• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Community Thread: Made you wait, didn't I?

Status
Not open for further replies.
1bshibata.gif

tumblr_mo6vpmTwlq1qzqt8do1_500.gif

Love what took you so long ?

Saw Interstellar. Given Kojima's Nolan boner, I'm curious to know what his thoughts on the film are? That and Birdman, considering the whole film is just one camera shot.

If any of you plan on seeing interstellar, I would recommend imax just for the experience alone.

Also, welcome black Love D. What chew been dewin mang?

Saw Interstellar. Given Kojima's Nolan boner, I'm curious to know what his thoughts on the film are? That and Birdman, considering the whole film is just one camera shot.

If any of you plan on seeing interstellar, I would recommend imax just for the experience alone.

Also, welcome black Love D. What chew been dewin mang?

I gotta to my local IMAX and check it out, I think I'll enjoy it.

X

Xpike

Unconfirmed Member
Big Boss destroyed the world, Solid Snake fixed it while being an old man in his 40s.
There's only 1 true hero and he has both eyes.

Palpable

Sunday morning. I got a Day 1 pass for the Playstation Experience. I think most of the important things will be shown on that day. I have to catch a plane on Sunday morning otherwise I won't be able to make it to work on Monday.

Cool man. I have a 2 day pass. I'll be at both events with my cousin. I'll certainly see you there. I'm going to bring something MGS related in case Kojima is signing shit.

Batzi

Banned
Cool man. I have a 2 day pass. I'll be at both events with my cousin. I'll certainly see you there. I'm going to bring something MGS related in case Kojima is signing shit.

Kojima will be signing shit for sure! That would be my 3rd time meeting with him! Imagine a new trailer is revealed there with a release date! OMG! HYPE!

JayEH

What you need to do is the Snake Otacon handshake when you meet. No practice, just go for it as soon as you see each other :p

Oh man Love Deterrence-kun!

You have returned!

WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

WORDS THAT KILL...

STANDING ON THE EDGE...

Kept us waiting, huh?

The hypu! Also I really need a release date for the PC version assuming it doesn't end up releasing at the same time. Also more trailers please.

Oh man Love Deterrence-kun!

You have returned!

WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

WORDS THAT KILL...

STANDING ON THE EDGE...

Kept us waiting, huh?

The hypu! Also I really need a release date for the PC version assuming it doesn't end up releasing at the same time. Also more trailers please.

Duke! Thanks, man!! ^_^

I just realized that I haven't been able to comment on it here, but... how about the new bits of "Sins of the Father"?! This is good, isn't it? ;-) Sweet Jesus, what a track. Hard to adjust to listening to it without the thunder and car crash effects! :-D

I'm positive we'll get a release date at The Game Awards, and maybe some more concrete info regarding the PC release(s) shortly following! HYPE? HYPE.

Palpable

I think I'll wear one of my many Metal Gear shirts coupled with a FoxHound fauna sweatshirt.

That sounds so nerdy and retarded in retrospect, but the hype is too great.

damnit i want a foxhound/mgs shirt so bad.

Did we ever get a follow up for the PUMA merchandizing stuff? err was that JPN only =/

Batzi don't forget your sword and shield

Batzi

Banned

Did we ever get a follow up for the PUMA merchandizing stuff? err was that JPN only =/

Batzi don't forget your sword and shield

The sword is real so I can't take it out but I have a high quality picture of this that I might take with me and have Kojima sign it:

10670218_10203844659411154_4753394594766341425_n.jpg

JayEH

Same here. The UK/EU has gotten some really good shirts lately but for some reason Konami hates the United States and there's no good official merch here. There's a lot of fan made ones I've seen on Ebay and other places but I'm hesitant to buy them.

For those with MG shirts, where do you buy them from?

Batzi

Banned
For those with MG shirts, where do you buy them from?

We have official ones and non-official ones. By official I mean that the shirts were made in collaboration with KONAMI/Kojima Productions. Official are mostly from UNIQLO and they're in-store for a limited amount of time and they come out when a new MGS comes out. Some of the officials are sold on Ebay but for a higher price. Uniqlo shirts retail at a price of 20$.

We have official ones and non-official ones. By official I mean that the shirts were made in collaboration with KONAMI/Kojima Productions. Official are mostly from UNIQLO and they're in-store for a limited amount of time and they come out when a new MGS comes out. Some of the officials are sold on Ebay but for a higher price. Uniqlo shirts retail at a price of 20$.

Holy damn. Didn't know those are Uniqlo too. I need it!
If anyone has any headsup for these let me knoww!

BTW that pic with Norman is epic. lol

EDIT: LOL Found this Diamong Doge t-shirt on amazon. alright which gaffer did this
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00OJGYDKY/?tag=neogaf0e-20

HLf7Jn9.png

Wut

Kojima shared some new information about the animals in Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain during Kojima Station. In the latest episode, Kojima looked back at the various animals that have appeared in earlier games in the series. Then, they talked a bit about the animals in The Phantom Pain, some of which we have already seen in trailers.

MGSV-TPP-Jackals_zpsc3bf2d13.jpg

The animals will attack both you and your enemies. Kojima said he was checking the game recently, when a Soviet soldier was attacked and eaten by a wild animal. “When asked if animals will attack each other, Kojima nodded and smiled.” (translated by JunkerHQ). So you’ll need to be careful not only for soldiers, but for wildlife as well. But, you may also be able to use them to your advantage. “Kojima also said you can use the animal capture system to get them to attack enemies for you.” (JunkerHQ). It sounds like you may be able to drop them near an enemy to cause some mayhem.

The day/night cycle also has an effect on the animal system, the time of day will probably determine what wildlife you’ll run into.

Yet another element to play around with in the game, from the looks of it. Aside from using them to build you zoo, of course.

New information about animals in MGSV: The Phantom Pain

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom