• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: 11/24 - 11/30

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
viciouskillersquirrel said:
This makes me happy, despite having him on ignore.

how could you possibly be happy at that poor little kitten being stepped on?
Indifferent2.gif

Link

The Autumn Wind
TunaLover said:
I don't understand why SE don't put real effort behind Wii
They don't want to.

EDIT - To elaborate further, they also don't need to. They have the PS3/360 for their big-budget, high production value games, and the DS and PSP for ports and smaller projects (and DQ).

PantherLotus said:
how could you possibly be happy at that poor little kitten being stepped on? http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v500/EvilTaru/Indifferent2.gif[ /IMG][/QUOTE]
I could say something about cats and squirrels being natural enemies, but really, it's more a case of the quality of threads going down the gutter whenever he shows his face. Ick.

Anyway, no one answered my question about Gundam.

I could say something about cats and squirrels being natural enemies, but really, it's more a case of the quality of threads going down the gutter whenever he shows his face. Ick.

No lie I saw a cat chase down a squirrel in broad daylight catch it in his mouth and snap the spine and just run off with it. I live in NYC so it was a bit shocking to me. -.-

Gaborn

Cirekiller said:
No lie I saw a cat chase down a squirrel in broad daylight catch it in his mouth and snap the spine and just run off with it. I live in NYC so it was a bit shocking to me. -.-

5 or 6 years ago I saw my dog (now deceased) bite the tail off a chipmunk just before it scampered up a tree.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck

Gundam is popular in Japan for the same reasons 'Professional' Wrestling is popular in the United States: culture. They have a thing for giant robots that can destroy cities, fly around the moon, and look menacing with a giant V on their forehead; we like sweaty men in manties gettin' all tough and rough and stuff.

I completely missed this thread.

Looks like the New Years' sales are starting to ramp up.

Also, why is Gundam so popular? Are the games ever any good?

Gundam is a lot like Star Trek or Star Wars for Japanese. Plus, they're pretty much gigantic samurai robots based on the original design.

Why in the world did Konami ship so many Winning Eleven units right off the bat? It just seems like an insanely high number. did they really expect it to become the 2nd best selling PS3 in it's first week?

I'm wondering if the complete price collapse we've seen from the flood of used-mgs4's has something to do with Konami's Choice in shipping that many. Go Pick up the limited edition brand new off amazon for 3,400.

In Other news world destruction is going down in price about 5 percent a week at amazon.co.jp, Currently at 58% off with 2,514 yen. How low will it go?

asmodeal

hey have a thing for giant robots that can destroy cities, fly around the moon, and look menacing with a giant V on their forehead
You are right, but just for your info, gundam is not about that.
I'm not an expert on the subject, but it's more about a war between colonies and earth
or between a supposedly independent third party trying to enforce peace by terror on a world ravaged by wars
and usually a side or the other happen to have a secret and powerful mech powered by G.U.N.D.AM. system.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
asmodeal said:
I'm not an expert on the subject, but it's more about a war between colonies and earth
or between a supposedly independent third party trying to enforce peace by terror on a world ravaged by wars
and usually a side or the other happen to have a secret and powerful mech powered by G.U.N.D.AM. system.

:lol

Firestorm

asmodeal said:
well i'm an expert on japanese culture and it's about giant robots that can destroy cities, fly around the moon, and look menacing with a giant v on their forehead

zoku88

Haha, but seriously

Gundam is supposed to be about how much war sucks

And about giant mechs beating the crap about eachother

linsivvi

Also, why is Gundam so popular? Are the games ever any good?

The Gundam vs series is worth checking out. Even though Capcom is not involved any more, the first few games in the series were developed by Capcom and they simply inherited the engine and game design here. The quality is not your average run of the mill anime games.

justchris

donny2112 said:
His contention was that it had sold more software since late July when Dengeki started listing total software for each system per week. Total software for the year is very much in the Wii's favor due to Smash, Mario Kart, and continued sales of Fit, Play, and Sports. All of those except for Wii Play currently rank behind MHP2G but ahead of the second PSP game for the year, PSP.

Good point, I'd noted that, but kind forgotten it in the flow of conversation. Still, I think the thing that defeats his point is that Wii has better sales across a broader range of software. But there are certainly genres where, as a publisher, I'd go PSP over Wii.

As horribly unlikley as it is, if MH3 manages to outsell MHP2G, I forsee much wailing and gnashing of teeth.

dabra

Famitsu

DSi 88000
PSP 58000
Wii 42000
PS3 35000
DSL 24000
360 12000
PS2 6900

01. [NDS] Professor Layton and The Last Time Travel (Level 5) - 361,000 / NEW
02. [PS3] Pro Evolution Soccer 2009 (Konami) - 175,000 / NEW
03. [WII] Animal Crossing: City Folk (Nintendo) - 110,000 / 414,000
04. [NDS] Chrono Trigger (Square Enix) - 82,000 / 358,000
05. [PSP] Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Monsters GX: Tag Force 3 (Konami) - 64,000 / NEW
06. [PSP] Kidou Senshi Gundam: Gundam vs. Gundam (Bandai Namco) - 57,000 / 297,000
07. [PSP] Kenka Banchou 3: Zenkoku Seiha (Spike) - 49,000 / NEW
08. [NDS] Kirby Super Star Ultra (Nintendo) - 44,000 / 452,000
09. [PSP] Warriors Orochi 2 (Koei) - 43,000 / NEW
10. [PSP] Higurashi Daybreak Portable (Alchemist) - 33,000 / NEW
11. [NDS] Wagamama Fashion: Girl's Mode (Nintendo) - 33,000 / 250,000
12. [NDS] Higurashi no Nakukoru ni Kizuna: Dai-Ni-Kan - Sou (Alchemist) - 30,000 / NEW
13. [NDS] Rhythm Heaven (Nintendo) - 29,000 / 1,129,000
14. [NDS] Saka-Tsuku DS: Touch and Direct (Sega) - 28,000 / 101,000
15. [PSP] Patapon 2 (SCE) - 24,000 / NEW
16. [NDS] Pokemon Platinum (Pokemon) - 24,000 / 1,928,000
17. [WII] Wii Fit (Nintendo) - 23,000 / 2,756,000
18. [NDS] Tamagotchi Kira Kira Omisecchi (Bandai Namco) - 21,000 / NEW
19. [NDS] Little Magicians Magic Adventure (Konami) - 18,000 / 95,000
20. [WII] Rune Factory Frontier (Marvelous) - 18,000 / NEW
21. [PS3] Gran Turismo 5 Prologue: Spec III (SCE) - 18,000 / 113,000
22. [NDS] Ryuusei no RockMan 3: Black Ace & Red Joker (Capcom) - 18,000 / 106,000
23. [360] The Last Remnant (Square Enix) - 17,000 / 119,000
24. [WII] Naruto Shippuuden Gekitou Ninja Taisen EX3 (Takara Tomy) - 16,000 / NEW
25. [PSP] Monster Hunter Portable 2nd G, PSP the Best (Capcom) - 13,000 / 80,000
26. [PS3] Way of the Samurai 3 (Spike) - 11,000 / 114,000
27. [WII] Mario Kart Wii (Nintendo) - 11,000 / 1,841,000
28. [WII] Wii Music (Nintendo) - 11,000 / 208,000
29. [PSP] Eiyuu Densetsu: Sora no Kiseki Set (Falcom) - 10,000 / NEW
30. [360] Pro Evolution Soccer 2009 (Konami) - 9,200 / NEW

[NDS] Bakumatsu Koihana: Shinsengumi DS (D3) - 6,200 / NEW
[360] Far Cry 2 (Ubisoft) - 5,500 / NEW
[PSP] Moe Moe 2-ji Taisen [Ryoku] Deluxe (SystemSoft Alpha) - 5,400 / NEW
[NDS] The Conveni DS: Otona no Keiei Ryoku Training (Nippon Ichi) - 5,000 / NEW
[PS2] Junjou Romanchika (Marvelous) - 4,500 / NEW
[PS2] Naxat Soft Reachmania Vol. 1: CR Galaxy Angel (Naxat Soft) - 4,100 / NEW
[PS2] Moe Moe 2-ji Taisen [Ryoku] Deluxe (SystemSoft Alpha) - 3,500 / NEW
[360] Agarest Senki: Reappearance (Compile Heart) - 3,300 / NEW
[NDS] Simple DS Series Vol. 45: The Misshitsukara no Dasshutsu 2 (D3) - 3,100 / NEW
[PS2] Monochrome Fighter: Cross Road (5pb) - 2,700 / NEW
[WII] Hataraku Hito (Hudson) - 2,000 / NEW
[PS3] Brothers in Arms: Hell's Highway (Ubisoft) - 1,900 / NEW
[NDS] Kaite Oboeru: Dora-Gana (Sega) - 800 / NEW
[NDS] Keiki J.B. Harold Jikenbo: Manhattan Requiem & Kiss of Murder (fonfun) - 650 / NEW
[WII] Kotoba no Puzzle: Mojipittan Wii Deluxe (Bandai Namco) - 580 / NEW
[NDS] Shiseido Beauty Solution Kaihatsu Center Kanshuu: Project Beauty (Sega) - 570 / NEW

Spiegel

Wii Music - Famitsu

Code:
Week - Sales
1    -    99k
2    -    42k
3    -    23k
4    -    15k
5    -    9.8k
6    -    9k
7    -    11k

Total ~208k sold ltd/~333k shipped first week

The pricedrop helping the sales?

Wii Music would have done much better at budget price.

ksamedi

Spiegel said:
Wii Music - Famitsu

Code:
Week - Sales
1    -    99k
2    -    42k
3    -    23k
4    -    15k
5    -    9.8k
6    -    9k
7    -    11k

Total ~208k sold ltd/~333k shipped first week

The pricedrop helping the sales?

Wii Music would have done much better at budget price.

I think that counts for every game.

When did Wiimusic get a price drop?

Spiegel

ksamedi said:
When did Wiimusic get a price drop?

I read that in this forum. Wii Music had a price drop in amazon jp (at least).

And Vinnk is saying that there are lots of used copies

RpgN

dabra said:
Famitsu

DSi 88000
PSP 58000
Wii 42000
PS3 35000
DSL 24000
360 12000
PS2 6900

01. [NDS] Professor Layton and The Last Time Travel (Level 5) - 361,000 / NEW
02. [PS3] Pro Evolution Soccer 2009 (Konami) - 175,000 / NEW
03. [WII] Animal Crossing: City Folk (Nintendo) - 110,000 / 414,000
04. [NDS] Chrono Trigger (Square Enix) - 82,000 / 358,000
05. [PSP] Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Monsters GX: Tag Force 3 (Konami) - 64,000 / NEW
06. [PSP] Kidou Senshi Gundam: Gundam vs. Gundam (Bandai Namco) - 57,000 / 297,000
07. [PSP] Kenka Banchou 3: Zenkoku Seiha (Spike) - 49,000 / NEW
08. [NDS] Kirby Super Star Ultra (Nintendo) - 44,000 / 452,000
09. [PSP] Warriors Orochi 2 (Koei) - 43,000 / NEW
10. [PSP] Higurashi Daybreak Portable (Alchemist) - 33,000 / NEW
11. [NDS] Wagamama Fashion: Girl's Mode (Nintendo) - 33,000 / 250,000
12. [NDS] Higurashi no Nakukoru ni Kizuna: Dai-Ni-Kan - Sou (Alchemist) - 30,000 / NEW
13. [NDS] Rhythm Heaven (Nintendo) - 29,000 / 1,129,000
14. [NDS] Saka-Tsuku DS: Touch and Direct (Sega) - 28,000 / 101,000
16. [NDS] Pokemon Platinum (Pokemon) - 24,000 / 1,928,000
17. [WII] Wii Fit (Nintendo) - 23,000 / 2,756,000
19. [NDS] Little Magicians Magic Adventure (Konami) - 18,000 / 95,000
21. [PS3] Gran Turismo 5 Prologue: Spec III (SCE) - 18,000 / 113,000
22. [NDS] Ryuusei no RockMan 3: Black Ace & Red Joker (Capcom) - 18,000 / 106,000
23. [360] The Last Remnant (Square Enix) - 17,000 / 119,000
24. [WII] Naruto Shippuuden Gekitou Ninja Taisen EX3 (Takara Tomy) - 16,000 / NEW
25. [PSP] Monster Hunter Portable 2nd G, PSP the Best (Capcom) - 13,000 / 80,000
26. [PS3] Way of the Samurai 3 (Spike) - 11,000 / 114,000
27. [WII] Mario Kart Wii (Nintendo) - 11,000 / 1,841,000
28. [WII] Wii Music (Nintendo) - 11,000 / 208,000
29. [PSP] Eiyuu Densetsu: Sora no Kiseki Set (Falcom) - 10,000 / NEW
30. [360] Pro Evolution Soccer 2009 (Konami) - 9,200 / NEW

[NDS] Bakumatsu Koihana: Shinsengumi DS (D3) - 6,200 / NEW
[360] Far Cry 2 (Ubisoft) - 5,500 / NEW
[PSP] Moe Moe 2-ji Taisen [Ryoku] Deluxe (SystemSoft Alpha) - 5,400 / NEW
[NDS] The Conveni DS: Otona no Keiei Ryoku Training (Nippon Ichi) - 5,000 / NEW
[PS2] Junjou Romanchika (Marvelous) - 4,500 / NEW
[PS2] Naxat Soft Reachmania Vol. 1: CR Galaxy Angel (Naxat Soft) - 4,100 / NEW
[PS2] Moe Moe 2-ji Taisen [Ryoku] Deluxe (SystemSoft Alpha) - 3,500 / NEW
[360] Agarest Senki: Reappearance (Compile Heart) - 3,300 / NEW
[NDS] Simple DS Series Vol. 45: The Misshitsukara no Dasshutsu 2 (D3) - 3,100 / NEW
[PS2] Monochrome Fighter: Cross Road (5pb) - 2,700 / NEW
[WII] Hataraku Hito (Hudson) - 2,000 / NEW
[PS3] Brothers in Arms: Hell's Highway (Ubisoft) - 1,900 / NEW
[NDS] Kaite Oboeru: Dora-Gana (Sega) - 800 / NEW
[NDS] Keiki J.B. Harold Jikenbo: Manhattan Requiem & Kiss of Murder (fonfun) - 650 / NEW
[NDS] Shiseido Beauty Solution Kaihatsu Center Kanshuu: Project Beauty (Sega) - 570 / NEW

OMG! Such a fugly, ps2 quality game selling almost as much as an SE rpg. What the hell is wrong with Japan?

Blablurn

RpgN said:
OMG! Such a fugly, ps2 quality game selling almost as much as an SE rpg. What the hell is wrong with Japan?

I blame the lack of the PS3 version :/ what is more shocking: they didn't even announce a date yet.

I just noticed that WE09 PS3 ended up having a bigger launch week than the 08 version, despite having a slower launch-day start.

RpgN said:

You'd better ask why SE give XB360 so many exclusives. They screwed things up themselves. Deserved it.

manueldelalas

Time Traveler
AnimeTheme said:
You'd better ask why SE give XB360 so many exclusives. They screwed things up themselves. Deserved it.

Yep, they should be on the Wii.

Probably the lack of money from sales is getting in their pockets in another way ;).

RpgN

Blablurn said:
I blame the lack of the PS3 version :/ what is more shocking: they didn't even announce a date yet.

Yeah, not a single word after it was announced to be a timed-exclusive on the xbox 360. But still, I would never thought to see a day where such a game like way of the samurai 3 to sell this close to a high profile SE game XD

AnimeTheme said:

Cash in advance? I don't know. But I do think the ps3 version will suffer badly now if it gets the same scenario like Eternal Sonata. If it was released at the same day, it might have became a WE09 scenario we see now (and many multi games). What will become of it?

RpgN

Jonnyram said:

Hmmm? They could have easily delayed the xbox 360 version so that they could get the same release date, just like FFXIII and Tekken 6. No excuses!

For such a quick sequels its nice to see Namaikida 2 and Patapon 2 outselling their previous entries. Patapon last year debuted at 16k or so and it was like 2 weeks before year end. This one even has a downloadable version and all the holidays to surpass previous one LTD (~70k).

If there was any doubt, its down again, last one did 48k first week.

It doesn't compare to DS entries first weeks (40k and 56k) but sadly it DOES compare to some really bad looking in comparison Harvest Moon Wii game released in 2007 which did 18,733 first week. At least its better than 2008 Harvest Moon Wii which did just 10k first week.

Highly ironic how one of the strongest 3rd party series in GC has been doing on the Wii. Its going down yearly too. Just compare first weeks:
GC (40k -> 72k -> 89k -> 88k)
WII (35k -> 20k -> 16k)

Looks like it was more than enough with the downloadable one :lol

farnham

Banned
manueldelalas said:
Yep, they should be on the Wii.

Probably the lack of money from sales is getting in their pockets in another way ;).
wat DQ V, DQ IV, FF IV and now chronotrigger...

Johann

RpgN said:
Hmmm? They could have easily delayed the xbox 360 version so that they could get the same release date, just like FFXIII and Tekken 6. No excuses!

The game was probably on a tight budget and schedule. The A-cutscene (voice-acting and kickass animation) to B-cutscene (voice-acting and so-so animaton) to C- cutscene (text and minimal body animation) ratio is lopsided. It also has a lot of technical hiccups. The team must have been forced to concentrate on the 360 version in order to make the deadline.

asmodeal

Firestorm said:
well i'm an expert on japanese culture and it's about giant robots that can destroy cities, fly around the moon, and look menacing with a giant v on their forehead

What i wanted to say is that, apart from the giant V on the forehead, I think this description better suit super robots as mazinger or getter robot, whereas gundamq are more in the real robot category with macross and patlabor.

farnham

Banned
Spiegel said:
I read that in this forum. Wii Music had a price drop in amazon jp (at least).

And Vinnk is saying that there are lots of used copies
used copies are not counting as sales for media create though

and amazon is not counting as well (media create is offline retailers only if im not terribly wrong)

Spiegel

farnham said:
used copies are not counting as sales for media create though

and amazon is not counting as well (media create is offline retailers only if im not terribly wrong)

I know, but stores having lots of used copies means that people just aren't that interested in the game so it going up don't make sense this week. Wii Music being cheaper than previous weeks could explain this.

But Wii has sold 42k this week, it's not too hard to believe that the extra customers could have bought the game.

freddy

Banned
Spiegel said:
I know, but stores having lots of used copies means that people just aren't that interested in the game so it going up don't make sense this week. Wii Music being cheaper than previous weeks could explain this.

But Wii has sold 42k this week, it's not too hard to believe that the extra customers could have bought the game.
Is 2000 extra sales week over week an upward trend? Has the game really tanked? Why does Spiegel have so much interest in it? Are Japanese gamers over zealous Miyamoto fans who would rather buy new than used and shun Amazon to support their hero?

These are the questions I'd like answered.

Spiegel

freddy said:
Why does Spiegel have so much interest in it?

These are the questions I'd like answered.

The performance of the next (supposed) big Wii __ thing is interesting. I did that chart some weeks ago to explain my point of view (talking about its "legs") to donny and it's easy to update every week.

freddy said:
Is 2000 extra sales week over week an upward trend? Has the game really tanked?

It's selling better than last week. It's not meeting the expectations when Nintendo had 333k copies day one.

Are Japanese gamers over zealous Miyamoto fans who would rather buy new than used and shun Amazon to support their hero?

The game may have price dropped in retail stores too, I don't know. That's why I put a question mark in my first post. Someone in Japan (Jonnyram, Segata,...) will know better.

And it's not hard to believe that some people prefer buying games *new* and in retail stores. This has nothing to do with being a Miyamoto fan.

squatingyeti

non-sanctioned troll
fanboi said:
Kitten banned?! THE FUCK! :|

EDIT:

2920emh.gif

DO IT!

While you're at it, why not post nonsense rawrrrra!!!!!1111!! and send nearly every thread you post in downhill? At least then you'd be keeping his spirit alive. Although I'm sure he'll be back real soon to continue on.

I had no idea PES was even very popular in Japan. Is the PS3 increasing in sales here as a ramp up for the holidays or is it just picking up steam again?

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
squatingyeti said:
I had no idea PES was even very popular in Japan. Is the PS3 increasing in sales here as a ramp up for the holidays or is it just picking up steam again?

Ramping up for the holiday's, plus probably a little boost for PES.

Well, a bloodhound like me can't help but to serve crow every once in a while and to illustrate the severe lack of foresight of other GAF members...

My post from almost a year ago:

NintendosBooger said:
If the PSP keeps selling like this, the software sales will improve dramatically. By fall, I predict that there will be a strong and consistent PSP presence in the software top ten.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=9575910&postcount=467

The replies...

Deacon"Knowledge"
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=9575980&postcount=468

Cosmonaut X
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=9575993&postcount=469

and more in this thread: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=234085

So what say you, now, ole chaps?

Brofist

squatingyeti said:

Winning Eleven has always been popular in Japan. It used to be a million seller, has gone down recently (like the quality? :p )

Top Bottom