• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Community Thread: Made you wait, didn't I?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
Boooooooooo

79foGQC8fnyxkzfdPr1OZkiFo1_500.jpg

EDIT: Haha! I thought you were quoting Princess Bride!

Skullface

Fair enough, man.

From the sounds of what you described, he didn't exactly repent/take back what he said, it sounds more like a poor attempt at damage control. Those fears of his about "losing tradition" are the calling card of any dyed in the wool racist. His support of Enoch Powell and his fear-mongering, anti-immigration "Rivers of Blood" hate speech, also speaks volumes.

I'm not arguing. The discussion's been nothing but civil from what I can see. That's a damn rarity!

Personally, I think racism is learned behaviour. I don't think there is categorical proof one way or the other though.

No. Racists aren't a race.

a5fd9f50473ea78ab4a5668771803996dfaebe931facffc060a9c530337dc7e7.jpg

Yeah, fair point. I shouldn't have brought it up.

Can I just say, Meat, that I actually appreciate hearing your opinion on the matter and the civility with which you had expressed it. It's clear to me that you have reason to be personally off put by those comments, and I never hoped to fully change your mind. At this point, I think I'll agree to disagree and vow to do more research on the topic.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
Can I just say, Meat, that I actually appreciate hearing your opinion on the matter and the civility with which you had expressed it.

Ditto, my good man.

It's clear to me that you have reason to be personally off put by those comments, and I never hoped to fully change your mind. At this point, I think I'll agree to disagree and vow to do more research on the topic.

Same here on all fronts, sir. Just splurging what I knew about the guy... in a completely inappropriate thread :D

Anyway...

Does any else think that the fort in MGO will be in TPP somewhere? Could that be where those pesky baddies keep Kaz?

Skullface

Just so sad it seems like the MGO reveal hasn't gotten much coverage on some of the more mainstream podcasts ex. Giantbomb or podcast beyond

Makes my desire to do a podcast grow stronger haha

Sorry dude, that racism talk definitely pushed your ordinal post to the back of the page. I agree with you, but there's not much to discuss at this point. We know it's pretty, beyond that, we don't know the rules or how it plays.

Has Yong dissected the trailer yet?

-Deimos

Did anyone else provide any mgo feedback to the MGO tWitter account? Seems like they are taking it very seriously

I left a comment about health bars. There's not a lot info to provide feedback on, all we can really do is give them a wishlist of the things we want.

Murkrow

Banned

Of course it's not racism. I said sort of. It goes in the same direction. For example, I also can't stand people who are sitting felt like 24/7 and watching dumb soaps, which they think this is real and relate with the show. Those are points where I say: No, here I cross the line!

I am pretty sure I am more aware of what racism means than you think because I see you from a perspective where you have a tunnel-view.

Qblivion

Does any one know for sure if any of the Colonel's VO was redone at all in MGS2HD on PS3? I thought certain lines sounded weird because plot reasons but my friend says it is because some lines were redone. I haven't played the ps2 version in age so I don't remember.

JayEH

Does any one know for sure if any of the Colonel's VO was redone at all in MGS2HD on PS3? I thought certain lines sounded weird because plot reasons but my friend says it is because some lines were redone. I haven't played the ps2 version in age so I don't remember.

Hmm maybe. I know in MGS3 HD there's some new dialogue from Paramedic about controls for the Vita.

Skullface

I am pretty sure I am more aware of what racism means than you think because I see you from a perspective where you have a tunnel-view.

Your posts, while I'm sure have some deeper point, come off as confusing and obtuse. I don't think it's appropriate to accuse others of being narrow minded when you appear to be using the word "racist" where the word "prejudiced" should be used.

X

Xpike

Unconfirmed Member

Yeah there redid lines for MGS2, 3 and PW

Murkrow

Banned
Your posts, while I'm sure have some deeper point, come off as confusing and obtuse. I don't think it's appropriate to accuse others of being narrow minded when you appear to be using the word "racist" where the word "prejudiced" should be used.

I am not english native, so I don't know this word. I looked about the meaning about it but it doesn't fit.

wilsonda

I left a comment about health bars. There's not a lot info to provide feedback on, all we can really do is give them a wishlist of the things we want.

Not sure what feedback you provided regarding the health bars but I would prefer no health bars on the hud and rather the blood splatter effect from GZ and the reveal trailer

Batzi

Banned
My friend sent me this, seems legit.

Analyzing GZ Weather: Sunny, Cloudy, Rainy, Foggy, Sandstorm and Pouring. Trying to change GZ Weather.

Uh... There's gonna be a part in the hospital in TPP where you won't be able to use the R Stick... #UselessFacts

Near the Buddy system code, I find the word "Squad". Can we send a squad on the Battlefield with Snake?!

Daaamn, found Quiet and DD code, I COULD HAVE GUESSED ABOUT QUIET AND DD IF I WASN'T SUCH A LAZY BITCH!

One thing is for sure, you can use your order menu to call Quiet or DD. (Even the helicopter for retreat)

You will be able to develop in TPP suits, types of bullets, weapons, and... "Battle Gear" ?!

WHAT THE FUCK?! Found "Horse Volgin Chase" in GZ CODE, VOLGIN CONFIRMED?!

X

Xpike

Unconfirmed Member
I don't really see new information in there. Even knowing Volgin is there is useless because most smart people could probably figure out one of the hallucinations is him already.

Batzi

Banned
I don't really see new information in there. Even knowing Volgin is there is useless because most smart people could probably figure out one of the hallucinations is him already.

I never doubted Volgin's existence in The Phantom Pain it's just that GZ code is now confirming it. That's all I was pointing out. Theorizing is one thing, but a fact is another thing.

Batzi

Banned
I wonder what "Squad" is considering Kojima confirmed you can't use DD Soldiers as buddies (which sucks btw).

You can't use them as buddies but probably like Potable Ops and Peace Walker, you can send them do missions for you or probably collect intel or fight your wars.

X

Xpike

Unconfirmed Member
CHEEZMO™;143630425 said:
Drk playing Twin Snakes in the stream. Pretty hilarious.

drk is being fucking annoying and saying even the font used in the game sucks, it's a let down because maybe if the AVGN wasn't playing Twin Snakes it would be fun

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
drk is being fucking annoying and saying even the font used in the game sucks, it's a let down because maybe if the AVGN wasn't playing Twin Snakes it would be fun

I can't stand this kid. He complains about shit all the time, thinks MGSV will be the worst MGS game just because his David Hayter is not in the game, or is he?
leuhkikcskn40rp3c.gif

I rather watch Tora play fucking SUNSET RIDERS! YEEEHAAAAAA!!

http://www.twitch.tv/Konami

X

Xpike

Unconfirmed Member
I prefer Mei Ling getting rid of her exaggerated accent, same with Nastasha.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom