• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Megadimension Neptunia VII (PS4) Out Early 2016 (NA/EU)

Shizuka

Get ready to Nep Nep it up in NEXT mode, in this NEXT release exclusively for the PlayStation®4 home entertainment system! The first PS4 game in the Hyperdimension Neptunia series, this installment features new characters, three worlds to save and three stories to play, a new powerful transformation mode, extra features to the battle system, and a new dungeon minigame so you can get all the items you need for you and all of your new allies to save Gamindustri!

From Iffy Faithful.

MY BODY IS READY

Also, while the JP series not using "Hyperdimension" is normal, I'm surprised to see the English name change it. I figured the bean counters/marketing guys over there would be afraid that changing it would risk losing sales or something.

5626334292_61210_xlarge.png

EDIT: Apologies for the flip response. Glad that fans are getting more of what they love, but churning out product does the IF brand no favors.

Rocky

Banned
YES!!!! FINALLY!!! I've been waiting for the localization announcement. Now I just need a Limited Edition.

mejin

Nice!

And there is more jrpg TBA in NA/EU: Exist Archive, Grand Kingdom, Yoru no nai Kuni. Hope they all get localized.

18-Volt

Getting day 1. My PS4 needs more JRPG Nepnep.

Btw: Where is Shin Makai Trillion localization, IFI? It is one of your best games ever and it's already out in Japan. Don't kill your support for Vita.

Rarutos

Btw: Where is Shin Makai Trillion localization, IFI? It is one of your best games ever and it's already out in Japan. Don't kill your support for Vita.

Considering it just came out in Japan a couple months ago, I wouldn't expect a localization announcement that quickly considering it's a whole new game that's supposedly pretty huge.

I'm super excited about VII though, apparently it's actually a huge improvement over Victory in terms of both plot and gameplay! Really looking forward to playing it! Uzume looks really cool too.

Marow

Surprised to see a name change, especially as this is Victory II. Feels like a confusing change.

Still, bring it! I played the first on PC not too long ago and fell in love, so I'm hoping to see this eventually arrive there.

Played through all Neptunia mainline games this year and beat them all in around a week and a half each. And plan to get Spinoffs soon. So hyped for more NepNep. This may actually be my first PS4 game in awhile since so far I haven't gotten any this year. (And 3 total)

NotEasy

I got the platinum in the japanese version and it's probably the best game in the series,
day one if i can get another platinum trophy. :)

Tapejara

Awesome. I still haven't made much progress in the Nep Nep backlog, but I'll be sure to pick this up. I'm a bit disappointed at the name change though.

I'm genuinely impressed that the steaming pile of shit that was the first Neptunia managed to spawn such a massive franchise.

It helps that the devs seem to actually realize where the major faults are with the past games in the series and are making each new one better than the last (in regards to gameplay at least, story is hit or miss). Because ya, honestly don't see how anyone could stick with the series if they hadn't changed anything since the first 2 games on ps3.

VII? Weren't they on like... IV for main series games? Or are they counting remakes or those Vita spin-offs?

I dunno, as an outsider, this series makes no sense.

VII? Weren't they on like... IV for main series games? Or are they counting remakes or those Vita spin-offs?

The title is actually meant to mean Victory 2 or V - II, don't really understand why they went with it how they did. It's still the 4th mainline game in the series though (HDN/Rebirth, Mk2/Rebirth 2, Victory/Rebirth 3, Victory 2).

You know what?

I was genuinely surprised when I bought re;birth 1 on sale on Steam. It's actually a fun game. The combat is nice.

Will buy this when I get a PS4 again.

Falk

that puzzling face
The title is actually meant to mean Victory 2 or V - II, don't really understand why they went with it how they did. It's still the 4th mainline game in the series though (HDN/Rebirth, Mk2/Rebirth 2, Victory/Rebirth 3, Victory 2).

VII is a good number for JRPGs and I guess they wanted to get to it faster*?

*by faster I mean at the rate they're cranking these out actual VII would have taken what, another 2 months?

It's a sequel for Neptunia V hence V II

It was also the 7th Neptunia game (not counting ports) released

Phoenixus

5626334292_61210_xlarge.png

EDIT: Apologies for the flip response. Glad that fans are getting more of what they love, but churning out product does the IF brand no favors.

I have to reluctantly agree. I love the writing, but playing all three of the main games on Vita felt like I was just going through the first game three times. I really hope they have a bigger budget for this one, I'll be there in a flash.

It will have actually been ~3 years since the last mainline entry when this comes out.

The other recent stuff is spin-offs in other genres and remakes that largely served to give all the games a pretty nice combat system (which is probably why the rebirth games feel similar they were more about bringing things up to date than introducing new stuff).

Yeees day 1, just started playing Rebirth 3 and hype for a new Neptunia game. 2016 is looking so good and looking so bad for my wallet

Gunstar Ikari

Unconfirmed Member
I thought Re;Birth 1 would be considered as canon.

Nah, Re;Birth1 is self-contained.

The original Neptunia's story made it very difficult to create a direct sequel, so they started over with Mk2. Re;Birth1 changed Neptunia 1's story but made no effort to connect it to its sequels.

Top Bottom