• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: Week 38, 2011 (Sep 19 - Sep 25)

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
And damn at Dragon Quest Final Fantasy Collection! :lol

Mpl90 said:
And an update on the daily chart

[PSP] Final Fantasy Zero Expressions - 336pt
[PSP] ... When you have love in Guam Idol AKB1/48 auction, please be left in their Limited Edition! BOX - 262pt
[PS3] World Soccer Winning Eleven 2012 - 228pt
[PSP] Hatsune Miku-Project DIVA-extend - 159pt
[3DS] Monster 3G (Limited Edition) - 148pt
[PS3] Armored Core 5 - 119Pt
[PSP] ... When you have love in Guam AKB1/48 Idol Limited Edition - 117pt
[PS3] ACE COMBAT ASSAULT HORIZON - 110Pt
[PS3] OG Super Robot Wars 2 - 106pt
[PS3] Final Fantasy XIIIヴェルサス - 82Pt
[3DS] Monster 3G (Slide Pad Bundle) - 76pt
[PS3] Final Fantasy XIII-2 - 74pt
[PSP] ... When you have love in Guam AKB1/48 Idol (Limited Edition) - 70pt
[PSP] NARUTO-Naruto - Shippuuden Narutimate Impact - 58pt
[PSP] Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha A's PORTABLE-THE GEARS OF DESTINY-GOD BOX Limited Edition - 51pt
[PS3] hen I started de Fuca and Desuko 4 Disgaea Disgaea. Append Limited Edition - 48pt
[PS3] Goodbye Special Edition ~ Macross F Movie Tsubasa ~ Hybrid Pack - 46pt
[NDS] One Piece Gigant Battle the New World 2 (Limited Edition) - 40pt
[3DS] 3D Super Mario Land - 39pt
[PSP] To Aru Kagaku no Railgun (Limited Edition) - 38Pt

Am I reading this right? Versus has more preorders than XIII-2?

u_neek

vicissitudes said:
Versus has been around the early 80's for ages.

Feels like it was announced in the early 80's too :/

Mpl90

Enterbrain has released its monthly sales report for September. Topping the charts by a comfortable margin is Tales of Xillia.

The PS3 Tales game sold 590,021 units over the three weeks reflected in the chart. It bested Dragon Quest Collection's 322,881 units and Dark Souls' 228,872 units. The latter came out in the last week of data collection for the month.

PS3 dominated the software chart overall, with five of the top 10. Here's the full chart covering August 29 through September 25, as relayed today at Famitsu.com.

[PS3] Tales of Xillia (Namco Bandai, 9/8): 590,621
[WII] Dragon Quest Collection (Square Enix, 9/15): 322,881
[PS3] Dark Souls (From Software, 9/22): 228,872
[PS3] Resident Evil Revival Selection (Capcom, 9/8): 113,893
[PSP] Grand Knights History (Marvelous, 9/1): 100,285
[PS3] Monster Hunter Portable 3rd HD Ver. (Capcom, 8/25): 95,738 (378,698 total)
[PS3] ICO/Shadow of the Colossus Limited Box (Sony, 9/22): 90,222
[WII] Minna no Rhythm Tengoku (Nintendo, 7/21): 67,358 (487,296)
[PSP] Yu-Gi-Oh 5D's Tag Force 6 (Konami, 9/22): 66,007
[3DS] Senran Kagura (Marvelous, 9/22): 53,951

http://andriasang.com/comyff/

Confirmed the numbers of the leak.
Hoping we'll have the leak again!

saichi

surprised Just Dance Wii is not pre-ordered more on COMG... I guess the fans are just getting the AKB48 in Guam game.

cvxfreak

saichi said:
surprised Just Dance Wii is not pre-ordered more on COMG... I guess the fans are just getting the AKB48 in Guam game.

These types of games, if they're due to explode, always start out slow and steady.

Chris1964

Sales-Age Genius
This comgnet obsession must end sometime. It's a good indicator for some upcoming games. It doesn't represent the state of Japanese gaming.

Takao

Banned
saichi said:

Just Dance is a very casual focused title, where as that AKB48 game borders on Creepville. One of those demographics rather just stroll in to a store and pick something up off of the rack, rather than preorder it.

Though, once JDWii sells like 500k it'll just show how useless SCEJ is once again. SCEE has 2 dance games they didn't localize, and of course Singstar. You'd think it would be a snap too, given Sony Music Japan ...

vicissitudes said:
don't read too much into those numbers, they don't mean much, unless you expect 3G to have been ordered almost 3 times the XIII-2, and even if true, it is going to sell 3 times...

Chris1964 said:
This comgnet obsession must end sometime. It's a good indicator for some upcoming games. It doesn't represent the state of Japanese gaming.

I want him to start adding amazon daily charts.

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
Comgnet can be useful in judging the hype and excitement of hardcore focused titles. You run into danger when you do more than that.

Mpl90

What schuelma said.
Basically, it is useful to see how anticipated is a certain game
1)from a well known series
2)with certain charachteristics that make it """core"""
And, above all, there is always one thing to remember: games on Sony consoles obtain more preorders than ones on Nintendo hardware (even if it is the same), because their audience is more "expert" ( and a certain meme comes to mind,lol) and preorder more.
Instead, casual games aren't preordered a lot. Usually, they start appearing right the last 5 days before release.
For example, Wii Party did only 50pt of preorders, and then, in the weekly chart, it was at 320pt. It works in a different way.
However, I thought posting them once ( twice maximum) a week would have been useful, I didn't want to create such a great confusion, sorry :p

angelfly

Takao said:
Though, once JDWii sells like 500k it'll just show how useless SCEJ is once again.
I highly doubt it'll do more than 60k and thats 20k higher than I would estimate had AKB48 not been included.

saichi

Takao said:
Just Dance is a very casual focused title, where as that AKB48 game borders on Creepville. One of those demographics rather just stroll in to a store and pick something up off of the rack, rather than preorder it.

Though, once JDWii sells like 500k it'll just show how useless SCEJ is once again. SCEE has 2 dance games they didn't localize, and of course Singstar. You'd think it would be a snap too, given Sony Music Japan ...

I think 200K would be a quite accomplishment already.

LOCK

So the 3DS won't have a game lull for a while.

I wonder if we will see sellouts after New Years in Japan?

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
king zell said:
ACE COMBAT 3D CROSS RUMBLE 3DS 2012-1-12
Biohazard: Revelations Jan/Feb

it's just keep getting better and better

Harvest Moon is early 2012 too. Soft-wise it really does look good for the 3DS - i still wonder when Nintendo will be ready to put out a revised hardware. They still need a streamlined 3DS which looks more elegant in my opinion.

LOCK said:
So the 3DS won't have a game lull for a while.

I wonder if we will see sellouts after New Years in Japan?
Sell out + maxed out for Nintendo's current production limit would be the ideal scenario for them. It'll create "artificial demand", not sure it'll actually happen though, depends entirely on how the big guns push the system over time.

Mpl90

king zell said:
ACE COMBAT 3D CROSS RUMBLE 3DS 2012-1-12
Biohazard: Revelations Jan/Feb

it's just keep getting better and better

Januay will see also Kid Icarus.
Shit is getting crazy.

Edit: source of Ace Combat release date? :(

guek

Banned
we'll probably still be hearing "3DS haz no gamez" till 2013 though. It's just how these things work

Mpl90

king zell said:
this week famitsu

Thank you very much. :D
Yeah, normally Nintendo consoles have a pretty barren January. Not this time.

marc^o^

Nintendo's Pro Bono PR Firm
guek said:
we'll probably still be hearing "3DS haz no gamez" till 2013 though. It's just how these things work
After a slow start, 3DS ends up with the best 1st year lineup in the history of handhelds. It may take a while for some to realize it, but by february new 3DS buyers will have hits in most genres to choose from.

Hope Level 5 games are planned for 2012 in the west as well.

What happened to Brain Training games or the so called non-games? I think that those games catapulted the DS to the far reaches of space. Hope the 3DS will get its Brain Age :)

jeremy1456

guek said:

We are on the eve of new Sony hardware. No matter which titles are released on a competing system it will always have 'no games' until the hype settles for the new Playstation.

Cipherr

jeremy1456 said:
We are on the eve of new Sony hardware. No matter which titles are released on a competing system it will always have 'no games' until the hype settles for the new Playstation.

I dunno, the 3DS is getting pretty dense with nice releases now. By first quarter of next year, April or so, I dont think we will see that meme nearly as much.

jeremy1456 said:
But I thought the PS3 haz no gaemz. Spreading FUD is a tried-and-true fanchild tactic, is far from exclusive to Sony fanchildren and will be with us long after the forum format has ceased to exist.

I've noticed the prevalence of list wars in Vita hype threads and 3DS bashing threads, all of which are padded or deflated according to whatever agenda the poster is pushing. We won't know until they release, but my feeling is that at least half of the games on those lists will either be vapourware or not worth playing in retrospect.

You can practically hear the wardrums of 2004/2005 starting up afresh.

Kikujiro

jeremy1456 said:

You're such an obvious fanboy, the most famous "has not game" was directed to PS3, a Sony system. The ironic part is that you're always talking about Sony fanboy when you're pretty much a perfect example of brand fanboy.

AniHawk

Kikujiro said:
You're such an obvious fanboy, the most famous "has not game" was directed to PS3, a Sony system.
actually, it went n64, ps2 (for a very short period in 2000), gamecube, psp, ps3, and now 3ds.

Magicpaint said:
Didn't DS have its own period as well?
ouz28p.jpg

mclem

I've never quite been sure why they're *not* playing multiplayer in that photo. Surely that'd be the *point* of it?

noobie

Banned
so every platform is going to drop like a rock this week? or there is any notable release which is going to push any platform?

Chris1964

Sales-Age Genius
Famitsu Sales: Week 40, 2011 (Sep 26 - Oct 02)

01./00. [PSP] Eiyuu Densetsu: Ao no Kiseki # <RPG> (Nihon Falcom) {2011.09.29} (¥6.090)
02./00. [PS3] Dynasty Warriors 7: Xtreme Legends # <ACT> (Koei Tecmo) {2011.09.29} (¥5.040)
03./01. [PS3] Dark Souls <RPG> (From Software) {2011.09.22} (¥7.800)
04./04. [WII] Dragon Quest 25th Anniversary: Famicom & Super Famicom Dragon Quest I-II-III <RPG> (Square Enix) {2011.09.15} (¥4.440)
05./00. [PSP] Evangelion Shin Gekijoban: 3nd Impact # <ACT> (Bandai Namco) {2011.09.29} (¥6.280)
06./14. [WII] Wii Sports Resort <SPT> (Nintendo) {2009.06.25} (¥4.800)
07./13. [PSP] Monster Hunter Freedom 3 (PSP the Best) <ACT> (Capcom) {2011.09.22} (¥2.990)
08./11. [WII] Rhythm Heaven <ACT> (Nintendo) {2011.07.21} (¥5.800)
09./16. [3DS] The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D <ACT> (Nintendo) {2011.06.16} (¥4.800)
10./02. [PS3] The ICO and Shadow of the Colossus Collection <ADV> (SCE) {2011.09.22} (¥6.980)

Top Bottom