• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Community Thread: Made you wait, didn't I?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Murkrow

Banned
So we've been discussing this for hours and no one but me thinks that this shit is a hoax? Or is it!? WHAT THE FUCK IS GOING ON!?

468px-Hideo.jpg

Maybe EU only.

Russians, Germans..

Doesn't make any sense to have a patch that adds russian subtitles only and have everyone from all over the world download it. So I ask again, what the hell is going on?

to be fair, it is my understanding that most EU games have all the supported european languages in them, so it makes sense that the EU release would get a patch like this.

Batzi

Banned
to be fair, it is my understanding that most EU games have all the supported european languages in them, so it makes sense that the EU release would get a patch like this.
Ok fine. But what about the damn file size? Way too big for subtitles. And why the fuck do we have to analyze every fucking damn thing?

Seriously I got burned so many times now, we better get a release date soon or I'LL GO FUCKING NUCLEAR ON KOJIMA'S ASS!!!

they should have kiefer sing a remix of nuclear. I'm nucularrrrrrrrr

i've always wondered if kiefer actually mispronounces it in everyday life like george w bush, or if he was just tossing that in there as a character trait of jack bauer. obviously we will find out in TPP if BB says "nucular"

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
btw. did you guys know that you can use smoke grenades to conceal a truck while driving it? just saw it on stream ...you can throw fucking grenades through car windows!

Dat attention to detail

Yes but all we're asking for is a damn release date!! WHY? WHY DO WE HAVE TO SUFFER?

Hey, man, we don't have to suffer! We can play a game that is over-priced at $9.99 until The Phantom Pain arrives.
leuhkikcskn4.gif

btw. did you guys know that you can use smoke grenades to conceal a truck while driving it? just saw it on stream ...you can throw fucking grenades through car windows!

Dat attention to detail

DUDE. WHAT?!

Sn4ke_911

they should have kiefer sing a remix of nuclear. I'm nucularrrrrrrrr

i've always wondered if kiefer actually mispronounces it in everyday life like george w bush, or if he was just tossing that in there as a character trait of jack bauer. obviously we will find out in TPP if BB says "nucular"

SHE SHURFIFE?

Hey, man, we don't have to suffer! We can play a game that is over-priced at $9.99 until The Phantom Pain arrives.
leuhkikcskn4.gif

DUDE. WHAT?!

Yeah man! You know the big trucks in bases. He just took Paz, put her in the passenger seat, threw a smoke grenade through the fucking car window and drove while the heavy enemy vehicle couldn't see him. He had to use night googles, so he could see where he's driving.

Amazingly hilarious.

Yeah man! You know the big trucks in bases. He just took Paz, put her in the passenger seat, threw a smoke grenade through the fucking car window and drove while the heavy enemy vehicle couldn't see him. He had to use night googles, so he could see where he's driving.

Amazingly hilarious.

WOW!!!! That's incredible. I'm about to go try this out right now!! Thanks! ^_^

Sn4ke_911

WOW!!!! That's incredible. I'm about to go try this out right now!! Thanks! ^_^

No problem :)
Now i don't know if this was or is a bug or we can really do this. I know it's completely unrealistic but hey with TPP and the horse shit + cars i would not be surprised if this wasn't just a bug.

D'angelo released his new record. Finally. This will no doubt prompt kojima to reveal the release date before we leave '14 behind. That is all.

Dat attention to detail
Holy shit, that's awesome. I'm really glad we have Ground Zeroes so we can plan all our dumb strategies ahead of TPP.

So basically the PC version looks the same other than slightly improved lighting and greater DoF? Not enough for me to justify a double dip.

Tempted to pick TPP on PC, although the online community will probably be on PS4.

-Deimos

So basically the PC version looks the same other than slightly improved lighting and greater DoF? Not enough for me to justify a double dip.

Tempted to pick TPP on PC, although the online community will probably be on PS4.

Yes, join us brotherrr....

So something about a mysterious patch and a bunch of other insane stuff?

Guys, what's going on? Are we succumbing to insanity? Or Are we the very definition of it?

There's also new surface reflections that aren't in the other versions that add a lot to the quality of the picture. Honestly I think it's a pretty big upgrade, it looks as good or better than the initial GDC 2012 playthrough.

I can't wait to see what TPP looks like on PC though, it will be magical.

Murkrow

Banned
Guys there is one thing, that bothers me alot:

Kaz:

We pull in lifetime, junior member.
Just to feed Kojima.
Robbing our noses in conspiracy thread dirt.
All for intel!

Why are we still here?
Just to suffer?
Every night, I can feel the theories.
And the conspiracies.
Even the trolls.

The rank we've lost.
The members which are banned.
Won't stop hurting.
It's like there all still there.
You feel it too, don't you?

Snake:

Yes, Kaz.
They are all on gamefaqs and reddit now.

Kaz:

Wha-!?

e59.jpg

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
We're so info-starved in here that if Kojima farted someone would record it and run it through an oscilloscope to check the pattern for a release date.

Skullface

D'angelo released his new record. Finally. This will no doubt prompt kojima to reveal the release date before we leave '14 behind. That is all.

D'angenlo?! You mean the r&b artist made popular in the 90's with the music video of him singing in a dark room while naked and the camera zooming in and out to reveal just before his pubic area? Impossible!

D'angenlo?! You mean the r&b artist made popular in the 90's with the music video of him singing in a dark room while naked and the camera zooming in and out to reveal just before his pubic area? Impossible!

is he still like 300 pounds? it would be amazing if he remade that video, shot for shot, as an obese older man now

You know what's strange. In MGS3 Ocelot looks much younger than Naked Snake. But now in TPP he looks older than him, like a grandpa.

40a.jpg
it's just the gray hair. some people go gray really early. someone like anderson cooper or john slattery look significantly older than they actually are because ~50 year olds dye their hair if they go gray early. ocelot's face reflects his age accurately IMO. he doesn't look as old as BB

Murkrow

Banned
it's just the gray hair. some people go gray really early. someone like anderson cooper or john slattery look significantly older than they actually are because ~50 year olds dye their hair if they go gray early. ocelot's face reflects his age accurately IMO. he doesn't look as old as BB

But Ocelot hasn't natural gray hair. His natural color is blond.

But Ocelot hasn't natural gray hair. His natural color is blond.

i never said gray was his natural congenital color. but it certainly seems to have changed to gray in TPP. which is not all that uncommon.

Ocelot.png

eitherway, look at his face, doesn't look like an old man at all

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom