• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: Jul 27-Aug 2, 2009

duckroll said:
Would it still be a shitty looking action game where you run around on narrow platforms in tiny mission based maps? If yes, then I think it would do even worse!

I edited my post before seeing urs. If it had a boost in visuals and possibly better multi, would it have sold more?

duckroll

Graphically the game looks fine. I just don't think there is a large fanbase for the sort of simplistic action they're trying to do. It looks boring, it sounds boring, and it probably is boring. It'll probably sell better if they slap the FF name on it, but then that would just end up hurting the reputation of FF spinoffs even more. Lol.

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
I hope 4 Warriors of Light does a lot better, at least 100k-200k on day 1.

hatchx said:
It still could when _____________ comes out!
Wait. What. How do you know that joke, your a junior.

AniHawk said:
Dragon Quest actually seems to have revived the DS. I knew it'd be a system seller, but I didn't think it would have such a lasting effect.
I think this is the game to tip them over the fence and convert DSlites to DSi's. If this has "opened the floodgates" than it's a 2006 renaissance. Come to think about, Nintendo should have forced people to convert, with DQ IX being DSi only, or at least another SKU which was DSi only.

Actually that is really harsh. Just because I am so late into generations that I end up with DSi's and the choice of a kaleidascope of otions.

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
duckroll said:
Of course it'll do better. It's actually a RPG for starters. :p
Yeah I know it'll do better but I'm hoping that 4 Warriors of Light eventually turns into its own successful sub-series but it really depends on how successful the first is. I don't know if S-E knows how to properly build a series off a franchise anymore though, they've just been milking them dry. Look at how Atlus has managed to be successful in differentiating all their MegaTen sub-series and making them stand on their own, S-E can't say that the same about all their FF sub-series.

duckroll

jj984jj said:
Yeah I know it'll do better but I'm hoping that 4 Warriors of Light eventually turns into its own successful sub-series but it really depends on how successful the first is. I don't know if S-E knows how to properly build a series off a franchise anymore though, they've just been milking them dry. Look at how Atlus has managed to be successful in differentiating all their MegaTen sub-series and making them stand on their own, S-E can't say that the same about all their FF sub-series.

I'm not really interested in it becoming a series. I'll take it one game at a time.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
the thoroughbred said:
Wait. What. How do you know that joke, your a junior.

I think this is the game to tip them over the fence and convert DSlites to DSi's. If this has "opened the floodgates" than it's a 2006 renaissance. Come to think about, Nintendo should have forced people to convert, with DQ IX being DSi only, or at least another SKU which was DSi only.
I bet Horii ( and Quare Enix) would have loved to release DQ9 exklusive on a system with a 3 million userbase.

cw_sasuke said:
I bet Horii ( and Quare Enix) would have loved to release DQ9 exklusive on a system with a 3 million userbase.
Well it is relatively inexpensive to make, and even if it sold 1m, they would have made a healthy profit, so the risk is definitely feasible.

Just played the Tingle game for about 30 mins and got stuck :lol

It's not an action adventure like the previous game, now it's a point & click adventure game. So it's pretty much unplayable without knowing Japanese, at least for me. Hope motherfuckin' NoA/NoE localizes it ;_;

Anyone has first day numbers for Tingle Rosy Rupeeland?

the thoroughbred said:
Well it is relatively inexpensive to make, and even if it sold 1m, they would have made a healthy profit, so the risk is definitely feasible.

That't true, but they want the maximum profit they can get with the DS. I have no doubt in my mind if the game was exclusive for DSi, I think it would've moved 500k DSi at it's launch.

bttb said:
First Day Figures

[PS2] G Generation Wars - 136,000 (73%)
[PSP] Tales of VS - 89,000 (49%)
[NDS] Blood of Bahamut - 25,000 (22%)
[PS2] Kamen Rider - 25,000 (71%)
[360] Magna Carta 2 - 22,000 (41%)
[WII] G Generation Wars - 21,000 (53%)
[PS2] Winning Eleven - 19,000 (19%)
[NDS] Irodzuki Tincle - 18,000 (19%)
Was anxiously waiting for this, now the predictions...
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=16957613&postcount=409
Kurosaki Ichigo said:
Code:
Title                                             1st Day     1st Week
[PS2] SD Gundam G Generation Wars                  [B]140k         [/B]195k
[PSP] Tales of VS                                  110k         170k
[360] MagnaCarta II                                 60k          80k
[PS2] Kamen Rider: Climax Heroes                    40k          60k
[NDS] Irodzuki Tingle no Koi no Balloon Trip        [B]20k          [/B]50k
[PS2] J-League Winning Eleven 2009                  [B]20k          [/B]40k
[NDS] Blood of Bahamut                              20k          30k
[WII] SD Gundam G Generation Wars                   [B]20k          [/B]30k
Magnacarta meltdown, but 4 out of 8 and not counting Bahamut which honestly it was pretty spot on.

idlewild_ said:
sorry, I haven't really paid much attention to that Gundam game, but why such a skew between the PS2 and Wii
other than lolwiican'tsell3rdpartygames
?
donny2112 said:
It's what you spoiler tagged. Personally, I'm hopeful that Monster Hunter 3 will bring in more PS2 traditional gamers that would make the split between PS2:Wii something a little less lopsided than 195:30. :p
He should have spoiler tagged that I was fucking right with it :p

cw_sasuke

the thoroughbred said:
Yeah why selling +4Mil if you could sell +1Mil and upset +25Mil Non-DSi owner....makes sense :)

the thoroughbred said:
Some people sure underestimate the costs of a game just because it was developed for the DS and doesn't have HD graphics. It was definitely not an inexpensive game. Not even relatively. Not when it was in development for three years with I-don't-know-how-many people involved.
And selling just 1 million units would've been terrible. It's not just a matter of making some profit or breaking even, when you release a new installment in a series that traditionally sells over 3 million copies.
Besides, why would SE even care about DSi sales?

icecream

Public Health Threat
Kurosaki Ichigo said:
Magnacarta meltdown
Honestly, I expect it to do just about what Eternal Sonata did. Low/mid-profile JRPG, ~70K in the end.

The userbase is bigger now, but the game is a harder sell.

Khrno

justchris said:
This is Japan we're talking about. Japanese people don't have PCs unless they're hardcore otaku. In the US & Europe, FFXIV will sell more on PC than on PS3, in Japan it will probably still sell more on PS3.

Most Japanese FFXI players moved from playing on PS2 to playing on PC/laptop, where does my base come from? It's just an anecdotical experience since I was in 2 Japanese LS with over 80 member total and 90%+ of them were playing on a computer by the time I left the game.

So based on this, and only this, I expect most people that play XI and that will play XIV to do so on a computer.

That's why I talked about 'casual' players, which will be your normal FFXIII players that might be interested on it, so they will get on PS3, however the 'hardcore' players will get the other version due to their previus experience.

Now, will it sold more on PS3? It all comes to how many XIII are drawn into it, my bet for XI players is that they are going for the PC version.

viciouskillersquirrel said:
Was it now? I didn't know that. I, like the majority of people, quite rightly ignored everything to do with FFXI, just as I will everything to do with FFXIV. I see them as S-E's blatant attempts at using the Final Fantasy brand name to break into the MMO market. In my view, they don't count as proper entries to the series (i.e. self-contained single-player stories with a finite story arc).

I would accept your opinion only if you tell me that you actually know that XI has one of the best, most extensive and compelling stories ever made by Square/SE and that would rival the likes of VI or VIII anyday.

But I'm 99% sure you know nothing about XI and think it's just some other random mmo that has no story.

Next weeks releases (slow week)

08/10 - 08/16/2009

NDS:
08/13 Oubunsha Deru-Jun: Rekishi DS
08/13 Oubunsha Deru-Jun: Rika DS

PS2:
08/13 S.Y.K.: Shinsetsu Saiyuuki
08/13 S.Y.K.: Shinsetsu Saiyuuki (Limited Edition)

PSP:
08/13 Infinity Plus Portable

Wii:
08/13 Hagane no Renkinjutsushi: Fullmetal Alchemist - Akatsuki no Ouji

360:
----

PS3:
----

cw_sasuke said:
Yeah why selling +4Mil if you could sell +1Mil and upset +25Mil Non-DSi owner....makes sense :)

No need to go over the obvious points, but they could release 2 SKU's.

I am not trying to make a particular point, I am merely suggesting and perhaps throwing some thoughts out. I am not against the launch of DQIX. I am just trying to put myself in Iwata's shoes for a moment, and how I would attempt to make the DSi as successful as its predecessor.

slaughterking said:
Some people sure underestimate the costs of a game just because it was developed for the DS and doesn't have HD graphics. It was definitely not an inexpensive game. Not even relatively. Not when it was in development for three years with I-don't-know-how-many people involved.
And selling just 1 million units would've been terrible. It's not just a matter of making some profit or breaking even, when you release a new installment in a series that traditionally sells over 3 million copies.

I concede. I did make that assumption. I guess it was in development for a while, and there must be a lot of artwork gone into it.

I don't think they should care about it, but I expect Nintendo to. And they could have intervened, and maybe thrown some financial support behind DQIX and DSi. Again I can't re-iterate my above comments enough.

cw_sasuke

the thoroughbred said:
No need to go over the obvious points, but they could release 2 SKU's.

I am not trying to make a particular point, I am merely suggesting and perhaps throwing some thoughts out. I am not against the launch of DQIX. I am just trying to put myself in Iwata's shoes for a moment, and how I would attempt to make the DSi as successful as its predecessor.

At least they released Dragon Quest Wars on DSiWare, it`s something...with the DSi Userbase getting bigger they will probably try to get more exkusive DSi Stuff out there. There is no need to force people to upgrade as fast as possible, as long as the DSi is outselling all other platforms...

cw_sasuke said:
At least they released Dragon Quest Wars on DSiWare, it`s something...with the DSi Userbase getting bigger they will probably try to get more exkusive DSi Stuff out there. There is no need to force people to upgrade as fast as possible, as long as the DSi is outselling all other platforms...
ok, didn't know about that.

Grampasso

slaughterking said:
Especially considering they probably didn't know about DSi until 7-8 months ago, when the game had already been in realization for over 2 years.

wow, my first post on gaf...is a question

What the cut-off point for the sales week, is it the Aug 1st or 2nd?, seeing the dates change from site to site?

Based on the latest Famitsu hardware numbers...
PSP comparisons: After 242 weeks, PSP is where PS2 was at 194.8 weeks (November 21, 2003), where DS was at 103.3 weeks (November 21, 2006), and where GBA was at 163.0 weeks (May 2, 2004).

X360 comparisons: After 190 weeks, X360 is where GCN was at 17.8 weeks (January 11, 2002), where PS3 was at 39.4 weeks (August 8, 2007), and where Wii was at 5.7 weeks (January 5, 2007).

PS3 comparisons: After 142 weeks, PS3 is where PS2 was at 47.5 weeks (January 24, 2001), where PSP was at 70.4 weeks (April 11, 2006), where GCN was at 131.6 weeks (March 18, 2004), and where Wii was at 36.4 weeks (August 8, 2007).

Wii comparisons: After 139 weeks, Wii is where GBA was at 99.8 weeks (February 15, 2003), where DS was at 77.5 weeks (May 25, 2006), where PS2 was at 118.7 weeks (June 7, 2002), and where PSP was at 169.2 weeks (March 4, 2008).

DSi comparisons: After 39 weeks, DSi is where GBASP was at 53.5 weeks (February 18, 2004) and where DSL was at 19.9 weeks (July 15, 2006).

Based on the latest Media Create hardware numbers...
DS vs PSP: Weekly shares of 72.2 / 27.8 bring total shares to 68.4 / 31.6. If DS stopped selling and PSP continued at this week's rate, it would catch up in 443.0 weeks (January 28, 2018).

X360 vs PS3: Weekly shares of 28.8 / 71.2 bring total shares to 24.8 / 75.2. If PS3 stopped selling and X360 continued at this week's rate, it would catch up in 614.3 weeks (May 12, 2021).

PS3 vs Wii: Weekly shares of 8.4 / 91.6 are the first time Wii has had over 90%. These bring total shares to 28.2 / 71.8. If Wii stopped selling and PS3 continued at this week's rate, it would catch up in 574.0 weeks (August 3, 2020).

Week over week, Wii explodes, DS continues sliding down, and everything else stays relatively unchanged.
X360

Through the first thirty-one weeks of the year, overall sales are down. However, the systems can be split into camps of 3 up and 3 down. Here's how the year-to-date year-over-year percents stand as of now.

Wii: -57.6%
DSL+DSi: +13.1%
PS2: -52.1%
PS3: +4.6%
PSP: -46.6%
X360: +160.0%

Home hardware: -36.9%
Portable hardware: -20.7%
Sum of all hardware: -27.3%

Last year:

This year:

Though it's been near for the last eight months or so, this week finally pushes Wii 5 million over PS3.
Wii

Rock_Man

Dengeki pretty much agrees with MC on the MH3 number. They have 526,742.

Updated a few graphs...

famitsu-ps3wiix360-090726.png

famitsu-all-090726.png

famitsu-sony-090726.png

Total software sales this year can approximately be expressed as Wii = PSP = PS2 + PS3 and DS = 3*PSP = 15 million.

test_account

XP-39C²
DeaconKnowledge said:
Yeah, that's what it means in a nutshell.
Ok, thanks for the info :) I forgot to mention earlier that i guessed that you were joking a bit earlier when you said "wait for" by the way, but i just wanted to ask if "wait for" was mostly used for when people think that (insert game(s) title here) will have a good effect on the sales over a longer period of time, or if "wait for" is also used for when people think that (insert game(s) title here) will just have a good effect on the sales for a short period of time.

DeaconKnowledge said:
As for my opinion on FFXIII, I think the PS3 will do more to hurt it than it will do to help the PS3. It'll no doubt see a noteworthy bump though.
I think that this is an interesting situation. Regarding how FFXIII will sell, i guess that this depends much on what the PS3's price is when FFXIII comes out. I would actually be a bit surprised if Sony doesnt drop the price on the PS3 in Japan down to like 29,990 Yen or something before this holiday season (when FFXIII most likely will be released). There was some rumor (or was this confirmed?) that Sony have managed to cut the production cost on the PS3 with 70%, so i think that they can afford a price drop. This is just my guess though. For all that i know, Sony might not drop the price on the PS3 this year at all, and if the PS3 stays at the current price that it is at now when FFXIII comes out, then i think that this can hurt the sales of FFXIII as you say, i agree.

It might be that many people (especially those who cant really afford to own multiply gaming systems) have already setteled for another console, mainly the Wii, in this generation. Maybe these people cant afford to buy a PS3 even if they want to play FFXIII, so maybe this could hurt the FFXIII sales as well.

I also saw someone who mentioned earlier in this thread (or maybe it was in the previous Media Create thread) that it seems that the sales for the main Final Fantasy games have been going a bit down since Final Fantasy 8. Maybe this trend will affect Final Fantasy 13's sales as well?

About PS3 hurting the sales of FFXIII, out of curiousity, how many copies of FFXIII must be sold if the PS3 isnt hurting the sales? Maybe this was poorly written, sorry, but do you know what i mean? Or is it more a general thing, that FFXIII would have sold more copies if the PS3 was cheaper and/or a more popular gaming system?

Speaking about not owning multiply gaming systems, i remember that i wanted a Super Nintendo SNES so bad when i was a kid that i even cried when i couldnt have one hehe :\ But the Super Nintendo was rather expencive where i live, so i understand why i couldnt have one. I did own a Nintendo 8-bit NES though. But today i own a couple of Super Nintendo consoles at least :) (I know that NES and SNES are from 2 different console generations though, so this example might not be exaclty the same as owning both a Wii and and PS3 (since those 2 consoles are from the same console generation), but owning a NES and a SNES would make me a owner of multiply gaming systems at least, and there were still released some NES game even after the SNES was out on the market as well, so both the NES and the SNES were active on the market at the same time for some years :)).

I just wanted to mention this since i talked about not owning multiply gaming consoles :)

DeaconKnowledge said:
Even with MH3, the only thing I think it's proven is that big budget "core" action games can sell on the Wii in Japan, though it largely doesn't matter because:

1. I don't think Wii had any problem attracting Japanese big budget games in the first place
Ye, that is true, the Wii has gotten som big budget games indeed as you say, i agree. The Wii also got 2 games from some of Japan's biggest gaming franchises, Monster Hunter 3 and Dragon Quest X. But i still think that it will be interesting to see if the Wii will get sequels to other bigger franchices as well, like Devil May Cry 5 and Resident Evil 6 just to take some examples. Now that Monster Hunter 3 is out, and sold pretty good (at least so far), will more developers/publishers make more big budget games for the Wii?

DeaconKnowledge said:
2. The sheer amount of viable titles that qualify have been thinned out by the Wii's biggest true competitors, The DS and PSP, and as for the PSP, MH3 was the biggest coup the Wii could possibly have made against it.
Ye, i also think so, if it wasnt for the DS and the PSP (or if these gaming systems were less popular at least), maybe the standalone consoles would have gotten more games indeed, i agree :)

EDIT: I added some text.

test_account

XP-39C²
EDIT: Double post, i am sorry.

DaSorcerer7 said:
wow, my first post on gaf...is a question

What the cut-off point for the sales week, is it the Aug 1st or 2nd?, seeing the dates change from site to site?
Welcome to GAF! :) (maybe you have read GAF for a long time though, but at least this is your first post on GAF as you say :)

DaSorcerer7 said:
If i am not mistaken, each sales data week ends as a Sunday, and in this case August the 2nd was on a Sunday, so i guess that the cut-off point for the sales week regading this week is on the 2nd of August :)

Rock_Man said:
Dengeki pretty much agrees with MC on the MH3 number. They have 526,742.

Updated a few graphs...

http://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z221/jvsg/famitsu-ps3wiix360-090726.png

http://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z221/jvsg/famitsu-all-090726.png

http://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z221/jvsg/famitsu-sony-090726.png

Total software sales this year can approximately be expressed as Wii = PSP = PS2 + PS3 and DS = 3*PSP = 15 million.
Ok, so Dengeki didnt have MH3 over 600k :\ I dont think it matter that much though, but i think it would be cool to see MH3 sales over 600k at least :)

Nice charts by the way, thanks for posting these! :)

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
Thought Vs. might be higher. I overshot that one.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
schuelma said:
Thought Vs. might be higher. I overshot that one.

I think Tales of the World: Fanservice 2 for PSP doing so well may have caused people to miscalibrate some of their sensors in terms of Tales.

schuelma

Stumpokapow said:
I think Tales of the World: Fanservice 2 for PSP doing so well may have caused people to miscalibrate some of their sensors in terms of Tales.

Yup, that's what got me.

test_account

XP-39C²
What kind of game is Tales VS by the way? I saw some videos from the game over at Gametrailers.com, and i think it looks to be a Super Smash Bros kind of game (same concept), but in the videos that i saw there were almost only rather big combos and numbers coming "out" of the characters that got hit (which probably indicates how much damage that is given) which made me wonder if Tale VS wasnt exactly like Super Smash Brothers. Or maybe the videos that i watched was just to show of the rather big combos? I know that Super Smash Brothers also has some rather big combos.

Chris1964

Sales-Age Genius
busaiku said:
The shipment figure is actually 3.5 million so far.
I can't believe I missed that. Thanks. Fixed.

30. [WΙΙ] Dragon Ball: Revenge of King Picollo (Namco Bandai)
31. [WΙΙ] Ju-On: The Crudge (AQ Interactive)
32. [360] The King of Fighters XII (SNK Playmore)
33. [ΝDS] Mario Kart DS (Nintendo)
34. [WΙΙ] Taiko Drum Master Wii (Namco Bandai)
35. [ΝDS] Kingdom Hearts: 358/2 Days (Square Enix)
36. [ΝDS] New Super Mario Bros. (Nintendo)
37. [ΝDS] Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story (Nintendo)
38. [ΝDS] Paul Sloan & Des MacHale's Mysterious Story (Level 5)
39. [PSP] To Heart 2 Portable (Aquaplus)
40. [ΝDS] Metal Fight Beyblade DS (Hudson)
41. [ΝDS] Rhythm Heaven: Tap into the Rhythm (Nintendo)
42. [PSP] Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII (Ultimate Hits) (Square Enix)
43. [ΝDS] Taiko Drum Master DS: The 7 Island Adventure (Namco Bandai)
44. [ΝDS] Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Sky (Pokemon)
45. [ΝDS] Ace Attorney Investigations: Miles Edgeworth (Capcom)
46. [ΝDS] Animal Crossing: Wild World (Nintendo)
47. [WΙΙ] Punch Out!! (Nintendo)
48. [ΝDS] Inazuma Eleven (Level 5)
49. [WΙΙ] Wii Sports (Nintendo)
50. [WΙΙ] Animal Crossing: City Folk (Nintendo)
__. [ALL] Total software sales: 1.593.748 / 34.276.809

Code:
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
|   |    Week 31, 2009    |    Week 31, 2008    |      difference     |
|---|----------|----------|----------|----------|----------|----------|
|Sys|  Weekly  |   YTD    |  Weekly  |   YTD    |  Weekly  |   YTD    |
|DSi|    73.710| 1.779.744|         -|         -|    73.710| 1.779.744|
|DSL|    12.027|   344.460|    57.398| 1.878.512|   -45.371|-1.534.052|
|NDS|    85.737| 2.124.204|    57.398| 1.878.512|    28.339|   245.692|
|PSP|    33.049| 1.308.806|    61.181| 2.452.055|   -28.132|-1.143.249|
|WII|    95.357|   809.440|    41.109| 1.908.639|    54.248|-1.099.199|
|PS3|     8.760|   637.619|     9.508|   609.588|      -748|    28.031|
|360|     3.552|   248.576|     5.359|    95.600|    -1.807|   152.976|
|PS2|     3.617|   149.975|     9.045|   313.325|    -5.428|  -163.350|
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

MechaX

Stumpokapow said:

Regardless of the genre change, I would think that it would have at least pulled some stronger numbers. I mean, Vs. is still essentially a Tales fanwankery game, taking even more steps to appeal to the fans than even Radiant Mythology 2 did. But yeah, RM2 might have been an anomaly in this case.

test_account

XP-39C²
Chris1964 said:
42. [PSP] Final Fantasy VII (Square Enix)
Is this Final Fantasy VII: Crisis Core? If yes, any special reason why it returned within the Media Create Top 50? I havnt really payed too much attention to every titles that have charted in the Media Create charts though, but i cant remember to have seen Final Fantasy VII: Crisis Core in quite a while at least.

Aru

I expected more from Tales of VS.

But 50% of units on the first day isn't that bad. Namco had low expectations :/

test_account said:
Is this Final Fantasy VII: Crisis Core? If yes, any special reason why it returned within the Media Create Top 50? I havnt really payed too much attention to every titles that have charted in the Media Create charts though, but i cant remember to have seen Final Fantasy VII: Crisis Core in quite a while at least.
No, it's the Final Fantasy VII that you can download from PSN. They've started "packing it in" with certain PSPs.

Rock_Man

test_account said:

It was re-released last week at reduced price. So were FF Anniversary Edition, FFII Anniversary Edition and Final Fantasy Tactics: Shishi Sensou but they failed to chart.

schuelma

MotherFan said:
About 180k would be in line with most handheld tales titles.

If it behaves similarly to most Tales title, it won't reach 180K after its first week.

faridmon

bttb said:
First Day Figures

[NDS] Bleach 4th - 6,500 (18%)
[PSP] Hayarigami 3 - 4,700 (49%)
[PS3] Red Faction - 3,900 (38%)
[WII] Personal Trainer - 3,600 (18%)
[360] Red Faction - 3,000 (38%)
[NDS] Shugo Chara - 2,300 (14%)
[NDS] Sonic Chronicles - 2,200 (18%)
[NDS] Item Getter - 1,000 (13%)
[WII] Pop'n Music - 900 (9%)
[PSP] Strikers 1945+ - 830 (12%)
[NDS] Suteki ni Nurse - 510 (8%)

http://dubai.2ch.net/test/read.cgi/ghard/1249555433/172
oh god, that one must hurt. wasn't bleach games on the DS good sellersr? even retailers thought that and .................. what a bomb.

is this as big of a bomb as Deca Sport 2? holy crap

And I want Gundum SD here in Europe (G Generation Wars is Gundum SD, right?)

test_account

XP-39C²
gconsole said:
Imagine if PS3 still secure the exclusive to MH3. Sony is such a stupid game company this gen.
Regarding stupidity and getting MH3 exclusive for the PS3, i would be a bit surprised if Sony didnt try to get MH3 exclusivly for the PS3. I would guess that Sony talked to Capcom about it at least, especially since MH3 was announced for the PS3 to begin with.

I would guess that there is a possibility that Capcom did offer Sony to still make MH3 exclusivly for the PS3, but that Sony couldnt match the advantages/deals that Capcom had with developing MH3 for the Wii instead. I mean, i would guess that Sony could have matched these advantages/deals if they really wanted to, afterall, Sony is a company that has quite a bit of money, but maybe Sony didnt see it as a good investment? Maybe Sony calculated that MH3 needed to sell like 1.5 million copies on the PS3 if it should be a good investment?

Unfortunately i have no idea how companies work and talk together regarding which games that should be exclusive and/or if a game developer/publisher decides to develope a game for another system that was first being announced, or how the companies talk together when they chose to develope a game a particular system (for example, did Capcom notify Sony and Microsoft before they started to make Resident Evil 5 and said that they would make Resident Evil 5 for the PS3 and for the Xbox 360?), but this is just my thoughts on this subject though, and i would be surprised if Sony didnt at least try to get MH3 to be an exclusive PS3 game :)

EDIT: I added some text.

Segata Sanshiro said:
No, it's the Final Fantasy VII that you can download from PSN. They've started "packing it in" with certain PSPs.
Really? I actually thought that it could be Final Fantasy VII that you could download from PSN, but i didnt know how they would track these sales since it is a download-able game only (beside the physical Playstation 1 version of course).

Rock_Man said:
It was re-released last week at reduced price. So were FF Anniversary Edition, FFII Anniversary Edition and Final Fantasy Tactics: Shishi Sensou but they failed to chart.
Ah ok, i didnt know about these re-releases, then i understand why FF7: Crisis Core charted again. Thanks for the info! :)

schuelma

Given that 2 of the 3 trackers had Tri at around 520K, wonder if second week sales might be a bit lower than I initially thought. If it's much lower than 200K I think there's a chance it *might* not hit a million.

Spiegel

Segata Sanshiro said:

Nah, as Rock_Man has said it's Crisis Core - Final Fantasy VII-(Ultimate Hits).

I doubt M-C will count vouchers.

ccbfan

bttb said:
First Day Figures

[NDS] Bleach 4th - 6,500 (18%)
[PSP] Hayarigami 3 - 4,700 (49%)
[PS3] Red Faction - 3,900 (38%)
[WII] Personal Trainer - 3,600 (18%)
[360] Red Faction - 3,000 (38%)
[NDS] Shugo Chara - 2,300 (14%)
[NDS] Sonic Chronicles - 2,200 (18%)
[NDS] Item Getter - 1,000 (13%)
[WII] Pop'n Music - 900 (9%)
[PSP] Strikers 1945+ - 830 (12%)
[NDS] Suteki ni Nurse - 510 (8%)

http://dubai.2ch.net/test/read.cgi/ghard/1249555433/172

Bombs and disappointments all around.

I don't think I've ever seen first day sell through as bad as this. Especially for DS. Wow Blood of Bahamut bombed with a 22% first day and its still the best performing one with all the other under 20%. PSP and Wii didn't do much better. VS is lower than expected and Wii got smacked again by the PS2 in a multi release game.

I had a feeling this was gonna happen with the games being released within a month of the two largest 3rd party franchises. Especially since these aren't exactly short quick play games.

LOL that PS2 is the best looking system from first day sales.

MotherFan

ccbfan said:
Bombs and disappointments all around.

I don't think I've ever seen first day sell through as bad as this. Especially for DS. Wow Blood of Bahamut bombed with a 22% first day and its still the best performing one with all the other under 20%. PSP and Wii didn't do much better. VS is lower than expected and Wii got smacked again by the PS2 in a multi release game.

I had a feeling this was gonna happen with the games being released within a month of the two largest 3rd party franchises. Especially since these aren't exactly short quick play games.

LOL that PS2 is the best looking system from first day sales.

Just hoping MC2 sales are this bad oversees as well.

schuelma said:
Given that 2 of the 3 trackers had Tri at around 520K, wonder if second week sales might be a bit lower than I initially thought. If it's much lower than 200K I think there's a chance it *might* not hit a million.
I don't understand this honestly. They have shipped a million already. I checked dengeki before and I think it said MH3 had a ~50% sell through, so pretty much guaranteed the million is out there. It may reach it before August 2009 ends or by August 2015, but it will hit a million someday.

Thus the question isn't if it will reach a million, its how will it reach it. In just two or three weeks getting more shipments in between? slowly but surely burning through the first shipment and getting a few minor ones? price collapsing and burning for years with no more shipments? Impossible to know until next weeks data is out.

Chris1964

Sales-Age Genius
test_account said:
Yes it's Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII (Ultimate Hits) I just didn't post the full title. The original formating from m-create is this: クライシスコア -ファイナルファンタジーVII- (アルティメット ヒッツ)

Top Bottom