• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media-Create: Sept 18-25

Axord

kia said:
I think the popularity and huge install base of DS and the release of TP (which will revive the Zelda brand in Japan) are factors you must consider.
I think it's possible that PH will do more to revive the brand than TP will.

Interestingly, PH ranks higher than TP in this Most Wanted poll. Of course, these polls are usually quite inaccurate.

Looking over those figures, it strikes me that I hadn't quite realised what a drastic fall-off the Zelda handheld games had seen since Link's Awakening (though it could be argued that those should be considered two games and that the sales on each would be far lower than 900,000-odd).

I still think it's possible that Zelda: PH could break a million, but it would require a far greater turnaround than I thought...

Cosmonaut X said:
Looking over those figures, it strikes me that I hadn't quite realised what a drastic fall-off the Zelda handheld games had seen since Link's Awakening (though it could be argued that those should be considered two games and that the sales on each would be far lower than 900,000-odd).

I still think it's possible that Zelda: PH could break a million, but it would require a far greater turnaround than I thought...

It would be interesting to see a turnaround of that nature and at this point, if anything can do it, the DS can.

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
Since TP will be on the Wii, there could be a boost as well. Though, there's a part of me that fears it could hurt Zelda rather than help it. :/

I'll just come out and predict now that both Zelda: PH (DS) and Zelda: TP (GC and Wii combined) will top one million units in Japan.
If TP (with all the hype and being a launch title) can't do it, which Zelda console game should do it? And if PH being on DS can't do it, which Zelda handheld game should do it?

ethelred

Frankfurter said:
I'll just come out and predict now that both Zelda: PH (DS) and Zelda: TP (GC and Wii combined) will top one million units in Japan.
If TP (with all the hype and being a launch title) can't do it, which Zelda console game should do it?

Yeah, TP will sell over a million, no question. Wind Waker almost did it, and TP is being released on two platforms, as a launch title on one of them.

Frankfurter said:
And if PH being on DS can't do it, which Zelda handheld game should do it?

None.

linsivvi said:
And according to all reports, it's a crappy game, just like the #4 "Gintama DS", except that Gintama is an ongoing popular series in Jump while YuYu Hakusyo ended many years ago. Jump Ultimate Stars (as did Jump All Stars) will have all these characters and in a much more playable form.

Yu Yu Hakusho, the ps2 fighting game sucks so bad.

Axord

elostyle said:
I think, deep down, I may be looking forward to PH more than to TP.
I don't blame you. It looks to be built from the ground-up for the stylus and is introducing genuinely new gameplay elements, while TP is looking like OoT 2, with the Wiimote functions tacked on a bit.

That, and PH is offering a top-down view, which is far superior melee and maze gameplay wise.

cvxfreak

Soul4ger said:
Someone forgot Jump Ultimate Stars as a potential million seller.

Nintendo should keep with tradition and release a red DS Lite with JUS.

I wonder what happened to Nintendogs Dalmations.

ethelred

Soul4ger said:
Someone forgot Jump Ultimate Stars as a potential million seller.

That'd be a pretty dramatic turnaround... why are we expecting the sequel to sell double what the original sold? That's fairly uncommon.

Neomoto

ethelred said:
That'd be a pretty dramatic turnaround... why are we expecting the sequel to sell double what the original sold? That's fairly uncommon.
Yeah indeed.. but then again.. the DS userbase it far more larger this time around AND the game is online ;) Who knows, anything can happen on the DS, right?!

cvxfreak

Eddz said:
Did that even get released in America? I thought it was a PAL-only game.

I was pretty sure I heard of it releasing in Japan in September... that's passed now.

Then again it would be a good game for the holidays.

Tadaima

cvxfreak said:
I was pretty sure I heard of it releasing in Japan in September... that's passed now.

Then again it would be a good game for the holidays.

Great! Nintendo needs some extra software for the upcoming months to ensure there is a new game for all audiences this Christmas :)

Amir0x said:
Yeah. I don't think certain forumers are as biased toward specific consoles as you imagine :p

As *I* imagine? I don't think you know me in the slightest. I don't go around accusing people of being fanboys, making or referring to charts about who's biased toward which company, or anything of the sort.

I just thought it was funny, because of his name. I've never had a problem with sonycowboy leaning in any direction.

As for myself, I had to ask for a correction in that very thread--I got lumped in the Sony group based on my post, when I actually belong in the Nintendo one (even though I hate them).

jesusraz

donny2112 said:
8. NDS Tingle RPG 23,168 | 114,208
9. NDS Cooking Navi 22,504 | 488,462

I know the cooking sim is practically confirmed, but with it nearly over the half million mark it has to be a dead cert now. And Tingle must have exceeded expectations...warranting a US release, at least?

DCharlie

And even i am moderately surprised
Just to restate : as doomed as the apparently NDS is, the NDS has outsold the PSP, the old PS2 model, and the new slimline PS2 model since it's launch in Japan.

lol - self ownership is the best! I was basing this off 1.8 million NDS sales, but Media create state different numbers. Still, i'm just trying to point out that fapping over these 1 week data snap shots is somewhat meaningless.

it's like running a marathon and declaring yourself the winner because you ran the 10th - 14th Km faster than the current leader (who is still 8 km ahead), sure it shows a potential trend, but it guarantees nothing. Nintendos sales are already in the bag.

oh SNAP

Amir0x

Banned
cvxfreak said:
Not to my tastebuds though, yum.

oh i know, everyone was waiting for the day when they could join hardcore videogame forums and discuss how awesome cookbook software is. It's so great. And just think, it never would have happened unless...

cvxfreak

Amir0x said:
oh i know, everyone was waiting for the day when they could join hardcore videogame forums and discuss how awesome cookbook software is. It's so great. And just think, it never would have happened unless...

You're right, because all I ever think about is GAF.

:(

jesusraz

fresquito said:
Any word on a future European version?

No official word, just David Yarnton saying there'd be 'cooking games' on the Wii, hinting at not only Cooking Mama Wii, but Iron Chef as well. The DS game is an inevitability...unless 42 All-Time Classics, Actionloop and English Training all tank terribly here.

I'm just gutted Europe doesn't get FFIII until Spring 2007. The shaft indeed...

I see there's been some talk of falling Zelda sells in Japan, so I made this for ya'll:
The main series sales Japan vs. NA:
zeldasalesgraphil8.png

I think graphs always put things in better perspective...

Top Bottom