• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MechWarrior Online - News and Information Thread

Nickiepoo

And if we didn't have those then everyone would have moved onto the next cheese build already and you could forget just how annoying the last cheese was.

3Ls drop like flies to laserboats now that the lag compensation is in, and that'll only get better as projectile weapon state rewind and knockdowns are implimented. You only really need to fear them as a light, and the lesson there is to be within support range of your team. It's not ideal, but I'll take that over being one-shooted by 6x streaks with 100% accuracy.
For splatcats, they have to actually aim, and as such can't bounce around with jumpjets while still maintaining their full (or any really) DPS. Not to mention that it's easier to keep them at a safe range since they have to either sacrifice speed or risk an XL due to the increased weight of their weapons. Weapons which don't even have the same effective DPS as the streaks did thanks to spead and aiming problems.
You can argue that splats are worse for heavies and assults than streakapults were, but even in that case they're simply OP rather than totally overpowering (as streakapults were against lights and mediums) and even then I'd say that Streaks were just as nasty against heavies since they were able to maintain their DPS while evading fire and still reliably cause constant screen-shake on their target.

Llyranor

I've been testing out the 350 engine on the Atlas. 62.4kph with tweak. Considering a Phract with a 280 goes 71.3tweak, not bad at all.

Had to put endo, but it can still fit ac20/2srm6/2LL/1med with 17DHS. Whereas the max DHS I could fit on an ac20/300 build was only 18 anyway, because of critical spaces. The cost is losing 1 med and losing 1 ton each of ac20/srm ammo. Switching to SRM4's would fix that problem, I guess.

The gauss build doesn't benefit from it as much. It goes from 19DHS with the 300 (really optimized the space/tonnage on that one) to 16 with the 350 unless I sacrifice even more stuff.

So, for an ac20 atlas brawler, it seems like the 350 really enhances it. Some experimentation has been favorable to it.

-----------------

BTW: this is why streak-ravens have been OP. It might not affect splat cats as much against heavier mechs.

http://mwomercs.com/forums/topic/10...inside/page__st__340__p__2060318#entry2060318

http://mwomercs.com/forums/topic/10...inside/page__st__520__p__2064277#entry2064277

So basically, no more splash damage in April until they test it out. Raven nerf, splat nerf, heh.

----------------

Confession: I bought some premium green colors because they're now on sale :(

El'Kharn

You're losing only 1 in every 10 matches on average without sync-dropping and yet your win-loss ratio is about 50%?

Really?

My win/loss is approaching 50%. 8 more wins and its 50/50
Also my kdr is 7.8 at the moment. And no my stats are not bugged. its just the way it is.

teepo

I've been testing out the 350 engine on the Atlas. 62.4kph with tweak. Considering a Phract with a 280 goes 71.3tweak, not bad at all.

Had to put endo, but it can still fit ac20/2srm6/2LL/1med with 17DHS. Whereas the max DHS I could fit on an ac20/300 build was only 18 anyway, because of critical spaces. The cost is losing 1 med and losing 1 ton each of ac20/srm ammo. Switching to SRM4's would fix that problem, I guess.

The gauss build doesn't benefit from it as much. It goes from 19DHS with the 300 (really optimized the space/tonnage on that one) to 16 with the 350 unless I sacrifice even more stuff.

So, for an ac20 atlas brawler, it seems like the 350 really enhances it. Some experimentation has been favorable to it.

-----------------

BTW: this is why streak-ravens have been OP. It might not affect splat cats as much against heavier mechs.

http://mwomercs.com/forums/topic/10...inside/page__st__340__p__2060318#entry2060318

http://mwomercs.com/forums/topic/10...inside/page__st__520__p__2064277#entry2064277

So basically, no more splash damage in April until they test it out. Raven nerf, splat nerf, heh.

----------------

Confession: I bought some premium green colors because they're now on sale :(

i was looking for something to do with my AS7-D since usually fit it nearly identical to myfit my D-DC build and given i love cruising at 70kmph in my fragile Hunchback 4G kill stealing with the AC20... i think i'm going to give this a try

and that explains a hell of a lot. the three streak srm's that i'm rocking on the D-DC isn't going to be taking down lights as easily now :(

also, you're a tool

<3

Nickiepoo

Dude, you're claiming that you personally wipe out half the hostile team in every game you play yet win less than half your matches.

Smells like a large heap of bs to me.

El'Kharn

Dude, you're claiming that you personally wipe out half the hostile team in every game you play yet win less than half your matches.

Smells like a large heap of bs to me.

No. At what point did i say that i wipe out half the enemy team? Because i didnt. I have a high KDR and have been playing the game since closed beta. I've never done 8 mans and i rarely do 4 mans just pugs. I've never pug stomped AT ALL.

Before elo i always seemed to get dropped with the crappy teams, you know the ones you get with all the trial mechs and the idiots with lbx's in their atlas's. garbage teams basicly.
So what i've been doing since elo is clawing my way up to where i should be. The games are now much more enjoyable as i get dropped with people around my skill level. I know that as i am in so many winning matches that that rate (the 90% one) will drop dramaticly as i hit my elo bracket.
Leave the toxic posts in the MWO forums next time.

Zaptruder

Banned
No. At what point did i say that i wipe out half the enemy team? Because i didnt. I have a high KDR and have been playing the game since closed beta. I've never done 8 mans and i rarely do 4 mans just pugs. I've never pug stomped AT ALL.

Before elo i always seemed to get dropped with the crappy teams, you know the ones you get with all the trial mechs and the idiots with lbx's in their atlas's. garbage teams basicly.
So what i've been doing since elo is clawing my way up to where i should be. The games are now much more enjoyable as i get dropped with people around my skill level. I know that as i am in so many winning matches that that rate (the 90% one) will drop dramaticly as i hit my elo bracket.

You just hadn't explained the circumstances around those numbers well enough.

But OK.

Nickiepoo

50% win-loss means a generous average death of once per every three games. 8 kdr means 8 kills per 3 games, means 3-4 kills per game, means you're getting, on average, almost half the kills on your team when you win, assuming that every one of your victories is from a hostile wipe and that your kills are weighted towards your victories. Yes, this is average, but that's the point, it's an average. I just don't see how it's possible that you lost enough since the start of open beta that you now only have a 50% win rate while also having a kdr of 8. That shouldn't be possible.

You're also claiming a 90% win rate while pugging, okay. Either your ELO is so wrong that you personally are able to overpower the whole hostile team of noobs, or else ELO only maches players with similar ELOs on the same team, then matches them up against such bad players that they win almost 100% of the time.

But either way, that doesn't explain why you're claiming a 90% win rate, an almost 8/1 KDR and yet claiming that your stats read 50% win/loss.

I mean, none of this really makes sense.

EDIT: and actually, if your win/loss is 9/1 then your kdr should be higher than 8/1, particually while pugging.

El'Kharn

50% win-loss means a generous average death of once per every three games. 8 kdr means 8 kills per 3 games, means 3-4 kills per game, means you're getting, on average, almost half the kills on your team when you win, assuming that every one of your victories is from a hostile wipe and that your kills are weighted towards your victories. Yes, this is average, but that's the point, it's an average. I just don't see how it's possible that you lost enough since the start of open beta that you now only have a 50% win rate while also having a kdr of 8. That shouldn't be possible.

You're also claiming a 90% win rate while pugging, okay. Either your ELO is so wrong that you personally are able to overpower the whole hostile team of noobs, or else ELO only maches players with similar ELOs on the same team, then matches them up against such bad players that they win almost 100% of the time.

But either way, that doesn't explain why you're claiming a 90% win rate, an almost 8/1 KDR and yet claiming that your stats read 50% win/loss.

I mean, none of this really makes sense.

EDIT: and actually, if your win/loss is 9/1 then your kdr should be higher than 8/1, particually while pugging.
I'm sorry but you are just plain wrong. its as i stated.
*edit* just found the ignore option, bye Nickiepoo.

El'Kharn

What the fuck El'Kharn, Nickiepoo is a great poster and she/he barely made any controversial statements.

I'm sorry but i'm not real fond of someone implying that i am a liar and its obvious to me that nothing i say would convince him otherwise so i choose to block him.

Zaptruder

Banned
I'm sorry but you are just plain wrong. its as i stated.
*edit* just found the ignore option, bye Nickiepoo.

He's making a lot more sense than you are man.

Give us an understanding of why those otherwise extremely incongruent numbers should make sense to us.

Or at least take a screenshot of your stats to prove otherwise.

El'Kharn

Thats all anyones getting from me. Note the underlined text.

Llyranor

No one cares about your pathetic stats, stop bragging about them here. I could do those 'achievements' with a joystick. As other GAFers who play with me would know, I have a 15 kdr and W-L ratio of 95% even post-ELO. They're glad to play on my lance whenever I'm on because I always carry the team and allow them to win literally every match. There's some other GAFer on the team (Non Sense, I think his name is) who always goes 'Hakuna Matata' at the beginning of a match. At this point, most of the enemy teams we've met just disconnect once that threat appears, because it translates to 'oh CRAP, it's Llyranor!!' They're like the underleveled enemies in Earthbound that surrender when they encounter me, because they know they don't have a chance anyway. Saves everyone some time. I even have an appreciation thread on the main forums.

On an actual relevant note, I bought some Stalkers recently. Assault long-range artillery support sound good, but I wasn't too keen on how slow and vulnerable they would be.

I played around with the Awesome recently. While the 9M is the only one I'm keeping (I'm risking an XL375 on it for the extra speed, and it seems to be my most effective Awesome build regardless - I try to defend my exposed side torsos), I quite enjoyed running 2PPC builds going about 60kph (I could have added a 3rd PPC or LRMs, but I always carry short-range defenses). Since my enjoyment of the Atlas always increased a bunch since I swapped the 300 to a 350 engine (going 60+ with tweak), I figured that I might enjoy the Stalker if I could pull a 60+ build. The 300 engine does the job. I've run 2PPC builds with some close range support as well (so, I made a slow Awesome out of it, heh). Most other Stalkers I've seen probably have more firepower, but it seems they have to sacrifice too much speed or heat management or carry an XL (a death sentence on a Stalker, since they get side torso'ed all the time) or any semblance of short-range self-preservation - not my style. Though, a 275 or 280 engine might be a decent compromise.

El'Kharn

No one cares about your pathetic stats, stop bragging about them here. I could do those 'achievements' with a joystick. As other GAFers who play with me would know, I have a 15 kdr and W-L ratio of 95% even post-ELO. They're glad to play on my lance whenever I'm on because I always carry the team and allow them to win literally every match. There's some other GAFer on the team (Non Sense, I think his name is) who always goes 'Hakuna Matata' at the beginning of a match. At this point, most of the enemy teams we've met just disconnect once that threat appears, because it translates to 'oh CRAP, it's Llyranor!!' They're like the underleveled enemies in Earthbound that surrender when they encounter me, because they know they don't have a chance anyway. Saves everyone some time. I even have an appreciation thread on the main forums.
Whatever.

Haeleos

All I have is the founder's Hunchback that I got for preordering the founder's package. Does anyone have a good build for this mech or any recommendations on what to do to it/with it? I enjoy the mech's design, but it seems my AC20 gets destroyed really easily... which seems to be the main reason you'd use that mech.

Nickiepoo

A 250 engine will get it moving at 80kph. Use two lasers on the head/left arm and support an assault. When it gets stuck in, flank and support its target.

The idea is to get in and out fast and never be the main target, you're a short range skirmisher with a head-chopper rather than a straight up brawler.

All I have is the founder's Hunchback that I got for preordering the founder's package. Does anyone have a good build for this mech or any recommendations on what to do to it/with it? I enjoy the mech's design, but it seems my AC20 gets destroyed really easily... which seems to be the main reason you'd use that mech.

That was probably the hardest variant for me to find a loadout that I liked on it. 3 Machine Guns and 3 Medium Lasers would be nice if they ever decide to make the MG's not useless.

I ended up fitting mine with a STD 200 Engine, 2 Ultra AC-5's (4 tons of ammo), 2 Medium Lasers (arm mounted), 2 Double Heat Sinks, and the Endo-Steel upgrade.

I dunno how it will work for you, but I get decent performance out of it. You have to be kinda conservative with the UAC-5 ammo, since you can go through 100 shots pretty quick.

Llyranor

I'm comfortable with my Founder hunch with an AC20, 4 tons of ammo, 2 medlas, 250eng, 11 DHS+ES+FF. Going almost 90kph (once speedtweak) with an ac20 is a lot of fun :D

Nickiepoo

Any slower than that and I feel like a Cataphract 2X would be the better option (along with being an 'actual' brawler), but then, my love for the 2X is well documented in this thread.

Zaptruder

Banned
Any slower than that and I feel like a Cataphract 2X would be the better option (along with being an 'actual' brawler), but then, my love for the 2X is well documented in this thread.

The 2X is a pretty spectacular mech... I'm hard pressed to go the Flame over my 2X nowadays.

I like to build each mech so that it has an identity/unique quality unto itself; but the Flame ends up between 2 stools... I can either make it like Dragon 1C... or I can make it like a poor man's Cataphract 2X; 4ML, 1 SSRM2, 1 AC20. (my CT2X build is 1AC20, 2SRM6, 3ML).

I'll have to play around with the Flame a bit more. Maybe have 2LL, 2 Flamers. Would be amusing as hell actually.

Nickiepoo

Yeah, that's the 2X I use too. If you want an AC20 on the Flame I guess you don't even get the XL engine options that the Dragon normally relies on.

Personally I've never found the Dragon to be a good AC20 carrier given the forced short range and gimped engine. 2LLs as a primary weapon would probably work much better, that's what I run on my Treb, with streak backup.

Zaptruder

Banned
Yeah, that's the 2X I use too. If you want an AC20 on the Flame I guess you don't even get the XL engine options that the Dragon normally relies on.

Personally I've never found the Dragon to be a good AC20 carrier given the forced short range and gimped engine. 2LLs as a primary weapon would probably work much better, that's what I run on my Treb, with streak backup.

Just ran a 2LL, 2ML, 1SRM6, 1LB10x build - which worked very well. Initially had 2 Flamers on it... but the range of a flamer is pretty abysmal. Difficult (for me) to figure out if it hit as well.

Nickiepoo

Heh, you got all that on a Dragon huh. That sounds pretty nice. 6MLs + double shotguns, I might have to give that a try some time.

and yeah, Flamers are still a joke weapon right now.

So the Catapult got quirks today.... and they are all broad nerfs? Wtf. Thought each variant was supposed to get a unique quirk, instead of these 3 broad nerfs. That's not unique quirks.

Nickiepoo

Yeah, it's really just the K2 huh. Less torso twist but non-reduced arm pitch, then they've lumped all the missle varients together, weird.

I expected the ones with more slots to get reduced twist speed or something, but maybe they'll revisit this after the splash damage fix.

I'm actually really suprised that we didn't get Raven tweaks either, like a massive nerf of the 3L and a max engine boost for the others.

teepo

So the Catapult got quirks today.... and they are all broad nerfs? Wtf. Thought each variant was supposed to get a unique quirk, instead of these 3 broad nerfs. That's not unique quirks.

this left me scratching my head as well and it's even more painful since the K2 has quickly become one of my favorite mechs. i'm not sure how the recent changes measure up against other mechs, but the one thing Catapults and especially the K2 had which made them unique was their amazing ability to nearly hit targets which are fully behind them. so basically, they removed the only quirk which made them stand out from all the other mechs, other than being the easiest target in the game.

Mugaaz

I was a founder for this game and enjoyed it for a few weeks, but felt entirely pointless without faction warfare or some sort of persistent map stuff. When is this coming?

So Jagermech is here - can someone tell me what's the point of having 6 ballistic slots when 75 tons Cataphract can't mount 4 small autocannons comfortably ?

Oh well maybe one day they will make machine guns worth the tonnage.

Top Bottom