• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Community Thread: Made you wait, didn't I?

Status
Not open for further replies.

-Deimos

suit, legendary dev, suit, suit
public-entity, suit, private-corp, suit

Reggie? Suit?
379ch.gif

injurai

Banned
He's not.

he's been a marketing and corporate guy his whole career
i think he does a great job for the position he fills, it's an important and needed one
you'll have to do more convincing than just telling me he's not

Saying he isn't means others in that list aren't either when they clearly are suits. Technically even Kojima has stepped into the role of being a suit.
More than anything I'm pointing out a trend in their booking, not saying anything against someone who is a suit.

JayEH

i think he does a great job for the position he fills, it's an important and needed one

Saying he isn't means others in that list aren't either when they clearly are suits. Technically even Kojima has stepped into the role of being a suit.
More than anything I'm pointing out a trend in their booking, not saying anything against someone who is a suit.

Oh my bad, I was agreeing with you. I replied to your post but I was really responding to Deimos' post. Should have worded that better lol.

billy-walsh-entourage-1.jpg

TheBoss1

The AC:U framerate thread has me thinking. Have you guys ever realized that Kojima usually releases game that are so polished that they could go without ever needing a patch? Maybe this is a major reason why he takes so long to release games and why we haven't gotten a release date even though the game was announced in 2012.

Think about it... other triple A games that get released usually ships broken and takes so long to get to a perfectly playable state. Look at BF4 and only now have the complaints simmered down. Add the time it took them to patch the games with the date the game was announced and it isn't too far off from MGSV announcement.

Yes, no matter how you put it the game is taking forever to come out but that's not the entire point. I prefer the game be shipped in a very playable state than to buy a game and have to wait months to get it running at least decently.

Palpable

The AC:U framerate thread has me thinking. Have you guys ever realized that Kojima usually releases game that are so polished that they could go without ever needing a patch? Maybe this is a major reason why he takes so long to release games and why we haven't gotten a release date even though the game was announced in 2012.

Think about it... other triple A games that get released usually ships broken and takes so long to get to a perfectly playable state. Look at BF4 and only now have the complaints simmered down. Add the time it took them to patch the games with the date the game was announced and it isn't too far off from MGSV announcement.

Yes, no matter how you put it the game is taking forever to come out but that's not the entire point. I prefer the game be shipped in a very playable state than to buy a game and have to wait months to get it running at least decently.

Well yeah, Kojima is a perfectionist. Luckily he's also a big wig at Konami so he can have a say in a lot of publishing stuff. Other companies/publishers want shit done and released asap because $$$chaching$$$.

Remember KotOR 2? An otherwise amazing game that was crippled because Lucasarts wouldn't push the game back even though it wasn't finished.

Batzi

Banned
I still don't know how Kojima gets away with taking his time with his games...
He's VP at Konami Computer Entertainment (Japan) and the head of Kojima Productions and he is taking care of 2 of the most important Konami franchises (Metal Gear and Silent Hill). He gets pretty much what he wants because he probably owns most of the firm's shares. His net worth is $30M.

2014-07-2016_53_22-enn2saf.png

Hahaha! Oh, you guys.

You make a lot of great points. I think that's part of the reason that MGS fans are as dedicated as they are to the series. Clearly the series' creator loves his games and it shows. Easy to support and hopefully, one day, others follow suit. :)

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.

The MGS series is known for being polished to hell and back. We won't see a shitfest like Unity with MGSV.

I don't think this has been posted here, but Robert Allen Peeler, KojiPro LA's Online Community Manager, posted the following on Steam a few days ago, regarding the PC versions of both GZ and TPP:

http://steamcommunity.com/app/311340/discussions/0/613941122619835287/?l=english

http://steamcommunity.com/app/287700/discussions/0/620696522077942813/

Basically, he will be monitoring the Steam community for any feedback, wishes, etc. So, anyone who's interested in the PC versions should leave feedback on the links above.

Nzyme32

I don't think this has been posted here, but Robert Allen Peeler, KojiPro LA's Online Community Manager, posted the following on Steam a few days ago, regarding the PC versions of both GZ and TPP:

http://steamcommunity.com/app/311340/discussions/0/613941122619835287/?l=english

Basically, he will be monitoring the Steam community for any feedback, wishes, etc. So, anyone who's interested in the PC versions should leave feedback on the links above.

Not sure what this is about, but it may interest a few of you. https://steamdb.info/app/311340/history/

Z1YeoT1.png

Palpable

Dunno what to bring to have Kojima sign... I'm leaning most towards my still sealed copy of MGS1 black label. Never met him before, but from what I understand he can understand English very well, just not speak it too great.

JayEH

Dunno what to bring to have Kojima sign... I'm leaning most towards my still sealed copy of MGS1 black label. Never met him before, but from what I understand he can understand English very well, just not speak it too great.

When he accepted his lifetime achievement award on MTV his English was pretty good. His VGA 2011 speech though...

-Deimos

I'm impressed. Looks like they're actually trying with the PC version.

TheBoss1

Say what you want about his VO skills, but this guy is always entertaining in interviews lol
http://www.metalgearinformer.com/?p=16565

Some of my favorite Q&A's...
Did you audition specifically for the role of Snake for MGS1 or were you willing to do any of the other roles?

I’d have played Mei Ling at the time, if they’d asked me.

What was the dumbest line you had to say as Solid Snake?

The forty-two thousand repeated questions.

For you Snake_911
and his believers
Is there anything you could possibly say to convince us that you are in fact not involved with MGSV in some next-level Kojima troll conspiracy?

Or have you concluded that we are all stuck in the denial phase until the game is released and the end credits roll?

I doubt it.

I will say — don’t get your hopes up.

How does it feel when no matter how much you deny it, we all KNOW you’re voicing Solid Snake at the end of TPP/MG1 remake?

… Frustrating?

JayEH

From that same interview.

I’ve never played a metal gear game. Which should I start with, in your opinion?

Go chronologically.

Start with Snake Eater, Peace Walker, Shadow Moses, etc…

David no, David plz.

re: kojima's english. his english is probably quite good. a lot of famous people, athletes in particular, will use an interpreter because they don't like the way they sound or come off in interviews. but they could most certainly have a conversation in english

wilsonda

I've got to echo some of the previous comments regarding the recent day 1 issues (and beyond) when it comes to some of the most recent AAA releases. I've just been thinking how nice it is to have a locked 60 FPS with the Fox Engine, and knowing that Kojima's game is going to be so polished so that it puts other games to shame.

Here's to you, Kojima and the Fox Engine

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T--JS16uSV8

Akiller

Love?Now i Know How Old Snake felt when he suddely saw BB in front of him.

Welcome back Love,old soldiers never die.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom