• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Community Thread: Made you wait, didn't I?

Status
Not open for further replies.
the real problem with PW after the first "ending" is grindng to build zeke. running side ops and zadornov missions is fun, but you have to get those AI pieces to trigger the ending unfortunately

X

Xpike

Unconfirmed Member
the real problem with PW after the first "ending" is grindng to build zeke. running side ops and zadornov missions is fun, but you have to get those AI pieces to trigger the ending unfortunately

Those are the same things. And at least for me by the time I finished the 1st ending I had a wide variety of powerful rocket launches enough to make the AI grinding a total joke.

Nvzman

I still can't figure out how to get the fucking head parts.
I have more than enough of the other 3 things, but I can't get one head part. I keep trying not to attack the head but I still wind up getting jack shit in the end.

X

Xpike

Unconfirmed Member
I still can't figure out how to get the fucking head parts.
I have more than enough of the other 3 things, but I can't get one head part. I keep trying not to attack the head but I still wind up getting jack shit in the end.

This may help.

JayEH

Thank you.
But this tidbit: "Deal lots of damage to unlock the boards, but not too much since it could break."
UGGGHHHH

GIANT_ENEMY_CRAB_by_michaleon.jpg

Toparaman

Banned
It's a bit harsh to write someone off for one creative misstep in a series of otherwise impeccable games, don't you think...?

I wouldn't call any of the Metal Gears impeccable, especially after replaying them recently. Even the best ones have a severe case of verbal diarrhea, and conspiracy-laden melodramatic plots that can't be taken seriously even though they're supposed to be. The series would be in the so-bad-it's-good category if it weren't for the ambitious gameplay, goofy humor, and technical spectacle.

And Peace Walker makes it two missteps.

I should really change my avatar.

wilsonda

I just watched it & I don't quite get what you're referring to. You mean after he shoots the first soldier and then sidesteps while he aims? It didn't look like reflex mode was on. All he did was aim and then hold the analog stick to the right.

You are right.. looks like reflex mode was not on...but it does looks like his step to the right was more like a quick side step rather than simply normal movement to the right but that may just be me reading the trailer incorrectly

-Deimos

You are right.. looks like reflex mode was not on...but it does looks like his step to the right was more like a quick side step rather than simply normal movement to the right but that may just be me reading the trailer incorrectly

Probably a TPP only feature.

wilsonda

I wouldn't call any of the Metal Gears impeccable, especially after replaying them recently. Even the best ones have a severe case of verbal diarrhea, and conspiracy-laden melodramatic plots that can't be taken seriously even though they're supposed to be. The series would be in the so-bad-it's-good category if it weren't for the ambitious gameplay, goofy humor, and technical spectacle.

And Peace Walker makes it two missteps.

Everything you listed as a negative about metal gear is actually what makes it so good ... everyone is going to have different options on it though

JayEH

Lol can't be associated with Metal Gear gaf anymore? PW isn't that bad. Even if there are two missteps in your mind, it's a lot better than most series.

Even the "bad" Metal Gears have something redeemable about them and I would definitely say the first three games are some of the greatest of all time.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member

All the reasons I love Metal Gear. It does all those things impeccably. I'd say the series is really consistent compared to most, but that's probably obvious given the thread. :)

Also, I never seen it as cut and dry as "being taken seriously". Every game in the series has moments where it puts forward serious issues or drama, but it also has moments where it's very aware of how silly it is. That's all part of the charm, man.

JayEH

Instead of the VGAs this year we're getting "The Game Awards",http://thegameawards.com/. There's an "advisory board" that does something but Kojima is part of it so I guess this confirms TPP will get a release date there? Probably shouldn't get hyped though...

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Instead of the VGAs this year we're getting "The Game Awards",http://thegameawards.com/. There's an "advisory board" that does something but Kojima is part of it so I guess this confirms TPP will get a release date there? Probably shouldn't get hyped though...

Hideo Kojima (Executive Contents Director, Kojima Productions)

YEEESSSSSS!!!!!!!!

New MGSV stuff confirmed and HOPEFULLY RELEASE DATE!!!!!

Batzi

Banned
YEEESSSSSS!!!!!!!!

Release date must be announced before end of this year so yes most probably around the show in December or shortly after. And expect one more trailer before the launch trailer.

Sn4ke_911

Release date must be announced before end of this year so yes most probably around the show in December or shortly after. And expect one more trailer before the launch trailer.

I expect to see the MGO reveal before MGSV release since Kojima said in the twitch interview when MGSV releases Metal Gear Online will be ready too.

is there a thread about this event specifically? perhaps we could coax a response from him in there. he has dropped hints/hype about content the last few times MGS was shown

Yes.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=930067

JayEH

is there a thread about this event specifically? perhaps we could coax a response from him in there. he has dropped hints/hype about content the last few times MGS was shown

There's one about the announcement but I haven't seen if he's said anything yet.

Sn4ke_911

thanks. so this thing is in vegas right before the PS Experience show. High possibility of a kojima-san appearance at PSX now despite konami not being listed in the announcement. i am getting excited now!

Yeah we will definitely get something new on that event.

So get HYPE!

AND FUCKING VALVE!!! WOOT HALF-LIFE 3 CONFIRMED LOLOLOL

from the game awards official site:
2014-11-1023_47_11-ga7tsez.png

Yeah we will definitely get something new on that event.

So get HYPE!

AND FUCKING VALVE!!! WOOT HALF-LIFE 3 CONFIRMED LOLOLOL

from the game awards official site:
2014-11-1023_47_11-ga7tsez.png

interesting how it's big AAA companies and department heads, and then...kojima da god. he's the only game designer on there

JayEH

interesting how it's big AAA companies and department heads, and then...kojima da god. he's the only game designer on there

Let's be honest though Kojima is Konami at this point lol.

Also Kojima loves Keighley so it isn't surprising. I think he's also been at almost every VGA/X and Keighley is always the host of interviews/shows for MGS.

Palpable

Wait a minute, it's in Las Vegas?! I can fucking go to it then! Is it open to the public? It's on the same day as the Playstation Experience?!

Nvzman

YEEESSSSSS!!!!!!!!

FUUUUUUUUUU-
Now November is gonna be a shitty slog waiting for that magic sentence.
"The Phantom Pain is coming out XX.XX.2015"
Please tell me it's coming out before summer of next year

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom