• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales 11/12 - 11/18 2007

smurfx

get some go again
my prediction is 130k first day and 210k for the first week. i think it will sell 1.3 mil for it's lifetime.

apujanata

Prediction for Wii Fit, up to post #856

first week sales :

Code:
Satter          : 600K.
donny2112       : 400K - 500K.
schuelma        : 400K.
xisiqomelir     : 400K.
RBH             : 375K
reilo           : 350K
kenka           : 346K.
apujanata       : 333K - 375K.
charlequin      : 326K.
Frillen         : 300K - 350K (from 400K - 500K).
riskychris      : 300K.
Phife Dawg      : 300K.
sp0rsk          : 300K.
Lucky           : 252K.
tanod           : 250K (from 400K).
Innotech        : 250K
iidesuyo        : 240K.
justchris       : 225K.
Moor-Angol      : 225K.
smurfx          : 210K.
Cooltrick       : 200K.
Lobster         : 200K. (from 180K)
BishopLamont    : 200K.
Dash Kappei     : 185K.
PantherLotus    : 175K.
Segata Sanshiro : 170K (from 325k).
sphinx          : 165K
First children  : 160K
PhoenixDark     : 150K.
perfectchaos007 : 150K.
Oblivion        : 150K.
Nolan.          : 130K.
taconinja       : 100K
zombie crimes   : 70K - 100K.

LTD
Code:
ksamedi         : 5 Million
apujanata       : 3.5 Million
Segata Sanshiro : 3.2 Million
RBH             : 2.5 Million
sp0rsk          : 2.5 Million
Dash Kappei     : 2.4 Million
Lobster         : 2.3 Million
reilo           : 2.0 Million
kenka           : 1.85 Million
perfectchaos007 : 1.5 Milion
BishopLamont    : 1.5 Million
tanod           : 1.5 - 2.0 Million
smurfx          : 1.3 Million

Given that my original prediction was made entirely in the course of an hilarious (and one-sided) effort at brinksmanship re: our good friend Segata -- an effort rendered null and void by the revelation of the 2-day opening week just moments thereafter -- I hereby alter my prediction to 171k.

charlequin said:
Given that my original prediction was made entirely in the course of an hilarious (and one-sided) effort at brinksmanship re: our good friend Segata -- an effort rendered null and void by the revelation of the 2-day opening week just moments thereafter -- I hereby alter my prediction to 171k.
sonova!

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
It's too bad that earlier schmuck couldn't give a straight answer to a simple question. He might have been around to partake of the festivities!

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
charlequin said:

ONE DOLLAR, BOB!

price1.jpg

Bishman

What is the attitude of Japanese developers with Japan not buying games for consoles but for handhelds? If I was a Japanese developer, I would focus on the western market first then Japan second. Then make some good DS / PSP games, since they are eating it up.

SuomiDude

I'd say 75K first week... it'll start slow, as people want to see how it works first, then it actually raises to 130K on the second week. First month is around 400K, LTD 2,2M.

Belgorim

speedpop said:
I'd predict but I don't want to stand out like a fool in case it's too low or too high :lol
then check what everyone else is predicting, predict right in the middle of the bunch... noone cares that you are a fool if everyone is wrong :)

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Pureauthor said:
Also the 'A's are but a distant memory. Who though they were still on anyway? :p

I think what confuses me is the hemispheral thing. In England / many other countries that do A-levels, they're generally written in May. My country doesn't have them, but we wrote our high school finals in late May or early June.

Wow! last week my prediction was the lowest!

It's only 2 days of sales, for a game with no existing userbase, with an higher than usual price... considering the amazing marketing budget put on launch and hype I'll stick with my 160k first week.

LTD is difficult to say, but I don't see this outselling Wii Sports, I'd say 3,100,000 LTD.

Kosma

Banned
Pureauthor said:
Um, Li Jiang is a city.

Also the 'A's are but a distant memory. Who though they were still on anyway? :p

Well you said Lijang province in your post to be fair ;) Be sure to go to Tiger Leaping Gorge!

spwolf

Wii fit is the last product that really needs strong 1st week sales - i will sell kick ass over the first 6 months, no matter what first day/week sales are - this is not an game really, rather an fitness product.

I see it becoming crazy big anywhere, as next gen fitness, if it works well. Who does not want computer based fitness product? Possibilities are limitless. Just as it works well.

Kafel said:
Isn't that game more expensive than usual ?
8800 yen, which is above average. However, if a title is wanted enough that hasn't tended to stop early sales. Final Fantasy X was also 8800, and Dragon Quest VIII was 9240. Of course, we don't really imagine Wii Fit is going after that crowd, so it might seem especially expensive to the Wii Sports (4800) or Brain Age (2800) crowd.

gkryhewy

spwolf said:
Wii fit is the last product that really needs strong 1st week sales - i will sell kick ass over the first 6 months, no matter what first day/week sales are - this is not an game really, rather an fitness product.

I see it becoming crazy big anywhere, as next gen fitness, if it works well. Who does not want computer based fitness product? Possibilities are limitless. Just as it works well.

This is an atypically rational post. Kooodoooz!

homer_beer.png

predictions:

1st day: 125k
1st week: 346k (assuming supply avail.)
Lifetime: 3.0m

donny2112

justjohn said:
according to sinobi, wii fit preorders are in the 150,000 to 300000 range.

If so, it's going to be completely sold out in the first week of sales. Nintendo better have a big second shipment ready for the following week.

Moor-Angol said:
All you guys

Don't have to forget

Wii Fit first week sales

Will be

Only 2 days

Instead of

4 days as usual

;)

I don't know about others, but ...

donny2112 said:

I stand by that, too. If Nintendo has enough in stores, > 400K sold for the first two days.

Top Bottom