• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Medal of Honor 2010 |OT| OPERATORS OPERATING in OPERATIONS

Nizz

Strider2K99 said:
I think this is the first major shooter in which literally no one on my friends list is even playing it. I'm the only one who got the game it seems.
So far I'm the only one on my list (PS3) who's playing it. I've got mixed feelings about the game so far. I'm the type to always finish a single player campaign (or most of it) but this game has been so-so for me.

The biggest thing for me is how this game seems to lack polish. It's like they needed another month and a half in the oven. When things get really hectic, the framerate can drop pretty bad.

I've been having fun with the multiplayer though. As much as I love the COD games, it's kind of refreshing not dying to air support, near invincible runners with 10 foot knife lunges, and noob tubes. :)

Strider2K99 said:
This game will not last very long for me. None of my friends even bought it. Guess I'll just earn whatever achievements I can and trade it in for CoD.
When a shooter of this caliber has only 19 pages on GAF you can get the general idea of how the long term online community of this game is going to be.

kuYuri

purple cobra said:
So far I'm the only one on my list (PS3) who's playing it. I've got mixed feelings about the game so far. I'm the type to always finish a single player campaign (or most of it) but this game has been so-so for me.

The biggest thing for me is how this game seems to lack polish. It's like they needed another month and a half in the oven. When things get really hectic, the framerate can drop pretty bad.

I've been having fun with the multiplayer though. As much as I love the COD games, it's kind of refreshing not dying to air support, near invincible runners with 10 foot knife lunges, and noob tubes. :)

I agree, it definitely needed a few months of polish, especially for single-player.

Multiplayer is decent, but I'm already starting to get annoyed by some of the mechanics. Also, not having any friends to play with = me being on the losing team often, especially in Combat Mission.

The Omega Man said:
When a shooter of this caliber has only 19 pages on GAF you can get the general idea of how the long term online community of this game is going to be.
Well there are so many modes and so many maps, the possibilities are endless...

aristotle

Strider2K99 said:
I agree, it definitely needed a few months of polish, especially for single-player.

Multiplayer is decent, but I'm already starting to get annoyed by some of the mechanics. Also, not having any friends to play with = me being on the losing team often, especially in Combat Mission.

Combat Mission is the problem. Any other mode is fun though. Sabotage is fun if you're looking for a good objective playtype.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
schennmu said:
I'm about to head out and pick this up. Is the PS3 version ok? (not willing to buy gold at the moment)

Not a single problem yet, runs just fine on PS3.

hellclerk

Everything is tsundere to me
Well, since people are complaining about not having friends to play with, does someone want to make up the console online meetup thread? I'll make the PC one by friday, but we are missing something...

hellclerk

dreamer3kx said:
Im enjoying the single player so far but I think I will get tired of modern warfare just as I got tired of WW era games.
Well to be fair, Modern into Future games have more room for scope and weapons. the thing is, you can only replicate the feel of an M1A1 or an MP40 so many times before it gets dull. Though with modern shooters, there's a significantly larger catalog of weapons that can be used. Heck, you could make a realistic, down to earth shooter of any era with entirely unique weapon set. That's what I think the makers of these games have to be careful about. Having only these SUPERULTRA TACTICOOL OPERATORS do create a stretch on the feeling of the game, because they work with very sort of skeleton OPERATOR character type and starts becoming samey through the overuse of NPC character tropes.

Concept17

purple cobra said:

Yup. The pacing is nice, and its great to have the focus on guns again and not 20 different ways to kill someone. Gunplay > random ass features of death.

Omiee

this is what i get, i cant see my gun, how do i fix this

2ai0f41.jpg

Cornbread78

Maybe it's just my clan, but Tuesday night there were about 15 people on my buddy list playing it, and another 5 or 6 that I partied with that I couldn't even add because my PSN is full. The game is a ton of fun and I can't wait to play it again tomorrow night! I just hope they add spawn invincibility for a couple seconds so it limits spawn whoring, and increase squad/party size, 4 is just waay too small.

If you need people to play with shoot me a PSN message at: Cornbread78 and I'll give you some names to add, hell I may start using my sub-account to add some peeps

hellclerk

Omiee said:
this is what i get, i cant see my gun, how do i fix this

AcidGun.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]
Well, the usuals. Try updating your graphics drivers, change some settings around as well as you can and try again.

wallbc01

Neo Member
So I finished the SP last night. Really enjoyed the gameplay and the little bit of story that was there. I really like the big moments of the game and they changed the pace up enough throughout the story to keep me interested. I think I finished it in about 5 hours on hard. I liked that the enemies weren't bullet sponges on hard and that two shots didn't kill me. Only ran into one spot where I had to reload a checkpoint because something got messed up. There was also only about one area where I got lost and went somewhere I wasn't suppose to go yet. Didn't notice any crazy framerate issues that made the game unbearable but I usually don't notice those unless they are awful and game breaking. Overall SP is very solid.

I have sunk probably 3 hours into the MP and I really like it so far. Use to play a lot of MW1, Killzone 2 and MAG the past few years and this game stacks up pretty good to those so far. Really hated MW2 and traded it in a couple months after release. Love that there are not any perks that make the game bs and frustrating to play. Sniping overruns some of the maps and takes a team to work well to use smoke to take them out. I like the score chains and I do not think they are overpowering enough to make me want to camp to try and get them. The best part of MP, like most people have already said, is the gunplay. The guns feel great to shoot. I really wish there were more maps in the game but that is a problem every FPS has when it comes out. This game will def be able to hold me over until Killzone 3 comes out next year.

Omiee

doomed1 said:
Well, the usuals. Try updating your graphics drivers, change some settings around as well as you can and try again.

are there any new drivers outr for the gtx 470 than..?

Salsa

Insalling this (PC) as i post.

Will i have fun with the SP component gaf ? i really liked the campaigns of both Modern Warfares, but didnt really liked the one in Bad Company 2.

kevm3

I'm starting ot get of the opinion that they need to make the blast radius of grenades bigger. There's no other way to clear teams who like to sit around and camp entrances.

Roxas

Online is totally broken to me (PS3). Cant run in a straight line. Soooooo much lag and have been d/c in 3 of my last 5 games. Im the fool though for thinking EA would have this all sorted after the shambles that is FIFA 11 online.

venom2124

SalsaShark said:
Insalling this (PC) as i post.

Will i have fun with the SP component gaf ? i really liked the campaigns of both Modern Warfares, but didnt really liked the one in Bad Company 2.
I loved the campaign, though it is short. I rank it behind cod4 and waw's campaign, but miles better than mw2's campaign.

hellclerk

venom2124 said:
I loved the campaign, though it is short. I rank it behind cod4 and waw's campaign, but miles better than mw2's campaign.
Really? I thought MW2's campaign was a riproaring good time. WaW's was kinda weak though...

Anyway, can't really say, I still need to play it. I still have to wait for my motherboard...

Choc

Banned
you guys are going to laugh at me but whatever.

Medal of Honor has deeply affected me. I know that you guys are like well you're just tryign to sell it blah blah but hear me out, i actually don't think the game is that good so this is NOT a sales pitch.

I fired up final code last night (which finally had all the polish and levels etc) and played through the majority of the campaign. The first hour or so i actually sat there wondering if i should be playing this, should I be having 'entertainment' from a current theatre of war. Should I be diluting what is going down in afghanistan to a video game

I kept playing and started to feel ok about playing the game until the ranger missions. Hoo boy once you unlock and see those you start to see potentially what they are facing in the real world right now and it really got to me. The game depressed me like nothing else. I have not felt this bad after playing a game since manhunt, where you really did have to go smell some flowers to feel better about yourself after playing it. This too does the same to me.

The fact we have lost a number of soldiers this year in the war, also brings it home. It's on the news every day and I am struggling with the concept of playing through a 'current' war

I know you guys will be like whatever its a video game, but if we want to push this medium forward, its discussions and feelings like this that we should be having. The hurt locker did the same to a lot of people who watched it and won many oscars. MOH is not an oscar winning game (its not great as i said) but to evoke such emotions is a potentially incredible achievement.

Salsa

Alright, game is fun. Something like 3 missions in, and its nothing mindblowing or out of the ordinary, but its fun.

It looks good too, except for some weird places when its hard to see enemies because of the crowded environment/shadows/etc

case in point:

QLN1v.jpg

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Roxas said:
Online is totally broken to me (PS3). Cant run in a straight line. Soooooo much lag and have been d/c in 3 of my last 5 games. Im the fool though for thinking EA would have this all sorted after the shambles that is FIFA 11 online.

I dunno, I am on the PS3 as well and havent' had any DCs or lag problems in about 10 hours of play...

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
SalsaShark said:
Alright, game is fun. Something like 3 missions in, and its nothing mindblowing or out of the ordinary, but its fun.

It looks good too, except for some weird places when its hard to see enemies because of the crowded environment/shadows/etc

case in point:

QLN1v.jpg

Enemies hard to see in war you say? :lol

Salsa

Alienshogun said:
Enemies hard to see in war you say? :lol

You know what i mean. I mean it in a bad way :p

Also, im playing on Hard and its still almost a cakewalk. At least for now.

Spookie

I only paid £17 for this on the PC and I don't even think it was worth that. Rubber banding and getting shot round corners?

Modern Warfare 2 has better netcode than this. :lol

... :(

FLEABttn

Banned
I found it to be enjoyable. High 7's to mid 8's seem appropriate. The 6 something IGN gave it seems out of place as I usually associate something in the 6's as having something fundamentally broken but still playable.
The music in the last level was really well done
. I enjoyed it more than most of the Call of Duty's.

Can you do no spawn on that objective mode (not the Assault/Rush one, the other) to make it like Search and Destroy (PC version)?

Najaf

I am enjoying the single player on PC with KBM. I would love to use my 360 pad, as I am feeling a little disconnected from the controls right now. I can tab through the menu with it, but the inputs seem to end there. There are also no options relevant in the controls menu. Anyone know how to get this up and running?

FLEABttn

Banned
Datwheezy said:
To the people who have beaten it, how long is the SP campaign roughly?

I think it took me closer to 6. It's not long by any means. It definitely could have used more time in the oven.

Najaf said:
I am enjoying the single player on PC with KBM. I would love to use my 360 pad, as I am feeling a little disconnected from the controls right now. I can tab through the menu with it, but the inputs seem to end there. There are also no options relevant in the controls menu. Anyone know how to get this up and running?
Did you go to set your controls, and when it prompts you to input a key, press a button on the pad.

Do you normally play PC shooters? You should stick with it, being good with a mouse can bring out some crazy moments and it gets more fun over time. At first it's a pain.

This game is linear as can be yet I find myself stuck in this part, its when
crash in the heli with a knife only
, I see a opening between the rocks up the pathway where I can kill a terrorist but where do I go from here, doesn't let me go down from there.

Najaf

Mr Sandman said:
Did you go to set your controls, and when it prompts you to input a key, press a button on the pad.

Do you normally play PC shooters? You should stick with it, being good with a mouse can bring out some crazy moments and it gets more fun over time. At first it's a pain.

I play shooters on the PC, but not nearly as much as on consoles. I only recently built a rig for SCII and Civ V so I've been out of the game for a bit as far as PC gaming goes. Thanks for the tips.

dreamer3kx said:
This game is linear as can be yet I find myself stuck in this part, its when
crash in the heli with a knife only
, I see a opening between the rocks up the pathway where I can kill a terrorist but where do I go from here, doesn't let me go down from there.

You just crouch and knife attack him.

Rated-Rsuperstar said:
You just crouch and knife attack him. Then once you you kill the two guys standing at the edge of the cliff, you go left along the edge.

Theres only one dude there that you can knife for me, I dont see anyone else there.

Rated-Rsuperstar said:
Well once you attack him a cutscene takes over and then you can continue.

Hmm something must be up then, Ill restart the mission, I kill him and nothing.

Edit: Found out what was wrong, there was a lose gun after that scene that I picked up, only can use the knife there.

Top Bottom