• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Community Thread: Made you wait, didn't I?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salaadin

I'm so pumped for Ground Zeroes PC. I have a huge backlog and the game that I want to play the most is the PC version of a game that I already put 25 hours into.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
The thing is, every time that happens we go in with a lot of expectations! Every fucking time!
Haha yeah.

*Kojima wearing a shirt that has the numbers 22 and 6 on it

*the 6 book chapter 22 of moby dick is called "merry christmas"

*the top secret kojima tweet that says The Phantom Pain - The Bible

*Kojima Station on christmas day

Coincidence? but i think it is because Dec 25 is a thursday and Kojima Station's are always on thursdays.

Batzi

Banned
Haha yeah.

Coincidence? but i think it is because Dec 25 is a thursday and Kojima Station's are always on thursdays.

You fixed the Moby Dick reference :p

Haha yeah.

If it weren't for this, I would have never made the connection to COMING (6) 1984 (22), which now has become the biggest clue of them all, when combined with the shirt and "Merry Christmas!"

Sn4ke_911

Then you're too damn slow :p

Haha, actually i posted it, went to another thread, came back and saw my mistake.

If it weren't for this, I would have never made the connection to COMING (6) 1984 (22), which now has become the biggest clue of them all, when combined with the shirt and "Merry Christmas!"

:O

Goddammit, why u do dis LD?

:O

Goddammit, why u do dis LD?

It all adds up, and makes perfect sense! He's definitely not just telling us "Merry Christmas" or wishing us a happy holidays, as some have suggested. Because why would he do that way back in June? It's all leading up to a MAJOR Christmas day announcement!

Murkrow

Banned
It all adds up, and makes perfect sense! He's definitely not just telling us "Merry Christmas" or wishing us a happy holidays, as some have suggested. Because why would he do that way back in June? It's all leading up to a MAJOR Christmas day announcement!

Your theories changes as fast as your avatar does.

JayEH

when the TPP release date is revealed at the end of GZ PC, I just want to remind everyone who came up with that theory. I'll be here all week to accept your offerings for my next prediction on whether David Hayter is in the game or not.

Mexen

when the TPP release date is revealed at the end of GZ PC, I just want to remind everyone who came up with that theory. I'll be here all week to accept your offerings for my next prediction on whether David Hayter is in the game or not.

Not gonna happen, the original PS fan base cannot be blind sided like that.

Choomp

Banned
Did not get it either. Maybe they're showing something everyday till Christmas?

I'd be happy with just a 10 tweet movie review everyday from Kojima for the next week or so. I don't know why I can't see anything big being revealed soon

You can't deter our love for you, Love Deterrence.

dont_believe_you_anchorman.gif

Thanks, man!! ^_^ (Also, I couldn't agree more. The wait for Christmas is killing me!)

Jingo

Theories always cracks me up, is there anyone that proved to be true all this years in videogames?
I think people overthink it too much, kojima himself must be very surprised with all this imagination, i can see him hiring a bunch of metal gear fans just to mess up with the story!:D

Its always funny to see the theories, while i dont believe its all just a coincidence and be all inocent about it, but some are crazy, reminds me World trade center, titanic sink, of elvis being alive, tupac, michael jackson etc etc etc

They just say this because they believe you're a woman.

Girl-meme-Believe-me-honey.jpg

Joke

...or is it?

Do gaffers believe love is a girl? 0.o

They'd be out of their freaking gourd if they did, mate! I've run across plenty of people who see "Love" and, for whatever their reason may be, think "girl." While I much prefer the Extremely Solid handle I use around other parts of the Internet, I went with Love Deterrence (on here, as well as PSN) almost as a social experiment. I've always get a kick out of people recognizing what the handle is a reference to!

Hahaha!

They'd be out of their freaking gourd if they did, mate! I've run across plenty of people who see "Love" and, for whatever their reason may be, think "girl." While I much prefer the Extremely Solid handle I use around other parts of the Internet, I went with Love Deterrence (on here, as well as PSN) almost as a social experiment. I've always get a kick out of people recognizing what the handle is a reference to!

Hell I just assume everyone is guy around here lol

Is it just me or does the PC version of Ground Zeroes look exactly like the old GDC demo except a bit better?

Man I can't wait to see what The Phantom Pain will look like on PC, it's gonna be fucking godlike.

I bet this game will feel really next gen when we finally play it, just like when MGS3 happened.

I felt like I was playing some next level shit back then, but man if this game is basically MGS3+ I will be so fucking hyped.

I mean just the scale of this and the fact that it scales down to last generation consoles so well, I don't think we have to worry about the scope at all.

LD is a man, I always knew that.

Batzi

Banned
Is it just me or does the PC version of Ground Zeroes look exactly like the old GDC demo except a bit better?

Man I can't wait to see what The Phantom Pain will look like on PC, it's gonna be fucking godlike.

I bet this game will feel really next gen when we finally play it, just like when MGS3 happened.

I felt like I was playing some next level shit back then, but man if this game is basically MGS3+ I will be so fucking hyped.

I mean just the scale of this and the fact that it scales down to last generation consoles so well, I don't think we have to worry about the scope at all.

LD is a man, I always knew that.
I thought it looked pretty much like the PS4 version. We didn't really see a direct feed footage but it's not that big of a difference.

EDIT: On a side note, PT running on the same engine developed at the same time as TPP looked more realistic than any of the current GZ versions we've seen so far.

I thought it looked pretty much like the PS4 version. We didn't really see a direct feed footage but it's not that big of a difference.

EDIT: On a side note, PT running on the same engine developed at the same time as TPP looked more realistic than any of the current GZ versions we've seen so far.

Yeah but I imagine the scope of the game isn't as large as something like TPP and I remember them saying they were targeting 30FPS for PT so naturally they can pump up the visuals.

I mean I remember Kojima mentioning either on twitter or an interview about scaling down the models slightly from what they were originally for TPP so that they could use the same models in Cutscenes and in Gameplay while maintaining 60FPS. That said I can't tell if they did any actual downgrading, if anything I think it looks better everytime I see it and the difference between the E3 2013 and 2014 trailers is probably down to TOD(you can see E3 2013 style lighting in the MGO trailer towards the middle/end and in a screenshot).

Either way we all know the PC version will be the definitive version anyway, just because of the visual upgrades we'll be getting.

Vally

No idea, I'm also downloading it on PS3 (200 mb) to see what it is about

edit: I don't see anything different :/ I was hoping it would be a new extra mission or something

Sn4ke_911

No idea, I'm also downloading it on PS3 (200 mb) to see what it is about

edit: I don't see anything different :/ I was hoping it would be a new extra mission or something

Watch the TPP teaser, see if there is a release date at the end.

Hahahaha ....haha ...ha :(

Sn4ke_911

aaaand another voice recording session, fuck yes!

You know why Akio Otsuka is still recording but Kiefer Sutherland is already done? because Otsuka will voice both, Solid Snake and Big Boss.
leuhkikcskn4grj7i.gif

#TeamA

B45bk5TCQAEJjeN.jpg

Wut?

David you tease!

2014-12-1513_58_04-da5pu2c.png

Slowdive

Banned
You have to play it on Christmas day at 22 minutes past 6 to get the release date ending, and don't forget to plug a headset in like PT.
leuhkikcskn4grj7i.gif

Vally

Watch the TPP teaser, see if there is a release date at the end.

Hahahaha ....haha ...ha :(

That was the first thing I did lol, but nope nothing

If I remember correctly they had to fix the Russian subtitles, but I'm not sure they would need 300 MB just for that...

oh SHIT. this is it folks. the release date is now hidden somewhere inside GZ!

Yeah after P.T. it wouldn't surprise me one bit, maybe the release date it's already there for those who have 100% completion on the game or something lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom