• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales Jan 22 - 28

Barf_the_Mog

powerless or are they? o_O
Raw64life said:
DSL + DS LTD = 14,762,338
GBA + GBASP + GBM LTD = 15,313,086

DS LTD should eclipse GBA LTD by the end of the month.

This never registered with my brain until you put them side by side like that. O.O

VF5 is the PS3's Blue Dragon, which showed that Japanese gamers are willing to spend hundreds of dollars on a console for a single game which will by itself jumpstart said console's sales.

o wait

cvxfreak

Cheesemeister said:
45. (NDS, Capcom) Biohazard: Deadly Silence

gafav.php
gafav.php
gafav.php
gafav.php
gafav.php

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
Cheesemeister said:
Aww, no animated charts this week?

First post updated with the top 50, cumulative hardware.

Oh give me a ****in moment ok?

We just had Konami's Averageton to deal with and I have to leave in a few minutes. I'll put out at least one good one before I leave.

sphinx

the piano man
how did RE: DS got back in the charts? that's very odd but I like it.

so, Final fantasy III left the chart.

did it manage to reach the million sales?

cvxfreak

Baby Milo said:
not as bad as before for the PS3 but geez still not looking up

That Famitsu is LAST WEEK'S chart. Last week is always the latest for Famitsu, while Media Create is a week ahead.

heidern

GhaleonEB said:
I also just don't see how it's going to close the gap with the Wii. I know it's early and all, and things can change, but I just don't see a scenario in which the Wii loses momentum and the PS3 takes off enough to be the dominant force in Japan. I really think this is a sea-change in the industry there.

The day DQ 9 was announced for the DS I think was when this result became inevitable. With the ongoing decline in the existing market Sony just don't have the software strength to compete. There's FF which can clear 2 million and GT which can do well over a million. There's only a couple of other games that scrape their way there, but even those probably only manage it because of the huge userbase. With that price tag and development(heck entire developers) shifting to the Wii because of lower dev costs that was not going to happen this time around. Not to mention Nintendo being right on the pulse of the changing consumer in Japan.

Though I am optimistic about Virtua Fighter and Gundam Musou, so there may be a surge in sales with those 2 titles.
I doubt it. VF4:Evo didn't do so hot, and Musou will do ok, but both will be hindered by the price tag of the system putting off people from taking the plunge.

Wow, I though DSL sales would start to plateau at 100k a week or something, but it's amazing Nintendo is actually pulling through with their shipments.

Continuing at this week's rates, DS and PS2 meet up September 7, 2007 at 20,936,851 units apiece.

If Wii stops selling but PS3 continues at this week's rate, it catches up to Wii October 29, 2007.

DS continues kicking the shit out of previous DS years. In 4 weeks it's sold more than it took 10 weeks to last year, or 17 weeks in 2005. Being dragged along for the ride, total hardware sales are also higher than ever. For that matter, even Microsoft is having its best year.

wonderfuldays said:
DSL+Wii
PAC-MAN will be huge
That reminds me, this is the first week in a while where there's a proper one-system Pac-Man.
pacchartweekly.php

heidern

Odysseus said:
there must be a shortage of some sort

Yeah, hopefully Nintendo can up production somehow and get that up to something that's at least respectable like a 6:1 or 7:1 ratio.

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
What the hell Nintendo? How could you possibly have trouble manufacturing 5 year tech? I thought that was one of the BENEFITS of going down that road?

Deku

Banned
That graph is a bit hard to read so Wii sold 500k~ in January? If so 1 million WW sales might be possible.

Pud

Banned
Oblivion said:
What the hell Nintendo? How could you possibly have trouble manufacturing 5 year tech? I thought that was one of the BENEFITS of going down that road?

Somebody forgetting what ELSE is inside the Wii besides (NEW and SMALLER) overclocked GC chips and other (CUSTOM) parts like the slot load drive? Accelerometers? Infrared cameras? That's EVERY controller.... there's more to it than just its chipset, y'know.

cvxfreak said:
Capcom's Umbrella Chronicles budget just shot up 300%.
here's hoping... here's hoping.

off topic, i know you didn't much like silent hill 2, but what did you make of three? i finished 2 and started 3 tonight and i'm enjoying it a lot more than i did 2 (which didn't compare to 1 if you ask me).

cvxfreak

plagiarize said:
here's hoping... here's hoping.

off topic, i know you didn't much like silent hill 2, but what did you make of three? i finished 2 and started 3 tonight and i'm enjoying it a lot more than i did 2 (which didn't compare to 1 if you ask me).

Loved 3 more than most people do. Fun game to go through, especially on speed runs. Nicely done puzzles, varied worlds, excellent pace, good storyline. 3 > 2 IMO.

Barf_the_Mog

powerless or are they? o_O
cvxfreak said:
Loved 3 more than most people do. Fun game to go through, especially on speed runs. Nicely done puzzles, varied worlds, excellent pace, good storyline. 3 > 2 IMO.

Same here. For most people, their favorites go 2,1,3,4....for me, it's now 1,3,2,4.

KINGMOKU

Just to put this into perspective;

The PS3 bieng under 20k in sales is a huge sign of distress.

The PS2 didnt dip under 20k for almost a full when it first hit, and if these sales continue like this for the PS3;

It will be trending lower then the Gamecube within two weeks.

Think about that for just a moment.

cvxfreak

rage1973 said:
Are there Wii shortages in Japan similar to shortages here in NA?

Yes. You literally have to luck in on getting one as there doesn't seem to be a regular, definite schedule of arrival. The US might even have it slightly easier since there are always advance notices of restock at major retailers.

crazy to see the ps3 down that low. but help is on the way.

What does Wii have comming out in the next months to sustain it's pace in japan?

Stealth

I guess it's true what they're saying: Japan really isn't interested in Next-Gen. At this rate, Nintendo will be the entire GDP of Japan by year's end.

cvxfreak

CoolTrick said:
Wii has Nartuo and Fire Emblem Feb 22nd, Cooking Mama Feb 8th.

If Naruto's out then, that should be a good week for Nintendo to do a bigger-than-usual restock. The GC Naruto games were pretty popular, and unless there's that franchise dropoff that rears its ugly head in sometimes, Naruto should do even better than Fire Emblem.

Top Bottom