• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Men's Fashion |OT| Style is eternal; But my wallet isn't

Anyone know where I can get a similar shirt?

jYVZ7Iz5k2g84.JPG

no idea on the specific shirt, but it's a short sleeve covered/hidden placket shirt, so using those search terms can get you somewhere, usually. I've seen a few here and there but mostly in the high fashion realm so like $300+

overcast

Any time I try and do my hair similar to that dude I feel like it looks stupid. I'll attempt it again.

I cannot wait for Fall, good God. Although California isn't prime for the layers, cardigans/sweaters. Yes.

Hey guys,

I am in the market for a new messenger bag, but I don't want to spend a ton on it. What are my best options? I've been looking at a couple of bags from Fossil and this other "Serbag" company seems to have some neat bags, but I've no idea on the quality. The Fossil bags are pretty pricey, but they've got a nice, clean design. I might be able to get a deal on that, but are there any other good alternatives out of there? I sort of prefer canvas to leather. My preferred budget maxes out at $100.

giga

Hey guys,

I am in the market for a new messenger bag, but I don't want to spend a ton on it. What are my best options? I've been looking at a couple of bags from Fossil and this other "Serbag" company seems to have some neat bags, but I've no idea on the quality. The Fossil bags are pretty pricey, but they've got a nice, clean design. I might be able to get a deal on that, but are there any other good alternatives out of there? I sort of prefer canvas to leather. My preferred budget maxes out at $100.
http://www.navali.com/bags.html

10% off with code NEWSAILOR too.

friday

Hey guys,

You looked at LL bean yet?

http://www.navali.com/bags.html

10% off with code NEWSAILOR too.

These look really nice. What's the quality on these? Definitely interested. I need my bag to be able to take a beating and still look pretty good without falling apart.

Edit: While they're nice, it's thirty bucks to ship it to Canada. I'm out.

You looked at LL bean yet?

No, I don't really know too many bag manufacturers, but I'll take a look.

Ooohhh. Thanks for the link. I've been looking for a new backpack to replace my unfashionable Jansport I've been using for a while.

I'm waiting for Zappos to restock the Herschel Canvas backpacks by Monday, otherwise I might be buying the rucksack from that site instead.
makr does some satchels for $135 in a bunch of colors. I have a tote and it's pretty damn rugged.

http://makr.com/farm-satchel-english-tan

makr does some satchels for $135 in a bunch of colors. I have a tote and it's pretty damn rugged.

http://makr.com/farm-satchel-english-tan

Tempting, but I can't go for a satchel. I need it as a school bag to carry an iPad a notebook, and maybe a book or two. I also considered going for a messenger bag as well but I'm most likely gonna have to carry a video camera + tripod around school for a class so that's already one shoulder out of the equation.

School doesn't start until Thursday so I got a couple of days to look around, worst comes to worst, I'll be sporting my Jansport for a whole week while waiting for my bag to show up lol.

I might get a wool outer cape this season. some bad boy shit. hansel + gretel 2013 shit.

Tempting, but I can't go for a satchel. I need it as a school bag to carry an iPad a notebook, and maybe a book or two. I also considered going for a messenger bag as well but I'm most likely gonna have to carry a video camera + tripod around school for a class so that's already one shoulder out of the equation.

School doesn't start until Thursday so I got a couple of days to look around, worst comes to worst, I'll be sporting my Jansport for a whole week while waiting for my bag to show up lol.
ah, unfortunately their larger messengers and backpacks are quite a bit more (around $200 iirc)

Kwixotik

Hey guys,

Danier's got some cheap, cool leather bags

http://www.danier.com/casual-bags-C41.aspx?lang=en&p=0

but actually tho

http://www.2nd-blog-cafe.jp/photos/uncategorized/2013/02/09/tumblr_mhtjgcqukp1rd1u5oo1_1280_2.jpg[IMG]

seriously considering copping this cape

i'm such a fashion victim.[/QUOTE]

Dude looks cool, but how are you gonna walk around wearing a cape in real life?

Quick question, if limited to these two, which one will y'all get?

Choice 1:
1942565-p-MULTIVIEW.jpg

1942565-1-MULTIVIEW.jpg

Choice 2:
2321724-p-MULTIVIEW.jpg

2321724-1-MULTIVIEW.jpg

Choice 1 is on sale right for $64 and the Choice 2 is at $50.

I'm kinda leaning for the choice 2 just coz it looks really unique for a Herschel bag, but choice 1 is quite roomy, and those leather straps look pretty good. So I'm kinda stuck in between.

Already asked my friends for their input so y'all's input would be awesome as well.

I haven't worn a backpack in a while, is the leather on the straps in a place that would benefit from the leather? I'd go with that if so, but I don't know how sturdy hersel's stuff is in general. 2 does look cooler, so if it's a non issue...

are there zara luster knock-offs?
a few, but they mostly cribbed VOTC, along with a bunch of rando japanese/korean companies.

Cosmic Bus

pristine morning snow
There's a Zara opening here soon; can't wait to go ogle clothes I can neither afford nor wear b/c I'm too short.

downtown los angeles is getting the largest zara in the US. also getting the largest acne in the world, which i am far more excited about. gotta cop those sweat pants.

I haven't worn a backpack in a while, is the leather on the straps in a place that would benefit from the leather? I'd go with that if so, but I don't know how sturdy hersel's stuff is in general. 2 does look cooler, so if it's a non issue...

Not necessarily, backpacks straps usually rip at the top if it's heavy enough but the bottom can still rip depending on how someone's using it.

In terms of quality and durability, Herschel is supposedly pretty good. Not on the level of Jansport but close to it.

Anyway, asked a couple of friends and almost all the females I've asked prefer choice 1. They say the leather makes it look more classy, but choice 2 definitely does look really unique so now I have to pick whether I want to look classy or unique. I shouldn't have wasted my time asking lol.

Awesome. Where at in DTLA?

The Zara is gonna be at the mall on 7th and Fig where the Target is, and the Acne over on Broadway next to the big ass Umami Burger and across the street from the Ace Hotel (which is rumored to have an Opening Ceremony). Our little downtown is growing up.

Oh, and black shoes only look good with darker jeans IMO. I wouldn't wear them with light blue jeans.

EDIT: Got the Acne confused with the under construction Urban Outfitters. The Acne store is opening across the street from the Umami Burger in the Eastern Columbia Building.

The Zara is gonna be at the mall on 7th and Fig where the Target is, and the Acne over on Broadway next to the big ass Umami Burger and across the street from the Ace Hotel (which is rumored to have an Opening Ceremony). Our little downtown is growing up.

Oh, and black shoes only look good with darker jeans IMO. I wouldn't wear them with light blue jeans.

I'm so glad LA decided to make Downtown a thing again.

Lamel

Banned
Quick question, if limited to these two, which one will y'all get?

Choice 1:
1942565-p-MULTIVIEW.jpg

1942565-1-MULTIVIEW.jpg

Choice 2:
2321724-p-MULTIVIEW.jpg

2321724-1-MULTIVIEW.jpg

Choice 1 is on sale right for $64 and the Choice 2 is at $50.

I'm kinda leaning for the choice 2 just coz it looks really unique for a Herschel bag, but choice 1 is quite roomy, and those leather straps look pretty good. So I'm kinda stuck in between.

Already asked my friends for their input so y'all's input would be awesome as well.

I'd get option 1.

I think the Herschel pop quiz bag is the best looking though.

Top Bottom