• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: 04 - 10 Dec (HOLY ****ING CRAP edition)

Oblivion said:
Well, 35k Zeldas out of 85k Wiis at least makes me a bit more optomistic. :)
Your forgetting the 210,000 that bought it last week and might have decide to get zelda. So of 285,000 Wii owners without Zelda 35,000 got it this week.

Krowley

gamergirly said:
Wii only had 100,000 in the new shipments. How are you supposed to flop when you sold 85% of what was available?? :lol

apprently they didn't even get 100k out, because i gaurentee they soldout of every unit that made it to store shelves.

they're just shipping less than planned and it is a bit disapointing because they should be able to get them out faster than that.

Barf_the_Mog

powerless or are they? o_O
Attention J-GAFers

How are the Wii supplies in Japan right now? Are last weeks Wii sales (in relation to our expectations) low because of supply constraints or are you seeing stacks and stacks of Wii units sitting in store shelves?

medrew

kisakiproject said:
Your forgetting the 210,000 that bought it last week and might have decide to get zelda. So of 285,000 Wii owners without Zelda 35,000 got it this week.

I guess Blue Dragon also bombed as well then.

Lapsed

Banned
gamergirly said:
Wii only had 100,000 in the new shipments. How are you supposed to flop when you sold 85% of what was available?? :lol

How little YOU know! This is how it works:

Wii actually sells software with its hardware = MASSIVE FLOPPAGE.

Xbox 360 has one Japanese orientated game = Xbox 360 success in Japan! (After that one JRPG, Xbox 360 can now go back to making violent shooter after violent shooter)

PS3 and PSP sell no software in top 30 = OMG, INEVITABLE DOMINATION!! (Selling software with hardware is so last generation).

cvxfreak

If Nintendo can get a 350K Wii shipment out there during a week, and a 650K DSL shipment, then they can sell over a million units of hardware in a week.

That's what they're going for! :lol

GhaleonEB said:
ItsAlive.jpg

Doctor! The patient is showing signs of life!

that was awesome.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
jesus holy christ at the DS. that's without any notable huge release. wtf just wtf?

starship

psycho_snake's and The Black Brad Pitt's B*TCH
DS was expectable.
Wii sales are lower than what I thought.
X360 did very well considering its sales in the past, but I expect a huge drop next week even though traditionaly next week is bigger.
Others, meh.

fresquito

Error2k4 said:
jesus holy christ at the DS. that's without any notable huge release. wtf just wtf?
Seeing the numbers from last year, it isn't that surprising. I'd even say that demand is higher than offer.

Barf_the_Mog said:
Attention J-GAFers

How are the Wii supplies in Japan right now? Are last weeks Wii sales (in relation to our expectations) low because of supply constraints or are you seeing stacks and stacks of Wii units sitting in store shelves?

There are probably stacks and stacks of Wiis in every store in Japan, enough to reach the heavens and then some! There, are you at peace now?

enishi

Error2k4 said:

Someone in Japan might know DQIX announcement before Iwata did. :p

The long legsssss of DS games can drive the sales alone...

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
DQIX will have little impact. Nintendo has a set shipment allotment of 1.5 million. I believe that's the number that has been reported.

So while people might be going crazy for DQIX, people won't be able to buy as many as they might want to.

D

Deleted member 13414

Unconfirmed Member
Thats good sales for the 360 isnt their a rumor that SE is developing 2 new xbox 360 games?

Nintendo needs to ship 200k Wiis next week along with Battle Revolution.

@360 next week has 4 releases, vortexx, EDF5, PSU and WE. First day sales will show if any of this 360 momentum has carried into next week. I expect the week after that w/LP and some other small titles though sonic should do decently to be the biggest besides BD week.

Error

starship said:
DS was expectable.
Wii sales are lower than what I thought.
X360 did very well considering its sales in the past, but I expect a huge drop next week even though traditionaly next week is bigger.
Others, meh.
if those DS sales are expectable to you... hm yeah WOW. I mean, 300k a week where there wasnt a single decent game (could be wrong) released for the system is VERY impressive. who the **** is buying this system anyway? at this rate seems like everyone in japan will eventually have one.

obligatory itprintmoney.gif

Scotch

Error2k4 said:
if those DS sales are expectable to you... hm yeah WOW. I mean, 300k a week where there wasnt a single decent game (could be wrong) released for the system is VERY impressive. who the **** is buying this system anyway? at this rate seems like everyone in japan will eventually have one.

It's december, dude.

Lapsed said:
How little YOU know! This is how it works:

Wii actually sells software with its hardware = MASSIVE FLOPPAGE.

Xbox 360 has one Japanese orientated game = Xbox 360 success in Japan! (After that one JRPG, Xbox 360 can now go back to making violent shooter after violent shooter)

PS3 and PSP sell no software in top 30 = OMG, INEVITABLE DOMINATION!! (Selling software with hardware is so last generation).

:lol

Yamauchi

Banned
Yeah, the Wii attach rate increased significantly this week. Also, if Wiis are sitting around on shelves in Japan, the people who are buying it for $400 online at Amazon JP and Yahoo Auctions are getting ripped off.

dirtmonkey37

flinging feces ---->
Well anyways, with Lost Planet out next week, I hope the 360 sales do stay constant and with Blue Dragon still being widely available....Why did all those people line up when they could have clearly just popped in in the afternoon to buy BD?

starship

psycho_snake's and The Black Brad Pitt's B*TCH
Error2k4 said:

Do you remember last Dec? With such a high demand for DS, its not that surprising to see these types of numbers even in a non holiday week.
Also JUS, Love & Berry, General Knowledge Training, Kirby, Pokemon and even NSMB are the games that most likely push the hardware at this point.

apujanata

slaughterking said:
01. DSL 309,630 (+ 75,0%)
02. Wii 85,439 (- 75,6%)
03. PS3 50,171 (+ 59,6%)
04. Xbox360 35,343 (+ 772,0%)
05. PS2 30,460 (+ 31,8%)
06. PSP 28,930 (+ 21,0%)

[fanboy mode] Wow, if PS3 can keep up their upward trend (aka doubling their sales every two week), they will be able to beat PS2 sales of 20 Million in no time at all.[/fanboy mode]

Any news regarding availability of Wii in Japan ? If it is easy to find Wii in Japan, then Wii's future is not good.

Tadaima

dirtmonkey37 said:
Well anyways, with Lost Planet out next week, I hope the 360 sales do stay constant and with Blue Dragon still being widely available....Why did all those people line up when they could have clearly just popped in in the afternoon to buy BD?

Because Japanese people like lining up for stuff. It's almost as big as bug collecting and taking photos of yourself decorated with tiny bits of artwork.

Taurus

I'm very curious to know why Wii sales are so low. :O

Shipping problems or what? Even with problems they should definitely do better than 85k...

Error

starship said:
Do you remember last Dec? With such a high demand for DS, its not that surprising to see these types of numbers even in a non holiday week.
Also JUS, Love & Berry, General Knowledge Training, Kirby, Pokemon and even NSMB are the games that most likely push the hardware at this point.
ah... well I rarely read these threads so that's why, Im a little impressed hehe

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Ra\/en said:
Why are the HW numbers not on the front page?
Because cvxfreak is too damn lazy.

BTW these threads have become boring ever since I stopped tracking the HW numbers. Maybe I should start again.

I had predicted that due to limited DS supply and two hot new consoles, from the week after Wii launch until the end of the year there would be no proper overall Pac-Man charts. I was wrong.
pacchartweekly.php

http://joshuajamesslone.name/gamecharting/pacchartweekly.php?date1=2006-12-04

If Wii stops selling, and PS3 continues at this rate, it catches up to Wii on January 6 of next year. Those DS numbers are big, but they're about the same as this week last year (299,328); we've reached a year since the real DS explosion.

GhaleonEB said:
The 360 just increased its installed base in Japan by twenty percent in one week.
Sure, and Wii just increased its by 24% and PS3 by 27%. :p (Of course I am kidding and know why it's a bigger deal for X360.)

cvxfreak said:
11 DS Love and Berry 54000 536000 62
12 DS New Super Mario Brothers 54000 3540000 96
15 DS Animal Crossing Wild World 42000 3510000 97
16 DS More Brain Age 37000 3520000 96
26 DS Mario Kart DS 19000 1784000 97
27 DS 200 Mannin Kanji 19000 111000 69
37 DS Final Fantasy III 11000 888000 83
40 DS Kanji Shiken 8900 34000 45
41 DS have no clue 8600 8600 47
42 DS Tetris DS 8600 926000 95
56 Wii Swing Golf Pangya 5700 23000 41
59 Wii SD Gundam SCAD Hammers 4800 14000 29
61 GBA Rhythm Tengoku 4600 264000 95
64 PSP Parappa the Rapper 4200 4200 17
65 DS Phoenix Wright Justice for All 4200 61000 70
69 DS ペスト 3900 133000 55
78 Wii Red Steel 3100 12000 25
79 DS Tingle 3100 190000 89
81 DS Custom Robo 3000 90000 76
82 360 DOAX2? 3000 52000 69
89 DS Phoenix Wright 2500 118000 88
100 Wii Crayon Shinchan 1900 6200 19
Thanks cvx, I dig the lower down numbers, gives one a sense of perspective. Apparently some of the third party Wii games didn't bomb terribly, good news.

What do the third set of numbers represent?

cvxfreak

Fuzzy said:
Because cvxfreak is too damn lazy.

BTW these threads have become boring ever since I stopped tracking the HW numbers. Maybe I should start again.

Now who's lazy? :p

For the sake of completeness, can someone post YTD and LTD for each system to go on the first post?

jimbo

Banned
01. DSL 309,630 (+ 75,0%)
02. Wii 85,439 (- 75,6%)
03. PS3 50,171 (+ 59,6%)
04. Xbox360 35,343 (+ 772,0%)
05. PS2 30,460 (+ 31,8%)
06. PSP 28,930 (+ 21,0%)

That's freaking hillarious!

As far as the PS3 numbers, good to see it go up, but the only thing we can celebrate is that Sony is shipping more units.

And did Nintendo ship less than 100k units? It would look pretty bad not selling out in week 2.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
cvxfreak said:
Now who's lazy? :p

For the sake of completeness, can someone post YTD and LTD for each system to go on the first post?
I stopped when I started doing lots of overtime at work and stopped posting so much. When crunch time was over, I just didn't get back to it. :(

jimbo

Banned
duckroll said:
Wow, that's a huge difference from Media Create's numbers. They have RgG at 293k and Blue Dragon at 62k w/bundle and mention that they tracked about 16k bundle sales.

I've always wondered why there's such a big difference between Media Create, Dengeki and Famitsu. Does anyone know?

duckroll said:
Wow, that's a huge difference from Media Create's numbers. They have RgG at 293k and Blue Dragon at 62k w/bundle and mention that they tracked about 16k bundle sales.

Thats why people look at famitsu and m-create and not dengeki.

SS4Gogita

Henshin!
JoshuaJSlone said:
I had predicted that due to limited DS supply and two hot new consoles, from the week after Wii launch until the end of the year there would be no proper overall Pac-Man charts. I was wrong.
pacchartweekly.php

http://joshuajamesslone.name/gamecharting/pacchartweekly.php?date1=2006-12-04

If Wii stops selling, and PS3 continues at this rate, it catches up to Wii on January 6 of next year. Those DS numbers are big, but they're about the same as this week last year (299,328); we've reached a year since the real DS explosion.

Sure, and Wii just increased its by 24% and PS3 by 27%. :p (Of course I am kidding and know why it's a bigger deal for X360.)

Pac-Man is dying though :(

Top Bottom