• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Community Thread: Made you wait, didn't I?

Status
Not open for further replies.
X

Xpike

Unconfirmed Member
Only things that were better were gameplay and graphics.

I disagree about the gameplay, the thing is extremely unbalanced because they just tackled on the new MGS2 mechanics without thinking how the game was designed without them in mind, making it an extremely easy game.

Jimmydg

10390553_10205779272509575_8824841450436854916_n.jpg

Skullface

I am not english native, so I don't know this word. I looked about the meaning about it but it doesn't fit.

I didn't realize that you weren't a native English speaker, I apologize. I'm not sure which word you meant doesn't fit, but it's all good. Your English is impressive enough where you could have fooled me. I truly don't mean any sarcasm here, but keep up the good work, your English is near stellar for a non native speaker.

Edit: I'm a sociology major so when I see words like racism, prejudice, discrimination, xenophobia thrown around as if they're the same thing, it rustles my jimmies in a big way. You can exhibit anyone of these attributes without the other, they all have very distinct definitions.

Man, all this Twin Snakes hate am I the only one that loved everything about it except for how badly the fucked up the rappelling physics?

Murkrow

Banned
I didn't realize that you weren't a native English speaker, I apologize. I'm not sure which word you meant doesn't fit, but it's all good. Your English is impressive enough where you could have fooled me. I truly don't mean any sarcasm here, but keep up the good work, your English is near stellar for a non native speaker.

Edit: I'm a sociology major so when I see words like racism, prejudice, discrimination, xenophobia thrown around as if they're the same thing, it rustles my jimmies in a big way. You can exhibit anyone of these attributes without the other, they all have very distinct definitions.

I'll do my best. I meant the word prejudice doesn't fit for what I meant. Of course the example about Xbox isn't racism but it isn't prejudice either, I am sure of it. I have no problem, people playing Xbox nor do I hate them or such a stuff, I just dislike when people "praising" it, like it's the best thing ever. When it's obvious what kind of crap Microsoft is doing. Also, I use Playstation ever since I started playing, that still doesn't make me a PS fanboy tough. PS isn't perfect either. There is no such a thing, like perfection in this world. But when I see people praising over the Xbox there is most at the time a pattern in their behavior. Yh, I know that might have sound prejudice, I know, but I noticed that more and more and I can't stand these kind of people. But this isn't only meant of Xbox it's also meant with religion etc... etc... but that would go to far now for this thread. I said to much which is why I won't comment about this here anymore.

Skullface

I'll do my best. I meant the word prejudice doesn't fit for what I meant. Of course the example about Xbox isn't racism but it isn't prejudice either, I am sure of it. I have no problem, people playing Xbox nor do I hate them or such a stuff, I just dislike when people "praising" it, like it's the best thing ever. When it's obvious what kind of crap Microsoft is doing. Also, I use Playstation ever since I started playing, that still doesn't make me a PS fanboy tough. PS isn't perfect either. There is no such a thing, like perfection in this world. But when I see people praising over the Xbox there is most at the time a pattern in their behavior. Yh, I know that might have sound prejudice, I know, but I noticed that more and more and I can't stand these kind of people. But this isn't only meant of Xbox it's also meant with religion etc... etc... but that would go to far now for this thread. I said to much which is why I won't comment about this here anymore.

Your Xbox example is prejudice. The reason is that you have a predetermined idea about the people who generally praise Xbox. In other words, people that praise Xbox aren't all going to be those vicious fanboys that bug you.

Same could be said about soaps. I know that I generally don't respect people that follow them religiously. However, I know that in my heart of hearts that a 26 year old dude watching soaps during the day, as annoying as that sounds, might be one of the coolest dudes I might ever meet. However, if you're to present me with this fact prior to my meeting this dude, I'm less inclined to share my company with him. Which boarders into active discrimination, depending on whether or not I decide to reluctantly chill with said dude, or avoid his company due to my prejudice.

Prejudice is not inherently bad by the way, we hall have them. I might be more open minded to an opinion of an Xbox owner rather than a PS4 owner based on prejudice for instance.

Murkrow

Banned
Your Xbox example is prejudice. The reason is that you have a predetermined idea about the people who generally praise Xbox. In other words, people that praise Xbox aren't all going to be those vicious fanboys that bug you.

Same could be said about soaps. I know that I generally don't respect people that follow them religiously. However, I know that in my heart of hearts that a 26 year old dude watching soaps during the day, as annoying as that sounds, might be one of the coolest dudes I might ever meet. However, if you're to present me with this fact prior to my meeting this dude, I'm less inclined to share my company with him. Which boarders into active discrimination, depending on whether or not I decide to reluctantly chill with said dude, or avoid his company due to my prejudice.

Prejudice is not inherently bad by the way, we hall have them. I might be more open minded to an opinion of an Xbox owner rather than a PS4 owner based on prejudice for instance.

Edit: forget it. I said I stop, so I stop

I don't understand why no HD version of MGS1 was included in the HD collection.

I also don't understand why they didn't port Peace Walker HD to the PS Vita. I mean I can play the PSP version on it but.. well it's not HD :(

JayEH

I don't own the game so I wouldn't be able to do that :/

I don't understand why no HD version of MGS1 was included in the HD collection.

I also don't understand why they didn't port Peace Walker HD to the PS Vita. I mean I can play the PSP version on it but.. well it's not HD :(

PW also runs at 20 fps on PSP LOL. Kojima how did you allow that?

For MGS1 they probably didn't want to include it because even upscaled the game doesn't look great since it's a PS1 game. Konami probably thought the mainstream wouldn't accept it in a HD collection.

drk is being fucking annoying and saying even the font used in the game sucks, it's a let down because maybe if the AVGN wasn't playing Twin Snakes it would be fun

So much this. I love Knight and Threedogg but god damn drk drives me nuts with the constant bitching. We get it, you don't like Twin Snakes.

But besides this, it's crazy they might hit 300 hours!

CHEEZMO™

Obsidian fan
I hope the GZ suit is an option in all versions. The TPP sneaking suit they showed in the gameplay demo is some stupid-looking shit. I'd never wear that thing and stick to normal camo outfits if I have to.

CHEEZMO™;143709367 said:
I hope the GZ suit is an option in all versions. The TPP sneaking suit they showed in the gameplay demo is some stupid-looking shit. I'd never wear that thing and stick to normal camo outfits if I have to.

da fuk? it looks like the mgs1 suit. how DARE you!

JayEH

CHEEZMO™;143709367 said:

You're basically saying you hate Snake's MGS1 suit lol.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
CHEEZMO™;143709367 said:

Admit it, you don't like the penis on his back.

u1iRYu5.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom