• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Medal of Honor: Warfighter |OT| of Knock Knock, it's Tier 1

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
wow why I didnt know that before today ?! I'm Premium since the beginning and never received any notice or email about this discount...

Was working for pre-order ?

I bought the game for 43$

Yes, and pre-order got you some extra maps and stuff too.

I didn't receive an email either, and only knew about the discount from reading about it here. I also would have never bought the game, but the half off piqued my interest. Glad it did, as the single player game is quite good... I haven't tried multi yet.

Just finished up the campaign and my opinion is as follows. As a fan of MOH 2010's SP even with all of its problems. It seems EA and Danger Close have even done that game a disservice. Story feels like they retried Battlefield 3 but added the characters from 2010's game.

The game took me about 6 hours on normal, which is fine if you ask me. It doesn't wear out its welcome and is just mediocre. It doesn't have the same "feel" as the first game and the tone has changed to a more COD type game. None of the character development is there like it was in the first one and I think that's what killed it for me. I was invested in the characters of the first game cause they made you feel connected to them.

Best level design bar none is "Old Friends" if that long luge area doesn't get made into a MP map someone is stupid.
Oh man this sounds disappointing.

Spazo

Yes, and pre-order got you some extra maps and stuff too.

I didn't receive an email either, and only knew about the discount from reading about it here. I also would have never bought the game, but the half off piqued my interest. Glad it did, as the single player game is quite good... I haven't tried multi yet.

Oh man !!

Sethos

Banned
Okay, can someone test that no-respawn mode for me - Is it the "tactical" experience I'm thinking it might be or is it the usual clusterfuck / killstreak mess.

Video would be even better.

I had some fun with it. It's not an amazing campaign, but the impressive audio visual presentation and some cool mission ideas definitely kept me playing. I thought it was a more enjoyable campaign than most of the Call of Duty titles, to be honest.

I actually really enjoyed this mission, for some reason...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ozm4gA0J_-4&feature=player_detailpage#t=161s

I enjoyed the game too. There were a couple really frustrating parts but overall I had fun with it.

Sethos

Banned
So, I gave away my 50% off code to a friend and he says it doesn't work. I hop Live Chat and he gives me another code in a completely different format that doesn't work either. Then he escalated my case.

Bleh.

EDIT: lol apparently the Promo codes aren't working on EU stores.

Just finished up the campaign and my opinion is as follows. As a fan of MOH 2010's SP even with all of its problems. It seems EA and Danger Close have even done that game a disservice. Story feels like they retried Battlefield 3 but added the characters from 2010's game.

The game took me about 6 hours on normal, which is fine if you ask me. It doesn't wear out its welcome and is just mediocre. It doesn't have the same "feel" as the first game and the tone has changed to a more COD type game. None of the character development is there like it was in the first one and I think that's what killed it for me. I was invested in the characters of the first game cause they made you feel connected to them.

Best level design bar none is "Old Friends" if that long luge area doesn't get made into a MP map someone is stupid.

What?

I didn't feel connected to the characters in Medal of Honor. The plot in Warfighter is at least more interesting too...and it's no more ridiculous.

Also, there sure are a lot of people taking potshots at this game from afar...

Cudder

i dont understand how to unlock shit for my weapons. it never tells you that you just unlocked something, you always have to go into your loadout to see if there's anything new.

i dont understand how to unlock shit for my weapons. it never tells you that you just unlocked something, you always have to go into your loadout to see if there's anything new.

It tells you, but the menus are an absolute mess. Whenever you unlock something, I believe you get a pop up/dialog after your death, telling you that you unlocked. Then if you go to My Gun for the gun you have, each accessory will have a number next to it, letting you know how many new unlocks you have.

What unlocking system does this game use? I haven't jumped into MP yet, does it use a goal-based system like the Call of Duty games, or is it all just based on how many points you get during play? (or a mix)

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
Did anyone playing on PC have the game minimize to windows then re-open the game at 720p for the car-chase level? I tried to modify my resolution, but it wouldn't change it. Every time I tried to reload the car-chase level it would drop the resolution. It's almost like the game was loading a totally different executable just for that mission.

What unlocking system does this game use? I haven't jumped into MP yet, does it use a goal-based system like the Call of Duty games, or is it all just based on how many points you get during play? (or a mix)

Points it seems.

I am playing on PS3, am I wasting my time trying to ADS? It seems like most of my bullets miss even when ADS and most of the time I die before I can even get my sights up.

Also, some of the maps seem broken. I keep spawning into areas that have no way to get out.

Points it seems.

I am playing on PS3, am I wasting my time trying to ADS? It seems like most of my bullets miss even when ADS and most of the time I die before I can even get my sights up.

Also, some of the maps seem broken. I keep spawning into areas that have no way to get out.

On 360, shooting from the hip seemed almost useless. I'd go ADS.

So, I gave away my 50% off code to a friend and he says it doesn't work. I hop Live Chat and he gives me another code in a completely different format that doesn't work either. Then he escalated my case.

Bleh.

EDIT: lol apparently the Promo codes aren't working on EU stores.

Works here in the UK mate.

Darklord

Banned
mission 2

training as a terrorist with your final test being take over the cockpit of a jet, yeah that isn't half controversial in the US is it, its fucking insane :eek:

No russian was crazy enough but yeah the mainstream media will have a bloody field day with that.

Gross. This is just blatant attempt at controversy. It's bordering on insulting.

Darklord

Banned
Come on, Insulting? Yeah right. Terrorist do what Terrists does, that includes hijacking.

It sounds tasteless. If it was a meaningful thing, have at it. Do anything you want. I'd be okay with an auschwitz level in WW2 if it was done respectfully. That just sounds like EA went "We need media coverage, go further than No Russian.". Honestly, what next? A 9/11 level? Oooh, edgy!

antitrop

After reading about that
airline jet takeover
in this thread, it just gives me one more reason to absolutely fucking abhor this new brand of modern military shooters in the vein of Call of Duty, Battlefield, and Medal of Honor.

Maybe it's just because I thought Six Days in Fallujah was an interesting concept, but cancelled because it was "too controversial", but then the bigger publishing companies get away with stupid shit like this.

Sethos

Banned
It sounds tasteless. If it was a meaningful thing, have at it. Do anything you want. I'd be okay with an auschwitz level in WW2 if it was done respectfully. That just sounds like EA went "We need media coverage, go further than No Russian.". Honestly, what next? A 9/11 level? Oooh, edgy!

After reading about that
airline jet takeover
in this thread, it just gives me one more reason to absolutely fucking abhor this new brand of modern military shooters in the vein of Call of Duty, Battlefield, and Medal of Honor.

Maybe it's just because I thought Six Days in Fallujah was an interesting concept, but cancelled because it was "too controversial", but then the bigger publishing companies get away with stupid shit like this.

You guys are certainly playing to their tune by actually getting offended about this tame ass shit.

antitrop

You guys are certainly playing to their tune by actually getting offended about this tame ass shit.
I'm not offended by the scene in the game, at all.
I'm offended that modern military shooters are so absurdly ridiculous, the genre is cancer in the video game industry in this day and age. This just adds to that.

Also, I'm just posting about it on NeoGAF in the OT. It's not like I'm on Fox News ranting and raving about how offensive it is and advertising the game to a large audience that otherwise never would have even heard of it. THAT is what EA wants when it tries to drum up controversy like this, not me to bitch about how stupid it is on GAF.

Sethos

Banned
I'm not offended by it, I'm offended that they think anyone wants it in the first place.

Wants it? Nay nay my good man, controversiality stems from something people don't want. Being controversial in games these days is easy PR and whenever someone starts to blow on that fire, it just helping their intentions.

There were 9/11 movies, whats wrong with including it in a game?

You're cool with WWII events in games that had thousands more deaths I take it?

Single Player is awesome. Multiplayer... I'm betting that nobody will play MP in a few weeks or so when BO2 comes out.

Btw, that 2nd mission that everybody's talking about, I didn't think much of it because it was so short.

Cudder

Looks like everyone is rolling spec ops w/Mk 18.
Everyone is a clone of each other online because of how long it takes to unlock more guns and attachments. I wonder when you unlock the second gun you can use because I'm like level 7 and I'm still on the MK18

enewtabie

Can't wait to try this later this afternoon. I know Danger Close used Larry
Vickers for some training(Former Delta) and I see Daniel Defense,aimpoint,etc are manufacturers in the game. Kinda neat you set the weapons up similar to what you have in real life.

Everyone is a clone of each other online because of how long it takes to unlock more guns and attachments. I wonder when you unlock the second gun you can use because I'm like level 7 and I'm still on the MK18

Good point. So, from the beta, I THINK unlocks work this way:

-Overall score unlocks new soldiers (which include new guns, new camos, and potentially new attachments)
-Using a certain gun/achieving certain goals with a gun unlocks new attachments

Maybe?

Sethos

Banned
Can someone tell me what the hell is up with the driving sequence and resolution? Just before you enter, it's like the game reloads the resolution, game minimizes / maximizes and throughout the driving sequence everything is just a mess - Looked at my screenshots and the images are 720p, what the fuck? Resolution is still 2560x1600 in the options menu.

Dynamic resolution, PC style? Even eliminates all AA.

Look at dat fence! And this is the native resolution

ibhAO1qk6IiMZh.png

mxgt

Banned
Can someone tell me what the hell is up with the driving sequence and resolution? Just before you enter, it's like the game reloads the resolution, game minimizes / maximizes and throughout the driving sequence everything is just a mess - Looked at my screenshots and the images are 720p, what the fuck? Resolution is still 2560x1600 in the options menu.

http://i.minus.com/ibhAO1qk6IiMZh.png[IMG][/QUOTE]

this fucking game [img]http://i.imgur.com/KuGsj.gif

KyleN

Banned

ibhAO1qk6IiMZh.png

I noticed that too. Something is definatly very wrong with the game right now.

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.

I mentioned the exact same thing happening to me earlier in the thread.

I'm pretty sure the game loads a completely different executable for the driving mission, and none of the graphics options can be changed.

Total amateur hour.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick

I'm pretty sure the game loads a completely different executable for the driving mission, and none of the graphics options can be changed.

Total amateur hour.
So weird. Kind of like how the first game used different engines for SP and MP.

Sethos

Banned

Total amateur hour.

Yeah, does seem like it loads a different game. Even the FMV loses its letterbox mode.

Top Bottom