• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Community Thread: Made you wait, didn't I?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vally

Not home but can someone please confirm what exactly the patch is for?

Just the Russian translation fix, apparently

B45CwXyIQAA-Sib.jpg:large

Disappointed the patch didn't come with custom soundtrack support. That said 300mb sounds like a lot for just a Russia translation fix, right? Could be something hidden in there.

Batzi

Banned
Disappointed the patch didn't come with custom soundtrack support. That said 300mb sounds like a lot for just a Russia translation fix, right? Could be something hidden in there.

Exactly what I thought. But then again, the patch could work like a firmware update so we don't really know what we're downloading exactly. How big was 1.02?

EDIT: 1.02 was around 400mb in size. That added a whole new mission and skins among other minor changes.

Disappointed the patch didn't come with custom soundtrack support.

Unfortunately, that's more of an issue with the console than the game. :-/ As a side note, they haven't mentioned custom soundtrack support for the PC release, but I've gotta imagine it's a lot easier to implement there than it is on consoles (especially PS4, where only USB playback is supported).

Exactly what I thought. But then again, the patch could work like a firmware update so we don't really know what we're downloading exactly. How big was 1.02?

EDIT: 1.02 was around 400mb in size. That added a whole new mission and skins among other minor changes.
Someone quick! Run through the Ground Zeroes mission with 22 kills, 6 extractions and have Snake stand there ("Kept you waiting, huh?") until exactly 19 minutes and 84 seconds before completing the mission to unlock the hidden cutscene/release date!
leuhkikcskn4.gif

Batzi

Banned
Someone quick! Run through the Ground Zeroes mission with 22 kills, 6 extractions and have Snake stand there ("Kept you waiting, huh?") until exactly 19 minutes and 84 seconds before completing the mission to unlock the hidden cutscene/release date!
leuhkikcskn4.gif

1.02 = 102 = 1+0+2= 3

GZ PC releases in 3 days.

Murkrow

Banned
leuhkikcskn4.gif

Nice try. Everyone knows you need 23 kills.

Don't waste the time for these people, you know they take it serious!

Just the Russian translation fix, apparently

B45CwXyIQAA-Sib.jpg:large

Hahah, that sounds like such bullshit. Plenty of Konami games have AWFUL mistakes in their Spanish localization, to say one, and they don't release 300+ MB to fix them out of nowhere 8-9 months after release.

I WANNA KNOW THE TRUTH

JayEH

aaaand another voice recording session, fuck yes!

You know why Akio Otsuka is still recording but Kiefer Sutherland is already done? because Otsuka will voice both, Solid Snake and Big Boss.
leuhkikcskn4grj7i.gif

#TeamA

So Ryan Gosling is finally finishing recording his lines?

Murkrow

Banned
300Mb? For the Russian subtitles? mmmmmm, what is going on?

I guess there's a hidden meaning. Ocelot was always supposed to say something at the end of each MGS game. But not in Ground Zeroes? Hmm why? Because it's just a prolouge? No. There is something fishy. Ocelot's native language is russia. That might be a clue. Someone should stream the game with Russian language and subtitles on. Maybe we get something special at the end of the game.

Jimmydg

I guess there's a hidden meaning. Ocelot was always supposed to say something at the end of each MGS game. But not in Ground Zeroes? Hmm why? Because it's just a prolouge? No. There is something fishy. Ocelot's native language is russia. That might be a clue. Someone should stream the game with Russian language and subtitles on. Maybe we get something special at the end of the game.

Men... #TeamPatchRussian !!!

"I would like to have ball-slapping sex with a legend in the eyes of those who live on the battlefield."

Yeah after P.T. it wouldn't surprise me one bit, maybe the release date it's already there for those who have 100% completion on the game or something lol

I squeezed every bit of game out of Ground Zeroes but I haven't seen anything. You guys would already know about it then.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Does the new patch have anything to do with the gift that get's revealed in 3 days???

and why the hell do we still not know the price of the steam version??

Something is up...

2014-12-1602_13_04-kopjo2k.png

Does the new patch have anything to do with the gift that get's revealed in 3 days???

and why the hell do we still not know the price of the steam version??

Something is up...

2014-12-1602_13_04-kopjo2k.png

Ground Zeroes hits Steam the last day of that countdown! The gift, I'm guessing, is a major discount - as it begins as the same day as the Steam sale? I don't know!

AHHH! I'm freaking out.

hmm...is this "well done, you figured out we have a secret in the patch" or "well done on coming up with another crazy mgs-fan theory????????"

I remember asking Ken on twitter if Kojima was coming to VGX this year and instead of responding he just favourited my tweet. I took it as him giving me a nod, but he couldn't say at the time. This was before TGAs or Kojima going there was actually announced. And I think he's hinted at other things coming in the past, so it's in the realm of possibility for sure.

it would be amazing if you had to play the game in russian to figure out the release date. i assume someone would crack the code soon enough if that was the case.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom