• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales 10/22 - 10/28 2007

sprocket

Banned
wow square still has pull in japan. thats the first DS game in a long time to launch over 100k. I am interested to see how FF13 works out.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
You know it's really rude to repost an entire article from a website, image leeching the images and costing the site site bandwidth, and not even providing a link--I know it wasn't your intention because you preserved the site's name and all, but it still hurts the site. The article was from the very awesome Siliconera

Stumpokapow said:
You know it's really rude to repost an entire article from a website, image leeching the images and costing the site site bandwidth, and not even providing a link--I know it wasn't your intention because you preserved the site's name and all, but it still hurts the site. The article was from the very awesome Siliconera

You're right about the link. Just forgot it. Corrected.

Mithos Yggdrasill said:
Link to the article

And what if Super Mario Galaxy bombs ?

What the hell Japan...what the hell...If Super Mario Galaxy can't break them out of this funk, what will? Wii Fit?

Is it because it's the heart of the school year? I can't imagine a release this big in North America being met with such apathy, not after seeing Madden and Halo.

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
Mithos Yggdrasill said:
Link to the article

And what if Super Mario Galaxy bombs ?

Holy shite. Miyamoto doesn't want to make another TP level Zelda after it bombed, could the same hold true for future Mario games? D:

Seems Amir0x will get his wish.

donny2112

Segata Sanshiro said:
Segata Response #1:
If you check out last week's Media Create thread, you'll find GAF has collectively written a book, a text if you will, on what makes a spin-off a spin-off.

Not a definitive text, though. It's based on perception and individual determination. To imply that there is anything other than personal texts on what makes a spin-off a spin-off would be misleading. That said, we don't need to go down that road again. It doesn't have an end and the road is very bumpy. :p

Well, it looks like the only possible saviour for real gaming in Japan now is NiGHTS

and man let me tell you nights isn't a very effective saviour

RBH

Nice piece from Siliconera about the SMG launch. Can't wait to see the first day numbers for not only SMG, but AC6 as well.

The 360 price drop has just taken effect in Japan today, correct?

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
Segata Sanshiro said:
Seems Phoenix Down was right. If only he hadn't been a thief and stolen Shenmue II, he could be here to gloat.

:(

What did Phoenix Down say?

Bo130

Aeris130 said:
Wait for

Metroid Prime
Mario Galaxy
Smash Bros.
Wii Fit

Wii Fit is out before Brawl :).

Seriously, though, WTF, I had never expected Galaxy to bomb. I'm still waiting for the first day numbers and then MC next week. It can't be...

mckmas8808 said:
What did Phoenix Down say?
I aim to please:
Phoenix Down said:
really i read recently Mario in japan isent very popular... there was more advertisement for FF CC... anyways mario hasent sold well in Japan for a VERY long time..
Alas, he committed the high crime of stealing a SEGA game, an act which is punishable only by death, and not battle-death, which is temporary and might be reversed by a phoenix down, but cut-scene death, which is far more permanant.

:(

Lightning

Banned
Mario Galaxy won't bomb and there is something wrong with that article. Ace Combat 6 outsell Mario Galaxy even for one week? If that happens in Media Create, someone can perma ban my account.

Lightning said:
Mario Galaxy won't bomb and there is something wrong with that article. Ace Combat 6 outsell Mario Galaxy even for one week? If that happens in Media Create, someone can perma ban my account.

Don't give me a reason to root for AC6 over SMG.

Lightning

Banned
PepsimanVsJoe said:
Don't give me a reason to root for AC6 over SMG.
I love you too.... Oh wait, before that quote I don't think I even remember your username.

And Galaxy won't bomb, no matter what any article says.

Lets go step by step, which right now is waiting for MC hardware numbers, then waiting for Famitsu first day numbers, and THEN and not anytime before, the laughs, shocks, joy, tears and various other overreacting techniques.

Btw, I'm sorry for Segata but it will be Scamco...I mean Namdai the real gaming saviour with Soul Calibur Legends....and hanetobi.

Long lines are not the be-all end-all. I'm sure many of you remember the difference in the images of the DS and PSP launches in late 2004.

Nolan.

JoshuaJSlone said:
Long lines are not the be-all end-all. I'm sure many of you remember the difference in the images of the DS and PSP launches in late 2004.

The lines thing confuses me so much sometimes like when the ps3 launched and Blue dragon came out ''wow look at the lines''...then we saw the actual numbers. I can't remember the last time it worked the other way though, people said when VF5 launched there were hardly any lines but it wasn't ''indicitive''. I'm not sure about galaxy though if it bombs by mario standards I will have a big laugh though because there will be so many ''Sony to make a comeback'' prophecies.

JoshuaJSlone said:

Yeah, but I remember also the lines for New Super Mario Bros., Animal Crossing WW and Brain Training 2.

I'm more and more convinced that Wii is a big success, but not as wide and complete as the Nintendo DS has been. Wii needs a bigger hardcore audience and I hope that games like Galaxy or Brawl or Mario Kart next year will drive this.

Another thing: if hardc're's gamers are so few on Wii, where are they ? PS3 is selling really bad. X360: even worse. Maybe a part is still playing with PS2, but not a single big game is scheduled for PS2 anymore. So what ? I think that a big part has bought a PSP (and a DS of course). And the rest is still waiting to be convinced.

Hcoregamer00

The 'H' stands for hentai.
Mithos Yggdrasill said:
Another thing: if hardc're's gamers are so few on Wii, where are they ? PS3 is selling really bad. X360: even worse. Maybe a part is still playing with PS2, but not a single big game is scheduled for PS2 anymore. So what ? I think that a big part has bought a PSP. And the rest is still waiting to be convinced.

Yeah, just ignore the DS.

Disgaea 3 already has a cover? 1/31 will be full of games by the way.

61nEdboe63L._SS400_.jpg

GT5P cover...uhm....

0aa9afd3ac4e031ad166d69ca5c9037c.jpg

In other Scamco news, Tales of Symphonia Knight of Ratatosk is NOT a tentative title anymore.

fa9a383313bef1e314354e294a75bb9e.PNG

Taurus

I can't remember if NSMB had any lines... Anyone else remember? And look how that pathetic little unwanted & unliked game ended up.

SMG won't bomb, that's for sure. :)

Nolan.

Mithos Yggdrasill said:
Yeah, but I remember also the lines for New Super Mario Bros., Animal Crossing WW and Brain Training.

I'm more and more convinced that Wii is a big success, but not as wide and complete as the Nintendo DS has been. Wii needs a bigger hardcore audience and I hope that games like Galaxy or Brawl or Mario Kart next year will drive this.

Another thing: if hardc're's gamers are so few on Wii, where are they ? PS3 is selling really bad. X360: even worse. Maybe a part is still playing with PS2, but not a single big game is scheduled for PS2 anymore. So what ? I think that a big part has bought a PSP. And the rest is still waiting to be convinced.

I just think the japanese market when it comes to hardcore this generation will be fairly small for a long while yet. Software for the wii considering the amount it's already sold in the region doesn't impress me that much to think similar sales couldn't be achieved on the likes of the ps3 for example. Having said that though galaxy is yet to be released and that was just one article.

mabuza

Banned
so disgaea is coming out the same time as dmc4? ugh i think NI needs to either pull it back or forward, or else it will buried.

Here's the thread on NSMB's huge first day, but either there are no line pics or the URLs have broken in the last year-and-a-half.
Nolan. said:
The lines thing confuses me so much sometimes like when the ps3 launched and Blue dragon came out ''wow look at the lines''...then we saw the actual numbers.
In those instances we can attribute it to a combination of particularly frontloaded hardcore demand, and in PS3's case severe shortages.
davepoobond said:
whowhowhowhowhoaaa wait. super mario galaxy isn't sold out after its released?
Well, for that to happen it would not only have to start better than any N64/GCN/Wii game before it, but do so by at least double.

Yes, i read.
He went in Akihabara in the morning, Sofmap, Yodobashi and he said no lines for SMG, a lot of SMG on the shelves.

So people started to say OMG SMG BOMBA!!!!

It's like i go in some stores in my city when SMG arrives in UE and, noticing no lines and a lot of copies on the shelves, i say : strange, people is ignoring this game.

How much representive is a single part of a town to general sales ?
How much representive is a line in front of some shops ?
There were people waiting for Blue Dragon in Japan, this means it sold a million?

YSO guys are saying around 300-350k copies for SMG on first week, it would be one of the best debut for a Nintendo home console
(check my post on previous MC thread when i showed some SFC debuts from 1995 to 1997)

Link said:
700k, I believe, but those are retailer preorders.
Oh. But anyway, that might mean that there were loads of games on shelves, fact that they are still sitting there doesnt prov anything.

Loudninja

Ynos Yrros said:
Oh. But anyway, that might mean that there were loads of games on shelves, fact that they are still sitting there doesnt prov anything.

Yeah, we should wat for the first day sales

ksamedi

Shiggy said:
There will be enough copies sold to make another Mario game :D

And thats what I care about in the end. But it would also be nice to see Mario 3D do more than a 2D game for a change, people need to move on already.

Ynos Yrros said:
It proves it isn't selling.

Maybe they can build housing out of them for some of the Tokyo hobos.

Sage00

Once And Future Member
Ynos Yrros said:
It proves that retailers might have been wrong about their estimates and may now cut prices and not order alot more?

Or having several thousand copies lying there could be a good thing. They certainly are colorful, brightens up the store.

Top Bottom