• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Men's Fashion |OT| Style is eternal; But my wallet isn't

Amalthea

Banned
I want this;

05_68cb9164-26fd-4258-bc7c-46c983bd0742_1024x1024.jpg

09_5595ec8f-59f2-46e8-8aa4-8a112f55c506_1024x1024.jpg
Once you have it you gotta post pics so I can answer with a horny .gif! ;)

wtftrauma

Neo Member
I recently lost a ton of weight and no longer fit anything I own. So I need to build up my wardrobe again. I don't even have a suit any more.

Wondering what you thought of this jacket and whether there was any cheaper alternatives available in Australia? It's selling for around AUD$260 which seems insane to me.

Politix Varick Light Grey
mc37w_lightgrey_detail_2.jpg

mc37w_lightgrey_outfit_2.jpg

NinjaBoiX

These are very chintzy and feminine IMO, and also look like disposable bags you'd deliver a gift in.

Not feeling mac.
Got these delivered yesterday!

visvim FBT
Nice, cool balance of smart and casual.
I recently lost a ton of weight and no longer fit anything I own. So I need to build up my wardrobe again. I don't even have a suit any more.

Wondering what you thought of this jacket and whether there was any cheaper alternatives available in Australia? It's selling for around AUD$260 which seems insane to me.

I LOVE this, really classy and the funnel necked inner lining is a nice touch. I'd wear the shit out of that.

Might actually look for something similar for the winter months.

NinjaBoiX

Why is that a problem? Those bags are fabulous.
That's exactly the problem for me, they're kind of "fabulous dah-ling". They're very, um, flamboyant.

Not just that though, they look, wait for it, "tacky" to me. It looks like you've kept over the bags from your Christmas gifts.

Simply stating my opinion obviously, they are just really not my stamp at all.

Kraftwerk

That's exactly the problem for me, they're kind of "fabulous dah-ling". They're very, um, flamboyant.

Not just that though, they look, wait for it, "tacky" to me. It looks like you've kept over the bags from your Christmas gifts.

Simply stating my opinion obviously, they are just really not my stamp at all.

wow, I pegged you as someone who would be more open-minded and would be willing to bathe in some fabulosity.

tumblr_lusb1j2f7y1qeuomb.gif

NinjaBoiX

wow, I pegged you as someone who would be more open-minded and would be willing to bathe in some fabulosity.

tumblr_lusb1j2f7y1qeuomb.gif
I'm too normcore dude, I'd feel like a proper plonker walking about with one of those bags.

But her t-shirt is fabulous, I don't know why she cry.

I went to a new Uniqlo opening yesterday and I'll just buy online from now on. I've had better customer service at a wal-mart.
I've never had a problem but I don't really like people asking how I'm doing when I'm shopping anyway. If I want help I'll grab someone

also I assume the opening was a madhouse so that probably didn't help anything

Any chance of Nordstroms ever stocking Men's Saint Laurent? They only have the womens collections, although some pieces are identical. About to move away from the SLP retail store just as I'd be able to actually go there :p

Any chance of Nordstroms ever stocking Men's Saint Laurent? They only have the womens collections, although some pieces are identical. About to move away from the SLP retail store just as I'd be able to actually go there :p

No on Nordstroms, but Saks is about to start socking it, and you could always shop online. Mr. Porter has a pretty good selection and a very good return policy.

Sami+

Dude, that looks rad as fuck. I want one.

No on Nordstroms, but Saks is about to start socking it, and you could always shop online. Mr. Porter has a pretty good selection and a very good return policy.

Oh I know, it's more about wanting to try stuff on first. Will look into Mr. Porter though if they have a good return policy. Just sucks to get something that doesn't fit and have to send it right back. Plus I just like seeing things in person before spending that kind of money.

SLP in a nordstrom. That'd be some shit. They barely got anything as it is.
They have some of the woman's line, was just wondering why it was one and not the other. Especially when things like the varsity bomber jacket are identical(outside of fit I imagine)

SLP in a nordstrom. That'd be some shit. They barely got anything as it is.
the flagship in seattle is pretty decked out for women's shit. chanel rtw and all. men's is kinda meh by comparison.

They have some of the woman's line, was just wondering why it was one and not the other. Especially when things like the varsity bomber jacket are identical(outside of fit I imagine)
the average dude at nordstrom just wants to buy some nice works slacks and shoes and be done with it.

Let's not even discuss the disparity between what's available for women and men. It should go without saying I meant seeing anything even approaching SLP caliber clothing for men in a Nordstrom is a dream.

the average dude at nordstrom just wants to buy some nice works slacks and shoes and be done with it.

Yeah, I guess that's just a lack of self-awareness on my part. Plus the prospect of having money is a recent thing for me so actually paying attention to the differences between store sections never jumped out at me.

Kinda into the sweatshirt with the cutout. Just happy to see more budget-friendly designer collabs in general.

there's the h&m x alexander wang one coming up too but i don't think i've seen any of the pieces from the collection

fuck marc. gonna try and hit up tim coppens, rodarte, and thom browne, and have the definite in on the alice + olivia party on monday.

might be too late for this but try get into the mara hoffman after party, i was lucky enough to be snuck in by some stylists earlier this year and had a blast

NinjaBoiX

"Wang" is a colloquialism for penis in the UK, so walking around with wanker shades on with Wang in huge lettering on the back amuses me.

Lotto

So the Pure Blue Japan collection on Uniqlo isn't actually a collab from PBJ apparently. Weird that they decided to use that name. I still wanted a heather gray sweater/tee from it but they sold out of xs sizes as soon as it went up or something :(

Alucrid

Banned
So the Pure Blue Japan collection on Uniqlo isn't actually a collab from PBJ apparently. Weird that they decided to use that name. I still wanted a heather gray sweater/tee from it but they sold out of xs sizes as soon as it went up or something :(

lol, i saw that and though, "hm that's weird"

LJ11

Some pretty cool outerwear in that Geller collection, nothing crazy, but well tailored and simple. Too bad most of it will never see the light of day in the west.

Alucrid

Banned
Some pretty cool outerwear in that Geller collection, nothing crazy, but well tailored and simple. Too bad most of it will never see the light of day in the west.

i have a strong feeling the blue jacket will. i hope. and probably the bomber too

double jump

you haven't lived until a random little kid ask you "how do you make love".
fashion brehs I'm looking for some sub $100 jeans with lose thighs and waist that stack like fitted jeans at the ankles. Does this exist ?

LJ11

fashion brehs I'm looking for some sub $100 jeans with lose thighs and waist that stack like fitted jeans at the ankles. Does this exist ?

I've read that the Pure Blue Japan line that Uniqlo introduced, that Lotto mentioned above, has that type a fit, they're called loose fit tapered. Big in the thighs, with a substantial taper in the legs. Might be an option.

Top Bottom