• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MechWarrior Online - News and Information Thread

Llyranor

I agree that you should be able to choose when to activate your premium months.

-------

http://penny-arcade.com/report/edit...fully-illustrated-insanely-intricate-birth-of

Cool read on mech design.

6FQoa.jpg

Woorloog

Banned

-------

http://penny-arcade.com/report/edit...fully-illustrated-insanely-intricate-birth-of

6FQoa.jpg

Mmm... Catapult...

Looks very nice.

Can't wait till the Clan Invasion because the Timber Wolf is like the Catapult two Catapults taped toghter except one of them is a Marauder.

EDIT does the Founder's Catapult actually have thinner nose unlike the normal Catapult?

Giolon

-------

6FQoa.jpg

That was a very cool article. I read it last night. I really had no idea how much work they put in to modeling every single mech. I still want more of them. It also helps that the Catapult has always been one of my favorite Mech designs (after the Timber Wolf/Mad Cat)

Mmm... Catapult...

Looks very nice.

Can't wait till the Clan Invasion because the Timber Wolf is like the Catapult two Catapults taped toghter except one of them is a Marauder.

EDIT does the Founder's Catapult actually have thinner nose unlike the normal Catapult?

Different variants do have different appearances. You can see from the images the Founder Catapult's nose isn't really thinner. It has an extra piece tacked onto it to make it longer.

Woorloog

Banned
That was a very cool article. I read it last night. I really had no idea how much work they put in to modeling every single mech. I still want more of them. It also helps that the Catapult has always been one of my favorite Mech designs (after the Timber Wolf/Mad Cat)

Different variants do have different appearances. You can see from the images the Founder Catapult's nose isn't really thinner. It has an extra piece tacked onto it to make it longer.

Without that blue-boring skin the thin nose would look okay but as it is, meh. I assume Founder's Mechs can't be visually customized?

The 'Pult is my favorite mech in Battletech universe i think.

And yeah, the work that goes into a single mech... daunting.

Arguably it is wasted if you don't want to play the game in the state it is.
IMO the premium time shouldn't start before "Live" but no need to reset stats after open beta is done.

Well depends when the game actually goes open beta. Folks are looking at the game as it is now and thinking that is how it's going to launch, but we still have no idea when it's coming and the level of features that will be implemented. For all we know, all the functions will be in, it will just be limited in game modes and number of maps.

Woorloog

Banned
Well depends when the game actually goes open beta. Folks are looking at the game as it is now and thinking that is how it's going to launch, but we still have no idea when it's coming and the level of features that will be implemented. For all we know, all the functions will be in, it will just be limited in game modes and number of maps.

Ah, true.
Kinda slow discussion BTW...

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
I'm in this now but school keeps me from playing it... or anything else... back to work...

Lime

Lol, all my stats got reset when Piranha Support had to fix my account, so the matchmaking is now putting me with only pugs. It's incredibly frustrating, even when you win a match.

Btw, suddenly every match has now become extremely expensive.

Mupod

Lol, all my stats got reset when Piranha Support had to fix my account, so the matchmaking is now putting me with only pugs. It's incredibly frustrating, even when you win a match.

Btw, suddenly every match has now become extremely expensive.

There's something really wrong with repair costs. As soon as your engine gets a dent you get charged to replace the entire thing. I still make huge profits because my team stomps everybody, but all those people running 400XL engines in suicidal dragons, hunchbacks and awesomes are feeling it in their wallet.

epmode

I can't believe that they still don't let you copy/paste your account password into the launcher. My awesome 20-digit unique password scheme is ruined.

Sethos

Banned
I can't believe that they still don't let you copy/paste your account password into the launcher. My awesome 20-digit unique password scheme is ruined.

Tell me about it, it's starting to drive me batshit. I even made a thread on it over on their forums with no replies.

NameGenerated

Who paid you to grab Dr. Pavel?
Well something seems to be wrong for me. The game and even the menus run at like 2 frames per second, it's a slide show.

red731

Try to run windowed on lowest setting and go up from there if it runs smoothly.
Check the driver options too. Also compatibility mode and other properties.

Can't check it as stated above.

NameGenerated

Who paid you to grab Dr. Pavel?
Hmmm, I have no idea. Put it to low settings and even when the menu is just sitting open, my computer slows to a crawl.

Izayoi

Banned
i've just been abusing that dual-gauss Catapult. Such a brutal sniper variant :D But i'm starting to like the AC20 Hunchback as well and can't wait to try out Stalker.
Haha, I actually tried out the dual-gauss Catapult as well. I felt bad using it though, so switched back to my Founder's variant. :(

akira28

holy shit do I suck at this fucken gaime!!!

fuckenhell the joystick...it does nozzink.
This game keeps freezing and blowing out my formerly rock solid overclock, yet it doesn't seem to task my system in the least. I can't even set the jumpjet on my joystick map. I head shotted an Atlas with this rental Jenner and the game bluescreened and then told me my voltage was too much or not enough or something. Too much awesome I guess.

I guess everyone is using an Xbox controller or something. Everything is way too fast. compared to the old Mech sims. But...

I like it.

Zaptruder

Banned
holy shit do I suck at this fucken gaime!!!

fuckenhell the joystick...it does nozzink.
This game keeps freezing and blowing out my formerly rock solid overclock, yet it doesn't seem to task my system in the least. I can't even set the jumpjet on my joystick map. I head shotted an Atlas with this rental Jenner and the game bluescreened and then told me my voltage was too much or not enough or something. Too much awesome I guess.

I guess everyone is using an Xbox controller or something. Everything is way too fast. compared to the old Mech sims. But...

I like it.
Everyone is using KB and Mouse.

Nemic77

What's up with there being almost no video settings to tweak? I ended up editing some .cfg files and made the changes I wanted, but still... Reminds me of some console ports.

Other than that, great fun!

red731

This game is awesome and I am saying that as someone who spent countless hours on MechWarriror 2.

These games are made for kb/m by the way.

Haha, I actually tried out the dual-gauss Catapult as well. I felt bad using it though, so switched back to my Founder's variant. :(

It's a beta, i assume im supposed to abuse broken builds! :D

What's up with there being almost no video settings to tweak? I ended up editing some .cfg files and made the changes I wanted, but still... Reminds me of some console ports.

I think it's trying to adopt that new Crysis model it's engine is borrowed from too by just giving low-medium-high general graphic settings as a single toggle :D

Sethos

Banned
Yeah, the missing video settings is incredibly annoying. I suspect the higher settings have some sort of FXAA going on.

Can you give some pointers as what settings can be tweaked via the cfg?

Lime

I use these video settings (removes the blurry edgeAA among others) in my user.cfg:

Code:
r_TexturesFilteringQuality = 0 
cl_fov = 80 
r_UseEdgeAA = 0 
r_MotionBlur = 0 
r_DepthofField = 0 
r_PostProcessEffectsFilters = 0 
r_PostProcessEffects = 0 
r_PostMSAA = 0 
r_HDRRendering = 0 
r_SSAO = 1 
r_FSAA = 1 
r_UsePOM = 0 
r_TexMaxAnisotropy = 16 
d3d9_TextureFilter = trilinear 
r_TexturesStreaming = 0

FOV needs correction though, as they're a bit high atm.

Sethos

Banned
Oh for crying out loud, did all the wahoo to make a custom config, used the Nvidia one posted and now the window just closes after the login screen.

Nemic77

Oh for crying out loud, did all the wahoo to make a custom config, used the Nvidia one posted and now the window just closes after the login screen.

I also found this config app over at the Beta forums. It allows you to change settings without having to mess with .cfg files. Maybe you'll have better luck this way.

I'd still like to have the option to turn off certain effects like I did manually in the user.cfg... Shadows kills my performance.

Sethos

Banned
I also found this config app over at the Beta forums. It allows you to change settings without having to mess with .cfg files. Maybe you'll have better luck this way.

I'd still like to have the option to turn off certain effects like I did manually in the user.cfg... Shadows kills my performance.

Yeah that seemed to work, thanks man.

Never really noticed but apparently the game doesn't have an SLI profile yet :(

It seems I get some kind of grain in the snow map. I don't know if it's the custom config that added it, or it's the removal of vaseline that makes me notice it.

Osiris

I permanently banned my 6 year old daughter from using the PS4 for mistakenly sending grief reports as it's too hard to watch or talk to her
So, I got an email that I'd got into the closed beta, website however disagreed and still said "pending", a quick look on Forums / Facebook confirmed the email was sent in error.

Get another email also confirming that the previous email was an error, however by way of apology I was being rewarded with...

...Beta Access.

Awesome!

Cth

So, I got an email that I'd got into the closed beta, website however disagreed and still said "pending", a quick look on Forums / Facebook confirmed the email was sent in error.

Get another email also confirming that the previous email was an error, however by way of apology I was being rewarded with...

...Beta Access.

Awesome!

Same here!

Now to see what control options there are.. Touchpad is way too sensitive for this I think.

deduce

...Beta Access.

Awesome!
I just got the same email. It was a nice emotional ride.

"You recently got an email about getting into the beta." :)
"Turns out it was a mistake and you're not in the beta." :-(
"But to make up for it, you're now in the beta." :)

Jburton

Banned

...Beta Access.

Awesome!

Same here ... Yes!

Top Bottom