• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mega Man X |OT| Rockin' and Rolling

I beat this game when my brother bought it on snes recently. I was like, "okay this time I'm going to beat it" and I did. Then I went on to X2 and X3, and finished them. I really loved the first 3 X games.

linkboy

Pretty good.

Mega Man X is a great game.

Why?

217549-MMXiOS-Header.jpg

That's why. It totally ruins everything that made the original game so great in the first place.

Not to mention it controls like shit.

217549-MMXiOS-Header.jpg

That's why. It totally ruins everything that made the original game so great in the first place.

Not to mention it controls like shit.

Ouch. Few games am I willing to call complete garbage based on stills alone, but this is certainly one of them. It just straight up hurts my feelings as a Megaman fan.

linkboy

Ouch. Few games am I willing to call complete garbage based on stills alone, but this is certainly one of them. It just straight up hurts my feelings as a Megaman fan.

This makes it even better

The game makes you load portions of each map you play through, with jarring black-screen transitions. Those in-level loading times were never required on the SNES, so it’s inexcusable to include them on the iPhone version.
The other major offense of the iOS version of MMX is the ability to purchase upgrades like “all weapons” or “all health boosts” with real money instead of making the player unlock it by completing the game the proper way. Way to cheapen the experience even more, Capcom.

Read more at http://venturebeat.com/2011/12/22/mega-man-x-ios-iphone-fans-hate-it/#AQL1vW43oL12VWSv.99

Oh wow, that's even worse than I imagined it was. WTF were they thinking with that release?! I'd imagine it would be hard to find someone who would defend that as being anything but pure trash.

4lejandro

lol, you kids and your Super Nintendo games.

I had the PC version.

I didn't know Mega Man X had ride armors until 2000 goddamn 6.

Fuck my deprived childhood, yo.

I remember seeing the PC Version back in the day bundled with a Gamepad and another game (SFII?) was this the version you owned??

Also I played megaman 1 first on PC, yikes! For some reason Megaman 2 was the one I played on the NES.

Now that I think about it I was originally a PC Gamer (not counting the Atari 2600, and NES that were my older brother's, my first system was the Gameboy), Test Drive 1 and 2 (dat intro soundtrack), Catacomb Abyss, Commander Keen 1 and 2, Knights of the Sky, some F1 Racing game by EA (I think), Elvira (scariest game ever!), Budokan, TMNT (which I thought it was THE SHIT), but way before that I remember playing really archaic versions of Zaxxon, Dig Dug, Missile Command, Pacman 3D (!!!), you could fit like 20 or more on a 5 1/4 floppy!

dmr87

Mega Man X on a touch device? FML.

This master piece should be played with the best controller ever made when it comes to platformers, i.e the SNES controller.

Azure J

Highway Stage is the best stage music, second is Storm Eagle.

Best track is Variable X.

Highway Stage > all. Launch Octopus is sleeper God Tier though. Variable X is like theme of my childhood.

Also, I totally relate to that one person who went "who is this girl". For the longest time, I thought Zero was a girl as a kid.

Videoneon

This game is so good, I will never get tired of it. Only wish you started with the Dash upgrade. Boomer Kuwanger, Stage Select 1, Spark Mandrill and Sigma Stage 1 are my favorite BGMs.

BLj-YPPCUAAviTX.png

BLjSgGdCEAE1gmH.png

BLjSifyCMAA9xEh.png

I want to facepalm so hard.

This is awesome. I salute our up and coming Mega Man fans for their....valor.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
I hate to be that guy but Maverick Hunter X is $10 on PSN. $5 wasn't enough for a 20 year old game... seriously Capcom?

Bururian

I hate to be that guy but Maverick Hunter X is $10 on PSN... seriously Capcom? $5 wasn't enough for a 20 year old game?

It's completely re-done in 3D, with all the in stage items shuffled around and a new mode with animated cut scenes and a OVA included on the UMD. $10 is more than worth it.

Fandangox

Got the Super Ghost & Goblins/Megaman X Deal. Since I never played Super Ghost and Goblins, might as well.

Edit: Is the eShop being really slow or is it just me?

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
It's completely re-done in 3D, with all the in stage items shuffled around and a new mode with animated cut scenes and a OVA included on the UMD. $10 is more than worth it.

I was commenting on the eShop release and how Maverick Hunter X is an infinitely better deal for $2 more (even less than $2 rather since PSN doesn't charge tax)

Bururian

I was commenting on the eShop release and how Maverick Hunter X is an infinitely better deal for $2 more (even less than $2 rather since PSN doesn't charge tax)

Be that as it may, Those who own a Wii U, and those who own a PS3 probably don't cross over as much as one might think.

So either or, they are both okay deals, considering a cart of MMX usually goes for more in a lot of cases.

Megatron

Be that as it may, Those who own a Wii U, and those who own a PS3 probably don't cross over as much as one might think.

So either or, they are both okay deals, considering a cart of MMX usually goes for more in a lot of cases.

I got my version of Maverick Hunter on PSN when it was on sale for $5.

Is it just me or does the framerate dip a lot, especially when charging your buster, shooting as you jump off a wall and hit a moving enemy? (at the spark mandrill miniboss)

Sanic

Awful frame rate destroys the playability of some sections.

I've beaten the first four robot masters. This'll definitely be a tough finish for me.

COT DAMN Miiverse is the gift that keeps giving LOL

Also, I still haven't bought this only because I'm a bit spoiled by the PS2 version that removed all the slowdown :(

Top Bottom