• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: 02/23 - 03/02

Angelus Errare said:
Not sure how truthful these numbers are. But these are the weekend sales

1. Biohazard 5 [Resident Evil 5] (PS3, Capcom) - 350,000
2. The 7th Dragon (NDS, Sega) - 120,000
3. Shin Sangoku Musou: MultiRaid [Dynasty Warriors Strikeforce] (PSP, Koei) - 86,000
4. Biohazard 5 [Resident Evil 5] (360, Capcom) - 74,000
5. Ryuga Gotoku 3 [Yakuza 3] (PS3, Sega) - 61,000
6. Mario & Luigi RPG 3!!! (NDS, Nintendo) - 41,000
7. Super Robot Taisen Z Special Disc (PS2, Namco Bandai) - 33,000
8. Aibou DS (NDS, Tecmo) - 23,000
9. Monster Hunter Portable 2nd G [PSP The Best] (PSP, Capcom) - 19,000
10. Taiko no Tetsujin Wii (Wii, Namco Bandai) - 17,000

Note: RE's number is cumulative. (Though that'd be awesome if it did sell 350k over the weekend + the 255 from launch day :lol )
Post the source and we will see. :p

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
Angelus Errare said:

3. Shin Sangoku Musou: MultiRaid [Dynasty Warriors Strikeforce] (PSP, Koei) - 86,000

Note: RE's number is cumulative. (Though that'd be awesome if it did sell 350k over the weekend + the 255 from launch day :lol )

If these numbers are true wow, I wish Street Fighter IV had these numbers. I guess the PS3 and 360 versions were not neck and neck.

gantz85

Banned
If those numbers are true, the drop for Yakuza is HUGE. The usual run for games is double its first weekend (or abit less depending on the frontload ratio) and 370K x 2 = 740K. Granted, MGS4 is still at abit less than 700K..

370K + 60K= 430K

Seems like this will reach around 550K... hopefully it sells a little more and does its work at expanding the PS3 userbase.

Also, supposed RE5 numbers are naiceeeee.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
Angelus Errare said:

if that the numbers are real then it's decent 2nd week for RGG3 and good stuff for SEGA's dragon .

hope for better numbers for both

Edit: it's VGshitz :(

Angelus Errare said:

if i were you i'd get rid of that post as they look suspiciously like vg chartzzzzz japan preview guesses

edit - whoops looks like i got beaten heavily

duckroll

frankie_baby said:
if i were you i'd get rid of that post as they look suspiciously like vg chartzzzzz japan preview guesses

It's too late for him now. Maybe he'll know better in next week's thread.

Last week's Wii fake 12K, now this...
I guess it's because more people start posting in these threads when the PS3/360 outsell the Wii :lol

gantz85

Banned
This week will be interesting for RE5 and Yakuza 3 sales numbers, as well as PS3 hardware. There's a mini-punch coming up as well with Warriors Orochi Z out exclusively for PS3 on March 12th.

The Warriors Orochi franchise has never been released on the PS3 but two of its titles have been released for Xbox360. It was also released for the PS2 and PSP. Now Warriors Orochi Z, not a new game but a combination of its prior two with some new content (i.e. it is a cheap ripoff) is coming out only for PS3; not sure if any PSP port is in the works.

Here's why Orochi Z is not going to be released for 360 (hint: bomba).

http://www.japan-gamecharts.com/360.php

107 Warriors Orochi 2
無双OROCHI 魔王再臨 Koei
コーエー ACT 04/09/2008 6.654 Units

115 Warriors Orochi
無双 OROCHI Koei
コーエー ACT 13/09/2007 6.059 Units

Here's the Orochi franchise's performance on the PS2; it isn't quite the million seller but is certainly a heavyweight. It outsells series like Devil May Cry and at its peak in 2007 performed like a Yakuza.

http://www.japan-gamecharts.com/ps2.php

32 Warriors Orochi
無双OROCHI Koei
コーエー ACT 21/03/2007 649.570 Units

92 Warriors Orochi 2
無双OROCHI 魔王再臨 Koei
コーエー ACT 03/04/2008 411.019 Units

Here's how hack-and-slash brawlers have performed on the PS3 so far.

http://www.japan-gamecharts.com/ps3.php

3 Dynasty Warriors 6
真・三國無双5 Koei
コーエー ACT 11/11/2007 356.266 Units

6 Dynasty Warriors: Gundam
ガンダム無双 Bandai Namco
バンダイナムコ ACT 01/03/2007 312.674 Units

11 Gundam Musou 2
ガンダム無双2 Bandai Namco
バンダイナムコ ACT 18/12/2008 264.451 Units

21 Bladestorm: The Hundred Years' War
BLADESTORM (ブレイドストーム) -百年戦争- Koei
コーエー ACT 23/08/2007 118.079 Units

Even the piece of shit that was Bladestorm sold more than 100,000 copies. Orochi Z is sure to sell quite a bit. The three-hit punch that is Yakuza-RE5-Orochi Z should help bang on the message that PS3 is THE HD system of choice in JP -- though this doesn't change teh moniehats that is possibly being served about. Although this is serving shit to the regulars, hopefully a few of the outsiders are pushed to purchase PS3 hardware to help grow the installed base.

A curious omission from Koei (they produce Orochi and Dynasty Warriors) is the absence of a HD port of the Samurai Warriors (Sengoku Musou) series. The series sold really well on the PS2 with a high of 1 million and lows of ~200-300K for its various rehashes. Samurai Warriors 2 was on th 360 and PS2 earlier in 2006. SW3 is scheduled to be Wii-only as far as we know now, and seeing Koei put Orochi Z as PS3 only and SW3 as Wii-only in Japan is an interesting decision. As far as I know, the hack-and-slash genre hasn't been brought to the Wii, or at least none have met with ANY sort of success in Japan. Refer: http://www.japan-gamecharts.com/wii.php I think they may be too late in the development cycle to produce a PS3 version if it was developed for the Wii ground up, but it remains to be seen whether the H&S genre will do well on Wii... Releasing it for the PS3 will guarantee a few hundred thousand in sales though. I see no reason why it shouldn't be done if the 360 engine for SW2 can be reconfigured to bring a version over to the PS3.

After this is silence until Advent Children Complete and the FFXIII demo releases on April 16 2009. Dynasty Warriors 6: Empire is due out May 29 2009. And then it's shit all for 2009 :lol

Eteric Rice

Arpharmd B said:
You answered your own question.

Really though I don't think they will. Street Fighter is just not a casual game, even though Capcom likes to pretend it is in interviews. Even if they dumbed down the controls ala Easy Operation, I just don't think there is a market for this on Wii. Just look at the TvC numbers for an indication how bad it would do.

Isn't TvC up to 60k now?

gantz85

Banned
markatisu said:
When was there ever a realistic debate about that fact :lol

I honestly think that Sony has had a stranglehold on the hardcore gaming market for Japan for a long time, and that developers are not only enticed by Microsoft's moniehats but also to want to have a viable competitor that could help mix things up a little.

Many key 360 exclusives earlier in the generation and later on with Tales of Vesperia, SO4 and other key titles being on the 360 exclusively and in a relatively short timeframe helped to push up the sales but it has still lagged after the PS3, even though it has closed the sales ratio discrepancy from earlier on in the generation. It's still not a viable platform for hit HD games when its best selling game so far is Blue Dragon at 203,000 units. This record should be broken by SO4, if not already.

I think PS3's recent resurgence serves as a kindly reminder to the developers after the exclusive releases of Tales of Vesperia (Bandai Namco), The Last Remnant (Square-Enix), Star Ocean 4 (Square-Enix), Ace Combat 6 (Bandai Namco), Lost Planet and Dead Rising (Capcom) that if you want to go HD in Japan and sell units, you MUST go PS3.

If titles like Lost Planet 2 are poised to be 360-only, they will struggle to sell more than 100,000 copies in Japan. Note that Lost Planet sold in the region of 60,000 copies in Japan. This bodes a little better for Dead Rising 2 which is also coming to the PS3 -- its prequel sold 68,000 + 26,000 (Best of) and hasn't broken 100K.

360 is the platform of choice to take that large chunky North American market but a few hundred thousand in sales can constitute a significant percentage of its global sales. After all, DMC4 did more than 2 million worldwide and it charted more than 300,000 units in Japan for the PS3 (15%).

gantz85 said:
I honestly think that Sony has had a stranglehold on the hardcore gaming market for Japan for a long time, and that developers are not only enticed by Microsoft's moniehats but also to want to have a viable competitor that could help mix things up a little.

Many key 360 exclusives earlier in the generation and later on with Tales of Vesperia, SO4 and other key titles being on the 360 exclusively and in a relatively short timeframe helped to push up the sales but it has still lagged after the PS3, even though it has closed the sales ratio discrepancy from earlier on in the generation. It's still not a viable platform for hit HD games when its best selling game so far is Blue Dragon at 203,000 units. This record should be broken by SO4, if not already.

I think PS3's recent resurgence serves as a kindly reminder to the developers after the exclusive releases of Tales of Vesperia (Bandai Namco), The Last Remnant (Square-Enix), Star Ocean 4 (Square-Enix), Ace Combat 6 (Bandai Namco), Lost Planet and Dead Rising (Capcom) that if you want to go HD in Japan and sell units, you MUST go PS3.

If titles like Lost Planet 2 are poised to be 360-only, they will struggle to sell more than 100,000 copies in Japan. Note that Lost Planet sold in the region of 60,000 copies in Japan. This bodes a little better for Dead Rising 2 which is also coming to the PS3 -- its prequel sold 68,000 + 26,000 (Best of) and hasn't broken 100K.

360 is the platform of choice to take that large chunky North American market but a few hundred thousand in sales can constitute a significant percentage of its global sales. After all, DMC4 did more than 2 million worldwide and it charted more than 300,000 units in Japan for the PS3 (15%).
Being the HD console of choice in Japan is a little bit like being the best skier on your hockey team. It's like, good for you, but what good is it?

Yazus

God dammit, SO4 and SFIV = WTF?

I expected SO4 to be 220k for now, only around 185/190k? Oh well, I really expect it to pass the milion LTD at the end of the year.

Also I really doubt SO4 will be ported to the PS3, and If will be, for sure the conversion wont be done by tri-Ace, they never ported a game IIRC. The PSP remakes are from TOSE right?

gantz85

Banned
Segata Sanshiro said:
Being the HD console of choice in Japan is a little bit like being the best skier on your hockey team. It's like, good for you, but what good is it?

:lol

I'm not oblivious to the current gaming landscape in Japan. Wii is ahead, but console gaming seems like it's fading and instead the portables are selling like hotcakes. It's possible and also probable that portables are the way to go in the future for Japan.

In fact Sony may need to think of innovative ideas like perhaps, designing a PSP2 that is EXTREMELY intimately connected to the next-generation Playstation console (PS4) such that there is an option for a good amount of PSP2 gaming to be done and natively designed on a cloud ala remote play. This takes advantage of Japan's superb internet connectivity and offers even better graphics than is normally afforded on a handheld. There are also physical market advantages to this approach but for now I'm just throwing it out as an idea.

For now the HD console war has started and it MUST be fought. In the meantime if Japan is going the way of portables, Sony can and SHOULD figure out a strategy that positions PSP2 and PS4 together, seeing that the latter still produces profitable sales in Japan and is an inevitability considering the global market. PS3 can be a key component in helping to transition its current userbase to that operational model. I think the ad-hoc networking for PSP games through the PS3 is a piece of that puzzle.

EDIT: I know my PSP2/cloud idea is not much different from PSP currently :lol

Jokeropia

gantz85 said:
I honestly think that Sony has had a stranglehold on the hardcore gaming market for Japan for a long time
Uh, the only market segment Sony has a stranglehold on in Japan is the HD market, which is not the same thing as the "hardcore gaming market".

gantz85

Banned
Jokeropia said:
Uh, the only market segment Sony has a stranglehold on in Japan is the HD market, which is not the same thing as the "hardcore gaming market".

I'm also including the PS and PS2 periods -- hence, "long time".

SO4 can make it over a million worldwide. Afterall The Last Remnant and even Infinite Undiscovery did 400K... :lol

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Yazus said:
I expected SO4 to be 220k for now, only around 185/190k? Oh well, I really expect it to pass the milion LTD at the end of the year.

Also I really doubt SO4 will be ported to the PS3,

you expect SO4 to pass a million on a userbase that's barely going to pass a million? hahahaha

jett

D-Member
I wonder if Yakuza will be able to hold on for dear life.

Ah who am I kidding, it's gonna drop like a fucking rock. Not a single next-gen game has demonstrated even remotely decent legs in Japan so far...

sphinx

the piano man
Segata Sanshiro said:

This.

I think developers/publishers have given up on the Japanese HD videogame market and they don't care for the extra money they could get going multiplatform, either way.

there are 2 possible scenarios for a Dev producing and releasing a HD game in Japan:

1.- Go multiplatform, sell 200k instead of 60k-80k, not get Microsoft's mighty moneyhat for being exclusive.

2.- Go 360 exclusive, sell whatever pitiable ammount they can in Japan (60k- 80k), get the awesome moneyhat that should make up for the lack of the PS3 game sales and spare themselves the effort and any use of resources to actually produce a PS3 version with that.

if HD gaming matters only in the west, I am not sure which one of these scenarios is best.
what's more worth? get the extra PS3 150k units of sales for a game or a Moneyhat? I honestly don't know.

Spiegel

jett said:

Ah who am I kidding, it's gonna drop like a fucking rock. Not a single next-gen game has demonstrated even remotely decent legs in Japan so far...

Yeah, small userbase + new huge release (Resident Evil 5) = You should expect low sales for Yakuza 3 in its second week

Although with little legs Yakuza 3 is not going to end that far from Yakuza 2 and that's pretty good.

gantz85

Banned
jett said:

Here are some decent legs for the games for the hardcore which typically have 50% frontloads on their first week:

[360]
1 Blue Dragon
ブルードラゴン Microsoft
マイクロソフト RPG 07/12/2006
First Week 82.286 Units (40,39% of LTD)
LTD 203.740 Units

12 Ace Combat 6 (Platinum Collection)
エースコンバット6 解放への戦火 (プラチナコレクション) Bandai Namco
バンダイナムコ STG 06/11/2008
First Week 6.044 Units (7,50% of LTD)
LTD 80.608 Units

13 Beautiful Katamari Damashii (Platinum Collection)
ビューティフル塊魂 (プラチナコレクション) Bandai Namco
バンダイナムコ ACT 06/11/2008
First Week 5.782 Units (7,29% of LTD)
LTD 79.334 Units

[PS3]

2 Hot Shots Golf: Out of Bounds
みんなのGOLF 5 SCE
SCE SPT 26/07/2007
First Week 175.750 Units (45,66% of LTD)
LTD 384.882 Units

If you wanted something more meaty that people would give a shit about that had higher total sales, you need look no further than Gran Turismo

8 Gran Turismo 5 Prologue Spec.III
グランツーリスモ5プロローグ SpecIII SCE
SCE RCG 30/10/2008
First Week 34.186 Units (11,83% of LTD)
LTD 289.077 Units

Can someone tell me why GT5:p Spec III is selling? How does it have such long legs at 11.83%? Is it a pack-in with all hardware now?

Paracelsus

sphinx said:
This.

I think developers/publishers have given up on the Japanese HD videogame market and they don't care for the extra money they could get going multiplatform, either way.

there are 2 possible scenarios for a Dev producing and releasing a HD game in Japan:

1.- Go multiplatform, sell 200k instead of 60k-80k, not get Microsoft's mighty moneyhat for being exclusive.

2.- Go 360 exclusive, sell whatever pitiable ammount they can in Japan (60k- 80k), get the awesome moneyhat that should make up for the lack of the PS3 game sales and spare themselves the effort and any use of resources to actually produce a PS3 version with that.

if HD gaming matters only in the west, I am not sure which one of these scenarios is best.
what's more worth? get the extra PS3 150k units of sales for a game or a Moneyhat? I honestly don't know.

Jrpg is not a genre that can survive without the Japanese userbase, that's all. Most of the other games easily can, Jrpg mostly not.

SO4 can make it over a million worldwide. Afterall The Last Remnant and even Infinite Undiscovery did 400K...

I always wondered how in the world both IU and TLR reached 200k each in NA, while none of them was not even in the NPD top 20 in their first two months.

Also I really doubt SO4 will be ported to the PS3, and If will be, for sure the conversion wont be done by tri-Ace, they never ported a game IIRC.

Considering SO4 is their second game on X360, I dunno if that's a "pro" or a "con".

Spiegel

Paracelsus said:
I always wondered how in the world both IU and TLR reached 200k each in NA, while none of them was not even in the NPD top 20 in their first two months.

You know how

sphinx

the piano man
Paracelsus said:
Jrpg is not a genre that can survive without the Japanese userbase, that's all. Most of the other games easily can, Jrpg mostly not.

HD consoles aren't meant to help anything survive in Japan. All genres are equally screwed cause Japanese gamers didn't want the HD twins.

JRPGS will find/have found their home on handhelds.

That is a reason why I think publishers just don't expect much from anything on the HD consoles in Japan. In such a screwed HD ecosystem, publishers will spare themselves whatever effort they can ( including PS3 versions of games), specially if by doing so they receive a Juicy moneyhat.

gantz85

Banned
sphinx said:
This.

You frame it nicely overall but there are a few more issues.

Your point of choosing between the extra PS3 150k sales and the moneyhat is not taking things in perspective sufficiently enough.

These producers choosing 360-exclusive only have come up with titles like Star Ocean 4, Tales of Vesperia, Lost Planet, Dead Rising which ARE NOT JAPAN ONLY. This means that if they went multiplatform, PS3 would have a version that would typically triple 360 sales in Japan and perform half of 360 sales in North America.

So, solely for Japan it's [a] the extra PS3 sales releasing on the dominant HD console platform of choice and maintaining their presence and connection with the mainstream HD players [c] building a following that can take advantage of any expansion to the PS3 installbase in the future. For outside of Japan we are talking about half of 360 sales in North America but PS3 is strong and neck-and-neck with 360 in Europe.

Note that the 360-PS3 sales gap is still stuck at 8 million units, but things are different now.

i. 360 (14 million) vs PS3 (6 million) you have 360 at more than double of PS3, specifically 233% of PS3's installbase.

is very different from what it is now (2009) at

ii. 360 (28 million) vs PS3 (20 million) you have 360 significantly more than PS3, specifically 140% of PS3's installbase.

and is also very different from what it could possibly be

iii. 360 (58 million) vs PS3 (50 million) you have 360 more than PS3, specifically 116% of PS3's installbase.

PS3 is still keeping pace with the 360 in worldwide sales year after year, and even if the gap doesn't close no one can ignore that installbase. Developers can't ignore the 20 million current installbase for PS3 even now, much less the potential 50 million it could have years down the road.

And that's not even all of the picture, now with the added significant revenue stream of DLC, retail is just one part of the puzzle. With retail you still have to give cuts to the retailer. With DLC you have pure profit, and for any exclusive that's also potential DLC that cannot be sold to the left-out userbase. For example, if Lost Planet 2 were 360 exclusive, it's not only the units sold (sold/shipped) that matters but also the potential worth of DLC sales that should be accounted for. All this means that if the management at developers considering DLC are worth any salt, they should be getting bigger and bigger moneyhats as DLC contribute more to revenue.

People refer to GTA4's exclusive expansion pack's great performance on Xbox LIVE as a victory for Microsoft -- it is. And it's also a signal to developers that DLC is BIG MONEY, and that's revenue you're signing away with an exclusive.

gantz85

Banned
sphinx said:
HD consoles aren't meant to help anything survive in Japan. All genres are equally screwed cause Japanese gamers didn't want the HD twins.

That is a reason why I think publishers just don't expect much from anything on the HD consoles in Japan. In such a screwed HD ecosystem, publishers will spare themselves whatever effort they can ( including PS3 versions of games), specially if by doing so they receive a Juicy moneyhat.

Is the death of HD consoles greatly exaggerated?

May the consoles not scale down and take a less prominent place on the market, while still serving as profitable ventures? I can see games selling slightly better on the PS3 in the future by virtue of its larger usebase; and 3 million is definitely in sights. By Nintendo's account, the Gamecube sold 3.4 million in Japan (http://www.nintendo.co.jp/n10/news/040527e.pdf), and the PS3 is poised to sell more than that.

Isn't the question not whether future console generations can dominate but whether future console generations in Japan make money? You tell me.

sphinx

the piano man
I get your point and your analysis seems acurate.

My point is, maybe publishers just don't take their time to consider the HD twins at all?

I mean, maybe they don't even get to the point where they make analysis like yours and see how to take advantage of games in HD consoles. Maybe they just want this generation to end and have some homeconsole fill the shoes of the playstation 2 next time?

kind of like in Stand-by attitude.

I can picture a higher Up square Enix executive having the following in mind:

" Producing RPG mega-titles on the HD twins cost an awful ammount of money. In this hostile economy, every greenlighted game is a damn risk. The ??k sales we could potentially get from anything aren't worth taking said risk. If Japan does not care on the slightest about the HD consoles and the world is in economic stress, maybe we'd be better off waiting til things change and new products and consoles come around "

there's where Microsoft's moneyhat gets in the game and games like Last remnant or SO4 are done just to "pass by" and keep people's awareness.

does this make sense?

wazoo

gantz85 said:

Lost Planet 2 on ps3 is a sure thing. It was announced in Famitsu 360 in January that this title would be multi platform.

Eteric Rice said:
Isn't TvC up to 60k now?

Yeah. Are you underlining my point or are you trying to say that's good?

SF4 on 360 did that. 360. Yes, that console. In Japan. So how in sam hell shit is that a good number for TvC on Wii?

gantz85 said:
Can someone tell me why GT5:p Spec III is selling? How does it have such long legs at 11.83%? Is it a pack-in with all hardware now?
It was for a while, but I believe that promotion ended. Two of your other "legs" examples are for the same reason: Beautiful Katamari and Ace Combat 6 are currently bundled with 360. Sales over time are not really how the HD systems work in Japan. Frankly, it wasn't too much the case for past systems either; but the sparser release schedules just exacerbate it.

gantz85

Banned
wazoo said:
Lost Planet 2 on ps3 is a sure thing. It was announced in Famitsu 360 in January that this title would be multi platform.

Capcom has offered to clear up the confusion but nothing has been said yet.. I personally don't know. That thing looks shit hot though, and I think it may sell gangbusters.

sphinx said:
I can picture a higher Up square Enix executive having the following in mind:

" Producing RPG mega-titles on the HD twins cost an awful ammount of money. In this hostile economy, every greenlighted game is a damn risk. The ??k sales we could potentially get from anything aren't worth taking said risk. If Japan does not care on the slightest about the HD consoles and the world is in economic stress, maybe we'd be better off waiting til things change and new products and consoles come around "

there's where Microsoft's moneyhat gets in the game and games like Last remnant or SO4 are done just to "pass by" and keep people's awareness.

does this make sense?

Well a few issues:

(1) Why does the issue have to be limited to only RPG mega-titles? JRPGs nowadays basically sell only in Japan, so they're a special case issue. It's also why all the major exclusives secured for 360 Japan-only are RPGs and few other games are the same.

(2) Realistically no one is waiting for the hard conditions of the market to get better. They're actively looking for revenue NOW and hence the development boom on DS. It's a chicken and egg issue and there's all sorts of push and pulls that slowly scult the gaming hardware landscape, but the responsibility lies more on Sony to push that market.

So I don't think games are done just to "pass by", because every single entry in a series is a contributing factor to the performance of the next entry in the franchise.

Seriously, Sony seems to be struggling with getting the hardware price down and that's disappointing. It also has a harddrive built-in, which dictates that its floor price will never match those of Wii or 360. It needs a price-drop and a mini-redesign, but everyone's been chanting the same message for months.

Deku

Banned
sphinx said:

There is no HD ecosystem in Japan.

WinFonda

Deku said:
There is no HD ecosystem in Japan.

Segata Sanshiro said:

sphinx said:
This.

sphinx said:

The marginalization of the PS3/360 in Japan is beginning to stink like bullshit. Especially where it concerns PS3, as it's looking like one of the more viable platforms in Japan as of late. They're pulling in very respectable software hauls. You can say they're irrelevant if you want, but the publishers might think differently.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
WinFonda said:
The marginalization of the PS3/360 in Japan is beginning to stink like bullshit. Especially where it concerns PS3, as it's looking like one of the more viable platforms in Japan as of late. They're pulling in very respectable software hauls.

awww that's cute.

You can say they're irrelevant if you want, but the publishers might think differently.

The same publishers who loudly announce in the streets "Japan is irrelevant, we need to make our games for Western territories"?

Top Bottom