• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Medal of Honor 2010 |OT| OPERATORS OPERATING in OPERATIONS

kuYuri

I think this is the first major shooter in which literally no one on my friends list is even playing it. I'm the only one who got the game it seems.

Strider2K99 said:
I think this is the first major shooter in which literally no one on my friends list is even playing it. I'm the only one who got the game it seems.

It's quite low on the Steam top 100 list. It hasn't been released world wide though, so maybe it'll climb...

heringer

Finished the campaign. Pretty solid shooter overall. Buggy as hell though.

I like that they went with a more sober direction, in contrast with Modern Warfare's wackyness. It's a nice change of pace, though it doesn't have as many memorable moments.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
The more I play it the more I like it. I heard some guys bitching earlier about it in game, then I gave them some tips, like ammo crates on the map, and not to sprint everywhere, and use smoke. None of which they had a clue about.

Rocking Rifleman with silencer ACOG and extra mags. Nice kit.

mr_nothin

Banned
Alienshogun said:
The more I play it the more I like it. I heard some guys bitching earlier about it in game, then I gave them some tips, like ammo crates on the map, and not to sprint everywhere, and use smoke. None of which they had a clue about.

Silencer + smokes = sniper's nightmare.

acevans2

Holy fuck, Frontline's opening mission on Hard is BRUTAL. How the hell am I supposed to stay alive while manning the machine gun? Advice?

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
acevans2 said:
Holy fuck, Frontline's opening mission on Hard is BRUTAL. How the hell am I supposed to stay alive while manning the machine gun? Advice?
Are there checkpoints? That pissed me off in the PS2 version I have.

aristotle

Alienshogun said:
Yep, too many people either don't know about all the game mechanics, or don't use them.

Few know about them mechanics.

Also Combat Mission (game type) sucks terribly. It is so lopsided it's not even fun, even when you're winning since moving up comes at a severe cost to you "tickets". They really need to fix this shit. After I put in my 2 hours on it, I'll never touch it again unless they do a major overhaul of it. Do NOT play this mode until you're accustomed to the game. Sadly it's the first mode you can select in the list (outside of the random gametype) so I think some pick it by accident. Snipers camp spawn points, they spawn you on top of hills with no cover, 120 tickets sounds fair until you loose about 5 at a time. Muzzle flash is almost non-existant even without the supressor. That same rotation snow level is possibly one of the worst maps I ever played. So in closing: if you're a cheap ass sniper who camps, you'll love that mode. UGH!

kuYuri

Wow... towards the end of the campaign mission Belly of the Beast, I've been given a checkpoint in which I will always die no matter how many times I start it. It's the part where
your squad is pinned down and then a few Taliban get into a truck and drive it into the hut you take cover in. I survived, but get gunned down from behind soon after that. I get the checkpoint right when the truck crashes into the hut. As soon as I begin the checkpoint, the truck runs me over and I die. I have absolutely no time to get out of the way.

Fucking fail Danger Close. Now I have to restart the whole mission again now.

kevm3

I have to concur with the notion that the more I play it, the more I like it. This is pure shooting gameplay here. It obviously didn't have enough sparklies and dazzlers for IGN, but if you just sit back, learn the system, then this game will draw you in.

maks

Adam J. said:
I also rented it and just beat the SP.

I thought the game was pretty damn impressive, overall, until they hit you with the horribly written "we're exploiting soldiers, but let's pretend that we really care" tribute and the Linkin Park song.

it was written by the soldiers that consulted on the game

Alienshogun said:

I have to agree-the more I play it, the more I'm into it. I'm consistently in the top 3 on my team, and I'm digging the pure gunplay. I don't know about you, but when I get my rewards, I ALWAYS choose the defensive one. The times I've tried the offensive ones I can never kill anyone.

kevm3 said:
I have to concur with the notion that the more I play it, the more I like it. This is pure shooting gameplay here. It obviously didn't have enough sparklies and dazzlers for IGN, but if you just sit back, learn the system, then this game will draw you in.

I agree, I'm a hardcore Call Of Duty fan, played a lot of Battlefield as well. First, it felt a lot similar to Battlefield but after playing the multiplayer all night, logging in 3 hours in game time, this game is growing on me.

I'm liking it so far, especially the hardcore mode which is the only thing I played the past few hours.

Give it some time and keep playing, you'll like it. My major concern for the multiplayer is how many people using snipers, it is really annoying.

So the only complaint I have with the single player is the second mission. The rest of the game is so awesome. And the end of the mission before the apache mission, goosebumps galore.

venom2124

Alienshogun said:
Yep, too many people either don't know about all the game mechanics, or don't use them.
I'm one of them. How do you use smoke? Ive played about 3 hours of the multi and haven't stumbled across it.

darkwing

why doesn't anyone use smoke against the snipers? lols you really don't want to run in the open with all of the defenders being snipers

Zinga

Banned
Finished the campaign, it was short but overall I think it's a really good single player experience that certainly competes with MW2, haven't tried the multiplayer yet but I will give it a go soon. Playing the single player alone I don't know how anyone could give it less than an 8, I would give it an 8.5 if it was longer it would be a 9.

For the average CoD player, I don't see why they would ignore Medal of Honor. Honestly i'm having a real hard trouble seeing why anyone would give CoD a 9+ and this game a 6!

aristotle

Re-reading what I typed last night makes it seem like I disliked the MP aspect. In fact I love MP on this game. It's just that one game mode that I really don't like and it mostly stems from that one map. For some reason the snow level pops up almost every time. I've put almost 2 hours already into the mode and I've played a total of 5 or 6 games. Only once have I played a map different than the snow level. I do know to use smoke, but when they spawn you on top of a hill with a clearing and no cover anywhere, it's almost impossible to make it to cover while the entire team camps your spawn point. I just haven't had fun with this mode at all. Sabotage I've had a blast with. I loved the deathmatch so far. Only that singe mode I really dislike. Anyone who is on the fence should definitely try this game out. Personally I think it's the best of both worlds in terms of Call of Duty and Battlefield:BC2.

Dalauz

idk whats going on but after the third mission the game look amazing. EA outsourcing assets?

Basically after the first Ranger mission the game look awesome

PC version, almost 5hs (4:40 or so) to beat the SP in Normal

G_Berry

Banned
Anyone know why it takes half a clip in the face to kill someone in hardcore mode? (PC)

What the fuck did they do to this game after the last beta?

Dyno

I've played through about half of the single player and found it to be a solid, good-looking B-rated shooter. I've seen buggy things happen but the headshot action is just fine.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
darkwing said:
why doesn't anyone use smoke against the snipers? lols you really don't want to run in the open with all of the defenders being snipers

Rifleman is really the anti sniper, especially when you unlock the silencer and ACOG.

venom2124 said:
I'm one of them. How do you use smoke? Ive played about 3 hours of the multi and haven't stumbled across it.

Yep, grenades for Rifleman are replaced with smoke grenades, you get one until you hit max level (or run to a ammo box).

No_Style

DennisK4 said:
Currently playing the SP campaign on Normal and maybe I should have gone with Hard. Not really that challenging so far.

Started on Hard mode straight away. Not dying much if I'm using the leaning and popping off guys. So far my deaths have come from silly Trophy hunting things like rushing around stabbing dudes.

U2NUMB

No_Style said:
Started on Hard mode straight away. Not dying much if I'm using the leaning and popping off guys. So far my deaths have come from silly Trophy hunting things like rushing around stabbing dudes.

Yep is very easy but honestly id rather have this than the veteran COD play through which for me was always such a chore.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
U2NUMB said:
Yep is very easy but honestly id rather have this than the veteran COD play through which for me was always such a chore.
If it's such a chore then don't play on Veteran. How hard is that?

acevans2

After the first few missions, I enjoy the campaign because it doesn't feel like a Michael Bay movie. Like that other franchise.

NinjaBoiX

Stallion Free said:
Yeah, fuck CoD Veteran. On War Pig on CoD4, if you don't go prone instantly, like, hold-the-prone-button-while-it loads instantly, you will die. I stopped right there. Just played MW2 on normal, much more fun!

U2NUMB

Stallion Free said:

? This is after playing through those games on other difficulty levels. The games are no longer fun when on Veteran. At least not to me. I find them very unbalanced and artificially hard they way they adjust the game.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
U2NUMB said:
? This is after playing through those games on other difficulty levels. The games are no longer fun when on Veteran. At least not to me. I find them very unbalanced and artificially hard they way they adjust the game.
I'm trying to help you understand that no one is forcing Veteran upon you.

kuYuri

This game will not last very long for me. None of my friends even bought it. Guess I'll just earn whatever achievements I can and trade it in for CoD.

U2NUMB

Stallion Free said:
I'm trying to help you understand that no one is forcing Veteran upon you.

Perhaps I am not making myself clear. I enjoy a game that is playable on all difficulty levels. Now MOH might go way too far in the other direction (too easy) but I was just comparing the highest difficulty in the two games. I realize nobody is forcing me to play on any level. I was doing a comparison thing and perhaps did not state the point of my original post well.

aristotle

schennmu said:
I'm about to head out and pick this up. Is the PS3 version ok? (not willing to buy gold at the moment)

No issues here that I've seen. The loading can be obnoxious when switch from SP to Mp though, but I think that happens on the 360 too. I haven't had a problem connecting to any game yet.

Top Bottom