may be more talkative and chatty than usual. I am obviously a big fan of D-Bry and want to see the guy succeed but I do generally consider myself pretty real when it comes to things.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
The Shield is also losing steam due to "and yet again you will fight Evolution". Wyatt is dead and was super over, too. (the match at Elimination Chamber where people were going "Let's go Wyatt! Let's go Shield"! Everyone was over!)

I guess those 8 talented wrestlers who got over by doing their job and having excellent matches should have learned to say no to the pink trunks.

Shield is hanging on, thankfully, without being booked into a shallow grave. It's surprising, because I thought they'd be jobbing on the preshow a year ago. It's shocking!

Wyatt is totally over and is getting Bryan-level reactions. The current lowered Bryan-level reactions.

Wyatt also did his own "say no to the pink trunks" stuff, and look at him now.

In fairness, Wyatt did speak up in a way. When he was Husky Harris and NXT creative didn't have shit for him, he came up with the Bray Wyatt character, so he deserves credit for that. Got himself out of creative hell.

DMczaf

They're shitting on TDKR again, aren't they. The movie has a 8.6 user rating on IMDB!

Nope, they went after TDK! Motherfuckers! No one gives a shit about your god damn indie arthouse flicks. I need fart jokes and 10 year old pop culture references.

Thank you Vince.

In fairness, Wyatt did speak up in a way. When he was Husky Harris and NXT creative didn't have shit for him, he came up with the Bray Wyatt character, so he deserves credit for that. Got himself out of creative hell.

I'm sure it's different in developmental. A lot more creative freedom is given there. Apparently Bryan can't even trim his beard if he wants to now.

I mean if oracle Meltzer is correct, you got Cesaro entering the title hunt! That'll be fun right? They really should've built for HHH/Bryan II for Payback though.

You know if you want people to like Brie: have her volunteer to give up her job for the title and promise Bryan to be the best he could be. Make this the key plot device for Bryan to live up to his title and really play up how he's kind of letting everybody down with his constant beat downs and trips to the hospital. Have Brie become the key motivation to pull in all the stops for anyone to fight him for that title but also have the inherent danger of his neck and how it conflicts with everything he's fighting for.

Or let's just get him as far away from Yoko as possible.

strobogo

Banned
The problem with Natalya (and others) in that Womens' tournament is that it was all predicated on a bullshit excuse to have it. "Hey Paige, since you're on Raw, you gotta vacate the title. Let's summon some Raw talent to try to win it" - stupid continuity issues.

Tyson Kidd sucks at everything but his in-ring product. That ain't enough in this day and age. Mask up.

I believe the on screen reason was that Paige wouldn't have enough time to be able to defend both titles. Not that it needed to be vacated because she had a main roster title, but because having both would cause conflicts in defenses and appearances or something. But then it doesn't make sense to put main roster women who could win both titles into the tournament.

Nope, they went after TDK! Motherfuckers! No one gives a shit about your god damn indie arthouse flicks. I need fart jokes and 10 year old pop culture references.

Thank you Vince.

People hate TDK now?

People should be hating on Begins since it's pretty boring, and had the worst combination of villains in existence. Even John Cena starring in it couldn't save it.

Sblargh

Banned
In a way everyone is still over; people cheer for Bryan, they sing along with Bray (sometimes), they mark out for The Shield; but it all seems to be goodwill from pre-Wrestlemania. They are still over despiste this past month.

Though The Shield done some pretty good things during this period, which is a blessing, because they are the main event right now. Regardless of this talk of "Roman Reigns will be pushed to the top on the future"; today, Roman Reigns and friends are already the top.

I like to think that this attempted Tyson Kidd rehab is Triple H looking at him and realizing how good he is, and regretting that they've wasted him for so long.

Triple H also seems like a big fan of Adrian Neville. On the conference call yesterday, he said he couldn't wait until he's on the main roster having classic matches with Daniel Bryan or John Cena.

I like to think that this attempted Tyson Kidd rehab is Triple H looking at him and realizing how good he is, and regretting that they've wasted him for so long.

Triple H also seems like a big fan of Adrian Neville. On the conference call yesterday, he said he couldn't wait until he's on the main roster having classic matches with Daniel Bryan or John Cena.

Triple H has been very vocal in support of both Neville and Zayn. On his Twitter Q&A today, he said if he could have a match with any NXT guy it'd be Zayn.

I always think HHH is one of the good guys but then I still look back at Royal Rumble 2014 as all of HHH's friends going over and just shake my godamn head and just don't know who the fuck to trust anymore.

I always think HHH is one of the good guys but then I still look back at Royal Rumble 2014 as all of HHH's friends going over and just shake my godamn head and just don't know who the fuck to trust anymore.

I don't think of it as "Triple H's friends". Other than the Outlaws, the decisions that happened made some sort of sense. Yeah, Batista was a terrible idea, but I think that was more to do with his movie star status and less with his friendship with Triple H.

Verendus

Banned
Just imagine had they done the right thing and given Brotista the title. At least these past few months, Raw would have had an entertaining champion. Just the heat alone could bring about some great promos. You could still keep Bryan in there doing what he does best, which is to chase since he clearly sucks very much as the champion. Instead, there is Kane. And someone who no longer has Triple H to hold his hand through a compelling fued.

On the other hand, we actually have an Elimination match at Payback. I'm actually excited to watch the match because of that stipulation.

Sblargh

Banned
Just imagine had they done the right thing and given Brotista the title. At least these past few months, Raw would have had an entertaining champion. Just the heat alone could bring about some great promos. You could still keep Bryan in there doing what he does best, which is to chase since he clearly sucks very much as the champion. Instead, there is Kane. And someone who no longer has Triple H to hold his hand through a compelling fued.

You're right. It could be worst.

On the other hand, we actually have an Elimination match at Payback. I'm actually excited to watch the match because of that stipulation.

You can't do that at Mania. But I would be sort of behind it if it happened at Extreme Rules.

Top Bottom