• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Medal of Honor 2010 |OT| OPERATORS OPERATING in OPERATIONS

Yopis

RoboPlato said:
I've been having some disgusting lag today. When I try to play MoH online I have to make 3 steps in order to travel forward the equivalent of one because it keeps snapping me back to the spot I started from. Anyone else having the same issues? I checked my modem and everything seems to be fine. Other games and Netflix are working flawlessly.

Had the same problem today only when playing hardcore. After a few hours it went away for me. (360)

krioto

Does anyone know if you are matched with players that have the same aiming option set as you do?

I use no aim assist, and as I've just started playing online (less than 1000 skill), I seem to be up playing against people with vastly superior skill scores.

So, are people with aim assist matched together, and those without matched together, or does each online game include both?? thanks

U2NUMB

If anyone was looking for a stat sig it looks like they released an official facebook stat app. Under the Extras tab you can find the info to post this

http://www.facebook.com/apps/application.php?id=151706098202499

The end result looks like this.

mohstats.jpg

Cornbread78

krioto said:
Does anyone know if you are matched with players that have the same aiming option set as you do?

I use no aim assist, and as I've just started playing online (less than 1000 skill), I seem to be up playing against people with vastly superior skill scores.

So, are people with aim assist matched together, and those without matched together, or does each online game include both?? thanks

MAtchmaking, the squad system and communication when joining games is all essentially broken ATM. Hopefully they patch this all soon.

Also, still beware not to check the score menu during game. I was haveing an awesome game (18-5) I was on my 6 score chain, I had just dropped a missile and got a crap load of points and went to check how many kills I got, then FREEZE. The game froze, I didn't get my rocket trophy and the system didn't save my stats. I had to reboot. Talk about total BS..!

Man, I went so far negative over the weekend because of al the sniping and spawn camping. I'mm have to do a bunch of TDMs and get positive again...

sig.php

darkwing

Clean Sweep preview

http://www.rundlc.com/news/medal-of-honor-clean-sweep-multiplayer-preview-xbox-live-psn/
Releasing November 2nd for both Xbox Live and PlayStation Network, the DLC adds a new mode to competitive multiplayer called Clean Sweep, which should be a frantic and adrenaline fueled affair with devastating consequences, if you’re on the receiving end of enemy gunfire.

In it, two teams square off in three four-minute rounds, where the first group to record two victories wins the match. What makes it interesting, though, is the elimination aspect. There are no re-spawns in Clean Sweep, so you’ll need slaughter everyone to succeed. Of course, if you take a bullet to the head, you won’t return until the next round.

Trailer
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AZrtDdVWI2g&feature=player_embedded

aristotle

Clan Sweep sounds interesting. Just as long as it's anti-camping, I'm down for it. I'll keep my view of it open, but I see it degenerating quickly into sniping fests.

Enosh

PC patch 2

A second PC patch is on the way for Medal of Honor's multiplayer. We have been working on the feedback from the forums that you posted during the PC beta. We are listening to your major concerns and are pleased to show you the change/fix list.

GENERAL
• Fixed the scenario when joining a friend on a password protected server caused a hang
• Ribbons and medals appear on unranked servers
• Jumping and shooting at the same time now affects the ability to be accurate with the weapons
• Added aiming spot in binoculars in hardcore mode
• Holding your breath and moving forward no longer takes you out of scope
• Modifications in weapon behaviour *see weapon tweaks below
• Increased the points needed to win a Domination/TDM game
-- Increased TDM score from 1200 to 1400 points
-- Increased Sector Control score from 1800 to 2600 points
• Decreased accuracy while shooting from the hip
• Cut points from score chain rewards in half
• Addressed the sniper rifle damage to bring the sniper rifle more in line with the other kits
• Increased the amount of recoil and spread *see weapon tweaks below
• Changed immortal time to 1.9 from 1.6 seconds after spawn to prevent the scenario of spawning in the open only to be shot on spawn in

WEAPONS
• Assault Rifles
-- Increased recoil
-- Deviation
--- Increased deviation when not zooming
--- Deviation bug fixed (increased while shooting)
-- Lowered close range damage
-- Jumping deviation increased
• Carbines
-- Increased recoil
-- Deviation
--- Increased deviation when not zooming
--- Deviation increses faster than assault rifles
--- Deviation bug fixed (increased while shooting)
-- Jumping deviation increased
• Sniper rifles
-- Headshot does the most damage
-- Less damage from bolt action
--- 2 shots to kill on body from long range
--- 1 shot on body from short range
---- Normal: 8m
---- Ammo 2: 10m
---- Range: 9.6m
-- Increased recoil on semi-automatic
• Soldier
-- Damage by hit point
--- Head
---- Headshots as before
--- Body
---- Body shots as before
--- Arms and legs
---- 20% less damage

http://www.medalofhonor.com/blog/2010/10/pc-patch-2

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
darkwing said:
Sounds like the old team deathmatch in action quake. The average round should run something like this
- Everyone rushes to choke points and get in position - the more unexpected the position the better
- one team tries to breach a chokepoint
- chaos ensues
- ideally last couple of guys duel it out and a team wins
- non-ideally one guy is camping way from the action and the opposition have to run around the entire map trying to find him while all the dead people spectate and talk crap about the camping guy
It worked best with circular maps where breaching a chokepoint would put you behind the opposition.
Any word if this mode is coming to PC any time soon?

This game is fucking broken. Just finished up all the online trophies so I won't be touching that again. Two hours of Objective Raid.... Jesus. What were they thinking with some of these map designs and spawn locations? On most of them in Objective Raid the attacking team has the superior position on the map so if they keep 1 or 2 or 9 guys back to snipe it becomes a spawn camping frenzy. And the best part is that even though they have the high ground and great spots to see your entire base, you can't go and kill them because the game tells you to "get back into the battle" and counts down a timer that kills you if you don't :lol So you have to hope you have a good sniper rifle unlocked, hope you can spawn without instantly being shot, hope if you aren't instantly shot that you can run for cover before being shot, if you make it to cover, hope one of the constant raining of mortar or missiles or artillery doesn't get you, if you're still alive you gotta find a sniping spot (good luck), and then hope you can kill someone before the army of snipers on the other side in superior position don't kill you first. Oh, and by the way, defend the two objectives. Fuck :lol

And that doesn't even take into account how broken Combat Mission is, where everyone and their fucking dog want to be snipers. GL doing shit in this mode unless teamed up with a bunch of your friends. Otherwise you'll just sit helplessly watching your tickets bleed away while 75% of your team are camping far away from the objectives racking up streaks. And it's easy to see why people do it. If I get 50 kills with my M4A1 but still somehow only finish 100 points or so ahead of a guy who only got 20 kills but had 1 death and was sniping the whole time, why not? Done with this shit. Was going to wait for the new maps and modes but it's just going to be more broken BS. At least the SP was very entertaining.

Nizz

Cornbread78 said:
MAtchmaking, the squad system and communication when joining games is all essentially broken ATM. Hopefully they patch this all soon.

Also, still beware not to check the score menu during game. I was haveing an awesome game (18-5) I was on my 6 score chain, I had just dropped a missile and got a crap load of points and went to check how many kills I got, then FREEZE. The game froze, I didn't get my rocket trophy and the system didn't save my stats. I had to reboot. Talk about total BS..!

Man, I went so far negative over the weekend because of al the sniping and spawn camping. I'mm have to do a bunch of TDMs and get positive again...

sig.php
Oh man, that's happened to me too. I mentioned it in an earlier post. I went to check the scoreboard and boom, the game froze. The game also seems to freeze for a second if someone on my PSN friend list signs off.

I wonder if this happens to people on 360?

darkwing

purple cobra said:
Oh man, that's happened to me too. I mentioned it in an earlier post. I went to check the scoreboard and boom, the game froze. The game also seems to freeze for a second if someone on my PSN friend list signs off.

I wonder if this happens to people on 360?

yup the game freezes for a moment whenever there is a PSN notification tsk tsk

Bumblebeetuna said:

Im torn whether I want to sell this or not. I know I'll want it around for the Battlefield 3 beta, but the multiplayer is terrible. LOVED it day one, but as you said, everyone and their dog is a sniper and only a sniper. A new gamemode doesnt do much for me, as every game mode is nothing more than a sniper battle with stuff your teammates are NOT going to go after and/or protect.

demolitio

Did anyone get the M21 skin from the Dr. Pepper promo? I can't tell ANY difference between the camo skin and normal M21. The new reflex sight on the U.S. side is amazing though.

Also, does anyone know how to throw more C4/IED's before detonating? I used to know how to do it but I can't figure it out again. I'm tired of throwing one IED at the Bradley to hurt it and then have to throw another one to kill it. :lol

That patch looks nice. Can't wait to see the fallout from the sniper tweak. I'm usually a riflemen so I hope the recoil and deviation don't screw me up. Is it just me or does the G3 suck?

demolitio said:
Did anyone get the M21 skin from the Dr. Pepper promo? I can't tell ANY difference between the camo skin and normal M21. The new reflex sight on the U.S. side is amazing though.

Also, does anyone know how to throw more C4/IED's before detonating? I used to know how to do it but I can't figure it out again. I'm tired of throwing one IED at the Bradley to hurt it and then have to throw another one to kill it. :lol

That patch looks nice. Can't wait to see the fallout from the sniper tweak. I'm usually a riflemen so I hope the recoil and deviation don't screw me up. Is it just me or does the G3 suck?
The G3 is worthless at the moment. It's way too weak.

hellclerk

Everything is tsundere to me
aristotle said:
Clan Sweep sounds interesting. Just as long as it's anti-camping, I'm down for it. I'll keep my view of it open, but I see it degenerating quickly into sniping fests.
Yeah, this sort of mode is going to tend to be a camp-fest, if only because it punishes risky action by not having a second chance to win one for the team, and improving campers and bolt action users.

kitch9

Banned
I tried MP on PC last night and it seemed to look way too bright and washed out. Turning down the brightness didn't solve it much so I ended up turning it off.

SP is fine, has anybody noticed this too?

Erasus

kitch9 said:
I tried MP on PC last night and it seemed to look way too bright and washed out. Turning down the brightness didn't solve it much so I ended up turning it off.

SP is fine, has anybody noticed this too?

Dont have the game yet myself but you can turn off bloom via the .ini file.
You could also do the same in BF: Bad Company 2. (<3 PC gaming)

The configuration file you need to edit is “Settings.ini”, which can be found here.

Windows 7/Vista

C:Users[username]DocumentsMedal of HonorMultiplayersettings.ini

Windows XP

C:Documents and Settings[username]My DocumentsMedal of HonorMultiplayersettings.ini

Bloom
Effect that tries to mimic the way human eye sees a bright object right after seeing a dark object. More of an eye candy, so turn it off.
Best Performance: false (off)
Best Quality: true (on)

http://tgntimes.com/medal-of-honor-multiplayer-performance-tweak-guide/

hellclerk

Erasus said:
Awesome, just awesome! Sounds like this fixes a lot of the problems.
Honestly, I'm not as excited... Thing is, something like that screws a sniper at the mid-range. if anything, they should take the OHK out of the long range, but at close-mid range, a sniper is at a massive disadvantage, and considering how close the maps are, I'm not sure it would be as worth it if I can only make headshots beyond 10m. I don't even play sniper, it's just to nerf the class to the point of about uselessness promotes the other extreme: Constant run&gun. So I'd promote rather than just getting rid of OHKs all together, make it harder to get that hit. Put ballistics and bullet drop in sniper rifles with a combat scope or a HP scope and more sway when sighted, plus unavoidable built in sway when standing. That would make the weapon harder to use, but it wouldn't totally screw a sniper at medium ranges.

Irish

I wish Danger Close had made the MP portion as well. Maybe we could have gotten that sweet slide in MP.

I also don't understand why Dice still doesn't understand how to do some very basic party stuff like actually keeping the party together and allowing players to talk to each other during the intermissions between rounds. I mean, I can understand being split up for a round to fill a server, but as soon as people leave or at the start of the next round, the group should be put on the same side.

The single player in this game is pretty good.the multiplayer, not so much. I'm wondering how the spawn camping make it through qa? I thought this would tide my shooter hand over till cod but it looks like I'm going back to battlefield

Oh yeah,servers down on 360 also

Just beat the campaign and I actually loved it. For the most part it's not as forgettable as BC2 or CoD's campaigns.
The end level was hectic and the dedication to the soldiers was a nice touch to cap it off.

Just wish the soldiers themselves, that you play as, were memorable. Half the time I couldnt tell which one I was until another guy yelled my name.

Spl1nter

oldschoolpinball said:
The single player in this game is pretty good.the multiplayer, not so much. I'm wondering how the spawn camping make it through qa? I thought this would tide my shooter hand over till cod but it looks like I'm going back to battlefield

Oh yeah,servers down on 360 also

It would be so easy to remove the spawn camping to a degree. A slight bump in movement speed and just a lot more recoil. The recoil is a joke in the game.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Is there a fix for this glitch? The sniping mission in tier 1 mode, after I kill the first 4 guys, the mission doesnt go on. It just stays at that part with no enemies. Restarting the mission doesnt fix it

hellclerk

Wario64 said:
Is there a fix for this glitch? The sniping mission in tier 1 mode, after I kill the first 4 guys, the mission doesnt go on. It just stays at that part with no enemies. Restarting the mission doesnt fix it
You actually have to find the rest of the soldiers for yourself. Try using the thermal scope to spot enemies in the brush at range, You're probably missing something.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
doomed1 said:
You actually have to find the rest of the soldiers for yourself. Try using the thermal scope to spot enemies in the brush at range, You're probably missing something.

Thanks, got it. I thought it was a glitch since a simple google search had people stuck on it too

Just finished the SP. Great stuff. It's the first modern military FPS SP I've enjoyed since CoD4, and seems to be a lot more grounded in reality. Some of the scenic shots were beautiful as well.

MP is good for what it is. Not going to replace CoD or Halo for sure, but it's fun and for some reason I just don't care as much about things like k/d ratio or whatever so it's easier to just play and enjoy. I disagree with some who say it comes across as a BF mod. The maps are far smaller, there is only one vehicle that I'm aware of and is only in certain levels, there are the killstreaks ripped from CoD, less class based gameplay, etc.

r.gun

Neo Member
Finished up the campaign recently. I really enjoyed it. I really don't get why it scored so low in the reviews, but I guess it may have been overhyped.

Enjoying the MP as well, nice mix between COD and BF.

Flek

Banned
adversesolutions said:
Anyone know if the achievements stack for Tier 1 mode? I.e. if I beat Tier 1 mode, does the Hard mode achievement unlock?

oh yeha i need to know this too - also can you do single player trophies if you chose the missions speratly? (like destroying the camp?)

Flek said:
oh yeha i need to know this too - also can you do single player trophies if you chose the missions speratly? (like destroying the camp?)

That destroying the camp one has been pissing me off.

I shoot down every target I see and I still don't get it. :(

Flek

Banned
MidnightRider said:

yeha me too this and the one where you have to rush the mg in under 2 minutes … i tried them 3 times in a row each and did not get a trophy :( Only sp trophies missing oh and the one where you have to throw a grenade and kill 6 guys !?

Enosh

r.gun said:
Finished up the campaign recently. I really enjoyed it. I really don't get why it scored so low in the reviews, but I guess it may have been overhyped.
well so far I finished it twice once on normal and once on hard and playing now the tier 1 mode, so I guess I got my moneys worth from the game :lol

MidnightRider said:

Leave one main target alive and kill EVERY infantryman, anything that's moving. Then destroy the last target. Achievement unlocked.

G-Fex

I'm kinda real sick of MW2 so I had fun with the beta and will be trading in MW2 and something else to get this. I know Ill like this.

hellclerk

Finally, FINALLY I have my rig back up and in action. Will be DLing this and New Vegas on steam today. Can't wait. :D

mcrae

seemed to stable out at around 2300 points. played for 7 hours.

i totally agree that this game is snipe fest city. its not very fun. team deathmatch is fucking terrible, the 5 objective maps are much better but still have the problem, and there arent enough maps.

glad i only rented it. (ps3)

LegoDad

mcrae said:
seemed to stable out at around 2300 points. played for 7 hours.

i totally agree that this game is snipe fest city. its not very fun. team deathmatch is fucking terrible, the 5 objective maps are much better but still have the problem, and there arent enough maps.

glad i only rented it. (ps3)

they are playing sniper, trying to get their 600 point killstreak.

Cornbread78

Flek said:
yeha me too this and the one where you have to rush the mg in under 2 minutes … i tried them 3 times in a row each and did not get a trophy :( Only sp trophies missing oh and the one where you have to throw a grenade and kill 6 guys !?

I can't get those either... Soemthing is messed up with that.

Also, MP is still broker, why can;t they fix it already, still barely ever able to squad up with my buddies and my squad or 4 constantly get's split up.... WTF.

Top Bottom