• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: Week 11, 2013 (Mar 11 - Mar 17)

Shipped =/= Sold

I think you shouldn't hold so close to sellthrough, channel inventories, restocks and logistics almost always run anywhere from 500k to 2m over that for hardware. The only time it doesn't is when a platform is supply constrained. And also, I think it's clear Nintendo's been introducing early bundles to help push extra shipments. I doubt the US ZombiU bundle would've happened if not for Wii U falling off a cliff in January for example.

To draw a comparison, PS3 had 700k in unsold stock between the US and Japan at the end of Q1 2007 iirc (up from 500k unsold stock at the end of 2006). Nintendo's definitely had a rougher time with Q1 momentum than PS3 comparatively, but their Q1 target is also much lower than what PS3 moved it's Q1 (940k to 1.56m). And while I don't think they'll necessairly hit that, I also don't expect them to do less than half of the projection.

Yes I am quite aware that shipped doesn't equal sold because i mention both sales and shipment numbers in my post.

My prediction was for them to miss their new target by about 500k, since there will be at least 400k (probably closer to 600k) of their 2012 shipment left over adding a further 500k to that for a total shipment of 3.5 million and missing their 4 million target by 500k would leave between 900k and 1.1 million unsold units in the channel.

nothing you said in your post counteracts what I posted

There's no problem with Sega's support. Its just that they really dont' have anything worth a damn, especially in Japan. Seriously, what could they announce that would sell well and generate excitement in the market? Shenmue? lol

Yes I am quite aware that shipped doesn't equal sold because i mention both sales and shipment numbers in my post.

My prediction was for them to miss their new target by about 500k, since there will be at least 400k (probably closer to 600k) of their initial shipment left over adding a further 500k to that for a total shipment of 3.5 million would leave between 900k and 1.1 million unsold units in the channel.

1m+ in channel isn't really unusual for hardware though, that's all. Even 2m isn't unusual.

I'd also guess the vast majority of last quarter's unsold stock is the Basic unit, meaning you can't really correlate total unsold stock last quarter with what will be sold/shipped in Q1. They can have well more than 400-600k of last year's stock still unsold and move more than 440k this quarter (of Deluxe/Bundles). This (plus regional breakdowns/demands, plus new bundles), is why it's hard to hold so tight to sellthrough, the stock situation is more complex than just looking at sellthrough to gauge shipments as you're doing.

hiska-kun

Media Create:

01./00. [PSP] Sword Art Online: Infinity Moment # <RPG> (Bandai Namco Games) {2013.03.14} (¥6.280) - 138.180 / NEW <92,96%>

21./00. [PSP] Frontier Gate: Boost+ <RPG> (Konami) {2013.03.14} (¥3.990)
22./03. [PSP] Uta no Prince-Sama: All Star # <ACT> (Broccoli) {2013.03.07} (¥6.090)
23./23. [3DS] Mario Kart 7 <RCE> (Nintendo) {2011.12.01} (¥4.800)
24./15. [PSV] Phantasy Star Online 2: Special Package <RPG> (Sega) {2013.02.28} (¥5.229)
25./17. [PS3] Macross 30: Ginga o Tsunagu Utagoe # <RPG> (Bandai Namco Games) {2013.02.28} (¥8.380)
26./25. [3DS] Taiko no Tatsujin: Chibi Dragon to Fushigi na Orb <ACT> (Bandai Namco Games) {2012.07.12} (¥5.040)
27./24. [3DS] Touch Detective: Nameko Shigeru <PZL> (Success) {2013.02.28} (¥3.990)
28./18. [PSP] Shining Ark <RPG> (Sega) {2013.02.28} (¥6.279)
29./26. [3DS] Paper Mario: Sticker Star <ADV> (Nintendo) {2012.12.06} (¥4.800)
30./10. [PSV] Soul Sacrifice: "United Front" Double Pack <ACT> (Sony Computer Entertainment) {2013.03.07} (¥7.980)
31./00. [360] Darkstalkers Resurrection <FTG> (Capcom) {2013.03.14} (¥2.990)
32./00. [PSP] Winning Post 7 2013 <SLG> (Koei Tecmo) {2013.03.14} (¥5.040)
33./29. [WIU] New Super Mario Bros. U <ACT> (Nintendo) {2012.12.08} (¥5.985)
34./35. [NDS] Pokèmon Black 2 / White 2 <RPG> (Pokèmon Co.) {2012.06.23} (¥4.800)
35./27. [WII] Taiko no Tatsujin Wii: Super Deluxe Edition # <ACT> (Bandai Namco Games) {2012.11.29} (¥5.040)
36./33. [PS3] Call of Duty: Black Ops II - Dubbed Edition <ACT> (Square Enix) {2012.12.20} (¥7.980)
37./31. [3DS] Tousouchuu: Shijou Saikyou no Hunter-Tachi Kara Nigekire! <ACT> (Bandai Namco Games) {2012.07.05} (¥5.040)
38./37. [3DS] Super Mario 3D Land # <ACT> (Nintendo) {2011.11.03} (¥4.800)
39./16. [PS3] Crysis 3 <ACT> (Electronic Arts) {2013.03.07} (¥7.665)
40./00. [PSV] Steins;Gate: Double Pack # <ADV> (5pb.) {2013.03.14} (¥10.290)
41./30. [3DS] Fantasy Life <RPG> (Level 5) {2012.12.27} (¥5.800)
42./36. [3DS] Inazuma Eleven Go 2: Chrono Stone - Neppuu / Raimei <RPG> (Level 5) {2012.12.13} (¥5.500)
43./28. [3DS] Magi: The Labyrinth of Beginning <RPG> (Bandai Namco Games) {2013.02.21} (¥5.800)
44./39. [WIU] Nintendo Land <ETC> (Nintendo) {2012.12.08} (¥4.935)
45./42. [3DS] Aikatsu! Cinderella Lesson <SLG> (Bandai Namco Games) {2012.11.15} (¥5.040)
46./40. [PS3] World Soccer Winning Eleven 2013 <SPT> (Konami) {2012.10.04} (¥7.980)
47./44. [3DS] Puyo Puyo!! Puyo Puyo 20th Anniversary (Special Price) <PZL> (Sega) {2012.12.13} (¥2.940)
48./43. [3DS] Style Savvy: Trendsetters <ETC> (Nintendo) {2012.09.27} (¥4.800)
49./45. [PSP] Monster Hunter Freedom 3 (PSP the Best) <ACT> (Capcom) {2011.09.22} (¥2.990)
50./32. [PSV] Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational # <SPT> (Sony Computer Entertainment) {2011.12.17} (¥4.980)

Top 50

3DS - 20
PS3 - 12
PSV - 7
PSP – 6
WIU – 2
WII – 1
360 – 1
NDS – 1

SOFTWARE
Code:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
|System | This Week  | Last Week  | Last Year  |     YTD    |  Last YTD  |
|  ALL  |    958.000 |    969.000 |    991.000 | 10.471.000 | 10.572.000 |

Soriku

I mentioned the Wii because it's another piece of hardware that had a clear lead in terms of install base over its competitors. A lead so large that one would expect 'most' third party development to target that platform if install base was the deciding factor in gaining support.

They've supported it fairly well so far, going by the list above. That said, my objection was to the notion that SEGA were somehow 'obligated' to support the platform just because it has a large install base. That just isn't how it works.

3DS support, particularly when talking about exclusives, is above Vita support. If you like the Vita library more, power to you though...

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Just looked at Amazon, and now it's official: Dragon's Crown is priced 8,190 Yen for both platforms. Why such a huge price on Vita, why O_O

1m+ in channel isn't really unusual for hardware though, that's all. Even 2m isn't unusual.

I'd also guess the vast majority of last quarter's unsold stock is the Basic unit, meaning you can't really correlate total unsold stock last quarter with what will be sold/shipped in Q1. They can have well more than 400-600k of last year's stock still unsold and move more than 440k this quarter (of Deluxe/Bundles). This (plus regional breakdowns/demands, plus new bundles), is why it's hard to hold so tight to sellthrough, the stock situation is more complex than just looking at sellthrough to gauge shipments as you're doing.

If the basic was really selling as badly as we have heard there wouldn't have been a need to restock that model much after the initial launch shipment. Most of the restock would have already been Deluxes, the 2012 results cover almost 2 months of sales don't forget.

Maybe they make it over 3.5 mill shipped for the fy but if they do it won't be by much and they are certain to miss their target.

Laguna

Banned

So it sold less than 6.9k. That´s really not a good sign for Tri Ace.

Pikawil

Unconfirmed Member
Disney saw KH HD getting outsold by SAO, the second top videogame-themed animated production of 2012.

iThjtbrHWgP3o.jpg

(Who's with me that Wreck-it Ralph completely stomps SAO as far as videogame-themed animated productions of 2012 go?)

As for Vita I've said before I don't think Sony have the means or the will to make Vita a success.

They have the means, they just don't have the will. It would take a lot of money, effort, and synergy between all of Sony's entities to turn the vita around, considering Sony is fragmented all over the place even on little things like, for example, crackle being 360 exclusive for a long time and option to buy movies there takes you to itunes or amazon instead of sen, then you know Sony just doesn't have it in them to have any type of synergy or common sense.

Sony themselves might have two 100k sellers for this period - Clap hanz only made a port of Mingolf to PS3 since Vita launch, and Sony Bend haven't shown anythin since same date (UGA is 100k seller in Japan IIRC).

Hot Shots Tennis 2 would be welcome.

Or maybe delve into a new "Hot Shots", Hot Shots Baseball? That could work, but I guess going into a new sport would be safer on PS3 at this point.

Actually I just thought of something else, both FFX/FFX-2 and GE2 were rumored at one point to come out in the summer and Jump maybe early Fall. What would Sony have for Vita for the Holiday push? Nothing is announced. Surely they are prepping a new Hot Shots and Gran Turismo from a 1st party perspective. I won't even try to speculate on 3rd party games....ok maybe that Sega game that is being teased is Skies of Arcadia 2, just for me.

Spiegel

Actually I just thought of something else, both FFX/FFX-2 and GE2 were rumored at one point to come out in the summer and Jump maybe early Fall. What would Sony have for Vita for the Holiday push? Nothing is announced. Surely they are prepping a new Hot Shots and Gran Turismo from a 1st party perspective. I won't even try to speculate on 3rd party games....ok maybe that Sega game that is being teased is Skies of Arcadia 2, just for me.

That doesn't mean anything.

Vita didn't have anything announced for the holiday push around this time last year. The surprise was that they just didn't have anything for the holidays.

Hot Shots Tennis 2 would be welcome.

Or maybe delve into a new "Hot Shots", Hot Shots Baseball? That could work, but I guess going into a new sport would be safer on PS3 at this point.

Gravity Rush sequel maybe, ~18 months would be a reasonable turnaround for a handheld sequel.

Vita didn't have anything announced for the holiday push around this time last year. And the surprise was that they just didn't have anything for the holidays.

Well, Soul Sacrifice was supposed to be a holiday title and hadn't been announced yet this time last year... but the dearth of recent software announcements beyond niche titles and multiplatform releases does suggest that they probably don't have anything up their sleeve.

I know that "Vita Heaven 2" wasn't actually Vita Heaven 2, but I don't see why SCEJ couldn't have made new announcements there.

Takao

Banned

So it sold less than 6.9k. That´s really not a good sign for Tri Ace.

Companies usually do expanded re-releases for games that pushed a decent amount of units. Why Konami decided to re-release Frontier Gate is beyond me.

Laguna

Banned
Companies usually do expanded re-releases for games that pushed a decent amount of units. Why Konami decided to re-release Frontier Gate is beyond me.

That´s exactly why TriAce could have some problems in future. The original release in 2011 didn´t sell well as well.

Spiegel

Well, Soul Sacrifice was supposed to be a holiday title and hadn't been announced yet this time last year... but the dearth of recent software announcements beyond niche titles and multiplatform releases does suggest that they probably don't have anything up their sleeve.

I know that "Vita Heaven 2" wasn't actually Vita Heaven 2, but I don't see why SCEJ couldn't have made new announcements there.

The Vita Heaven 2 was a spring showcase

http://www.jp.playstation.com/cp/2013spring_psvita/

Games keep getting announced so, I don't think it means anything beyond that SCEJ doesn't have anything new for the next 5 or so months.

And about the announcements, I don't know what you are expecting. If those niche and multiplatform games were being announced for the WiiU people would be jumping of joy.

Lack of Square is moreso to me. Only had Theatrhythm, Kingdom Hearts, Bravely Default, and Dragon Quest so far.

That's a hell of a lot of support in 2 years lol. What else do you want? I guess they could have rushed some new RPGs and whatnot, but that's a damn good lineup. Compare that to SE PSV line up of games released so far.....FFVII PSOne classic and other PSOne classic games. kthxbye.

Vita didn't have anything announced for the holiday push around this time last year. The surprise was that they just didn't have anything for the holidays.

Yeah I know. I was just saying if they were to push it like Kawano said they would (IIRC he said they would get more aggressive with the Vita in Japan). It's very possible they will have nothing again this year.

Gravity Rush sequel maybe, ~18 months would be a reasonable turnaround for a handheld sequel.

Hmmm no. My selfish ass wants Toyama to work on a new horror game IP for the PS4 though I guess I can settle for a Siren 3 or Siren reboot on PS4.

Also on Vita Heaven, VH2 > VH1 by a green country mile, maybe VH3 is the one where they announce stuff, 3rd time is a charm and all that jazz lol yeah right. I said in the thread last week or the one before that that Sony would have about 30 days to announce new games in order to keep the vita momentum going. I don't think that will happen.

If the basic was really selling as badly as we have heard there wouldn't have been a need to restock that model much after the initial launch shipment. Most of the restock would have already been Deluxes, the 2012 results cover almost 2 months of sales don't forget.

Maybe they make it over 3.5 mill shipped for the fy but if they do it won't be by much and they are certain to miss their target.
The initial shipment sold out completely (in the US at least) and 2012 covers 3-5 weeks depending on the territory. I think you're overestimating the speed at which inventory management adjusts too, there's really no doubt the vast majority of unsold stock from 2012 is Basic units. Iwata even highlighted the issue in their 2012 briefing, it caught everyone offguard.

If I had to guess, I think they'll miss the 4m target by 200-300k. I wouldn't rule out making the target though, or missing by 500k either.

The initial shipment sold out completely (in the US at least) and 2012 covers 3-5 weeks depending on the territory. I think you're overestimating the speed at which inventory management adjusts too, there's really no doubt the vast majority of unsold stock from 2012 is Basic units. Iwata even highlighted the issue in their 2012 briefing, it caught everyone offguard.

If I had to guess, I think they'll miss the 4m target by 200-300k. I wouldn't rule out making the target though, or missing by 500k either.

I guess I'm just pessimistic about companies hitting their targets, neither Nintendo or Sony have a record remotely close to good at hitting them in the last couple of years.

mclem

Precisely. It comes down to a combination of factors and the goal is always to make money. The 3DS might seem like a no-brainer, but in reality that isn't necessarily the case. There will be a method to SEGAs apparent madness.

It's Sega. Don't count on it. I love 'em dearly, but sane business decisions are not their forte.

Lack of Square is moreso to me. Only had Theatrhythm, Kingdom Hearts, Bravely Default, and Dragon Quest so far.

I like the only part.
Even though I agree that Square Enix's 3DS line-up is way smaller than what the DS successor should have had, the company is not releasing many games on any dedicated platform. Anyway, 3DS is becoming the Dragon Quest platform, and Bravely Default is likely to be a new big IP for Square Enix. So saying only when you have locked one the best selling series in Japan, and other games that sold reasonably well is funny.

How many 'sales' before a platform qualifies as deserving support? What about new platforms? What if the demographic that is responsible for most of these 'sales' isn't the demographic you're targeting?

What does 'the platform itself' mean? Surely the 3DS platform is the least appealing platform on the market, unless your game idea specifically needs two screens?

I don't see how any platform inherently 'deserves' support over any other.

3DS is the best selling platform in Japan, and by a huge margin. It's also becoming the best selling platform in the world. It's cheap to develop on it. and Sega itself has had some hits on it (Sonic Generations, Rhythm Thief in Japan).

Also, 3DS has proven to have a wide audience, from otakus to kids, from young adults to jRPG fans. Sega should develop on 3DS something, because it'd be reasonable to develop on it from its perspective.

And pay attention, no one is saying Sega is obligated to develop on 3DS. Since it's a sales thread, people are wondering why a big company such Sega is avoiding an healthy platform that already proved to have the audience for internal titles. For example, given the success of Etrian Odyssey, I would totally see 7th Dragon on 3DS; given Fire Emblem success, why not Valkyria Chronicles? Etc.

Spiegel

2012 Media-Create White Paper

WiiU

Code:
Premium 389124
Basic 152218
MH Bundle 85945

Vita

Code:
3G/WiFi 260360 
WiFi 430475

source: geimin.net

Road

2012 2013 Media-Create White Paper

source: geimin.net

Fixed. =P

1000th position game:

2009 - [NDS] Sigma Harmonics - 5,508 / 51,038
2010 - [PSP] Hanakisou - 4,887
2011 - [PS3] Just Cause 2 (Ultimate Hits) - 4,046
2012 - [PS3] Bayonetta (Best) - 3,529 / 22,464

no. 8 and it sells sub 20k thats urgh. japan is such a small market.

Imagine all the other countries in the world not named United States of America.

test_account

XP-39C²
Thank you.
No problem =)

NCL always has oversight for all outsourced games (Japanese and western). I don't think that means they "co-developed" them though.
I mean if there was involvement from Miyamoto in the game developement process, that he had influence on the game design. I got that impressions since Miyamoto has been representing the game (like in the Nintendo Direct for example). Screamapillar said that other japanese people were also involved.

Not that it matters that much though, its more of a curiousity thing for me =) The game seems to be developed to have worldwide appeal like most other Nintendo games has regardless of where it was developed.

Nekki

You know, it's SmokyDave. Non ti curar di lui, ma guarda e passa.

:p

Man this week has been boring. Next week's where it's at!!

I mean if there was involvement from Miyamoto in the game developement process, that he had influence on the game design. Screamapillar said that other japanese people were also involved.

Not that it matters that much though, its more of a curiousity thing for me =) The game seems to be developed to have worldwide appeal like most other Nintendo games has regardless of where it was developed.

They more or less give the guidelines of what the game will be about and how it'll play out. Also stuff like "Luigi can't jump" hah!

Fixed. =P

1000th position game:

2009 - [NDS] Sigma Harmonics - 5,508 / 51,038
2010 - [PSP] Hanakisou - 4,887
2011 - [PS3] Just Cause 2 (Ultimate Hits) - 4,046
2012 - [PS3] Bayonetta (Best) - 3,529 / 22,464

Imagine all the other countries in the world not named United States of America.

I think this is more telling about the market health than top 10 charts.

test_account

XP-39C²
They more or less give the guidelines of what the game will be about and how it'll play out. Also stuff like "Luigi can't jump" hah!
I understand. I see now that Miyamoto is listed as 'Producer' in the end credits of the game, under the 'Nintendo' section of the credits. I'm not sure how much work he did though, but he seems to have some influence on how the game was designed at least. He is a great game designer, so having him involved is something positive :)

My prediction was for them to miss their new target by about 500k, since there will be at least 400k (probably closer to 600k) of their 2012 shipment left over adding a further 500k to that for a total shipment of 3.5 million and missing their 4 million target by 500k would leave between 900k and 1.1 million unsold units in the channel.

What you're talking about here should play out in a very interesting way. With the release calendar for the upcoming quarter, if they really do stuff their retail channels as heavily as you suggest we could be looking at a halt in production/shipping for the upcoming quarter. The worst quarter for the Gamecube before it was replaced was something like 80k units shipped, but that was much farther into the system's life. Stock issues like this so early in a system's life have little precedence.

Doing the same release list for Square Enix:

Launch aligned for ~25 months:

Nintendo DS
-Egg Monster Hero
-Dragon Quest Heroes: Rocket Slime
-Children of Mana
-Mario Hoops: 3-on-3 (published by Nintendo)
-Final Fantasy III
-Final Fantasy Fables: Chocobo Tales
-Dragon Quest Monsters: Joker

Nintendo 3DS
-Bust-A-Move Universe
-Slime MoriMori Dragon Quest 3: Daikaizoku to Shippo Dan
-Theatrhythm Final Fantasy
-Kingdom Hearts 3D [dream drop distance]
-Dragon Quest Monsters: Terry's Wonderland 3D
-Heroes of Ruin
-Bravely Default: Flying Fairy
-American Mensa Academy
-Dragon Quest VII: Eden no Senshitachi

Launch aligned for ~15 months:

PSP
-Advent Childen: Final Fantasy VII (UMD Video)
-Valkyrie Profile Lenneth

PS Vita
-Army Corps of Hell
-Lord of Apocalypse

Launch aligned for ~5 months:

Wii
-nothing

Wii U
-Dragon Quest X: Mezameshi Itsutsu no Shuzoku Online

Gradivus

What big title 3DS games are expected to be released from now until around mid May?

I'm off to Japan around then, going to buy tons of 3DS games :p

What big title 3DS games are expected to be released from now until around mid May?

I'm off to Japan around then, going to buy tons of 3DS games :p

Tomodachi Collection and Shin Megami Tensei IV are the biggest ones. This week we have Luigi's Mansion 2. Many games are slated for a Summer release. Biggest games of the year are Monster Hunter 4 (August) and Pokémon X / Y (October).

On which note, I wonder if DKCR is a good parallel for it, and that did rather well in the end.

I was thinking of that actually. It was called a "western game" and compared to Call of Duty as well, which makes no sense.

Sales-wise, I see no parallel. It's not like people are saying "I liked DKCR and it was developed in the North America, so I'm buying Luigi's Mansion!" They might sell similarly (if early reports hold true, which isn't always the case), but it will have nothing to do with where they were developed.

Gradivus

Tomodachi Collection and Shin Megami Tensei IV are the biggest ones. This week we have Luigi's Mansion 2. Many games are slated for a Summer release. Biggest games of the year are Monster Hunter 4 (August) and Pokémon X / Y (October).

I'll be getting Luigi's Mansion 2 here, I'm just sticking the the Japanese only releases for now. So far I'll collect up Dragon Quest 7, Professor Layton vs Ace Attorney.

Chris1964

Sales-Age Genius
New releases

{2013.03.27}

[360] Final Fantasy XI: Adoulin no Makyou <RPG> (Square Enix) (¥3.980)

[PS2] Final Fantasy XI: Adoulin no Makyou <RPG> (Square Enix) (¥3.980)

{2013.03.28}

[3DS] Shoshinshakara Nippon Ichi Made: Flash Anzan <EDU> (Klon) (¥5.800)
[3DS] Nano Assault (Campaign Price Edition) <STG> (CyberFront) (¥2.940)

[PSV] Muramasa: The Demon Blade <RPG> (Marvelous AQL) (¥4.980)
[PSV] Sei Madou Monogatari # <RPG> (Compile Heart) (¥7.140)
[PSV] Sei Madou Monogatari [Limited Edition] <RPG> (Compile Heart) (¥9.240)

[PSP] Fate/Extra CCC # <RPG> (Marvelous AQL) (¥6.279)
[PSP] Fate/Extra CCC [Limited Edition] <RPG> (Marvelous AQL) (¥10.479)
[PSP] Katen no Hana # <ADV> (Koei Tecmo) (¥6.090)
[PSP] Katen no Hana [Premium Box] <ADV> (Koei Tecmo) (¥9.240)
[PSP] Katen no Hana [Treasure Box] <ADV> (Koei Tecmo) (¥13.440)
[PSP] Phase-D: Complete Box <ADV> (Boost On) (¥7.980)
[PSP] Tanteibu: Complete Box <ADV> (Boost On) (¥7.980)
[PSP] Tsugi no Giseisha o Oshirase Shimasu: Complete Box <ADV> (Boost On) (¥5.985)
[PSP] Shinigami Kagyou: Kaidan Romance # <ADV> (QuinRose) (¥6.300)
[PSP] Shinigami Kagyou: Kaidan Romance [Deluxe Edition] <ADV> (QuinRose) (¥8.925)
[PSP] Starry Sky: After Summer Portable # <ADV> (Honeybee) (¥3.129)
[PSP] Starry Sky: After Summer Portable [Limited Edition] <ADV> (Honeybee) (¥5.019)
[PSP] Starry Sky: After Summer Portable - Twin Pack <ADV> (Honeybee) (¥6.090)
[PSP] Princess Arthur # <ADV> (Idea Factory) (¥6.090)
[PSP] Princess Arthur [Limited Edition] <ADV> (Idea Factory) (¥8.190)
[PSP] Gaku Ou: The Royal Seven Stars + Meteor # <ADV> (Alchemist) (¥7.140)
[PSP] Gaku Ou: The Royal Seven Stars + Meteor [Limited Edition] <ADV> (Alchemist) (¥8.379)
[PSP] Rebellions: Secret Game 2nd Stage # <ADV> (Yeti) (¥6.090)
[PSP] Rebellions: Secret Game 2nd Stage [Limited Edition] <ADV> (Yeti) (¥7.140)
[PSP] Dungeon Travelers 2: Ouritsu Tokoshan to Mamono no Fuuin # <RPG> (Aqua Plus) (¥6.090)
[PSP] Dungeon Travelers 2: Ouritsu Tokoshan to Mamono no Fuuin [Large Sealed Premium Box] <RPG> (Aqua Plus) (¥9.240)
[PSP] Megpoid the Music # <ACT> (ParaPhray) (¥6.090)
[PSP] Megpoid the Music [Limited Edition] <ACT> (ParaPhray) (¥9.429)
[PSP] Toaru Kagaku no Chou Denjihou (PSP the Best) <ADV> (ASCII Media Works) (¥2.940)
[PSP] Durarara!! 3-way Standoff: Alley (Dengeki SP) <ADV> (ASCII Media Works) (¥2.940)
[PSP] Ro-Kyu-Bu! (Dengeki SP) <ADV> (Kadokawa Games) (¥2.940)

[WIU] Game & Wario <ETC> (Nintendo) (¥4.935)

[WII] PreCure All-Stars: Zenin Shuugou Let's Dance! <ACT> (Bandai Namco Games) (¥6.090)

[PS3] Sengoku Basara Triple Pack <ACT> (Capcom) (¥6.990)
[PS3] Army of Two: The Devil's Cartel <ACT> (Electronic Arts) (¥7.665)
[PS3] Need for Speed: Carbon + Need for Speed: Undercover (EA Best Hits) <RCE> (Electronic Arts) (¥3.990)

[360] Cave Shooting Collection <STG> (Cave) (¥29.176)
[360] Love Tra: Chocolate <ADV> (Boost On) (¥18.270)
[360] Army of Two: The Devil's Cartel <ACT> (Electronic Arts) (¥7.665)

{2013.03.30}

[WIU] Dragon Quest X: Mezameshi Itsutsu no Shuzoku Online # <RPG> (Square Enix) (¥6.980)
[WIU] Dragon Quest X: Mezameshi Itsutsu no Shuzoku Online [Wii U Premium Set] <RPG> (Square Enix) (¥42.000)

when did we get an august date for monhun? i thought it was still just 'summer'

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
New releases

{2013.03.27}

{2013.03.28}

[PSP] Fate/Extra CCC # <RPG> (Marvelous AQL) (¥6.279)
[PSP] Fate/Extra CCC [Limited Edition] <RPG> (Marvelous AQL) (¥10.479)
[PSP] Katen no Hana # <ADV> (Koei Tecmo) (¥6.090)
[PSP] Katen no Hana [Premium Box] <ADV> (Koei Tecmo) (¥9.240)
[PSP] Katen no Hana [Treasure Box] <ADV> (Koei Tecmo) (¥13.440)
[PSP] Phase-D: Complete Box <ADV> (Boost On) (¥7.980)
[PSP] Tanteibu: Complete Box <ADV> (Boost On) (¥7.980)
[PSP] Tsugi no Giseisha o Oshirase Shimasu: Complete Box <ADV> (Boost On) (¥5.985)
[PSP] Shinigami Kagyou: Kaidan Romance # <ADV> (QuinRose) (¥6.300)
[PSP] Shinigami Kagyou: Kaidan Romance [Deluxe Edition] <ADV> (QuinRose) (¥8.925)
[PSP] Starry Sky: After Summer Portable # <ADV> (Honeybee) (¥3.129)
[PSP] Starry Sky: After Summer Portable [Limited Edition] <ADV> (Honeybee) (¥5.019)
[PSP] Starry Sky: After Summer Portable - Twin Pack <ADV> (Honeybee) (¥6.090)
[PSP] Princess Arthur # <ADV> (Idea Factory) (¥6.090)
[PSP] Princess Arthur [Limited Edition] <ADV> (Idea Factory) (¥8.190)
[PSP] Gaku Ou: The Royal Seven Stars + Meteor # <ADV> (Alchemist) (¥7.140)
[PSP] Gaku Ou: The Royal Seven Stars + Meteor [Limited Edition] <ADV> (Alchemist) (¥8.379)
[PSP] Rebellions: Secret Game 2nd Stage # <ADV> (Yeti) (¥6.090)
[PSP] Rebellions: Secret Game 2nd Stage [Limited Edition] <ADV> (Yeti) (¥7.140)
[PSP] Dungeon Travelers 2: Ouritsu Tokoshan to Mamono no Fuuin # <RPG> (Aqua Plus) (¥6.090)
[PSP] Dungeon Travelers 2: Ouritsu Tokoshan to Mamono no Fuuin [Large Sealed Premium Box] <RPG> (Aqua Plus) (¥9.240)
[PSP] Megpoid the Music # <ACT> (ParaPhray) (¥6.090)
[PSP] Megpoid the Music [Limited Edition] <ACT> (ParaPhray) (¥9.429)
[PSP] Toaru Kagaku no Chou Denjihou (PSP the Best) <ADV> (ASCII Media Works) (¥2.940)
[PSP] Durarara!! 3-way Standoff: Alley (Dengeki SP) <ADV> (ASCII Media Works) (¥2.940)
[PSP] Ro-Kyu-Bu! (Dengeki SP) <ADV> (Kadokawa Games) (¥2.940)

So...many...multiple SKUs.

Chris1964

Sales-Age Genius
One Piece looks to be heading for a big decline.

As for the database that is down I don't have that version of the file, the one I currently have is under work and can't be posted, very little free time. Maybe someone who downloaded the original file can post a link and I'll add it in the OP.

JavyOO7

One always hears Mario Mario Mario and for good reason. Put his name on it and it will most likely have some pretty good sales. Like NSMB series, Mario Kart series in the past few titles, the 3D Mario's, and etc...

But I'd be pretty happy if in a parallel universe in the next couple of weeks and months Luigi becomes the #1 best selling title in Japan and actually beats out the LTD of Animal Crossing. I only say this since one Mario brother usually does pretty damn good while the other one is in his shadow... maybe hoping one day he too can be in the spot light just as often as his brother!

I just want to see more games starring Luigi. He seems to have an adorable personality LM2... so I hope this title sells a mass amount of copies and moves 3DS hardware... so that Nintendo isn't so afraid of having more games in the future star JUST Luigi. Maybe there will be a LM3 in the future, or maybe Luigi will partake in another adventure... like a FPA or even his own plat former that doesn't star Mario.

Wishful thinking, I know. I just want to see this fictional video game character succeed. And be given more personality in future games! I have no money at all but will most likely against my better judgement buy this game day one on the eShop alongside with a new SD card to hold more digital content...

Can't wait to see this sales thread next week!

One Piece looks to be heading for a big decline.

As for the database that is down I don't have that version of the file, the one I currently have is under work and can't be posted, very little free time. Maybe someone who downloaded the original file can post a link and I'll add it in the OP.

We have anecdotal evidence of the vita version selling out of multiple versions. Is that version stealing some of the PS3 sales?

Top Bottom