• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

May Wrasslin' |OT2| Where the Big Boys Play

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date

Alucard

Banned
Bo2S_MDIMAAn12M.jpg

Happy for Neville. Hope he keeps getting better on the mic.

TL21xx

Banned
Solid event overall, but I do agree that the main event left me wanting a little more from it. I'm not entirely sure what's missing though, because the psychology was all there. Loved Semi/Breeze and Charlotte/Natty and I friggin' hate Adam Rose's face and want him to get the hell off my TV. Great work Mr. H, you've reminded me once again that there's hope for good wresting from WWE one day. We just have to wait for Vince to croak/move out of the way...

Great match. Not the best of the night, but fuck it, such a great night, everything was awesome.

NNXT fucking delivered. Amazing event. Network subscription justified in those two hours.

I felt that way after Arrival, but this was a further improvement. If NXT keep this up, I keep my sub, no matter what else is going on. Here's hoping they do. Unfortunately I think people are going to get called up soon, and it'll be a long time before they get given the time to have matches like this.

Still, if Kenta and Steen are truly waiting in the wings maybe things will be just fine.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Regal was excellent on commentary. Really put over all the talent.

It will all be for naught unless Total Divas gets canceled.

They've done a very good job of keeping the two entities (TD and the Title) away from each other and letting them exist in their own worlds.

Welp the main roster has managed to completely balls up Emma & Paige so far so I'm not exactly getting my hopes up.

Emma, yeah, they screwed up. But she is good enough to come back from it. And she came out without Santino this week, so maybe they are seeing the faults in the relationship. As for Paige, I think they've actually done a pretty good job with her. Could she be featured more? Yeah, but she's been going over strong and looking completely dominant other than her loss to Fox. The problem is that Paige is falling victim to the fact that they treated the Divas like an afterthought for so long that there is no credible opponent for her and the crowds have no real reason to care. It'll take months and months of dedication to the division for the audience to start seeing it as something to care about again. But I think they've handled Paige relatively well.

Ithil

No match beat Zayn/Cesaro from Arrival, but overall a better show, with far better pacing of the show and overall better matches, and instead of a Mojo squash, we got Mojo squashed.

Alucard

Banned
No one should be called up until they can talk people until the building. Paige isn't even comfortable in front of 800 people at Full Sail.

I'll agree with that. If you can't connect with the audience, you shouldn't be able to be called up.

Dixie Carter connects more with wrestling crowds than Paige. And Dixie is terrible.

Vince is going to step down one day and we'll all be excited for the King of Kings reign, but then he'll just end up selling WWE to Comcast.

No way, Zayn/Cesaro was insanely good. Zayn/Breeze was great but that match was one of the best of the year so far.

It really was. It had the advantage of building a story on the foundation of a great previous bout mind, but still, yeah Zayn vs Cesaro was the best match so far this year that I have seem.

Top Bottom