• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Community Thread: Made you wait, didn't I?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Palpable

I didn't see Konami's name on the list of developer's going. I'm not sure that's a full list but I wouldn't say the chances are high.

I'm thinking the list isn't full just yet. Gotta hold on to hope :s

I don't see why they wouldn't though. Kojima will be in Vegas Friday, and then the PSE event will be that Saturday and Sunday.

Fingers crossed.

Icefire1424

"“Kojima also said you can use the animal capture system to get them to attack enemies for you.” (JunkerHQ). It sounds like you may be able to drop them near an enemy to cause some mayhem."

Goat airstrike approved.

"“Kojima also said you can use the animal capture system to get them to attack enemies for you.” (JunkerHQ). It sounds like you may be able to drop them near an enemy to cause some mayhem."

Goat airstrike approved.

I've been saying that goat kamikaze put some c4 on a horde of goats.

Akiller

Like scorpions and snakes in MGS3. Now we just need the return of survival features and we'll get the truly Next-Gen MGS3!

Goat airstrike approved.

It could actually happen, i mean it's Kojima we are talking about.

Batzi

Banned
Really? I'd be surprised if he wasn't planning some sort of showing there. Hopefully they'll set up a Konami booth at least.
I'm sure he'll be there but will he show something? Not sure. It's Playstation's 20th anniversary btw, the least Sony can do is thank Kojima for bringing Metal Gear on the PS1. MGS1 made the PS1 look more mature than it was originally planned. Metal Gear is the reason for many gamers to buy the next Playstation.

TheBoss1

I've been saying that goat kamikaze put some c4 on a horde of goats.

I've been saying it since the goat/ulton stream: Fulton the goat with C4 attached to make an improvised ant-helicopter device.

Not sure what is scarier, the fact that legitimate thought was put into this, or the fact that both may prove to be a viable strategy.
Dammit! I've never felt so guilty in my life for actually considering this. What have we come to?

I'm pretty sure KojiPro will prevent this from happening because the media. But Kojima did say that this game will cause controversy so...

Icefire1424

I'm pretty sure KojiPro will prevent this from happening because the media. But Kojima did say that this game will cause controversy so...

Controversy in that there is implied
rape
, not goats going all explodie. If nothing else, that would probably serve as an excellent distraction. I for one would probably leave my post to go investigate a goat exploding.

wilsonda

I've been looking forward to attaching c4 to various animals
but not diamond dog
ever since the reveal of animals in TPP.. imagine taking out guard checkpoints with a sheep strapped with c4
just without the sadistic bomb placement as Paz

You people are monsters. What did the goats ever do to you?
imagine the goats rushing towards the guards
i.chzbgr.gif

and now picture the following..

boom.gif

TheBoss1

Controversy in that there is implied
rape
, not goats going all explodie. If nothing else, that would probably serve as an excellent distraction. I for one would probably leave my post to go investigate a goat exploding.
I'm pretty sure that will not be the only controversial aspect of MGSV.
Child soldiers, racism, extreme gore, etc.
imagine the goats rushing towards the guards
i.chzbgr.gif

and now picture the following..

boom.gif

You monster!
Meryl in MGS1 I think

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
So awesome.

I really love his design. I'm glad they haven't overdone it.

MGSV-The-Phantom-Pain-Skull-Face-Figure-Play-Arts.jpg

MGSV-The-Phantom-Pain-Skull-Face-Figure-Play-Arts-2.jpg

X

Xpike

Unconfirmed Member
A secret room with Paz corpse. You know, he's not finished with her. NOT YET!

dont think
getting exploded from the inside out
leaves much of a corpse

also, how is the spoiler tag policy on this thread?

JayEH

dont think
getting exploded from the inside out
leaves much of a corpse

also, how is the spoiler tag policy on this thread?

You should probably tag Ground Zeroes spoilers since it's the latest release and I'm sure a bunch of people haven't played it yet. Everything else is fine. The only time I start tagging older games is if I see someone who says they're playing the games for the first time.

JayEH

I haven't played GZ but don't bother using spoiler tags. The entire story was spoiled in the trailers anyway.

Yeah I was really surprised when I finished the game and I realized they showed all the cutscenes within trailers, even the "big surprise". Guess that's why I wasn't too shocked when I saw it.

You waiting for a price cut for GZ or just want to play it together with TPP?

-Deimos

Yeah I was really surprised when I finished the game and I realized they showed all the cutscenes within trailers, even the "big surprise". Guess that's why I wasn't too shocked when I saw it.

You waiting for a price cut for GZ or just want to play it together with TPP?
Waiting for the PC version. Only console I have access to is my cousin's PS3 and I didn't want to play the last-gen version.

Waiting for the PC version. Only console I have access to is my cousin's PS3 and I didn't want to play the last-gen version.

Thank God they're handling the PC version with care. I guess this is the first PC port from Kojima Productions (since MGS and MGS2 were released before "Koji Pro" came into existence).

JayEH

Kojima is secretly a huge PC gamer.

On a side note, FC4 is probably the closest thing to compare TPP in terms of open world games. I've noticed in the DF thread about FC4 that people are really impressed with it being locked 30.Ha.

Kojima is secretly a huge PC gamer.

On a side note, FC4 is probably the closest thing to compare TPP in terms of open world games. I've noticed in the DF thread about FC4 that people are really impressed with it being locked 30.Ha.

I think it's a matter of trading fps for popin. I'd rather the popin, especially since it's not bad when you're not in a vehicle

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom