• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Medal of Honor 2010 |OT| OPERATORS OPERATING in OPERATIONS

NHale

Flek said:
yeha me too this and the one where you have to rush the mg in under 2 minutes … i tried them 3 times in a row each and did not get a trophy :( Only sp trophies missing oh and the one where you have to throw a grenade and kill 6 guys !?

I got it in the part where a taliban throws something in the fire to inform all the other talibans that the US forces were there. Just threw the grenade into the fire and you should get it.

I've only played for 40 minutes, but some of the maps seem fucking stupid. Particularly in whatever the mode is called where one team attacks and the other defends.

On the snowy mountain map our team was either running down this valley which the other team had set up defensive positions around, or up a ridge where we got picked off by snipers and riflemen I never even saw.

On defense on the airport map I found a spot where I could seemingly cover every single chokepoint the attackers had to gauntlet their way through. Running down these chokepoint meatgrinders over and over again is not any sort of fun. And on defense you're just sitting there on your ass waiting for targets to appear in your sights.

And the spawning seems pretty terrible. The first ever time I spawned I immediately caught a sniper bullet in my sweet un-Taliban beard.

In less annoying news, Conq*cough*Sector Control seems alright.

G-Fex

I try to flank snipers when I can. I remember surprising two yesterday then blam blam blam.

This is fun. Great buy.

USF

Bumblebeetuna said:
This game is fucking broken. Just finished up all the online trophies so I won't be touching that again. Two hours of Objective Raid.... Jesus. What were they thinking with some of these map designs and spawn locations? On most of them in Objective Raid the attacking team has the superior position on the map so if they keep 1 or 2 or 9 guys back to snipe it becomes a spawn camping frenzy. And the best part is that even though they have the high ground and great spots to see your entire base, you can't go and kill them because the game tells you to "get back into the battle" and counts down a timer that kills you if you don't :lol So you have to hope you have a good sniper rifle unlocked, hope you can spawn without instantly being shot, hope if you aren't instantly shot that you can run for cover before being shot, if you make it to cover, hope one of the constant raining of mortar or missiles or artillery doesn't get you, if you're still alive you gotta find a sniping spot (good luck), and then hope you can kill someone before the army of snipers on the other side in superior position don't kill you first. Oh, and by the way, defend the two objectives. Fuck :lol
Yeah, that's fucked up. You need to play ~30 matches of that mode to get the trophy. What's even worse is that I'm always on the weakest side or outnumbered.. game doesn't last 2 minutes!

kuYuri

Some paid DLC also releasing along with the free Clean Sweep game mode and maps.

http://www.shacknews.com/onearticle.x/66203

The war rages on in Medal of Honor, as EA has revealed the game's first premium downloadable content, set to launch alongside the previously revealed "Clean Sweep" mode.
"Hot Zone" is a King of the Hill-style mode where "teams fight over a designated location on a map."

Priced at $10 (800MS Points), Hot Zone also adds two new maps (Hindukush Pass and Korengal Outpost) as well as two "redesigned" versions of existing maps from the game (Shahikot Valley and Helmand Valley) to the game's online experience.

As we mentioned earlier, Medal of Honor is also set to receive a DLC pack--bringing with it one new mode and two new maps--dubbed Clean Sweep. The content will be made available to users who have activated Medal of Honor's "Online Pass," as an extension of EA's ongoing Project Ten Dollar experiment.

Both DLC packs will be available on November 3 for the Xbox 360, PS3 and PC.

hellclerk

Everything is tsundere to me
Been playing since yesterday. Beat the sniper mission after the chopper mission. For some reason I keep getting this inconsistent chugging during the game. I get the impression that it's the game loading, since I turn the effects down and it seems to work just fine. I get the feeling that it's got to do with the next section loading in, since it seems to show up during light periods and heavy periods. I just have no idea.

I get similar lag during online, but that only happens right about when I'm getting sniped or shot at. The snipers I can deal with, but this lag is just frustrating. Is anyone else experiencing this?

hellclerk

Alright, after installing my other, better CPU that supposedly doesn't work with the MoBo (got it in case I couldn't separate the old CPU from the heatsink) and moving my desk to get the Wifi better and the problems seem gone. It's still a bit slow, but I just expect that's breaking in the new CPU, and it's better than that irregular lag.

Played some Online too. Got to level 3. It's really a bitch leveling against all these lvl 15 players and their HP ammo though...

Otherwise enjoying it. Finished single player. Outright fantastic.

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
doomed1 said:
Been playing since yesterday. Beat the sniper mission after the chopper mission. For some reason I keep getting this inconsistent chugging during the game. I get the impression that it's the game loading, since I turn the effects down and it seems to work just fine. I get the feeling that it's got to do with the next section loading in, since it seems to show up during light periods and heavy periods. I just have no idea.

I get similar lag during online, but that only happens right about when I'm getting sniped or shot at. The snipers I can deal with, but this lag is just frustrating. Is anyone else experiencing this?
Check your temperatures.

mcrae

caliblue15 said:
they are playing sniper, trying to get their 600 point killstreak.

really? so the people playing snipers are the ones who i should attribute the game being a snipe fest city to? THANKS A LOT CAPTAIN OBVIOUS

LegoDad

mcrae said:
really? so the people playing snipers are the ones who i should attribute the game being a snipe fest city to? THANKS A LOT CAPTAIN OBVIOUS

I was saying that was the reason for it being a snipe fest. lol

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Yopis said:
Cool game really needs more maps fast. Hope patch hits soon on consoles. After getting a few friends to buy this, im having a good time. Multiplayer is still fun but the spawns are crazy.

It really does need more maps ASAP. And I really wished games nowadays capped the number of snipers allowed per map like they did in DoD in the past. I know it'll never happen, and there are arguments against it, but in some game modes there are just too many snipers. I also wished there was a better incentive to win. Right now the incentive for most people is just to kill the other team, objectives be damned. I'm the opposite, and sometimes I feel like I'm the only person trying to attack or defend the objective.

NHale

commish said:
It really does need more maps ASAP. And I really wished games nowadays capped the number of snipers allowed per map like they did in DoD in the past. I know it'll never happen, and there are arguments against it, but in some game modes there are just too many snipers. I also wished there was a better incentive to win. Right now the incentive for most people is just to kill the other team, objectives be damned. I'm the opposite, and sometimes I feel like I'm the only person trying to attack or defend the objective.

I believe they should remove snipers from some types of game. What's the point of having snipers in small maps while playing Sector control? It's very annoying to play Sector Control and you see 2 snipers of your team 20 meters away from a point that is currently captured by the opponent, but the only thing they want to do is snipe people that are on the opposite part of the map.

Regarding incentives to win, I think the only way to convince people that winning is the most important thing, is to give a K/D penalty and no XP if you lose and if you have a negative W/L ratio you would get tag saying "LOSER" visible to everyone. So that's never going to happen.

hellclerk

commish said:
Well then it would just be a select few people leveling the sniper class, and people who use the sniper class for the BR get screwed out too. Really, I'm just a completionist, and while I LOATH playing sniper, sometimes I just want to finish out the class. I actually got my first scorechain running the SVD as a RDS BR rather than camping with the M24 like I totally could have. Right now I wanna get a couple of Dr. Pepper codes so I can get the other RDS Dr. Pepper DLC... anyone have any lying around?

Ashes

Banned
I just finished the single player, and I got to say, though it was damn easy, and short, that was some good stuff. Glad I played the game... Whilst I felt halo had more variation, this one trumped it in pure satisfaction in the fps space. Multiplayer is out for me... but single player was very good.

I've put in about 2 hours into multiplayer (PS3 version).... and I suck :(

Most of it is due to my lack of FPS ability but the highest scorestreak I have gotten is 35 and I'd like to do better than that

Any tips? I'm having a ton of trouble just finding people (maybe I need to sit closer to the tv). I've been moving slow and trying to stay in cover and learn the maps but any tips are appreciated

Also, what causes someone to have the orange mark above them for a few seconds? Did someone mark them or is it caused by them shooting at you?

commish

HamPster PamPster said:
I've put in about 2 hours into multiplayer (PS3 version).... and I suck :(

Most of it is due to my lack of FPS ability but the highest scorestreak I have gotten is 35 and I'd like to do better than that

Any tips? I'm having a ton of trouble just finding people (maybe I need to sit closer to the tv). I've been moving slow and trying to stay in cover and learn the maps but any tips are appreciated

Also, what causes someone to have the orange mark above them for a few seconds? Did someone mark them or is it caused by them shooting at you?

Not sure what game mode you are playing, so any advice would depend on that. I prefer sector control, as it is easier to get points and level up and because the map designs lead to more action.

desu

Bumblebeetuna said:
This game is fucking broken. Just finished up all the online trophies so I won't be touching that again. Two hours of Objective Raid.... Jesus. What were they thinking with some of these map designs and spawn locations? On most of them in Objective Raid the attacking team has the superior position on the map so if they keep 1 or 2 or 9 guys back to snipe it becomes a spawn camping frenzy. And the best part is that even though they have the high ground and great spots to see your entire base, you can't go and kill them because the game tells you to "get back into the battle" and counts down a timer that kills you if you don't :lol So you have to hope you have a good sniper rifle unlocked, hope you can spawn without instantly being shot, hope if you aren't instantly shot that you can run for cover before being shot, if you make it to cover, hope one of the constant raining of mortar or missiles or artillery doesn't get you, if you're still alive you gotta find a sniping spot (good luck), and then hope you can kill someone before the army of snipers on the other side in superior position don't kill you first. Oh, and by the way, defend the two objectives. Fuck :lol

Pretty perfect summary for the game :lol .

Flek

Banned
this is how i roll <3

Photo%20Okt%2029%2C%2011%2020%2005%20nachm..jpg

:D

commish

How can you get 21 kills in a row but only get 400 points?

And this game is driving me a bit crazy. Maybe it's my connection or something, but I seem to also get hit behind cover. I'll see someone, duck out of the way, but continue to get hit. This type of lag is infuriating. I still very much enjoy the MP, but you can just tell that this game is going to be a ghosttown once Black Ops is released... :\

mcrae

commish said:

And this game is driving me a bit crazy. Maybe it's my connection or something, but I seem to also get hit behind cover. I'll see someone, duck out of the way, but continue to get hit. This type of lag is infuriating. I still very much enjoy the MP, but you can just tell that this game is going to be a ghosttown once Black Ops is released... :\

use offensive kill streaks but miss

Nizz

New maps tomorrow for this, right? This game is going to get at least another week out of me. ;)

commish said:

I've been noticing this myself. I'll start to get hit, I run and get behind cover then all of a sudden I'm dead.

bloodydrake

Cool Smoke Luke
Bumblebeetuna said:
Wow, how sad that only a couple weeks after release there are new modes and maps when the game launched with such a small amount. This crap should have been there day one.

2 more levels to be completed in Tier 1 mode and I get my platinum and can sell this. Fuck EA.

Glad I waited to buy this on PC and see how things evolved.
Its looking like this is actually worse then the VIP treatment BC2 got.
Don't know how EA can be happy butchering the multiplayer in games like this so bad no community develops around the game before its to late.

Just checked the stats on Steam
1,495 peak players 649 current today Medal of Honor MP

horrible, game won't have anyone playing after COD BO comes out next week at all.

NHale

I can understand the importance of snipers but I'm starting to feel that games need to restrict the use of snipers and in some cases have a maximum of snipers per team.

I don't mind this in Team Deathmatch, but in objective modes it's infuriating. If you have a team objective based mode, developers need to make sure that there is no place to people acting like the stupid K/D ratio or Support Actions are the most important thing in the game. DICE needs to put the clip of Herm Edwards press conference before you can play online...

Erasus

PC patch 2.

Old news?

The new update prepares the game for Clean Sweep and Hot Zone downloadable content. It also includes the following fixes:
Server
- Lowered scores on all defensive support actions
- Changed spawn points on Shah-i-Khot Mountains, Combat Mission
- Changed spawn points on Kandahar Marketplace, Sector Control
- Changed spawn points on Kandahar Marketplace, Team Assault
- Changed spawn points on Diwagal Camp, Sector Control
- Changed spawn points on Kunar Base, Sector Control
- Changed spawn points on Kabul City Ruins, Sector Control
- Changed spawn points on Kabul City Ruins, Team Assault
- Changed spawn points on Garmzir Town, Sector Control
- Changed spawn points on Garmzir Town, Team Assault
- Tweaked damage on M16 and M24
- Tweaked damage on M4
Client
- Added Hot Zone and Clean Sweep (added the levels/UI changes in server browser etc)
- Server browser makes snapshot instead of subscribing to servers
- Fixed hang when joining on a friend that’s playing on a password protected server
- Ribbons and medals no longer appear on unranked servers
- Added aiming spot in binoculars in hardcore mode
- Added text chatting while dead and in end of round
- Increased the points needed to win a domination/tdm game
- Decreased accuracy while shooting from the hip
- Increased the amount of recoil and spread
- Added server details in loading screens and spawn screen
- Fixed an issue where holding your breath and moving forward would take you out of scope

http://www.medalofhonor.com/blog/2010/11/pc-patch-2

commish

bloodydrake said:
Glad I waited to buy this on PC and see how things evolved.
Its looking like this is actually worse then the VIP treatment BC2 got.
Don't know how EA can be happy butchering the multiplayer in games like this so bad no community develops around the game before its to late.

Just checked the stats on Steam
1,495 peak players 649 current today Medal of Honor MP

horrible, game won't have anyone playing after COD BO comes out next week at all.

Well, I disagree with it being a horrible game, but EA really doesn't know how to create a community; you are right there. I haven't preordered COD yet, because I didn't like MW2, but I'm leaning towards it because I don't know how this MOH will fare after a week.

FLEABttn

Banned
The lack of the ability for both EA and MS to get out the patch in an appropriate time combined with EA's terrible choice in release combined with their stupid fucking sniper rifles have/will kill this game. If they had gotten this out in June or July it would have been a good game to try to to peel people away from MW2 while still distancing themselves far enough away from Black Ops. If their sniper rifles weren't so damn stupid then they might have a higher retention of players.

EA sent it to its death and Dice didn't help.

bloodydrake

Cool Smoke Luke
commish said:
Well, I disagree with it being a horrible game, but EA really doesn't know how to create a community; you are right there. I haven't preordered COD yet, because I didn't like MW2, but I'm leaning towards it because I don't know how this MOH will fare after a week.

Sorry I meant the treatment of content for the game and the numbers of players ect. Not the quality of the game itself.Basically the games almost DOA and for a "revitalize" of a franchise..that's just horrible.

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
purple cobra said:
When are these updates coming to consoles? Some of these tweaks sound good but has anyone heard on a date for a similar patch to come to PS360?
I am assuming it will be similar to BC2 - test the updates on PC and then combine them into one big patch for the consoles down the line.

Whats player count like on the PC if anyone knows? Looking for a 3rd game for the buy 2 get 3rd free offers online and have no idea and figured to maybe give this a shot, and have little interest in bothering with COD coming up anyways. Love BC2 though.

desu

BattleMonkey said:
Whats player count like on the PC if anyone knows? Looking for a 3rd game for the buy 2 get 3rd free offers online and have no idea and figured to maybe give this a shot, and have little interest in bothering with COD coming up anyways. Love BC2 though.

When I first started the game there was a total of <5000. At first I thought that was error because there was no possible way so few people could be playing this. But after a week of really really horrible broken multiplayer I am not sure anymore.

Right now it shows about ~5300 people in matchmaking, no clue how this number is calculated but I am certain the game will be almost dead once BO hits...

@ Patch

:lol !

So almost all maps had messed up spawn points? Its just amazing how nobody could notice this while play testing ...

Lowered scores on all defensive support actions
Damn this one sucks, loved my easy 500-1500 points per match :D

mcrae

BattleMonkey said:

look 8 posts up from yours

desu

commish said:
And this game is driving me a bit crazy. Maybe it's my connection or something, but I seem to also get hit behind cover. I'll see someone, duck out of the way, but continue to get hit. This type of lag is infuriating.

Eh I doubt its lag, because I got this no matter on what kind of server I play (low or high ping). Its most likely just freakin bad hit boxes. It happens all the time, I started counting in one play session, after 20+ I stopped because I thought it was just *insert random insults*

hellclerk

Alright, just played about an hour's worth of MP and had ALOT of fun with it. I'm not getting killed by snipers more often than appropriate, the BRs keep their good weighty feel. It really is a fantastically well directed game. Call the maps small and narrow, I can manage to flank pretty well on them. Seriously, I'm almost enjoying it more than BC2. All it needs is a larger catalog of weapons and 40mm rounds like Shotgun or smoke. Some new maps would be cool too, but they already seem to be working on that.

Overall, I'm having alot of fun. I really hope it regains some community, because I'd hate to see this die and not get a sequel or something. I'd really love a sequel. Hopefully this time Danger Close can use the Frostbite engine and do some neat destructive stuff.

Edit: Oh, and the M21 Dr. Pepper DLC is awesome.

desu

Played Cleen Sweep today:

- you still get 10 points for a kill, pretty pointless with a ~16 player server, as you often will wait for minutes...
- tons of camping: highlight -> 2-3 minutes of camping until the round was over ... didnt they mention this mode is made for less camping in the game tips :lol ?
- since there aren't too many people, you only get to kill a few = skill rating goes down most of the time xD

I played for about 4-5 maps. From a full server 24 or 32? I only noticed a few people still being there at the end. People were leaving like crazy, I think most didnt want to wait for 2-3 minutes just because some heavy camping was going on.

I also thought point rewards and spawn places were fixed? But I didnt really notice anything today.

Had a pretty awesome match a few days ago. Managed to get all the way up to an Artillery Strike. My best streak so far

Sadly I haven't been able to put much time into it. Hopefully I can put more time in this weekend.

U2NUMB

Looks like Clean Sweep is delayed on the 360 .. Hot Zone is up for 10 bucks.. anyone know if this DLC has any new Achievements / Trophies?

hellclerk

desu said:
Played Cleen Sweep today:

- you still get 10 points for a kill, pretty pointless with a ~16 player server, as you often will wait for minutes...
- tons of camping: highlight -> 2-3 minutes of camping until the round was over ... didnt they mention this mode is made for less camping in the game tips :lol ?
- since there aren't too many people, you only get to kill a few = skill rating goes down most of the time xD

I played for about 4-5 maps. From a full server 24 or 32? I only noticed a few people still being there at the end. People were leaving like crazy, I think most didnt want to wait for 2-3 minutes just because some heavy camping was going on.

I also thought point rewards and spawn places were fixed? But I didnt really notice anything today.
Yeah, saw that coming. You see, with modes like Clean Sweep, you're giving the players ONE chance, and when you only have one life, you play conservatively and camp rather than going out only to turn a corner and BOOM dead. That's why I was skeptical from the start.

Does anyone know if the Hotzone DLC is pay for on the PC? I didn't see anything on the DLC page for steam, so I assume they just handed it to us.

desu

Rubezh said:

Do they really think people will pay 10€ for this content? Almost worse than MW2 ...

Well give it 2-3 more payed DLC packs, release of BO and the game will be dead (at least on PC).

Also what I forgot, the killcam in clean sweep is just horrible. Whole image is taken up by player information I dont care about. I cant read what people saying and you have problems seeing stuff ... . Seriously who programs/designs this crap? Seems like a 5 minute job ...

Nizz

doomed1 said:
Overall, I'm having alot of fun. I really hope it regains some community, because I'd hate to see this die and not get a sequel or something. I'd really love a sequel. Hopefully this time Danger Close can use the Frostbite engine and do some neat destructive stuff.
I hope for this as well. I think the game would feel a lot better had the single player been Frostbite also. There's a little disconnect to me with them using two engines on this.

eternaLightness said:
Had a pretty awesome match a few days ago. Managed to get all the way up to an Artillery Strike. My best streak so far

Sadly I haven't been able to put much time into it. Hopefully I can put more time in this weekend.
I think I was all set to get that artillery strike but by then the match was over. I mostly play Combat Mission and my best match ever was 41-17. I had a big smile on my face till the next round where I proceeded to go 0-8 and I rage quit. :lol

I think the Clean Sweep maps are a go on PS3, will try em later tonight. But like others have said, it might be crazy camping...

commish

desu said:
Do they really think people will pay 10€ for this content? Almost worse than MW2 ...

Well give it 2-3 more payed DLC packs, release of BO and the game will be dead (at least on PC).

Also what I forgot, the killcam in clean sweep is just horrible. Whole image is taken up by player information I dont care about. I cant read what people saying and you have problems seeing stuff ... . Seriously who programs/designs this crap? Seems like a 5 minute job ...

Yeah, I was all ready to pay whatever they wanted for some new maps, but I dunno.... 10 dollars is currently 1/4 the price of COD: Black Ops on amazon (20 dollar preorder gift card). Hard to justify, even though i really enjoy MOH.

So is the Clean Sweep stuff actual DLC or is it on the disc just unlocked via online pass?

lol @ the free DLC being delayed on Xbox but the paid DLC sure got up in time.

Top Bottom