• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: Jul 27-Aug 2, 2009

MotherFan

Kurosaki Ichigo said:
I don't understand this honestly. They have shipped a million already. I checked dengeki before and I think it said MH3 had a ~50% sell through, so pretty much guaranteed the million is out there. It may reach it before August 2009 ends or by August 2015, but it will hit a million someday.

Thus the question isn't if it will reach a million, its how will it reach it. In just two or three weeks getting more shipments in between? slowly but surely burning through the first shipment and getting a few minor ones? price collapsing and burning for years with no more shipments? Impossible to know until next weeks data is out.

I think it will perform above average since used sales will not affect it near as much as other Japanese games. How much above I do not know though.

Famitsu Software Stuff

In its third week Dragon Quest IX continues outpacing Dragon Quest VIII. Though not pictured here, it's worth noting that through week three Dragon Quest VII is slightly higher: 3.26 M to 3.22 M.
IX

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
ccbfan said:
Bombs and disappointments all around.

I don't think I've ever seen first day sell through as bad as this. Especially for DS. Wow Blood of Bahamut bombed with a 22% first day and its still the best performing one with all the other under 20%. PSP and Wii didn't do much better. VS is lower than expected and Wii got smacked again by the PS2 in a multi release game.

I had a feeling this was gonna happen with the games being released within a month of the two largest 3rd party franchises. Especially since these aren't exactly short quick play games.

LOL that PS2 is the best looking system from first day sales.

Those sales were pretty much all expected. Did people expecte ToV to sell like Dissidia ? Lol... Gundam Ps2 version destroys the Wii Version isnt really something new and Blood of the Bahamut can be happy if it sells + 100K without the FF Name slapped on it since most potential buyers are probably still play monster hunter or dq9.

test_account

XP-39C²
Chris1964 said:
Yes it's Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII (Ultimate Hits) I just didn't post the full title. The original formating from m-create is this: クライシスコア -ファイナルファンタジーVII- (アルティメット ヒッツ)
Ok, no problem, i was guessing that it was Crisis Core, but i just wanted to ask to be sure :) Ye, i see that the Media-Create format/listing says "Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII (Ulitmate Hits)" indeed as you say. Thanks for the answer :)

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
Kurosaki Ichigo said:
I don't understand this honestly. They have shipped a million already. I checked dengeki before and I think it said MH3 had a ~50% sell through, so pretty much guaranteed the million is out there. It may reach it before August 2009 ends or by August 2015, but it will hit a million someday.

Thus the question isn't if it will reach a million, its how will it reach it. In just two or three weeks getting more shipments in between? slowly but surely burning through the first shipment and getting a few minor ones? price collapsing and burning for years with no more shipments? Impossible to know until next weeks data is out.

I should have been more clear- what I meant was more the latter scenario you mentioned- sales start dying and it takes years to sell out the initial shipment.

schuelma

Translated Media Create info:

http://www.andriasang.com/e/blog/2009/08/07/media_create_charts/

- 54.36% overall sell through rate (which would put the overall shipment according to MC at less than 1 million...maybe that helps to explain the disparity?)

- Classic Pro bundles had a sell through rate of 70%, the standalone less than 40%

-The Pro bundles outsold the standalone 2 to 1.

-The black Wii sold 45k, the Tri bundle sold 20K.

We might have an odd situation where there are new shipments on the Pro bundle and the standalone starts getting price reductions.

rpmurphy

test_account

XP-39C²
Spiegel said:
Nah, as Rock_Man has said it's Crisis Core - Final Fantasy VII-(Ultimate Hits).

I doubt M-C will count vouchers.
Oh, there excist FF7 (the PSN download-able PS1 version) vouchers in some PSP packs? Then i understand that M-C could have tracked this :) But ye, Media Create listed that it was Crisis Core that charted indeed.

schuelma said:
Translated Media Create info:

http://www.andriasang.com/e/blog/2009/08/07/media_create_charts/

- 54.36% overall sell through rate (which would put the overall shipment according to MC at less than 1 million...maybe that helps to explain the disparity?)

- Classic Pro bundles had a sell through rate of 70%, the standalone less than 40%

-The Pro bundles outsold the standalone 2 to 1.

-The black Wii sold 45k, the Tri bundle sold 20K.

We might have an odd situation where there are new shipments on the Pro bundle and the standalone starts getting price reductions.
rpmurphy said:
I found this part to be interesting as well:
Ye, i think this is some interesting info indeed. Thanks to the both of you for posting this! :)
And ye, 54.36% out of 520,000 is less than 1 million indeed as schuelma says.

cw_sasuke said:
Kinda low for such an awesome bundle.
Ye, i was surprised to see that "only" 20k MH3 Wii hardware bundles were sold. I read in a post in a previos Media Create thread that 75k bundles were made, but after seeing that Media Create says that 20k bundles were sold, i guess that the 75k bundle number were just a guess/predicted number. Unfortuatenly i dont quite remember what the post said, so maybe it said that it was just a guessed number and that i missed to read this.

But speaking about the MH3 Wii hardware bundle, does anyone here know if it still is available for sales in store and/or if Capcom (or Nintendo) will make more of these MH3 Wii hardware bundles?

schuelma

test_account said:
Ye, i was surprised to see that "only" 20k MH3 Wii hardware bundles were sold. I read in a post in a previos Media Create thread that 75k bundles were made, but after seeing that Media Create says that 20k bundles were sold, i guess that the 75k bundle number were just a guess/predicted number. Unfortuatenly i dont quite remember what the post said, so maybe it said that it was just a guessed number and that i missed to read this.

It was just a guess. For some reason Nintendo/Capcom decided to only ship like 25K bundles.

test_account

XP-39C²
schuelma said:
It was just a guess. For some reason Nintendo/Capcom decided to only ship like 25K bundles.
Ah ok, then i miss have missread something, sorry. Thanks for the info :)

25k for a MH3 Wii hardware bundle seems a bit low, doesnt it? How does this number compare to other hardware bundles? I wonder why they didnt ship more MH3 Wii hardware bundles, could it be that they make more money by selling a Wii console and Monster Hunt 3 seperately?

Spiegel

test_account said:
Ah ok, then i miss have missread something, sorry. Thanks for the info :)

25k for a MH3 Wii hardware bundle seems a bit low, doesnt it? How does this number compare to other hardware bundles? I wonder why they didnt ship more MH3 Wii hardware bundles, could it be that they make more money by selling a Wii console and Monster Hunt 3 seperately?

MHP2G had a bundle (bronze psp + game), 17k of them were sold in the first day.

20-25k seems the norm for MH bundles.

Chris1964

Sales-Age Genius
Who put that tag on me?:lol

Captain Smoker said:
Next weeks releases (slow week)
In 2009, the peak of the Obon travel season is anticipated to take place between August 8 and August 16. That's the reason all big releases were this week. As usualy the next two weeks will be compined from famitsu, but sooner or later we should get the leaked data as well as top 20 with exact numbers (yahoo site) for each week. Media Create doesn't seem to follow the usual pattern at the latest holiday seasons, but judging from the date Obon is this year possibly there will be no media create data the week coming and we will get two seperate weeks data the week after that.

Jokeropia

According to the translated Media Create notes, the Special Pack Bundle (MH3, Black Wii, Black CC Pro) had a sell-through of over 80%.

test_account

XP-39C²
Spiegel said:
MHP2G had a bundle (bronze psp + game), 17k of them were sold in the first day.

20-25k seems the norm for MH bundles.
Ah ok, thanks for the info! :) Is that the recent MHP2G bundle by the way, or was there a MHP2G bundle when the game was first released as well?

How is it about other console games? Didnt Yakuza 3 PS3 had about 10k bundles or something? I mean that i remember something about 10k bundles at least.

Jokeropia said:
According to the translated Media Create notes, the Special Pack Bundle (MH3, Black Wii, Black CC Pro) had a sell-through of over 80%.
That is a very good sell-through percentage i must say :)

duckroll

Hmmm, I've been looking around 2ch, and I wonder if 4WoL will actually do much worse than we actually expect. Interest surrounding the game seems to be generally pretty damn low, similar to any other S-E DS game which isn't a number FF or DQ game honestly. I was actually looking to see what other fans are speculating about the game in Japan, and there just aren't many posts about it at all.

duckroll said:
Hmmm, I've been looking around 2ch, and I wonder if 4WoL will actually do much worse than we actually expect. Interest surrounding the game seems to be generally pretty damn low, similar to any other S-E DS game which isn't a number FF or DQ game honestly. I was actually looking to see what other fans are speculating about the game in Japan, and there just aren't many posts about it at all.
Could it be that people are not aware that this seems to be a genuine FF effort that is really deserving of the FF name? After so many FF spinoffs on the DS (of inconsistent levels of quality), it seems possible that people are no longer going to generate instant interest in it. It just feels like the FF brand name is starting to become somewhat meaningless to anything without a number attached.

Vinci

Danish
duckroll said:

To be honest, I'm so sick and tired of FF games that I have a hard time giving a damn about this one. I'm sure it will be good, but... meh.

test_account

XP-39C²
duckroll said:
Which game is 4WoL? I havnt really followed much around about which Final Fantasy games that are comming out.

Chris1964 said:
Who put that tag on me?:lol
24x0u44.png

duckroll said:
Hmmm, I've been looking around 2ch, and I wonder if 4WoL will actually do much worse than we actually expect. Interest surrounding the game seems to be generally pretty damn low, similar to any other S-E DS game which isn't a number FF or DQ game honestly.

This honestly surprises me a bit. It doesn't really seem to have much in common with the various spinoffs and stuff, so I'd figured it would get more attention.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
duckroll said:
I wonder if the FF fanbase has decided that they're just more interested in the modern style of FF than the old style, and it's hurting the game.

I was thinking about the sales drop off after the FF3 remake and started wondering if maybe the reason FF4 had such a drop off wasn't solely because of the situation surrounding FF3 being much more favorable, but maybe a fair amount of people just didn't like it that much.

This is pure speculation though since I never saw the public reaction to FF3 when it released.

donny2112

Famitsu Jul 20-26

01./01. [NDS] Dragon Quest IX: Defenders of the Starry Sky (Square Enix) - 271,206 / 3,217,502 (-55%)
02./04. [NDS] Tomodachi Collection (Friend Collection) (Nintendo) - 71,175 / 405,367 (+19%)
03./03. [WII] Wii Sports Resort (Nintendo) - 66,881 / 735,226 (-2%)
04./00. [NDS] Penguin no Mondai X: Tenkuu no 7 Senshi (A Penguin's Troubles X: 7 Warriors of the Sky) (Konami) - 56,151 / NEW
05./00. [NDS] Welcome Home! Chibi-Robo! Happy Rich Big Cleaning! (Nintendo) - 40,084 / NEW
06./00. [PS3] Katamari Damacy Tribute (Namco Bandai Games) - 28,979 / NEW
07./00. [NDS] Katekyoo Hitman Reborn! DS Flame Rumble X Mirai Chou Bakuhatsu!! (Future Hyper Explosion!!) (Takara Tomy) - 24,008 / NEW
08./02. [PS3] Pro Yakyuu Spirits 6 (Konami) - 21,466 / 94,504 (-71%)
09./05. [PS2] Pro Yakyuu Spirits 6 (Konami) - 20,168 / 69,980 (-60%)
10./08. [PSP] Monster Hunter Portable 2 G (BEST) (Capcom) - 18,210 / 848,743 (+59%)

11./00. [WII] Dragon Ball: Tenkaichi Daibouken (Revenge of King Piccolo) (Namco Bandai Games) - 11,359 / NEW
12./07. [PSP] Boku no Natsuyasumi 4 (My Summer Vacation 4): Youth Detective Group in Seto - Me and the Secret Map (SCEI) - 10,651 / 102,241 (-16%)
13./10. [WII] Wii Fit (Nintendo) - 9,111 / 3,471,059 (+12%)
14./09. [PSP] Hatsune Miku: Project Diva (SEGA) - 7,666 / 135,764 (-32%)
15./00. [NDS] Moyashimon DS (Let's Play with Germs!) (Takara Tomy) - 7,526 / NEW
16./11. [NDS] Pokemon Platinum (Nintendo/Pokemon Co.) - 7,316 / 2,456,022 (-3%)
17./00. [WII] Punch-Out!! (Nintendo) - 5,582 / NEW
18./13. [NDS] Rhythm Tengoku Gold (Nintendo) - 5,379 / 1,769,769 (+6%)
19./12. [NDS] Kingdom Hearts: 358/2 Days (Square Enix) - 5,021 / 495,751 (-17%)
20./00. [PS2] Rosario to Vampire CAPU 2: Koi to Yume no Rhapsodia (Rhapsody of Love and Dreams) (Compile Heart) - 4,942 / NEW
21./16. [WII] Mario Kart Wii (Nintendo) - 4,766 / 2,289,069 (+15%)
22./19. [NDS] Animal Crossing: Wild World (Nintendo) - 4,512 / 5,038,273 (+16%)
23./18. [NDS] Mario Kart DS (Nintendo) - 4,413 / 3,472,758 (+10%)
24./00. [PS3] Toro to Mori Mori (SCEI) - 4,386 / NEW
25./14. [NDS] Sloane and MacHale's Mysterious Story (Level 5) - 4,246 / 165,084 (-11%)
26./06. [PSP] Ys I & II Chronicles (Falcom) - 4,212 / 24,452 (-79%)
27./00. [NDS] Koukou Yakyuu Dou DS (High School Baseball) (Spike) - 4,053 / NEW
28./15. [NDS] Pokemon Diamond/Pearl (Nintendo/Pokemon Co.) - 4,004 / 5,693,947 (-6%)
29./23. [NDS] Mario & Luigi RPG 3!!! (Nintendo) - 3,951 / 663,484 (+17%)
30./25. [NDS] Prof. Layton and the Last Time Travel (Level 5) - 3,817 / 788,103 (+19%)

*. [PSP] Blazing Souls: Accelate (Idea Factory) - 3,700 / NEW
*. [PSP] Narisokonai Eiyuutan (Tale of a Failed Hero): Story of the Sun and Moon (Irem) - 3,500 / NEW
*. [PSP] PW: Project Witch (GungHo) - 3,500 / NEW
*. [PS3] 50 Cent: Blood on the Sand (Bethesda Softworks) - 3,000 / NEW
*. [PS3] Call of Juarez: Bound in Blood (Ubisoft) - 3,000 / NEW
*. [PSP] Ranshima Monogatari Rare Land Story: Shoujo no Yakujou (Arc System Works) - 1,600 / NEW
*. [360] Call of Juarez: Bound in Blood (Ubisoft) - 1,400 / NEW
*. [360] 50 Cent: Blood on the Sand (Bethesda Softworks) - 1,300 / NEW
*. [NDS] Kawaii Koneko DS 2 (Cute Kitten) (MTO) - 1,000 / NEW

Bar Chart Jul 20-26 (thanks to JoshuaJSlone/garaph.info)

2009-07-20

Note: Image may be delayed from the time of this post, but will automatically show once the data is ready.

Recent Famitsu Top 30s

June 22-28, 2009
June 29-July 5, 2009
July 6-12, 2009
July 13-19, 2009

donny2112

Rock_Man said:
Dengeki pretty much agrees with MC on the MH3 number. They have 526,742.

Do they give a % sell-through? MC has MH3 with just under 960K for the week. I'm wondering if maybe Famitsu tracked the shipments over 1 million, as was reported pre-launch, and maybe that's where their higher number comes from.

Chris1964 said:
31. [WΙΙ] Ju-On: The Crudge (AQ Interactive)

The Grudge

schuelma said:
Given that 2 of the 3 trackers had Tri at around 520K, wonder if second week sales might be a bit lower than I initially thought.

Shipments were supposed to be over 1 million for the first week. Media Create only tracked ~960K in shipments. If the 1 million is correct, MC is undertracking.

Edit:
Oh, good. You saw that already. :)

Also, Dengeki has Wii at 109,858. Michan gets to avoid eating a hat, now?

Tenbatsu

cw_sasuke said:
Kinda low for such an awesome bundle.
I don't think there are a lot of LIMITED MH3 hardware bundle available. 20K might be a 95% sell through. Its pretty hard to find the bundle now unless from ebay or something.

Rock_Man

donny2112 said:
Do they give a % sell-through? MC has MH3 with just under 960K for the week. I'm wondering if maybe Famitsu tracked the shipments over 1 million, as was reported pre-launch, and maybe that's where their higher number comes from.

I think Dengeki mentioned 50 %, but I don't know if the accuracy of that number is good enough to make the comparison.

near

Gold Member
Magicpaint said:
Could it be that people are not aware that this seems to be a genuine FF effort that is really deserving of the FF name? After so many FF spinoffs on the DS (of inconsistent levels of quality), it seems possible that people are no longer going to generate instant interest in it. It just feels like the FF brand name is starting to become somewhat meaningless to anything without a number attached.

I don't really think thats ever been the case, it's kinda of hard to believe consumers would generate instant interest without checking out the contents of the game. I can somewhat understand if it's mainline DQ or FF, but even then there are times when fans become resistant to certain changes. FF brand is still strong, and hardly meaningless if the game itself is good, people just aren't stupid enough to buy a spinoff and expect it to be great. I also don't think that just because speculation and discussion is low for 4WoL, that fan interest is low and therefore there is a good chance it's going to flop. I myself loooove what I've seen of 4WoL and I'm totally going to buy it, but I've not voiced my opinion on the game on forums once. :p

Brofist

Ouch KoF 360 version got price slashed. Guess the sign that lists it as KoF 15 still couldn't push sales.

07c3181b.jpg

909er

kpop100 said:
Ouch KoF 360 version got price slashed. Guess the sign that lists it as KoF 15 still couldn't push sales.

07c3181b.jpg

The big fat sticker with Asobit City on it says that the KOF game is outside of the 10% off campaign. The 10% off thing is for all 360 games except those that are listed as excluded. So no KOF 360 price cut.

Jonnyram

909er said:
The big fat sticker with Asobit City on it says that the KOF game is outside of the 10% off campaign. The 10% off thing is for all 360 games except those that are listed as excluded. So no KOF 360 price cut.
That's what I thought at first, then I noticed they have KOF at 3980 yen which is quite low considering :lol

Brofist

Jonnyram said:
It says KOF's 15th anniversary. Nothing about KOF15.

Ahh yeah right, didn't even bother to read it just glanced it and assumed the Japanese just couldn't read roman numerals :p

909er said:

I was referring to the 3980 price, not the 10% off sign. That is most definitely lower than the release price by 2-3000 yen.

MechaX

Flying_Phoenix said:
Not trying to troll the game but isn't it seen as being all flash and no substance?

It's not so much an disproportionate issue of flash and substance. The battle system itself is actually quite good and is on par with the fighters of this generation easily. Unfortunately, SNK screwed the pooch on everything else (poor online, small roster, bad glitches, 5 minute arcade mode and little else, etc). In essence, little substance (albeit, what little substance that's there is still quite good) and virtually no flash either.

cvxfreak

As interesting as it will be to monitor MH3 and DQIX over the next few weeks, I'm personally also going to be looking out for Wii Sports Resort. After a month I'm sure that game will be above DQIX and perhaps MH3 in weekly sales again.

cvxfreak said:
As interesting as it will be to monitor MH3 and DQIX over the next few weeks, I'm personally also going to be looking out for Wii Sports Resort. After a month I'm sure that game will be above DQIX and perhaps MH3 in weekly sales again.
Speaking of Wii Sports Resort, not to say it's legs are bad, but even great July/August legs can't match the early big steps of a December release. So while it had the biggest "Wii __" first week, it has since fallen below Wii Fit (2674), and will probably fall behind the original Wii Sports (91) in a few more weeks.

donny2112

The difference between Monster Hunter 3 in Media Create and Famitsu this week is 63K. The question had come up earlier as to what the biggest difference in sales for a game between Media Create and Famitsu was previously. As this was MH3's first week, I limited the results to first-week differences. Here are the top ones I have data for not including this week, since Famitsu is a week behind Media Create.

Code:
WEEK ENDING  SYS TITLE                             DIFF
20060319     PS2 Final Fantasy XII                 76,131
20041128     PS2 Dragon Quest VIII                 69,809
20040808     PS2 World Soccer Winning Eleven 8     69,504
20040328     PS2 Dragon Quest V                    68,081
20041219     PS2 Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater   61,030
20080330     PSP Monster Hunter Portable 2 G       57,203
20021201     PS2 Tales of Destiny 2                51,877
20070311     NDS Yoshi's Island DS                 48,591
20031123     GCN Pokemon Colosseum                 44,172
20050918     NDS Tamagotchi                        42,573

And here are the top ones over 200K for the week with the difference shown as a % of the lower weekly total, whichever tracker that is. For reference, the MH3 % difference is 12.1%.

Code:
WEEK ENDING  SYS TITLE                                 % DIFF
20070311     NDS Yoshi's Island DS                      19.1%
20030928     PS2 Shin Sangoku Musou 3 Mushouden         15.6%
20030720     PS2 Jikkyou Powerful Pro Yakyuu 10         13.7%
20041219     PS2 Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater        12.5%
20050717     PS2 Jikkyou Powerful Pro Yakyuu 12         11.7%
20021201     PS2 Tales of Destiny 2                     11.6%
20051211     PS2 Rogue Galaxy                           11.4%
20041219     PS2 Tales of Rebirth                       11.3%
20050327     PS2 Winning Eleven 8: Liveware Evolution   11.2%
20040808     PS2 World Soccer Winning Eleven 8          11.1%

If I limit the results to titles over 500K for the week in both trackers, Monster Hunter 3 is #1, though, with PS2 World Soccer Winning Eleven 8 being second.

schuelma

donny2112 said:
The difference between Monster Hunter 3 in Media Create and Famitsu this week is 63K. The question had come up earlier as to what the biggest difference in sales for a game between Media Create and Famitsu was previously. As this was MH3's first week, I limited the results to first-week differences. Here are the top ones I have data for not including this week, since Famitsu is a week behind Media Create.

Code:
WEEK ENDING  SYS TITLE                             DIFF
20060319     PS2 Final Fantasy XII                 76,131
20041128     PS2 Dragon Quest VIII                 69,809
20040808     PS2 World Soccer Winning Eleven 8     69,504
20040328     PS2 Dragon Quest V                    68,081
20041219     PS2 Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater   61,030
20080330     PSP Monster Hunter Portable 2 G       57,203
20021201     PS2 Tales of Destiny 2                51,877
20070311     NDS Yoshi's Island DS                 48,591
20031123     GCN Pokemon Colosseum                 44,172
20050918     NDS Tamagotchi                        42,573

And here are the top ones over 200K for the week with the difference shown as a % of the lower weekly total, whichever tracker that is. For reference, the MH3 % difference is 12.1%.

Code:
WEEK ENDING  SYS TITLE                                 % DIFF
20070311     NDS Yoshi's Island DS                      19.1%
20030928     PS2 Shin Sangoku Musou 3 Mushouden         15.6%
20030720     PS2 Jikkyou Powerful Pro Yakyuu 10         13.7%
20041219     PS2 Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater        12.5%
20050717     PS2 Jikkyou Powerful Pro Yakyuu 12         11.7%
20021201     PS2 Tales of Destiny 2                     11.6%
20051211     PS2 Rogue Galaxy                           11.4%
20041219     PS2 Tales of Rebirth                       11.3%
20050327     PS2 Winning Eleven 8: Liveware Evolution   11.2%
20040808     PS2 World Soccer Winning Eleven 8          11.1%

If I limit the results to titles over 500K for the week in both trackers, Monster Hunter 3 is #1, though, with PS2 World Soccer Winning Eleven 8 being second.

Thank for that donny. It will be interesting to see how the trackers are reconicled next week and beyond.

donny2112 said:

If its not too much trouble, could you show the differences between those top games' LTDs? Just to see if they usually match up over time.

donny2112

kiruyama said:
If its not too much trouble, could you show the differences between those top games' LTDs? Just to see if they usually match up over time.

We're very limited on Media Create LTDs before the 2006 Top 500, so here's what I have from the first set of games with LTDs for each.

Code:
                                      1st wk     LTD
PS2 Final Fantasy XII (MC)             1.76m   2.25m
PS2 Final Fantasy XII (FAM)            1.84m   2.32m

Difference                               76K     70K

PS2 Dragon Quest VIII (MC)             2.17m   3.42m
PS2 Dragon Quest VIII (FAM)            2.24m   3.56m

Difference                               70K   ~130K

PSP Monster Hunter Portable 2 G (MC)    880K   2.43m
PSP Monster Hunter Portable 2 G (FAM)   823K   2.45m

Difference                               57K     28K

NDS Yoshi's Island DS (MC)              303K   1.08m
NDS Yoshi's Island DS (FAM)             254K   1.00m

Difference                               49K     76K

NDS Tamagotchi (MC)                     150K   1.12m
NDS Tamagotchi (FAM)                    107K   1.11m

Difference                               43K      5K

V

Vilix

Unconfirmed Member
So, the big question is has Wii proven itself to support major 3rd party franchies? Or would DQXI and MH3 gotten better sales had they been on the PS3 or PSP? I believe MH3 might be doing better at this point had Capgod kept it on PSP. But, I also believe it's too soon to tell.

Vilix said:
So, the big question is has Wii proven itself to support major 3rd party franchies? Or would DQXI and MH3 gotten better sales had they been on the PS3 or PSP? I believe MH3 might be doing better at this point had Capgod kept it on PSP. But, I also believe it's too soon to tell.

Well, there's no question that the PSP has a larger fanbase for the series than the Wii (or any console).
But you also have to realize that the games launch with additional content and have better multiplayer and are portable (all pretty big selling points).

Vinnk

Perdew said:
Well, it's Pop'n Music with no 'Pop'. Literally, the fun of the game was slamming on that controller. I'm glad this thing wasn't even given a chance.

How is it even played without the pop'n controller? I didn't even know there was a Wii version of this (seems no one else did either). Curious to know how the Wii version was supposed to play.

faridmon said:
oh god, that one must hurt. wasn't bleach games on the DS good sellersr? even retailers thought that and .................. what a bomb.

is this as big of a bomb as Deca Sport 2? holy crap

And I want Gundum SD here in Europe (G Generation Wars is Gundum SD, right?)
The first 2 games are fighting games. The 3rd is a SRPG which if I remember correctly sold less than the first 2. The recent game (4th) is a platformer.

nli10

JoshuaJSlone said:
Speaking of Wii Sports Resort, not to say it's legs are bad, but even great July/August legs can't match the early big steps of a December release. So while it had the biggest "Wii __" first week, it has since fallen below Wii Fit (2674), and will probably fall behind the original Wii Sports (91) in a few more weeks.

Hadn't thought of that - I wonder if the 'head start' strategy will truly pay off for Nintendo. Releasing the game into the unpopular market with the knowledge that it will sell when the market picks up anyway is a great thing. Means us gamers get the title earlier and the word of mouth picks up ready for the casuals.

With the delayed Euro release schedule most of our Wii__ games came out near the summer and it seems to work well. Kudos to Nintendo for a world wide launch with this one.

Top Bottom