• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Medal of Honor 2010 |OT| OPERATORS OPERATING in OPERATIONS

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Holy shit, I guess Gametrailers hates Medal of Honor: Airborne so much that they forgot it exists. Nice mistake in the video review :lol

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
I'm digging it so far, really loving the little touches, this is definitely a game a lot of vets will enjoy, especially with the jokes and terminology.

Something else that is awesome that no one has mentioned, you can LEAN! :D

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
Jay-B said:
But if UE3 has such issues on consoles, while plenty of other engines don't, can it really be considered a great engine?
I pesonnaly don't have any grief against it, some games using it just look incredible -Arkham Asylum, Mirror's edge, Enslaved, Bioshock to name a few- but there are areas where it isn't up to snuff -facial animations for example.

Facial animations in Enslaved are great.

U2NUMB

Stallion Free said:
Holy shit, I guess Gametrailers hates Medal of Honor: Airborne so much that they forgot it exists. Nice mistake in the video review :lol

I noticed that right away... sort of made me wonder how much research they do but I am sure its just a little slip.

Jb

_tetsuo_ said:
Facial animations in Enslaved are great.
Yeah you're right I realized it after posting. But in most UE3 games character faces look very plasticy if you know what I mean.

Chrange said:
I should now that the show's back on.
sheldon.png

Excellent!

Zenith

Banned
Remember that great Chinook ingress scene we saw in the trailers? It's CGI. Maybe it's because I only saw it on gametrailers SD but I didn't realise.

Apache level was good.

Fun Factor

Formerly FTWer
Zenith said:
I don't get it, why when you have the brilliant Frostbite engine running in multiplayer would you choose UE3 of all engines to run the singleplayer?

Doesn't the single player look great, while the multiplayer looks like ass.

Yeah, not a good indication of Frostbite engine.

...Well I gave it a shot, turns out I really am not a fan of this game (PS3 version). I'd like to play the PC version (MP only; SP can suck it). Edit: How's the online performance for everyone else (PS3)? ...Been pretty laggy for myself so far.

And WTF at the visuals/graphics/framerate (MP). Doesn't look like 'complete' horseshit but in comparision to BFBC2/Frost engine 2.0...it's hardly flattering to know this uses a modified version of said engine.

Alienshogun said:
I'm digging it so far, really loving the little touches, this is definitely a game a lot of vets will enjoy, especially with the jokes and terminology.

Something else that is awesome that no one has mentioned, you can LEAN! :D
Yes, this. Lean is good, as is the writing overall. It's not all WE'RE OSCAR MIKE in your ear 400 times.
Instead it's WILCO lol

Anyway, I'm almost done with the campaign, about 4-5 hours in. It's actually pretty solid, and more than just the shooting galleries we've become accustomed to in the CoD series. There's one setpiece in particular that I thought was incredible (
Holding position in the hut when the huge group of Taliban are advancing on you and chipping away the hut piece by piece with RPG's... holy shit was that exhilarating
).

One thing I love about Hard mode is that these enemies don't have an unfair advantage in health that most games usually use in Hard ("Enemies are bullet sponges; you are made of glass" thing). Unfortunately, they aren't the smartest enemies out there - they very rarely attempt to flank you unless they're scripted to do so.

But yeah, so far I'm enjoying the SP significantly more than MW2's.

EDIT: To above poster, performance seems fine to me. Only problem is the Unreal engine, which results in some ugly texture pop-in or textureless goats.

Revolutionary said:
Yes, this. Lean is good, as is the writing overall. It's not all WE'RE OSCAR MIKE in your ear 400 times.
Instead it's WILCO lol

Anyway, I'm almost done with the campaign, about 4-5 hours in. It's actually pretty solid, and more than just the shooting galleries we've become accustomed to in the CoD series. There's one setpiece in particular that I thought was incredible (
Holding position in the hut when the huge group of Taliban are advancing on you and chipping away the hut piece by piece with RPG's... holy shit was that exhilarating
).

One thing I love about Hard mode is that these enemies don't have an unfair advantage in health that most games usually use in Hard ("Enemies are bullet sponges; you are made of glass" thing). Unfortunately, they aren't the smartest enemies out there - they very rarely attempt to flank you unless they're scripted to do so.

But yeah, so far I'm enjoying the SP significantly more than MW2's.

EDIT: To above poster, performance seems fine to me. Only problem is the Unreal engine, which results in some ugly texture pop-in or textureless goats.

How many times do the soliders in the game say the name of the developer? 20?
I loved the same setpiece you did.
I never though I'd make it out alive!

What in the fuck are you guys even talking about in here?

The online is broken after 800 betas on day 1 and none of you are saying a word about it.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
DevelopmentArrested said:
How many times do the soliders in the game say the name of the developer? 20?
I loved the same setpiece you did.
I never though I'd make it out alive!

You do realize that danger close has actual meaning aside from the developers name, yes?
It's pretty important.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Enosh said:
I think he knows what danger close means

he just has a problem with too much of it being used in the game

which is a personal preference, some people don't like it, some do

I am in the second group

Well, with the amount of CAS, and fire in the game, it will be used a lot, so it's a non issue. Seems like bitching just to bitch imo.

Enosh said:
I think he knows what danger close means

he just has a problem with too much of it being used in the game

which is a personal preference, some people don't like it, some do
Bingo. I think this may be lost on a 'layman'.

NullPointer said:
All of this single versus multiplayer talk makes it seem obvious there is money to be made by selling them individually.

Step 1: $40 for either a campaign package or multiplayer package.
Step 2: Each package comes with a single use $20 discount towards the other aspect of the game.
Step 3: Profit.

Set the bar at 8-12 hours for the campaign, and 12-15 maps for multiplayer. Win.
A 12 hour FPS nowadays seems almost impossible.

Synless said:
I'm the opposite of you. I play the story and leave the MP portion alone after a few hours, I get bored of MP very easily.
All of this single versus multiplayer talk makes it seem obvious there is money to be made by selling them individually.

Step 1: $40 for either a campaign package or multiplayer package.
Step 2: Each package comes with a single use $20 discount towards the other aspect of the game.
Step 3: Profit.

Set the bar at 8-12 hours for the campaign, and 12-15 maps for multiplayer. Win.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Bingo. I think this may be lost on a 'layman'.

Well, since you couldn't figure out how to properly make an avatar according to the FAQ, I just figured you didn't know what you were talking about here either, not a hard conclusion to jump to.

Regardless, it's still bitching just to bitch, which is just about all you have done here.

Victrix said:
Are you for real?
Haven't you been to Afghanistan and seen the textureless goats there?

Alienshogun said:
Well, since you couldn't figure out how to properly make an avatar according to the FAQ, I just figured you didn't know what you were talking about here either, not a hard conclusion to jump to.

Regardless, it's still bitching just to bitch, which is just about all you have done here.
No mention of my junior member status? I mean, since we're going for the low hanging fruit and all. Bitching to bitch is funny though, considering almost all my complaints about the game have been brought up in these 6/10 reviews. But do carry on.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
No mention of my junior member status? I mean, since we're going for the low hanging fruit and all. Bitching to bitch is funny though, considering almost all my complaints about the game have been brought up in these 6/10 reviews.

I would, but it's too easy, especially since it's clear you have been busted about multiple things, with your having been here so long but being labeled as a junior AND having your avatar rights revoked. No need to stomp on the throat when a simple kick to the gut will due.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Dark FaZe said:
What in the fuck are you guys even talking about in here?

The online is broken after 800 betas on day 1 and none of you are saying a word about it.

Multiplayer part of a game has issues on launch day, news at 11.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Revolutionary said:
BFBC2 all over again.
BFBC2 didnt work for the first two weeks or something like that and then there was an entire month with game breaking lag. (It was a server provider faulty hardware)

Kydd BlaZe

This piece of shit isn't even playable online right now.

The fuck was the point of having 3 fucking betas!? :mad:

And EA wants to sell 3 million copies of this shit?...yeah good luck with that.

Omiee

when i first get in to the mission i cant see my gun, its all blurry and shit how can i solve this.
im playing on pc and everything on high.

sdornan

Kydd BlaZe said:
This piece of shit isn't even playable online right now.
Not to worry, by the time you're done with single player the online multiplayer will be working.

Oh wait, now I think I understand the problem.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
hehehe
broken online is awesome

It's inexcusable but seemingly so common on launch day, I don't even blink an eye. Sad that I have grown to expect failure.

Just completed the gunfighters mission. I'm really enjoying it. My house is rocking with the audio. The best moment in the game
so far was defending the house at the end of the mission belly of the beast. Just wave after wave of guys as your cover slowly disappears. I love moments where a game throws everything at you. Including a truck, literally.
:lol

Finally freakin came! I only got to play the first mission though but I quite enjoyed it. Have to put more time into it tomorrow. One thing about EA shooters I have to say is that the sound is pretty amazing.

Top Bottom